Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49" tv' , Full HD ok?

Options
  • 16-03-2018 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi

Is full HD ok for a 49 " tv' or would u need to get an ultra HD

Will be mainly watching TV but may get a PS4 later

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

When you say 'watching TV' do you mean OTA or via satellite/cable?

If Satellite, do you have, say, a Sky subscription with UHD? Do you watch a lot of sports? Are you planning to get such a set-up?

Do you subscribe to Netflix? On what device? Do you have an Amazon FireTV Ulktra (4k)? Plan to get any of these in the near to medium term?

Do you have a UHD capable optical player, or plan to get one?

If you answer 'No' to much or all of the above, you'll be fine with a HD set. You won't benefit from 4K Playstation games but HD still looks pretty good and you'll be saving a few yoyos.

Coupled with 4K is the whole HDR thing and that's not fully resolved yet with multiple complimetary and competing standards etc. I'd say you'd be safer going for the HD set now and then upgrading in 2-3 years when that all settles down and there's more content generally available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

Thanks

I won't be using 4k netlix because of the 1TB cap we have

Satellite is FTA

There's a possibility of a PS4 or Xbox 1 but I reckon full hd will do

Advertisement