Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of track meets

Options
  • 16-03-2018 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Looking to run a few races on the track this year. I see a couple of lists for road races but nothing for track meets. I appreciate there may be only a few.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Where are you based, and are you a member of a running club?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

pconn062 wrote: »
    Where are you based, and are you a member of a running club?

New Ross and yes. There are a few I'm aware of but T&F not particularly active down here

Down South wrote: »
    New Ross and yes. There are a few I'm aware of but T&F not particularly active down here
    IMC FIXTURES 2018.

Here are the IMC fixtures for 2018.

Sat 5th May 2018. Greystones AC with IMC,Greystones
    Sat 26th May 2018. Belfast Irish Milers International, Mary Peters Track Belfast
    Sat 16th June 2018. Le Cheile International with IMC. Le Cheile Leixlip
    Sat 14th July 2018. GV Ryan with IMC , Irishtown Stadium
    Thursday 19th July 2018. IMC at Morton Games, Morton Stadium, Dublin.
    All Sat fixtures will be held in the afternoons. Specific meet time nearer the event date.
    Don't forget to Like our FB page and keep up to date with all the IMC news. Our website is www.irishmilersclub.org and here are some photos from last year to whet the appetite!!

I think the Dublin Graded Meets series are starting on April 25th, and then every two weeks after that. dublinathletics.com, should be posted up there soon.

Then a lot of the provincial/national events are listed here: http://www.athleticsireland.ie/competition/fixtures/

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Thanks I wasnt aware of the IMC fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

You also have the CIT track meets in Cork

https://www.corkathletics.org/component/jevents/eventdetail/2595/-/cork-athletics-graded-leagues-2018-round-2-sponsored-by-john-buckley-sports.html?Itemid=101&pop=0

and the Ton na Gaoithe meet in Waterford but think this is just sprints so depends on what your discipline is.

https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/TnLeGaoithe20182

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Snodge

Does anybody know have the events for any of the imc meets been announced yet or when they would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Snodge wrote: »
    Does anybody know have the events for any of the imc meets been announced yet or when they would be?

on their website
    2018 Irish Milers Club Fixtures.
    Sat 5th May 2018. Greystones AC with IMC
    Sat 26th May 2018. Belfast Irish Milers International, Mary Peters Track Belfast
    Sat 16th June 2018. Le Cheile International with IMC. Le Cheile Leixlip
    Sat 14th July 2018. GV Ryan with IMC , Irishtown Stadium
    Thursday 19th July 2018. IMC at Morton Games, Morton Stadium, Dublin.
    All Sat fixtures will be held in the afternoons. Specific meet time nearer the event date.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Snodge wrote: »

Most IMCs have an 8/15 and 3k, the odd few 5ks also. The 1st one up in Greystones will have 8 and 15s and a stupidly fast 5k (sub 15.20/15.30?). Men's standards for the 8s tend to be sub 2.10 and 15s sub 4.30.

Advertisement