Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT registration has been pending for weeks now, is this normal?

Options
  • 17-03-2018 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

The title pretty much says it all. I registered through ROS on the 27th of last month and I've still heard nothing from them.

They haven't sent emails confirming anything with me and the status is still stuck in pending. Are they just that slow at sorting something this simple out?

This is for sole trader VAT, if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Vat is the hardest tax to register for and revenue will do a few checks on you. Have you sent in any supporting documentation such as evidence of trading, bank statements, purchase and sale invoices?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I only registered last week but was told to expect to have to wait 5/6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi there

They always ask to see evidence of trading as well as where the business is going to be run from etc.

If you do not reply then it stays as pending. I would give them a ring to see if they have sent the queries and if so where did they go to.

Best regards

dbran

Advertisement