Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

• 17-03-2018 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

We’re all doomed lads! Doomed I tell ye!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mod starts new thread to distract from the old thread - MrMac84 is Jose Moaningho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Cant even get excited for a new thread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

First page a wpoooohooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Not 6th!

Not 6th!

Not in Europe either :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Seen today that sanchez gave the ball away 42 times v sevilla!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Please change the title to add a space after the hyphen and some commas after News and Talk. A full stop after etc would be nice too. etc.

It’s hurting my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I'm not going to go into a big rant here or anything, You cannot expect me to say this and that poster, they have to do better.

I prefer to say that bangkok and jayo26 are performing at a high level since day one until the last thread, If you want to make a real top thread with top mentality, you need to grow up.

Do you know how many of United posters that left the club thread last season? See where they post, how they post, if they post. That’s boards heritage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

bangkok wrote: »
    Seen today that sanchez gave the ball away 42 times v sevilla!!!

Where on the pitch did he give the ball away though?
    Was it a miss placed pass in their penalty area, in the last third of the pitch, in our half? It makes a difference where an attacking player loses possession. Not saying it's not an inconsiderable number, but context matters.
    For example, how many of DDGs clearances/ kickouts fall to opposition players? Is that considered giving the ball away?

Anyway, I'm giving Sanchez a bit of a free pass this season. He wasn't exactly on fire when he left Arsenal, we're playing muck and he's the sort of player where a lot of his passes would be riskier than a Carrick or Fellani and more likely to not come off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Oh great, today's topic is now decided. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Unimaginative thread title to keep in line with the current trend of play :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

This thread lacks heritage.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Troll as you mean to go on I guess.

"Moaningho" in second post. Shame bus didn't make an appearance on Page 1.

It just did if you switch to 40 posts per page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

jayo26 wrote: »
    It just did if you switch to 40 posts per page.

Not if I fùck up and backspace my post while trying to edit the fecking thing.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Not if I fùck up and backspace my post while trying to edit the fecking thing.

Dope ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Jose get your coat lad you are past it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

This post probably cost a fortune and won't perform to a level that matches it's price tag.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Rojo signs a new deal to 2021 with the option to extend by 1 year

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/974688533028986888?s=20

Apologies if already posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Match Thread up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Match Thread up.

913.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I love Rojo. Don’t care how mental he can be as I feel like he loves playing football and plays with such aggression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Playing Rojo and Bailly at CB is probably our best chance at seeing something entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Very confusing about what you can post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Slightly United related.... Darron Gibson is in some state. Just after crashing whole drink driving, writing off a load of cars, while already banned.

Clearly has a big drinking problem, but he us going to jail for this surely. Might see him get help.

Very lucky he didn't kill anyone.

Hopefully he gets a hood prison sentence for this, put lives at risk.

https://twitter.com/stewartgardner/status/975050234379362304?s=21

I hope the undersoil heating goes on soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Slightly United related.... Darron Gibson is in some state. Just after crashing whole drink driving, writing off a load of cars, while already banned.

Clearly has a big drinking problem, but he us going to jail for this surely. Might see him get help.

Very lucky he didn't kill anyone.

Hopefully he gets a hood prison sentence for this, put lives at risk.

Heritage

Pogba and Sanchez on the bench.

Shaw McTominay and Martial start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

adox wrote: »
    Pogba and Sanchez on the bench.

Shaw McTominay and Martial start.

Sanchez has needed to "rested" for a couple of games now. Hopefully martial shows why that left wing spot should be his

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hate to say it but that was a world.class finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I just call to say I love you and I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

niallo27 wrote: »
    I just call to say I love you and I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

Very proud day for you Niallo.

Congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

When people have such issues with drink/drugs etc it usually takes an issue like that to turn it around. Rock bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

doc_17 wrote: »
    When people have such issues with drink/drugs etc it usually takes an issue like that to turn it around. Rock bottom.

Sadly that is true. Really fortunate nobody was seriously hurt.

My sympathy stops the minute he gets behind the wheel of a car.

Whatever he gets will be fully deserved.

• Advertisement

Happy enough with the team has to be said. (Usually leads to hair being torn out before the end of the game!)Would be nice to be able to give matic a rest or maybe lukaku but needs must

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

I'm really hoping we see a bit of desire and energy from the team in this match.

Its our only chance at silverware now.

There can often be a hangover from a bad defeat but there really is no time for that. The intensity must be shown today, they owe it to the fans. They have to show it actually matters to them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Want to see big games from Martial and Shaw tbh. Lingard has been quiet too, recently as well.

Sanchez and Pogba on after 65 minutes to rescue the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That wee video before the first goal against Seville on BT summed up the problem... Ken Early's been banging on about it for ages, and to be honest I thought he was being overblown, but it does seem clear that defenders are just not allowed to pass the ball into centre midfield. Jose himself has said he doesn't want this type of pass multiple times in the media. But sacrificing that big an aspect of play just makes everyone uncomfortable, as Pogba and Sanchez have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    That wee video before the first goal against Seville on BT summed up the problem... Ken Early's been banging on about it for ages, and to be honest I thought he was being overblown, but it does seem clear that defenders are just not allowed to pass the ball into centre midfield. Jose himself has said he doesn't want this type of pass multiple times in the media. But sacrificing that big an aspect of play just makes everyone uncomfortable, as Pogba and Sanchez have been.

There's the issue that we don't necessarily have a CM that can act as the transitional player between the phases though i.e. be the person to receive the ball from the back four and move it on quickly in a constructive manner to begin an attacking phase. Too many players that either can't and it's never been their role so it'd be unfair to expect it and/or simply take too many touches and slow down play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Never won in their history at old Trafford, Jose please don't let them do it tonight, let's hit em hard and fast

This is Martials chance to shine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Horrific conditions but no excuses tonight . We need a result and a performance

Lads my wife says luke Shaw is buff.... ye know nothing.

Horrific conditions but no excuses tonight . We need a result and a performance

A dusting of snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

J. Marston wrote: »
    A dusting of snow?

bt showed earlier snow and wind blowing under the lights before kick off . Can't see it now of course on the telly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

bt showed earlier snow and wind blowing under the lights before kick off . Can't see it now of course on the telly

It's been really windy here all day alright, light snow for 20 mins followed by sunshine, rinse and repeat. Has started falling heavier since about 6 though.

Not showing much fight yet scarf off for Jose though

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement