Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland registration nightmare

Options
  • 16-03-2018 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Electric Ireland are a collection of idiots and <SNIP>
    I have never, ever seen such a poor customer service as Electric Ireland.

Last year at the beginning of July, I called them to inform them that I moved to a new address. I gave them the meter reading of the previous address and paid for what was left then I gave them the meter reading from new address, set up a direct debit and all sorted. A few days later, I received a letter confirming the direct debit setup.

I waited to get the new bill. Months passed and nothing came through the post. An Electric Ireland employee came and took the meter reading but no bill was issued to me. I called them and spoke with a lady, she said that I was registered with them and I should be getting the bill shortly.
    Instead of the bill, a guy with a van from ESB came to my house (before Christmas last year) saying that he was ordered to disconnect me because I am not registered with any supplier. I explained him that I called at least twice the Electric Ireland and gave them the MPRN, whatever they asked me, I even showed him letters from Electric Ireland, I also had a print screen from online account I set it up with electric Ireland, dates, so on……he did not care. He had a job to do. I told him to hold on to call again the Electric Ireland. I called them and asked what is going on. There was a fellow here to disconnect my electric supply. I explained to him that I had already spoken with two other customer service employees and told that I was registered with them. I went again with the customer service through the registration process.

Another month and so had passed. On the 23rd of January the meter, reading was taken again but no bill was issued.

A week later a person from Electric Ireland, knocked at my door, asking if I want to switch the supply to Electric Ireland. I was speechless.
    I started again stating that I am with Electric Ireland, he showed me his device that my house was on red colour, meaning that I am not with them. If I was with them, it supposed to be green colour. I asked him to make it green because I am already with them….:)
    He called the customer service. The lady on the phone could not find my name in the system either. Only when I gave her the account number she eventually found me saying that the account looks fine. I went through this process again…..finally they found out that I was registered but it was a problem within their office and now it has been corrected.

After 7 months, since moved, I got a ESB connection letter confirmation on the current address. I gave them (EI) the meter reading, after a few days I got a warmly welcome bill of 675 euros due in a week but with my previous address on it!!!. If I do not pay they will disconnect me, or I do not know.
    They are not responsible at all.
    They lose nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

That's not enough notice as per the direct debit guarantee. Speak to your bank

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Also - you do not have to pay this all at once. Ring them, speak to collections and say that you want to spread out the payments, as their mistakes led to a large bill.

Also, do you want me to move this to the Talk to Electric Ireland forum, so that the reps there can help?

Advertisement