Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pool will hammer Roma tonight and the Klopp wankfest will continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I really hope Roma win. Any excuse to wear the Roma jersey at work tomorrow and wind up a load of little Liverpool supporting children!

*evil laugh*

I have just taken my 91/92 Roma jersey out of the wardrobe. It will be worn to the local tonight just to piss off a few lads.

G'wan Roma :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

Im on the spag ball tonight, Roma spaghetti and Roma sauce of course :) can't beat a bit of Roma :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

secman wrote: »
    Im on the spag ball tonight, Roma spaghetti and Roma sauce of course :) can't beat a bit of Roma :)

Hopefully your still saying that around 9:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hopefully your still saying that around 9:30

Hopefully on the vino by then....:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wish there was some transfer gossip. In terms of incomings, it's been very quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Adamocovic wrote: »
    More facts (I love em)

The previous 4 seasons has seen us finish:
    64 points
    70 points
    66 points
    69 points

So 3 out of the 4 seasons we failed to break 70 points. The last time we did that was 1990/1991

We are currently on 74 points. If we manage to break 80 points (which is to be expected) it will be the first time since 2012/2013 (Fergie's last season) since we have. The last time in Fergies reign that we failed to reach 80+ points was 2004/2005.

Despite City running away with it and my concerns and questions about José at times there is clear reason to be happy with how this season has played out. Obviously reasons for disappointment and frustration but overall positive progress.

Almost completely agree. :) The positive progress bit is still up in the air for me. It’s progress, but with a lot of negatives. Lets just call it progress.

I’m happy at the moment but this transfer window is huge for us to truly achieve positive progress. Delighted we might finish 2nd after a hard season but I am praying for an overhaul this Summer even though I know we won’t see one as it’s impossible to complete transfers even in a normal Summer, let alone a World Cup year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wish there was some transfer gossip. In terms of incomings, it's been very quiet.

It’s very quiet across the board tho. Few rumblings but nothing concrete anywhere. Whilst they are busy with the Wenger replacements then the papers won’t need to drum up story’s. Once his replacement has been announced then I imagine things will change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Woops I forgot to post this earlier, City “end interest”.. sounds familiar

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/988730006322012160?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Progress under Mourinho is good to see. This transfer window will be important but it was always going to be important. The surgery that was needed on the squad was always going to take time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Maybe Strootman will finally join this year :p

Was actually very impressed by Florenzi last round. Might not be suited to United due to not being uber athletic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

God I hope Madrid go for him in the summer he is too good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That spagethi would make you sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Hococop wrote: »

world class finishes, a bargain at 40m

Dont care what people said about our performance at Anfield at the start of the year, the way to beat Pool was laid out by Jose. Hang deep, hit them on the counter and set pieces.

Anyone who tries to play "good looking football" against Pool get slaughtered....

• Advertisement

Dont care what people said about our performance at Anfield at the start of the year, the way to beat Pool was laid out by Jose. Hang deep, hit them on the counter and set pieces.

Anyone who tries to play "good looking football" against Pool get slaughtered....

Tactics where right, players fecked it up.. couldn’t pass 5 yards away..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Ironic seeing them play long ball tonight, I thought they only played “the right way”.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I'd be more interested in trying to play an attacking game like liverpool rather then "hang back" football and let them do their thing. We did that at home to City too and it didn't work. Your letting you opponent dictate the game and express themselves while you rely on scraps and luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

bangkok wrote: »

Fawning over opposition players in your the thread of the team you support?

Paddlin_large.jpg?v=1493063560

Match thread
    > That way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Their elite players all go eventually (Torres, Mascherano, Suarez, Coutinho) but he won't be leaving this summer.

I don't think Madrid will even test the waters this summer.

• Advertisement

I'd be more interested in trying to play an attacking game like liverpool rather then "hang back" football and let them do their thing. We did that at home to City too and it didn't work. Your letting you opponent dictate the game and express themselves while you rely on scraps and luck.

Liverpool can’t “do there thing” when you set up correctly against them. They did sweet **** all against us in 2 games this season.

that liverpool team we played had gomez, matip, mignolet, moreno, lovern and can all playing, we should have gone for it more than we did

Never mind Madrid, I hope to fúck we do :D

But that would be the common thought wouldn't it - Non-English PL player kills it for a season, Barca or Real come knocking.

I really don't see it happening with Salah though, once Liverpool don't bundle out of the Top 4 between now and the end of the season of course. Those clubs could look to sign him him, but I'd bet money that he'll still be with Liverpool next season.

On another note...

Dzeko handed Liverpool the ball back for that first goal and didn't even try to chase his error. His attitude out there makes some of the current weaker United characters look like Robson and Keano.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Fawning over opposition players in your the thread of the team you support?

Paddlin_large.jpg?v=1493063560

Match thread
    > That way.

what about the 3 posts before my one???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

that liverpool team we played had gomez, matip, mignolet, moreno, lovern and can all playing, we should have gone for it more than we did

And they had Firmino, Salah and Mane who did the square root of **** all against us twice this season.

Look at what happened City who tried to attack Liverpool. Look what’s happening to Roma.

what about the 3 posts before my one???

You do it on the god damn regular/every chance that presents itself and you don't do it subtly either.

Whereas other do do it subtly....

Also there was only one post before yours, and that was Hococop hoping Madrid go for him in the summer..

You do it on the god damn regular/every chance that presents itself and you don't do it subtly either.

Ah steady on, there was no subtly about it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

But they are pretty in their slaughter.

Also there was only one post before yours, and that was Hococop hoping Madrid go for him in the summer..

who cares!!!

they were world class finishes, big deal, if ya cant appreciate them goals from a world class player then what can you

astradave wrote: »
    Ah steady on, there was no subtly about it..

He took the battering ram to the castle wall approach..

• Advertisement

who cares!!!

they were world class finishes, big deal, if ya cant appreciate them goals from a world class player then what can you

Complain about Jose/United is the usual alternative?

who cares!!!

I can appreciate them without coming here to post about it, and I can also appreciate a world class player without posting about it, it's called silent admiration, you should try it sometime :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Salah having a season like this is completely unprecedented. Its incredible really. He will be a candidate for world player of the year if he carries this Liverpool team to the champions league title. Credit has to go to Klopp for playing a style of attacking football that allows Salah to flourish but the season he is having is Ronaldo or Messi esque.

As far as I am aware he has either scored or been heavily involved in over 50% of all of Liverpool's goals this season.

He will probably leave Liverpool in the summer because one of the big teams will likely offer world record breaking money for him, triple his wages and neither Liverpool FC nor Salah will be able to turn it down.

Let's just hope to fcuk we can win the FA cup or the season ending will taste very very bitter. Beating Conte to the cup and winning the 2nd place trophy :pac: would be a nice way to finish the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Nope that was just another awful team performance the tactics were appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

yabadabado wrote: »
    I have just taken my 91/92 Roma jersey out of the wardrobe. It will be worn to the local tonight just to piss off a few lads.

G'wan Roma :D

And how’s that working out for ya?

Quandary wrote: »
    Salah having a season like this is completely unprecedented. Its incredible really. He will be a candidate for world player of the year if he carries this Liverpool team to the champions league title. Credit has to go to Klopp for playing a style of attacking football that allows Salah to flourish but the season he is having is Ronaldo or Messi esque.

As far as I am aware he has either scored or been heavily involved in over 50% of all of Liverpool's goals this season.

He will probably leave Liverpool in the summer because one of the big teams will likely offer world record breaking money for him, triple his wages and neither Liverpool FC nor Salah will be able to turn it down.

Let's just hope to fcuk we can win the FA cup or the season ending will taste very very bitter. Beating Conte to the cup and winning the 2nd place trophy :pac: would be a nice way to finish the season.

no reason to sell him, no reason for him to leave, but we should have signed him in the summer :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Coming in already now that's pretty sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Roma setting themselves up for another comeback be grand! Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Son0vagun wrote: »
    And how’s that working out for ya?

I’d say he’s stuck in the toilet window.

• Advertisement

You've got to know when to play attacking football and when to be more aware of your opponents strengths and adjust.

I wish we'd be more attack minded in games against significantly weaker teams. But teams that go to Anfield and have their back line on the halfway line are, time and time again, murdered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Roma lost 7-1 to us and Bayern this could be worse we need the officer barbrady there's nothing to see gif stat. Time to watch westworld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

no reason to sell him, no reason for him to leave, but we should have signed him in the summer :o

So Jose could have played him as a wing back?

BenEadir wrote: »

Top quality bantz

Edit: just noticed someones sarcasm detector is wonky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

You've got to know when to play attacking football and when to be more aware of your opponents strengths and adjust.

I wish we'd be more attack minded in games against significantly weaker teams. But teams that go to Anfield and have their back line on the halfway line are, time and time again, murdered.

You can play attacking football and have your back line deeper than the half way line. It's not one extreme or the other, as many here like to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Liverpool playing in a CL semi-final and some of their fans still coming into the United thread. Says it all really.

• Advertisement

No we really shouldn't have.

Well and good if it was a cup final or a knock-out stage in the CL, but for the sake of an extra 2 points at Anfield which would make zero difference to where we are now, it's largely irrelevant.

For anyone who keeps banging that Anfield drum, go and watch extended highlights or the full game again. Our players were absolute gack that day with unforced errors all over the place. Looking at that, it's hard to know what exactly Jose's plan was.

For example, Ander Herrera. I've been singing his praises enough the past few days, but that Liverpool game was arguably his worst in the United shirt. The game was a summation of his early season tragic form. Not just Herrera, many of our players let the manager down that day.

Forget Anfield, I really wish we took it to Sevilla in that second leg at Old Trafford.

And also, as Jose said himself in the last few days*, it's the results against Huddersfield, Newcastle and West Brom which have hurt our season.

Risking it all for an extra 2 points at Anfield, where we could have ended up with 0 as easily as 3, is very small potatoes in terms of how our season has gone. If anything, the fact that those space-jammed United players got a point from Anfield that day is more on Liverpool's manager and players than United's.

We've beaten Liverpool and Chelsea at home plus City and Spurs away in the last 6 weeks, I wouldn't dwell too much on that draw in Anfield last October.

* “We should have probably eight, nine, 10 more points than we have,” he said. “I think we could have finished this season with 88, 89, 90 points but not acceptable the last defeat [against West Brom], not ­acceptable the performance at Huddersfield [a 2-1 defeat in October], not acceptable the performance at Newcastle."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gonna be a long month in here.

Long eternity if they win the cùnting thing.

Liverpool playing in a CL semi-final and some of their fans still coming into the United thread. Says it all really.

I said before, its like the little kid trying to get mammy's attention "look what I can do"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

5-0 up, tie over.

Won't hold my breath until one of you boyz have the opportunity to do the same :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

BenEadir wrote: »

so-it-begins-28763841.png

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement