Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

Just seen that Ronaldo and Messi played against each other for the first time 10 years ago today.

vqci8Ai.jpg?1

10 years hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Anyone else listen to the Michael Owen interview on OTB tonight? It was a good listen, would recommend.

You got the cliff notes before i go get the podcast?

Not usually a fan of listening to him speak, especially if it's united related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Think I'm gonna boot up a game of championship manager and have Scholes, Keane, Beckham, giggs and Vernon feed ruud.

VW 1 wrote: »
    You got the cliff notes before i go get the podcast?

Not usually a fan of listening to him speak, especially if it's united related.

He doesn't grate on me as much as he does others, so maybe that's why I didn't think it was a bad listen. It could be like nails screeching on a blackboard to your ears though!

He went into detail on a few things that were interesting but none of it exactly new information - Like him joining United, very easy to look from the outside in and say "How could you do that? You're a Liverpool legend" but for him at that point in his career, he would have been a fool to turn it down.

Some points about fame in general and how it's hard to make a true friend when you become very famous. He has "one mate" apparently.

It was fine but if you're some who finds it particularly hard to listen to him, I'd probably skip it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

'Klopp: Strike twice like Fergie's Utd'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11344542

Klopp wants to be like fergies team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

After been away since Thursday in Albuferia so.... what did I miss?

MrMac84 wrote: »

Do you like pineapple on your pizza? Do you even like pizza?

How about steak?

Long story, never mind.

Good holidays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Had ye steak whilst there? What cut did you go for? How was it cooked? Did you order any sauces and sides with it and if so what ones??

Did ye have a sly late night pizza and if so had ye pineapple on it?

Answers to the above two very important issues will determine whether people on here like you...

In other news, Bangkok tried diverting us off topic by talking about football but (s)he totally failed in their attempt....

BTW look at you with your Albuferia... whats wrong with Villamoura these days!!! Hope it was a good one mate

I think I started the pineapple pizza talk before I went!

No steak, one breakfast and lots of alcohol. I’m hoping to hold something solid down today as I’ve only had 7 up last two days.

I think I started the pineapple pizza talk before I went!

No steak, one breakfast and lots of alcohol. I’m hoping to hold something solid down today as I’ve only had 7 up last two days.

Stag do or sickened by a pineapple pizza???

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Stag do or sickened by a pineapple pizza???

The former!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I missed the whole pineapple on pizza kerfuffle and just to chime in, if you put pineapple on a pizza
    giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, how's everyone dealing with tonight? Heavy drinking, pineapple and well done steak pizzas, or a large rock to hide under? :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So, how's everyone dealing with tonight? Heavy drinking, pineapple and well done steak pizzas, or a large rock to hide under? :P

Its Tuesday night mate.. is there something important on i don't know about??

Think I'm gonna have a salad tonight....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It actually should be a good game at this stage now may as well just have a look and hope the worst doesn't happen in may.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

051087624fa6d95698810fc44358db539ef044-wm.jpg?v=3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Avengers: Infinity War 'premier' in Cineworld.

I've already made the the decision to cut off 90% of the internet to avoid spoilers till I can get to it on Saturday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I've already made the the decision to cut off 90% of the internet to avoid spoilers till I can get to it on Saturday :(

He dies

astradave wrote: »
    He dies

3f4.gif

• Advertisement

Damn it y'all beat me to it cos that is my exact train of thought....

brinty wrote: »
    Damn it y'all beat me to it cos that is my exact train of thought....

tumblr_o8xu1tsKmc1rszoo3o2_r1_400.gif

I know its not the MCU Quicksilver but its Quicksilver all the same

pjohnson wrote: »
    tumblr_o8xu1tsKmc1rszoo3o2_r1_400.gif

I know its not the MCU Quicksilver but its Quicksilver all the same

Wheres Black Widow numpty....
    Quicksilver can dash on for all i care ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Wont watch a second of it, I think they will blow away Roma.

threein99 wrote: »
    Wont watch a second of it, I think they will blow away Roma.

At least watch until they score you never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

At least watch until they score you never know

I'm afraid I might lose control with their famous atmosphere.

That is gonna be tough.

I reckon you will get loads of spoilers from places that should know better.

Remember GamesRadar doing an article before Batman vs Superman "Why Batman breaks his golden rule in BvsS". Jerks.

Bet you will get loads of 'reactions' crap that doesn't quite say what the spoiler is, but gives away way too much anyway. "What is next for the remaining Avengers!?" or some crap like that.

That is gonna be tough.

Remember GamesRadar doing an article before Batman vs Superman "Why Batman breaks his golden rule in BvsS". Jerks.

Bet you will get loads of 'reactions' crap that doesn't quite say what the spoiler is, but gives away way too much anyway. "What is next for the remaining Avengers!?" or some crap like that.
    Theres been practically no actual leaks (bar a few minor on set filming bits which was mostly just "ohhh look its character x") which is amazing in this day and age. People will be dying to "break" the news. Some gob****és will probably go far as to "live-tweet" in the hopes of clickbait/infamy.

The Russos themselves have already told people to avoid social media if they wish to remain unspoiled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Resident Evil 7 and tea.

I think LFC will go through comfortably enough over the two legs anyway.

The dream situation is them getting Madrid in the final, Ronaldo diving in the 94th minute to win a penalty then converting it to win the cup with the last kick of the game.

That would be awesome.

However I reckon if they get past Roma they will win it.

• Advertisement

That is gonna be tough.

Yeah. I had Game of Thrones spoiled last year when some asshat went onto the United subreddit and started spamming topics with spoilers in the title :/

I'm hoping this thread will be a nice safe haven of sorts anyway :p Enjoy it tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Bringing back an old one here but remember during LVG reign a lot of talk was about possible transfer for De Vrij, well just noticed today his contract is up at end of the season.

I can't see us pursuing him, considering we have a lot of CBs and recently splashed cash on Lindelof but just hit knocked me down memory lane seeing him linked to teams.

Despite him doing well with Lazio I think the links with City and Barcelona are just clickbait, can see him staying in Italy and moving to another club there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Apparently test audiences lost their minds when Dr Who swooped in to save Harry Potter from Darth Vader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Watch until Salah scores. Clench teeth in anger and turn it off.

Why lie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I mean this in the nicest possible way. You bastard. :)

paulbok wrote: »
    Apparently test audiences lost their minds when Dr Who swooped in to save Harry Potter from Darth Vader

You forgot the bit where Chuck Norris kicked Thanos so hard in the nuts that he flew through the sun.

Anyhow. Forza Roma!!!

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/988765556210847744

Michael Oliver to ref the FA Cup final..
    Great,just great.

mrw-i-wake-up-to-a-bunch-of-stories-about-a-th-grader-who-brought-a-homemade-clock-to-school-an-bomb-181234.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Great,just great.

Only gigs available for English refs this summer. PPs must be lining up some "referee specials".
    and there's VAR!

Great,just great.

Interesting fact, at least in my eyes.

Oliver has only ref'd us twice in the FA Cup. Both times we've seen a player sent off.

Let's see if he keeps the record on! (Ander again?)

Arsenal game this weekend should be a straight forward victory. They will have their eyes on athletico

• Advertisement

Great,just great.

Meh, hes probably the best ref in england

More facts (I love em)

The previous 4 seasons has seen us finish:
    64 points
    70 points
    66 points
    69 points

So 3 out of the 4 seasons we failed to break 70 points. The last time we did that was 1990/1991

We are currently on 74 points. If we manage to break 80 points (which is to be expected) it will be the first time since 2012/2013 (Fergie's last season) since we have. The last time in Fergies reign that we failed to reached less than 80 points was 2004/2005.

Despite City running away with it and my concerns and questions about José at times there is clear reason to be happy with how this season has played out. Obviously reasons for disappointment and frustration but overall positive progress.

I don't pay much attention to refs, unless it is Martin Atkinson who's rubbish or corrupt performances have cost us more than once vs Chelsea specifically.

Is there actually a ref who could be named, that people would not moan about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    Arsenal game this weekend should be a straight forward victory. They will have their eyes on athletico

Why would you even think this like.

Do you think he will take his eye off a game that will probably be his final game against his most hated club managed by his most hated manager?

The players are all fired up to give him a big send off they will want to win it. Yes they might rest a few players but they will still be dangerous when you see westbroms and the likes taking points off top teams well then why should it be a walk in the park versus arsenal minus one or two first teamers.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Why would you even think this like.

Do you think he will take his eye off a game that will probably be his final game against his most hated club managed by his most hated manager?

The players are all fired up to give him a big send off they will want to win it. Yes they might rest a few players but they will still be dangerous when you see westbroms and the likes taking points off top teams well then why should it be a walk in the park versus arsenal minus one or two first teamers.

Because top 4 is gone for them. All their effort will be on europa league just like us last season.

Also wenger has huge respect for man utd. We are far from his most hated club

I don't pay much attention to refs, unless it is Martin Atkinson who's rubbish or corrupt performances have cost us more than once vs Chelsea specifically.

Is there actually a ref who could be named, that people would not moan about?

Pierluigi Collina

astradave wrote: »
    Peirluigi Collina

Too old :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I really hope Roma win. Any excuse to wear the Roma jersey at work tomorrow and wind up a load of little Liverpool supporting children!

*evil laugh*

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I really hope Roma win. Any excuse to wear the Roma jersey at work tomorrow and wind up a load of little Liverpool supporting children!

*evil laugh*

Mars Bar you little terror

but i frikkin love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

bangkok wrote: »

Would be nice to add them to our recent top 6 scalp collection (I know we beat the earlier in the year), then add Chelsea again in May.

Hopefully the get a bad result on Thursday so have to rest players at the weekend.

Also would be nice to p1ss in Wenger cornflakes one last time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement