Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

No we really shouldn't have.

Well and good if it was a cup final or a knock-out stage in the CL, but for the sake of an extra 2 points at Anfield which would make zero difference to where we are now, it's largely irrelevant.

For anyone who keeps banging that Anfield drum, go and watch extended highlights or the full game again. Our players were absolute gack that day with unforced errors all over the place. Looking at that, it's hard to know what exactly Jose's plan was.

For example, Ander Herrera. I've been singing his praises enough the past few days, but that Liverpool game was arguably his worst in the United shirt. The game was a summation of his early season tragic form. Not just Herrera, many of our players let the manager down that day.

Forget Anfield, I really wish we took it to Sevilla in that second leg at Old Trafford.

And also, as Jose said himself in the last few days*, it's the results against Huddersfield, Newcastle and West Brom which have hurt our season.

Risking it all for an extra 2 points at Anfield, where we could have ended up with 0 as easily as 3, is very small potatoes in terms of how our season has gone. If anything, the fact that those space-jammed United players got a point from Anfield that day is more on Liverpool's manager and players than United's.

We've beaten Liverpool and Chelsea at home plus City and Spurs away in the last 6 weeks, I wouldn't dwell too much on that draw in Anfield last October.

* “We should have probably eight, nine, 10 more points than we have,” he said. “I think we could have finished this season with 88, 89, 90 points but not acceptable the last defeat [against West Brom], not ­acceptable the performance at Huddersfield [a 2-1 defeat in October], not acceptable the performance at Newcastle."

Liverpool weren't in great form and were leaking goals coming into that game. In contrast we were red hot. We definitely should have gone at them more than we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

J. Marston wrote: »
    Gonna be a long month in here.

Long eternity if they win the cùnting thing.

Final to come yet against a much better team if they win it they will deserve it but **** it I couldn't care less. Way I look at it if there good enough fair play it's there followers and ex players who irritate me.

One way or another it's nothing to do with United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

BenEadir wrote: »
    5-0 up, tie over.

Won't hold my breath until one of you boyz have the opportunity to do the same :-)

I post quite frequently there actually, probably more than you ;) and wouldn’t change that just because ye won a game or a trophy or what not. Go enjoy the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

BenEadir wrote:
    Won't hold my breath until one of you boyz have the opportunity to do the same :-)

How noble. Go and enjoy the game ye eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I really hope Roma win. Any excuse to wear the Roma jersey at work tomorrow and wind up a load of little Liverpool supporting children!

*evil laugh*

you jinxed it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Liverpool playing in a CL semi-final and some of their fans still coming into the United thread. Says it all really.

Hello is it me your looking for.

Final to come yet against a much better team if they win it they will deserve it but **** it I couldn't care less. Way I look at it if there good enough fair play it's there followers and ex players who irritate me.

One way or another it's nothing to do with United.

This..

Who cares if the do it or not, it will have no effect whatsoever on United. Except for maybe a few of our own fans beating on about them, but hey, what’s new there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone else like their steak medium to well done? I like a little bit oozing from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

astradave wrote: »
    This..

Who cares if the do it or not, it will have no effect whatsoever on United. Except for maybe a few of our own fans beating on about them, but hey, what’s new there

Even when they loose they are still "class" in defeat, not like our "awful" wins.

This..

the utd fans care, i would hate them to win it as would every other united supporter. of course it doesnt effect the club but they would probably prefer they didnt win it

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote:
    Anyone else like their steak medium to well done? I like a little bit losing from it.

Medium well and pepper sauce mmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

Spag ball is seriously over rated.... :(:(

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Medium well and pepper sauce mmmmmm.

Stop killing your steak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Stop killing your steak!

I find they taste better killed. Chasing it around the field with the cutlery is hard work.

astradave wrote:
    Stop killing your steak!

Booooooooo

BenEadir wrote:

Where'd he go :pac:

Booooooooo

Medium rare and let it rest so the juices come out and hey presto a lovely sauce for on top :D

astradave wrote:
    Medium rare and let it rest so the juices come out and hey presto a lovely sauce for on top

I like it crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

5-0 up tie over

You should have kept watching. It’s never over till it’s over.

• Advertisement

I like it crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside ;)

At least you don’t like it burnt with ketchup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Keep the clowns quiet for a week or so anyway.

Good things happen when we talk about food lads.

2nd goal makes it interesting, would love to see roma score 3 next game

Liverpool weren't in great form and were leaking goals coming into that game. In contrast we were red hot. We definitely should have gone at them more than we did.

You're totally ignoring my point that the players couldn't get their shít together in the game to 'go at them', couldn't even get a counter going as they passed any intercepted balls over the touchline or straight back to a Liverpool player.

Also, there was a two week international break going into that game. So it's not as simple as 'we were red hot coming into that game'. We lost a match one week later against Huddersfield, that international break clearly disrupted that 'red hot' form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Where'd he go :pac:

Went for a slash.

Did I miss anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Your an absolute monster if you eat steak that way :(

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    2nd goal makes it interesting, would love to see roma score 3 next game

That won't be enough, Liverpool will love the fact Roma have to chase the game just like your PL winning neighbours had to and got spanked home and away.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Your an absolute monster if you eat steak that way :(

Shots fired against Lord TSC, I repeat shots fired :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »

He needs to be shot for destroying steak :pac:

That won't be enough, Liverpool will love the fact Roma have to chase the game just like your PL winning neighbours had to and got spanked home and away.

seemed to work against barca, its not over yet although i do think liverpool will score 1..salah is in some form

Only sauce that should be on steak is Pepper sauce..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

bangkok wrote: »
    seemed to work against barca, its not over yet although i do think liverpool will score 1..salah is in some form

Barca don't play like Liverpool though. Barca don't quickly transition in to attack. They patiently pick away at their opponents until they find a gap. Liverpool are the ultimate transition team. They rely on hitting teams quick when they turn over the ball.

Only sauce that should be on steak is Pepper sauce..

Pepper would be my choice but usually just have it medium rare and use the juices as sauce :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

trumpwasphone-2MB.gif

Pepper would be my choice but usually just have it medium rare and use the juices as sauce :)

As steak should be if pepper sauce isn't available. Now as for cooking steak? Grill/Oven or Pan cooked?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    trumpwasphone-2MB.gif

You picked a great hill to die on when you made that revelation :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »
    trumpwasphone-2MB.gif

Eating burnt steak is as idiotic as voting for Trump :pac:

As steak should be if pepper sauce isn't available. Now as for cooking steak? Grill/Oven or Pan cooked?

Who the hell cooks steak in the oven? Maybe if I want to smash your windows in I'll chuck it in the oven and dry it out :pac:

I've a griddle that goes over the hob. Ground sea salt and black pepper sprinkled on the steak and a tiny amount of coconut oil on the griddle.

Who the hell cooks steak in the oven? Maybe if I want to smash your windows in I'll chuck it in the oven and dry it out :pac:

I've a griddle that goes over the hob. Ground sea salt and black pepper sprinkled on the steak and a tiny amount of coconut oil on the griddle.

I've seen people cook it in an oven, such people do exist.. As for the ground sea salt & black pepper and a tiny amount of coconut oil, I'm nicking that for future steak cooking....

BenEadir wrote:
    Did I miss anything?

Steaks have been raised ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

You're totally ignoring my point that the players couldn't get their shít together in the game to 'go at them', couldn't even get a counter going as they passed any intercepted balls over the touchline or straight back to a Liverpool player.

Also, there was a two week international break going into that game. So it's not as simple as 'we were red hot coming into that game'. We lost a match one week later against Huddersfield, that international break clearly disrupted that 'red hot' form.

However bad the players were on the day, I think starting Ashley Young on the left wing pretty much summed up the intention of the manager going into that game and set the tone for how we were going to play.

• Advertisement

I've seen people cook it in an oven, such people do exist.. As for the ground sea salt & black pepper and a tiny amount of coconut oil, I'm nicking that for future steak cooking....

Come back to me and let me know what you think. You won't be disappointed !!

Steaks have been raised ;)

Boom boom :-)

sous vide :p and a cooking blow torch

Come back to me and let me know what you think. You won't be disappointed !!

Will definitely let ya know..

sous vide :p

Used to have one but got very little use so sold it. Was class for steak though!

As for the oven I know a lot of people who finish it in the oven on the pan it was started on.

One or two the chefs I used work with swore by it once it was done the right way and didn't over do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Eating burnt steak is as idiotic as voting for Trump :pac:

said I'd Google what type of steak Trump eats "well done with ketchup".........

LORD TSC IS TRUMP!!!!!!!!!

First burnt steak with ketchup, then ruining a steak by cooking it in the oven to dry it out and take all the flavour from it! Ugh this thread grinds my gears :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

First burnt steak with ketchup, then ruining a steak by cooking it in the oven to dry it out and take all the flavour from it! Ugh this thread grinds my gears :D

Squeeze some pineapple on it

Have a read threw this link.

https://cheftalk.com/threads/finishing-a-steak-in-oven.41684/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I ask for my steak burnt.

General rule for me is if your food is still bleeding then it ain't cooked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement