Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Uh left I think, no wait it's right..

Wrong middle was better

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Wrong middle was better

Can I change my answer? :pac:

Can I change my answer? :pac:

Nope, post's cant go any further man sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Bit with fergie i have to disagree with, even though your post wasnt directed at me at all but

What made fergie so great was his adaptability year on year in the PL

Don’t think you are disagreeing with me really.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Don’t think you are disagreeing with me really.

I disagree with the fact that people only thought he played attacking agreasive football all the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

DeGeas flaw is his inability to command his area. And it's a lot greater problem than some here seem to believe.
    I believe both Schmeichel and VDS had better defences in front of them. But part of what made them better was the GK shouting instructions and keeping them focused.
    I wonder would DDG have less work to do if his defence were better marshalled by him. They all seem to lose focus at one point or another and a more commanding, vocal keeper would keep them sharp.

DeGeas flaw is his inability to command his area. And it's a lot greater problem than some here seem to believe.
    I believe both Schmeichel and VDS had better defences in front of them. But part of what made them better was the GK shouting instructions and keeping them focused.
    I wonder would DDG have less work to do if his defence were better marshalled by him. They all seem to lose focus at one point or another and a more commanding, vocal keeper would keep them sharp.

Thats a fair enough point but you could argue that DDG hasnt had the solid defending partnership than VDS or Schemical has had. And you touch it with the last bit of your post.

Bailly is a mainstayer for sure in this tean, have people written Lindelof?

I know that Mo Salah has showed that not every player needs a full season to adapt to a new team, let alone a new league, but he is an exceptional case IMO. Romelu Lukaku has done more than well for his first season playing in a new team. Especially when compared with Kane and Aguero who have had years to hone their roles and performances at their clubs.

I realise that Rom was no stranger to getting moved around PL clubs before joining United. However, that move of his last Summer was supposed to finally be his big move, wherever he went. The move that would finally see him get a first team spot at a top club, after years of the 'Is he or isn't good enough to lead the line for a top team like Chelsea?'. Up until this season, Lukaku has had a few years of uncertainty about where exactly he would play the best years of his career. Would it be at a top club? Or is that beyond him, and somewhere between West Brom and Everton his actual level?

Last Summer's move was the one which would lead to an answer to that question.

Then, separate to Lukaku's own personal quest, there was United's situation. He came into a United team under high scrutiny and still in transition. He probably hasn't had the same attacking line-up of players to support him for two successive games this season, he's been relying on scraps for far too many of his minutes in the United shirt. Then when we have to play 'Plan B Direct', he's up there on his own competing for long balls against 2 or 3 defenders - tens of yards away from any of his United team mates. Conditions haven't exactly been perfect for him to thrive in.

Don't get me wrong, Rom has frustrated me at times and there were matches when he wasn't scoring and wasn't really contributing anything which were testing. He has also fluffed good chances and just had bad games. There have been flaws of course.

Now, back to a player who Lukaku is ranked below in the league and who also came into a new club - Salah.

Salah didn't really face those same problems at Liverpool with ever-changing attacking line-ups and misfiring attackers. They have a pretty solid attacking unit over there. Some say 'What if Salah/Firmino/Mane get injured?' - Well up until that happens they are playing brilliantly and Salah is absolutely flourishing in a well-oiled, consistent attack. Like with 'What if Coutinho leaves?' - I think we've seen by now that they are adaptable, unfortunately.

I'm just wondering what Lukaku's return would be if he had been playing in a similar consistent attack all season? Maybe not as good as Salah's return, who knows, but I'd argue that his return would be even better than the current 27 goals and 9 assists.

I'm not saying 'What if Lukaku played for Liverpool?' Just, what if we had our own shít in order. If Martial and Rashford weren't still a bundle of potential wrapped in inconsistency, if some of our full backs could cross a ball more than once every few games, if our most creative player Pogba wasn't going missing in games himself, if an utterly useless Mkhitaryan hadn't have been played for far too many games to see if he could be played in to form. All of that.

Again, 27 goals and 9 assists with 5 games left to play. In a team which hasn't been playing to his strengths all the time. In that context, I really don't mind where he is ranked among the league's best. My eyes have told me that he has been a great purchase for the club and a potential 30 goals per season striker for us.

To add to that, he also has that 'character/leadership' stuff which is missing from far too many of the current crop. I can't wait to see how he works out for us in the long-term.

P.S: I wrote this post earlier tonight when the thread was talking about Lukaku and he being 4th best in the league. Since then, I've fúcked off from the laptop a few times and Salah has since been announced as POTY. My post aims to take nothing away from Salah, who has been phenomenal and is the wholly deserved POTY.

Some twitter quotes and observations...

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/988130653618233345?s=19

Paul Pogba: I have no worries with Mourinho. He is the coach, he will make choices and I as a player, I have to accept it. You have to answer on the pitch, that's all.

Elsewhere, Pogba paying tribute to Ronaldo's "Now I'm here, but you never know the future"...

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/988126581766799360

""For now i'm at #mufc, I only think in the present. We're in the cup final, there's the World Cup coming up. Transfers, it's not in my head." #mulive [canal+]"

More Herrera stuff...

https://twitter.com/Mourinholic/status/987811845732958208?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Edefault%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3&

"Here you see Ander Herrera heading the ball back to safety in the 61:09. Now you see him scoring the winner in the 61:36. That’s what you call a box to box player, a menace to play against."

About Herrera. No one is getting carried away, just very relieved that he hasn't been labotomised like we previously thought.

Ya know what, fúck it, I'll admit I'm getting carried away. He's my favourite United player bar none, I was absolutely gutted watching him play his way out of the team and likely the club earlier this season. I'll take the risk of that 'LOL...and people thought he was a good player' post when Herrera does inevitably have another stinker of a game. Fúck that, he's been great for us at an important time of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

As much as some people love the run down Lukaku imagine if we had gone for the "more mobile" Morata......things would have been so much worse this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

pjohnson wrote: »
    As much as some people love the run down Lukaku imagine if we had gone for the "more mobile" Morata......things would have been so much worse this year.

And Bakayasho(?) instead of Matic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mourinho:

"We are going again to touch our squad and to believe that more than spend, spend, spend, is probably the evolution of our players. We have some young players that need to get with both hands opportunities with their evolution, so let's see."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

paulbok wrote: »

And Bakayasho(?) instead of Matic
    Bakayoko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

GSPfan wrote: »
    @ bangkok

I’m completely ok with you holding Schmeichel up as one of the best ever but you cannot think he was without fault. If I was to compare him to a premier league goal keeper today he would be the equivalent of Ederson. He is great most of the time but has a desire to get involved outside his box and ends up looking stupid now and again.

Nostalgia blurs reality. It’s like people thinking Ferguson only played aggressively attacking swashbuckling football. He absolutely didn’t. For the most part it was very practical and disciplined.

I’m not saying Ederson is as good as Schmeichel.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mourinho:

"We are going again to touch our squad and to believe that more than spend, spend, spend, is probably the evolution of our players. We have some young players that need to get with both hands opportunities with their evolution, so let's see."

Translate: C'mon to fúck Anthony and Marcus.

On the subject of young players stepping up, Andreas Pereira might not be as much of a lost cause at United as previously thought.

Any comments he made earlier in the season signified that he was happy in Spain and planning on staying there next season. However, he had this to say last week...
    Valencia approached my agent and said they want to buy me which is flattering, but it wasn’t like it was reported in the media,”

“People said I’d demanded talks with Jose Mourinho when I’ve demanded nothing. The Valencia coach speaks with me a lot and we have a good understanding, but as far as I’m concerned I’m still a Manchester United player, with a contract at Old Trafford until 2020 and an ambition to make it at United. I’ve never sought to leave United.”

Full article including more comments about his time at Valencia...

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/manchester-united-andreas-pereira-valencia-loan-sign-permanent-deal-latest-updates-a8312056.html

He had a good season with Granada last year, despite them being dung, and I made an effort to keep up with his progress. I haven't a clue how he has done for Valencia this season though. I know he was out injured a few months ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pereira, TFM and McT would be interesting options going in to next year, all in positions we need to strengthen this summer.

McT has vanished in recent weeks. Is he hurt or what?

Andreas has always wanted to make it here. That whole loan thing this year was blown out of proportion.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pereira, TFM and McT would be interesting options going in to next year, all in positions we need to strengthen this summer.

Scott is a good prospect, he didn't just do alright in the team for that spell but went beyond that, he was our best CM in some of his games. He wouldn't have been out there in the team if the manager didn't have confidence in him.

That said, I got more than a whiff of suspicion at the time that McT was being used as an example to others in CM. Now that 'others' is back in the manager's good books, plus Herrera has shown back up, Scott is probably going to be given more realistic game-time for his age. I hope he gets a couple more appearances in before the season ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Andreas has always wanted to make it here. That whole loan thing this year was blown out of proportion.

depends what rumours and speculation your chose to believe or discount.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

depends what rumours and speculation your chose to believe or discount.

Usually the negative here anyway the boy wanted pl

ay first team football regularly anyone else.be praised for it but because he is United youngster it ha seen said he doesn't have bottle to fight for it.

The big pitty is that he probably would of ended getting lots if game time here if he had of stayed.

He actually said at points earlier this season that he wouldn't mind staying in Spain beyond the Summer. I posted those comments at the time and life's too short to search again. Just trust me, Projectile ;)

I imagine that all of our players 'want' to make it at United, but Pereira's first team situation didn't look too promising and you can't blame him for being realistic. There's wanting to make it at your ideal club, and then wanting to play regular first team football and not stunt your development.

He's still young, just turned 22 in January. If Pereira truly wants to make it at United, he'll take any offer Jose gives him over the Summer and let the chips fall where they may next season. If he doesn't get first team football regularly next season at United, he can look to leave in Summer 2019 before his contract expires in 2020. That way, he at least tried to compete for a place in Jose Mourinho's United, he'd still be young at 23, and United might get a few pound for him in a sale.

When I think about it, that's two seasons he hasn't been around. Barring pre-season he hasn't competed for a place in Jose's team. Through injuries and the poor form of others, he definitely would have gotten his chances. If he gets the offer to come back and be in next season's squad, I really think he should take it. That's if he wants to make it at United.

Yep he simply wanted to play. Some people are really desperate to try and make it a case of he defied Jose and forced the move.

The fact he went from #44 to #15 did show Jose had some plans for him but obviously not enough so he agreed to give Andreas another year in La Liga at a much better club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That goalkeeper talk, lordy.....

That was a really good win and another comeback against a good team. The players and manager need to harness this **** and engrain it into the team, so next season we don't have the one step forward two steps back, bottling points against West Broms and the like.

There is fight and character in that team, need to harness it and forge something from these types of games. Late to the party as I tend to not post weekend, but it was a really entertaining match and was a good win. Thought after that first goal we were going to get tanked, was getting that vibe. Then Pogba out of nowhere, brilliant.

An FA Cup win would be nice to win another trophy and put a shining gloss on a season if differing emotions and evaluations.

TheDoc wrote: »
    That goalkeeper talk, lordy.....

That was a really good win and another comeback against a good team. The players and manager need to harness this **** and engrain it into the team, so next season we don't have the one step forward two steps back, bottling points against West Broms and the like.

There is fight and character in that team, need to harness it and forge something from these types of games. Late to the party as I tend to not post weekend, but it was a really entertaining match and was a good win. Thought after that first goal we were going to get tanked, was getting that vibe. Then Pogba out of nowhere, brilliant.

An FA Cup win would be nice to win another trophy and put a shining gloss on a season if differing emotions and evaluations.

Doc do you think the way the players are able turn up like that when they want to shows that they seem to have downed tools or have up on the league too early this season?

The more I see them play like that in the big games while it makes me happy it also maddens me when I think about how we exit the champions league early and the performances against some of the smaller teams on the league the players have been running on a lot less then 100 percent and that's definilty the case with Pogba.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Doc do you think the way the players are able turn up like that when they want to shows that they seem to have downed tools or have up on the league too early this season?

The more I see them play like that in the big games while it makes me happy it also maddens me when I think about how we exit the champions league early and the performances against some of the smaller teams on the league the players have been running on a lot less then 100 percent and that's definilty the case with Pogba.

It feels like the side have a problem getting themselves mentally right for games they are expected to win.

It feels like the side have a problem getting themselves mentally right for games they are expected to win.

I'm been hard on pogba but I'm using him as an example because it's so obvious.

You can allow for players freezing or having bad games the sloppy passing and what not but how many times since Christmas have we seen him walk around the pitch going through the motions and not fighting for the ball. Then he turns around and puts in a performance like that against spurs and city and so on.

He is not the only one many other players have been guilty of it too but pogba is in the most important position in the pitch so it stands out so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lord TSC wrote: »

I really hope TFM is given a chance next season. He has done well at Palace and has played over half the games as RB. I'd like him to be competition to Tony V next season and if it works out could be a option long term.

Can't say I know to be honest. If I even had an incling on what it is, I'd probably be talking about it.

I think the recent run of our performances and wins from the team against rivals, especially coming from behind, is going to , and should be, a massive benefit to all. It's evidence that the managers methods can and do work, and the players(if they were doubting) will grow their confidence and trust in the instructions,style and ethos.

While there has been some catastrophes this half of the season, the run against rivals I think has been really important. Not only does it put Jose's own record to bed, it should breathe confidence in the team and everyone when it comes to these games. Perhaps the problem is in terms of motivation and focus. The players not getting themselves up for the lesser teams, the manager not saying the right things or preparing the team right. Maybe the team react to adversity better now.

Maybe the team just needs a "trigger" to ignite them, as opposed to taking to the field and trying to boss the game. I don't think our team does well in domination, I think we are better reacting. Be it to a set back, or reacting to oncoming teams that are more comfortable in possession.

The identity of the team still isn't clear. Are we a team to dominate the game and crush teams into submission from our wave after wave of attack.
    Are we a "controlling" team that just hangs onto the ball and when opportunity arises we pounce, as opposed to carving it out ourselves
    Are we a countering team, where we try to let the opposition onto us, then to break venomously and expose teams with our pace, power and efficeny?

I think thats something we need to figure out. I believe, we are at our best playing in a counter attacking style. It's quicker, less thought, most instinctive, and our players are running at goal. I believe the manager thinks this also.

The problem is we need to be a hybrid. A team of our size and quality, can't play counter attacking ball against a West Brom etc. We need to dominate the game, and carve out chance after chance and bury them into submission.

Mourinho uses the word "control" a lot. He never says we "dominate" a game, he says "we controlled". That is key for me. When you read or look at his history and how he coaches, its all about control. Control with the ball, but most importantly control without the ball. There are games where we will get seriously outplayed but he will say we controlled the game, becase we restricted chances and countered their strengths.

We need to, and he needs to, work out a method and plan for the games we are expected to, and should, control the game with possession, and putting teams away.

I'd say if I have to put my finger on anything it is that, the team has a very specific scenario where it is at its strongest and most dangerous, and the team operates best. But it's the lesser scenario that appears during the year.

• Advertisement

Balotelli is leaving Nice. I give it 10 days until Sky run a "Balotelli to United" headline.

Balotelli is leaving Nice. I give it 10 days until Sky run a "Balotelli to United" headline.

I'll give it 5 days...

I also think over the summer, or whenever, there needs to be a total re-evaluation of Pogba. Fans, manager, media, player himself, everyone.

One of the issues I have in the whole dynamic is I just feel many critics just don't understand what he is, what he does, and expectations are totally incorrect simply because he cost £80m. There was a resonating (with me anyway) comment from Danny Murphy during the game about how you see him do these amazing things, or things of quality, but we expect him to do it all the time, week in week out, and it's hard. There is very few players ever, that can do that.

Then you hear Phil Neville talk,and your like, "for **** sake". Stupid comments and lazy punditry that hardly helps the situation or creating any sort of realistic expectations.

Pogba is a player that doesn't go through gears, he just skips them. He goes from brutal to amazing, anonymous to boss. Consistency will come, I'm sure of that, but this is clearly not the midfielder everyone expected or assumed. I feel I've been able to somewhat stay positive and support him because I knew what he was when he came. And I think Saturday felt like another case point. But even I have had to maybe change my expectations, or have realised some things about him I maybe took as a given, or didn't realise from before.

This is not a midfielder that is going to tick a game over, recycle possesion or dominate a game or midfield solo. At times he will, but this is a player of moments. A flick of his boot can win a match, a drive or dribble can change the entire mood of the team and ground. He's a match winner. He's not solidity, he's not going to be a foundation. He is the quintessential "build your team around". And that phrase doesn't mean the best player, or mean the most complete player.

You build your team around match winners, around incredible talent and ability. You build a team around a player to cover their weakness elsewhere, but ensure you are playing to their strengths.

I don't know if people expected a Keane, Scholes, Alonso or a Kroos, but it's becoming more evident to me anyway, Pogba is a Gerrard, Lampard, Zidane etc.

I also think over the summer, or whenever, there needs to be a total re-evaluation of Pogba. Fans, manager, media, player himself, everyone.

One of the issues I have in the whole dynamic is I just feel many critics just don't understand what he is, what he does, and expectations are totally incorrect simply because he cost £80m. There was a resonating (with me anyway) comment from Danny Murphy during the game about how you see him do these amazing things, or things of quality, but we expect him to do it all the time, week in week out, and it's hard. There is very few players ever, that can do that.

Then you hear Phil Neville talk,and your like, "for **** sake". Stupid comments and lazy punditry that hardly helps the situation or creating any sort of realistic expectations.

Pogba is a player that doesn't go through gears, he just skips them. He goes from brutal to amazing, anonymous to boss. Consistency will come, I'm sure of that, but this is clearly not the midfielder everyone expected or assumed. I feel I've been able to somewhat stay positive and support him because I knew what he was when he came. And I think Saturday felt like another case point. But even I have had to maybe change my expectations, or have realised some things about him I maybe took as a given, or didn't realise from before.

This is not a midfielder that is going to tick a game over, recycle possesion or dominate a game or midfield solo. At times he will, but this is a player of moments. A flick of his boot can win a match, a drive or dribble can change the entire mood of the team and ground. He's a match winner. He's not solidity, he's not going to be a foundation. He is the quintessential "build your team around". And that phrase doesn't mean the best player, or mean the most complete player.

You build your team around match winners, around incredible talent and ability. You build a team around a player to cover their weakness elsewhere, but ensure you are playing to their strengths.

I don't know if people expected a Keane, Scholes, Alonso or a Kroos, but it's becoming more evident to me anyway, Pogba is a Gerrard, Lampard, Zidane etc.

And when did Gerrard, Lampard, Zidane have brutal games as you admit in the first bold post.

My biggest annoyance with Pogba is how does he go from brilliant to abysmal? Cristiano Ronaldo/RVN/RVP didn't score a hat trick every game, Scholes didn't get MOTM and control every match each week nor Zidane/Gerrard/Lampard.

Most of those players and most world class players had (or have) a fairly high base level of performance and can then ramp it up into the spectacular. Pogba can play at such a horrendous level he is almost a hindrance to the side wasting passes doing stupid tricks loosing possession. Building the entire team around a midfielder who is in no way solid or a foundation could be an expensive failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Pogba is a player that doesn't go through gears, he just skips them. He goes from brutal to amazing, anonymous to boss.

You’re reading too much F365 :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Darmian and Martial for Dybala.. right side sorted :D

thing i find most funny is for all the crap pogba is getting for his "poor" season as some call it, he has 5 goals and 12 assists!!

bangkok wrote: »
    thing i find most funny is for all the crap pogba is getting for his "poor" season as some call it, he has 5 goals and 12 assists!!

You left out pass completion :(

Next season

Goal Keepers.
    This is actually an odd situation, imo. De Gea is first choice, undisputed, but behind him I actually don’t know what it will look like next season.

Pereira is a very highlighted young keeper - and while I would be delighted to see him be second choice next season and play in lesser cup games, he will probably need more than that so a loan is possibly the best course of action for him.
    Romero is a very good back up keeper, but probably good enough to be first choice elsewhere - I wouldn’t be surprised to see him head off somewhere.

Based on that, you could easily see United need to sign a backup keeper and maybe promote O’Hara to third choice for next season?

Cheeky one… Cech?

Defence
    Right Back - Currently Valencia/Darmian? Next season? FUP KNOWS. I would be happy to see Darmian go, a new right back Brought in then TFM and Valencia offering cover there.
    Centre Back - We need a vocal leader, imo. Big question marks over all our current defenders to be honest. Smalling and Jones are argued about weekly. Bailly is great when he plays but WTF is up with at the moment. WHERE IS HE? If we can’t rely on him to ever be fit then we simply can’t rely on him. Lindelof has a player inside him - a good ball playing CB is there - but I don’t know if he will ever cope with the PL, or simply playing for United. Was horrible watching him vs Bournemouth - was utterly bullied in the air all game. I’d be looking at New CB (Alderwield please),Bailly, Lindelof, TFM, Jones.
    Left back - absolutely one signing needed here but can we continue to rely on Young as cover? Shaw is surely gone in the summer, along with Darmian and Blind - that leaves Young and Rojo as the only players that have previously covered there.

Central Midfield:
    Likely staying: Pogba (IMO), Herrera,Matic, McTominay
    Likely going: Carrick (certainty), Fellaini (looks like it).
    Possibly here/gone - Pereira.
    For me, I would love to see a top CM signed - and sticking with Pogba, New CM, Herrera,Matic, McTominay, Pereira as our group. Whether that is too much… dunno. Depends on the formation.

Up front/attacking positions.
    I’d be happy for little/no change here - but I can see Martial leaving and if he does, it needs to be a right sided player Brought in. We can play Rashford and Sanchez from the left already and Lingard could go in there too.

If we want to win the title, we need an improvement in quality and performance.

De Gea
    New RB--Bailly---Alderwield---New LB
    Matic
    New CM---Pogba
    --Sanchez
    Rashford
    Lukaku

Pereira
    TFM
    Lindelof--Jones---Young
    --Herrera--McTominay-Pereira
    -Mata
    Lingard
    Martial

With 4 new signings - RB, CB, LB, CM - I'd be happy enough with that squad - assuming Mourinho can coach them and use them correctly.

And you could and are being countered with, a player of his quality and outlay the club spent bringing him back, should have more than the 5 goals :).

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Darmian and Martial for Dybala.. right side sorted :D

not convinced about Dybala at all, watched the juventus napoli game last night and he was awful. not the first time either in a big game where he has been very poor

And you could and are being countered with, a player of his quality and outlay the club spent bringing him back, should have more than the 5 goals :).

when he was played in a midfield 2, he didnt have the freedom to get forward, hence his low goals and high assists.

this has been his lowest goal scoring season in 4 years. look what he did against city and spurs, 2 of the best teams in england, he bossed them when he was given freedom

astradave wrote: »
    You’re reading too much F365 :p

Using the word "boss" to describe someone immediately invalidates their argument. ;)
    We aren't the Liverpool thread. Lads who've never set foot on Merseyside using Scouse slang. I don't want to see that nonsense creeping in here.

Bangkok no one said about his poor season most are talking about his individual performances and analysing how it looks for the whole team.

Up until Christmas if you ever noticed my posts about pogba i always support him and thought he was the man that made us tick and I still think that but I can also sit back and say what the fuk is going on when I see him strolling around the pitch not interested.

Its a simple thing that when pogba plays well United play well it was similar at the first half of season when he was out injured the team went through the motions and when he came back the team did better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Next season

Goal Keepers.

Pereira is a very highlighted young keeper - and while I would be delighted to see him be second choice next season and play in lesser cup games, he will probably need more than that so a loan is possibly the best course of action for him.
    Romero is a very good back up keeper, but probably good enough to be first choice elsewhere - I wouldn’t be surprised to see him head off somewhere.

Based on that, you could easily see United need to sign a backup keeper and maybe promote O’Hara to third choice for next season?

Cheeky one… Cech?

Henderson is out on loan in the lower leagues and doing very well. I would put him ahead of O Hara if he comes back.

Bangkok no one said about his poor season most are talking about his individual performances and analysing how it looks for the whole team.

Up until Christmas if you ever noticed my posts about pogba i always support him and thought he was the man that made us tick and I still think that but I can also sit back and say what the fuk is going on when I see him strolling around the pitch not interested.

Its a simple thing that when pogba plays well United play well it was similar at the first half of season when he was out injured the team went through the motions and when he came back the team did better.

fair enough, but he takes more flak that any other player. lads calling him an idiot and a waster and the likes on here not that long ago.

he didnt even start the game against sevilla and it was probably our worst performance of the season, where almost not one player looked arsed

yesterday is a good example of Pogba.

Capable of being brilliant - but his jog after eriksen for the first goal infuriated me. Not like he was trying to chase down Mane.

maybe he could not have caught him, but he could have put in more effort when he could see there was no left back covering there (WHERE THE F WAS YOUNG).

Also - am I wrong to wonder what Smalling was attempting to defend against on that goal - seemed to deliberately move away from covering Ali's run and I can't work out what he was trying to stop.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Henderson is out on loan in the lower leagues and doing very well. I would put him ahead of O Hara if he comes back.

Given age/profile I went for O'Hara as going back to the bench for the season (and maybe U23 games) for Henderson may not be the right move, while for O'Hara I think first team training and U23 could still be fine, for next season anyway.

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Still have Sam Johnstone who signed an extension in February/January to be used. I doubt Romero will move anyway. He was back up for two years before joining us and never had his Argentina spot in danger. He should be playing in the FA Cup final aswell

yesterday is a good example of Pogba.

Capable of being brilliant - but his jog after eriksen for the first goal infuriated me. Not like he was trying to chase down Mane.

maybe he could not have caught him, but he could have put in more effort when he could see there was no left back covering there (WHERE THE F WAS YOUNG).

Also - am I wrong to wonder what Smalling was attempting to defend against on that goal - seemed to deliberately move away from covering Ali's run and I can't work out what he was trying to stop.

you need to watch that again, pogba was in full sprint after erikson when the ball went over his head was never going to catch him....

ashley young was at full fault for the goal, he was the left back and was no where to be seen

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement