Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Great to see Salford getting another promotion.

and John Terry continuing to pick up trophies.

449489.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, at least knowing four points from four games garuntees a finish above Pool in the table can act as a pick me up :P

Also just noticed, a win tomorrow means we are guaranteed a top 4 finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That’s another big result for us today.
    I really think finishing second rather than third or fourth will be a huge boost to the club and a much bigger step. I think psychologically it would be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Lads yee may think I’m mad but I’ve been watching a lot of middlesboro the last 2 months and Adama Traroe would be a really major upgrade on what we have. Could that could be got, on the current market, for peanuts. Would be worth a punt, remember he caused us serious problems in an away game when boro were last up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

rekluse wrote: »
    Lads yee may think I’m mad but I’ve been watching a lot of middlesboro the last 2 months and Adama Traroe would be a really major upgrade that could be got, on the current market, for peanuts.

Did you put this in the wrong thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Also just noticed, a win tomorrow means we are guaranteed a top 4 finish.

Currently I would think we need to finish top 3. Results over the remainder of the season could see only the top 3 league places get a CL spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

pjohnson wrote: »
    Did you put this in the wrong thread?

Nope he is serious talent , if boro don’t get promoted ( which I think they will because largely to him) , he will be snapped up by a mid level PL club and then move to a top six team within a couple of years. Buying big names hasn’t really worked out for us so why not take a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Currently I would think we need to finish top 3. Results over the remainder of the season could see only the top 3 league places get a CL spot.

I was thinking of this and it’s highly unlikely.

You need arsenal and Liverpool to win in Europe and for Liverpool to fall out of top 4. Even at that it would most likely be Chelsea or spurs who would miss out.

As ridiculously unlikely it is to happen It would be such a spurs thing to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

2 wins from 4 will guarantee top 3 be nice to win all 4 games that's left and lift the cup as well. Finish the season on a high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

5 points to guarantee 2nd place out of the remaining 12 points available so two wins or one win and two draws. The relegation battle is much more open and will hopefully go down to the wire but the battle for 3rd and 4th place should be interesting too let's hope we are not drawn into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Not sure if posted already but Happy 30th Birthday Juan Mata.

adox wrote: »
    That’s another big result for us today.
    I really think finishing second rather than third or fourth will be a huge boost to the club and a much bigger step. I think psychologically it would be huge.

After years of struggling to fight for a top four finish, and failing a few times, it's a big step to go second near the start of the year and basically hold it all the way to the end.

Not perfect, but a massive step towards where we want to be.

It will sadly be ignored, though, if Pool win the CL after City ran away with the league....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

In Ronaldo we trust if Roma don't pull off another shock result Real and Ronaldo will most likely be waiting and I can see him becoming the greatest United legend ever if Real win the Champions League this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

After years of struggling to fight for a top four finish, and failing a few times, it's a big step to go second near the start of the year and basically hold it all the way to the end.

Not perfect, but a massive step towards where we want to be.

It will sadly be ignored, though, if Pool win the CL after City ran away with the league....

**** the pundits and anyone who chooses to ignore it, it'll matter a lot to us lads that support united, and we are making big strides in the right direction

• Advertisement

Mustafi, Koscielny, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil and Lacazette

All stayed at home and didn't travel with the Arsenal squad today. Seems they plan on playing a few kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

paulbok wrote: »
    Very quiet in here considering they had a game today. Usually swamped with them

Did you not know that today is the 28th anniversary since they last won the league? They were all busy marking the occasion.

Speaking of our Pool breatheren, just saw this on Reddit.

If Tottenham win their games in hand over Liverpool Spurs will be 3rd by 2 points meaning Liverpool drop to 4th.

Liverpool are playing Chelsea next weekend and if they lose, they will be 3 points behind Liverpool with a game in hand.

This all means, If Liverpool lose to Chelsea next week, and then Chelsea beat Huddersfield, they will most likely be on the same points going into the last game of the season.

In other words, Pool potentially have the possibility of missing Champions League football altogether still. I know which timeline I now am hoping for :P

Seen it earlier it's a shame Jose broke conte so much a few more points for Chelsea and it had a real chance of happening

Speaking of our Pool breatheren, just saw this on Reddit.

If Tottenham win their games in hand over Liverpool Spurs will be 3rd by 2 points meaning Liverpool drop to 4th.

Liverpool are playing Chelsea next weekend and if they lose, they will be 3 points behind Liverpool with a game in hand.

This all means, If Liverpool lose to Chelsea next week, and then Chelsea beat Huddersfield, they will most likely be on the same points going into the last game of the season.

In other words, Pool potentially have the possibility of missing Champions League football altogether still. I know which timeline I now am hoping for :P

Thats way to much focus on Liverpool and lads in the other thread will lap that up if they see a utd fan supporting it. I cant stand Liverpool, i despise kloop as he gets away with murder, but the lads on the pitch are playing cracking football.
    They win they win, they dont then so be it. Focus on that fa cup win for us and challenging th3 title next season.

Not meant as a dig TSC as your a brilliant poster, just the liverpool facts can take a hike

• Advertisement

Rooney could be on his way out of Everton already.

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/990343594962767878

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

In Ronaldo we trust if Roma don't pull off another shock result Real and Ronaldo will most likely be waiting and I can see him becoming the greatest United legend ever if Real win the Champions League this time.

Says it all when Ronaldo becomes the greatest united legend by winning the champions league with real Madrid nine years after he left united, Harry Kane wouldn't even claim that one

Says it all when Ronaldo becomes the greatest united legend by winning the champions league with real Madrid nine years after he left united, Harry Kane wouldn't even claim that one

Well said, as a outstanding player he is, best in the world no doubt but,
    When he left united he stopped being a united player/legend.
    Porto wouldnt call him a legend for their club.
    No doubt the post was is good spirits but ronaldo is gone, as well with rooney who looks like he could be let go and has done much more for this club to be fair.

Dont want to derail this thread in this debacle of old players again.
    Quick question, who is the young lad that plays out on the left i think, big affro. Would love to see him loaned out for a bit as he looks top class

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

AidoEirE wrote: »
    No doubt the post was is good spirits but ronaldo is gone, as well with rooney who looks like he could be let go and has done much more for this club to be fair.

Quick question, who is the young lad that plays out on the left i think, big affro. Would love to see him loaned out for a bit as he looks top class

Ronaldo never played for Porto..

Sporting, my bad, had a mind fart
    If thats what you take from the post well then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

For our youth/reserves? Chong.

VW 1 wrote: »
    For our youth/reserves? Chong.

Thats the lad, he looks a seriously hot prospect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

But Ronaldo didn’t just pass by for a while at Utd before becoming a successful player. He signed as a teenager, won the league three times, the fa cup and the champions league at Utd. Was sold for a world record fee and went on to become one of the greatest players of all time, a path he was already arguably on at his time at Utd.

An undoubted Utd legend to this day and will be for years to come. How can anyone think he stopped being a legend when he left the club?

adox wrote: »
    But Ronaldo didn’t just pass by for a while at Utd before becoming a successful player. He signed as a teenager, won the league three times, the fa cup and the champions league at Utd. Was sold for a world record fee and went on to become one of the greatest players of all time, a path he was already arguably on at his time at Utd.

An undoubted Utd legend to this day and will be for years to come. How can anyone think he stopped being a legend when he left the club?

The guy is a legend in the game. Full stop.

He won it with a class team around him which is something we should not forget, that team was considered one of the best teams we've had.

Would have cantona, beckham, and rooney as bigger legends for ths club.

Thats not to take away from ronaldo as the guy is remarkable and played for us and left the right time
    He had rooney and tevez to play along side with who were sensational.

Orginal post was ronaldo will be the biggest legend for united even tho he crafted those 120 odd CL goala at madrid. We cant take to a much credit for that. Madrid can as they built a team around him.

Ronaldo playing for united was a god damn spectacle as he was insane, but we cant sat he's a legend for what he's done at other clubs

Dont think we'll see a player of his ilk for our lifetime to be honest

Did edit that post aa my spelling was all over the place. Apologiez

• Advertisement

[Sam Lee] Manchester United are in for Toby Alderweireld. (Lee's) guess is he would be a United player next season.

(He seems to be tier one for City news so might be getting his news that way)

Paris United are saying Jose was approached by PSG but he turned them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

When Gerrard left Liverpool for LA Galaxy did he stop becoming a Liverpool Player/Legend?

Terrry/Lampard at Chelsea etc

Does a player have to play their entire career at one club to be considered a legend now?

Ronaldo is a United legend in my eyes anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

My Dad saw the Busby Babes, Best, Charlton, et al, all in the flesh, and he now believes that Ronaldo is the best player to ever pull on the jersey.

It’s quite the transformation from those early years when I distinctly remember him shouting “you waster” at the tv!

Shame about Rooney, if he is to be let go from Everton! I’d say he will quit football if it happens.

The Star saying Blind will be sold for £10 million to get him off the wage bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The Star saying Blind will be sold for £10 million to get him off the wage bill.

He has a year left on his contract and is very much surplus to requirements so not surprised if he goes for 10m Hopefully United can get more for him along with the other players likely to be sold but its hard get a good deal when it's obvious they aren't wanted.

Slippy G will take Blind and Rooney to Rangers!

I'd be quite impressed to get 10 for Blind tbh.

Apparently this is the Arsenal squad for today.

Hector Bellerin
    Reiss Nelson
    Eddie Nketiah
    Jordi Osei-Tutu
    Danny Welbeck
    Petr Cech
    Calum Chambers
    Alex Iwobi
    Konstantinos Mavropanos
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan
    Joe Willock
    Granit Xhaka
    Sead Kolasinac
    David Ospina
    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
    Ainsley Maitland-Niles
    Rob Holding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Apparently this is the Arsenal squad for today.

Hector Bellerin
    Reiss Nelson
    Eddie Nketiah
    Jordi Osei-Tutu
    Danny Welbeck
    Petr Cech
    Calum Chambers
    Alex Iwobi
    Konstantinos Mavropanos
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan
    Joe Willock
    Granit Xhaka
    Sead Kolasinac
    David Ospina
    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
    Ainsley Maitland-Niles
    Rob Holding

Would prefer to be playing the real Arsenal that’s been sh*te all season :pac: These lads will have something to prove.

Would prefer to be playing the real Arsenal that’s been sh*te all season :pac: These lads will have something to prove.

It'll be typical of them to put in a performance when there's no pressure on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Cue Miki to set up Welbeck for a hattrick and this place melts down

Do we have any kind of clause to re-sign Zaha I wonder?

Do we have any kind of clause to re-sign Zaha I wonder?

I'd love him back.

10m for Blind, a player who has played less games than I have fingers on my hand, seems way too good to be true.

Was it Zaha we had a "50% of all profit" clause, actually?

• Advertisement

Wenger is on to a win win situation, lose and he didn't have a good few players available, win and he's brilliant

Was it Zaha we had a "50% of all profit" clause, actually?

So we'd be getting an exclusive discount on him then. Beautiful. Could be quite a nice acquisition. He has matured well and would probably want to prove himself with his second chance.

So we'd be getting an exclusive discount on him then. Beautiful. Could be quite a nice acquisition. He has matured well and would probably want to prove himself with his second chance.

Has Mourinho daughters?

Has Mourinho daughters?

Whats this?

Ah a daughter he can never meet. I see what you tried to imply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Zaha looks great on the ball etc, but I'd be very interested to see how he does in a bigger team. His goal and assist record isnt overly impressive for someone who has so much of palace's play go through him.

A player capable of brilliance no doubt, but if people thought Nani was frustrating at times for wasting chances, I reckon we'd be looking at very similar debates on Zaha.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement