Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneers Fees

Options
  • 16-03-2018 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

This has prob been asked lots before so apologies. I'm selling my house in the next month or 6 weeks in Kildare area.
    Do they all charge the same fees or are some cheaper than more? I know cheapest may not always be best but I'm just wondering anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

liam7831 wrote: »
    This has prob been asked lots before so apologies. I'm selling my house in the next month or 6 weeks in Kildare area.
    Do they all charge the same fees or are some cheaper than more? I know cheapest may not always be best but I'm just wondering anyway.

Nearly all estate agents these days are charging a 1% commission, your best bet is to visit your local estate agent and ask them for a breakdown of fees they are charging, most will be willing to negotiate their fees if it means they dont lose out on a sale

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

A lot depends on the house. If it is remote and or run-down, or has planning complications or your expectations for price are on the high side, it will be harder to sell, and that will be reflected in the fee.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

All different.
    We recently got a flyer in the door looking for properties.
    0.75% fee
    No up front payment.
    Includes addition to daft and MyHome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

kceire wrote: »
    All different.
    We recently got a flyer in the door looking for properties.
    0.75% fee
    No up front payment.
    Includes addition to daft and MyHome.

Which agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Now that the market is so crowded with auctioneers I will be negotiating

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

liam7831 wrote: »
    Now that the market is so crowded with auctioneers I will be negotiating

Reputation is more important than price. There is nothing as expensive than a cheap expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

Try Moovingo or moove or similar modern estate agents that won’t gouge you the way more traditional estate agents do (speaking from plenty of my own personal experience)
    Flat fee for sale including photos etc rather than a percentage fee, and they list it on daft/MyHome and manage negotiations etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Homer wrote: »
    Try Moovingo or moove or similar modern estate agents that won’t gouge you the way more traditional estate agents do (speaking from plenty of my own personal experience)
    Flat fee for sale including photos etc rather than a percentage fee, and they list it on daft/MyHome and manage negotiations etc

Have you used any of them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Which agent?

Stanley IIRC
    We just binned it so can’t even post a pic.

Advertisement