Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business account that let's me transfer in GBP

• 16-03-2018 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭

hey, can anyone recommend a business bank account that will let me transfer is GBP online or over the phone, I'm currently with PTSB and this is not possible, the only way I can do it is to drop down to the bank.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

We use a currency exchange provider for this - you get far better rates and you can just transfer into them first, using their Irish account IBAN, and then from there you can exchange your € to whatever currency required and send on internationally.

All can be done very quick and you will save a fortune over the rate that PTSB are likely charging.

We use "Currency Solutions" but personally I have used "Currency Fair" and I found latter to be fantastic and easy to work with. They have a great app and I moved money in and out from PTSB in less than 24 hours and had in a UK account within 12 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Fire.com allows you to open an account with UK sort code which you can use. It's easy to open but it has some running cost including £0.49 charge for each transaction. But it's easy to open with an Irish address.

Revolut.com also offers a business account which means you get the great exchange rates they offer and it's easy to open and operate. But it costs a monthly fee, so depending on the amounts you use it might not be a viable alternative. It also gives you a UK account / sort code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I am in a 6 month process of moving from UK to Ireland and have to transfer most of my salary to to my UK account every fortnight.
    I use N26 and the money arrives in my UK account via transferwise (built in) within 2hrs.

N26 have a free business account which offers the same service. You just can't lodge cash into it easily.

Advertisement