Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 17-03-2018 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I'm looking for some advice on an outstanding bill?

I moved out of my college house over a year ago and the last electricity bill was not paid (60€). The company have my home address and are threatening legal action if I don't pay it.

Will it result in further action?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Would it not be easier to just pay it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Not another one of these...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@tedpan - if you have a problem with a thread, report it. No need for comments on the thread.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Jas23 wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking for some advice on an outstanding bill?

I moved out of my college house over a year ago and the last electricity bill was not paid (60€). The company have my home address and are threatening legal action if I don't pay it.

Will it result in further action?

Probably not actual legal action, but almost all utility / service providers use independent credit reference agencies to determine whether to offer you a service / credit for that service.

These credit agencies also act a debt collection agencies and keep records for 6 years.

That €60 debt to one utility provider may cause service / credit refusal on everything from littlewoods shopping to mobile phone contracts to future electrical/gas service from ALL service providers that use the same company.

Considering there are only a couple of these companies operating you need to ask if it worth €60 for possible years of a black mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi I'm looking for some advice on an outstanding bill

Hi Op

i advise you to pay the bill.

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hi Op

i advise you to pay the bill.

X

Are you signing off or blowing a kiss?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Birneybau wrote: »
    Are you signing off or blowing a kiss?

:-)

Op seriously if you ever move out or want to get a service again it would be recommended to pay for the services used.

Advertisement