Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milan SanRemo 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

ADW1 wrote: »
    Just curious, did anyone else see Nibali pressing the top of the right shifter using his thumb between the 6.2 to 5.9km to go! Just looked a bit odd! His run to line in the final 1km also looked effortless, it looked a bit too easy.

I did see it. I have a tendency to do that myself when I want to really dig in when the going gets tough. Like grabbing a hold to apply more pressure. He also looked absolutely on the limit coming home.
    What do you think yourself by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ADW1

JK.BMC wrote: »
    I did see it. I have a tendency to do that myself when I want to really dig in when the going gets tough. Like grabbing a hold to apply more pressure. He also looked absolutely on the limit coming home.
    What do you think yourself by the way?

With the current situation in cycling I don't know what to believe! I would like to think it was a master move and he caught the rest of his rivals napping (watching each other). I didn't think he could hold off a chasing peloton for the final km but he did and he'll be remembered as the 2018 Winner.

Greipel had an off camera crash in the closing km's puts him out for the classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Highlights have just started on Eurosport2, for anyone who hasn't seen it.
    I'm tempted to watch it again!

Highlights have just started on Eurosport2, for anyone who hasn't seen it.
    I'm tempted to watch it again!

If you've the player and on demand there were a couple of races today, the womens race was well worth a look albeit with Italian commentary. No idea why they didn't bother getting some one to call that in English was a world tour race ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

Only got to watch tonight as the Rugby was the main event for me yesterday. Delighted for Nibali he went early and held them off, loved how he used Neilands break to launch his move. Have to say I was surprised nobody else reacted but love to see moves like that pay off in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

ADW1 wrote: »
    Just curious, did anyone else see Nibali pressing the top of the right shifter using his thumb between the 6.2 to 5.9km to go! Just looked a bit odd! His run to line in the final 1km also looked effortless, it looked a bit too easy.
    Good chance he might have the accessory Di2 buttons found on top of the shifters programed to either change gear or check a different screen on his computer ( how bloody long is it to the finish line!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Finally got to watch this morning. Last 10km were great!

Some somersault by Cav

Advertisement