Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

= Health Insurance Retrospectively Cancelled by Health Insurer=

• 16-03-2018 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have a query on whether the following is possible, or even legal.

Long story short.

I left my work 2 Jan 2018.

Called insurer to ask what the situation was with my policy as it went through the company and they had been paying a small amount towards it and deducted premium from salary.

Insurer said in Feb that it was still active and they would let me know when it would be cancelled so not to worry as the company may have paid 'in a block of a few months'.

Today I got a letter saying it had been cancelled 30th December 2017 (two days before I had resigned!) I would also have paid in Dec pay for the month coming.

Insurer looking for cancellation fee and now saying I have only two weeks to reinstate.

Chap at insurer said he thinks they 'retrospectively' cancelled it at the company's request. Probably that the company called this week or the insurer didn't do it when they did call initially and cancelled it for 30/12/17

Question:
    Is this allowed or even legal?

Advertisement