Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

VW 1 wrote: »
    Zaha looks great on the ball etc, but I'd be very interested to see how he does in a bigger team. His goal and assist record isnt overly impressive for someone who has so much of palace's play go through him.

A player capable of brilliance no doubt, but if people thought Nani was frustrating at times for wasting chances, I reckon we'd be looking at very similar debates on Zaha.

The bar is so low for chances created on the right flank that frustration with be several rungs higher than we currently have....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Slippy G will take Blind and Rooney to Rangers!
    Rooney is a Celtic supporter has been seen at games.

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Rooney is a Celtic supporter has been seen at games.

He is also a close friend of Slippys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The bar is so low for chances created on the right flank that frustration with be several rungs higher than we currently have....

Between all the players used in the league on the RW I doubt there has been 5 goals scored and its not much better for assists.

I'd have my doubts that Zaha is good enough either but something needs to be done about the position for next season.

United need to add at least 15 goals to the side if there is going to be a proper title challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I really hope the Old Trafford crowd show some respect to Wenger and give him some sort of awknowledgement. His rivalry with SAF was prob the most enjoyable period of the clubs success for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Drumpot wrote: »
    I really hope the Old Trafford crowd show some respect to Wenger and give him some sort of awknowledgement. His rivalry with SAF was prob the most enjoyable period of the clubs success for me.

Im sure they will id say fergie will have a nice gift for him as well. United are usually good in that department

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anti-Pogba segment on Sky now is a bit weird. All talking like he's already gone in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anti-Pogba segment on Sky now is a bit weird. All talking like he's already gone in the summer.

The only team I can see being willing to splash the money on him would be PSG. Not a chance it will happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

bangkok wrote: »

Im sure they will id say fergie will have a nice gift for him as well. United are usually good in that department

Guard of honour over the top? Think it would be classy.

I highly doubt it... probably for his last home game at the emirates

• Advertisement

Ederson conceded so clean sheet for De Gea today gets him the golden gloves.

I’d love to see them go all out to be honest. We prob won’t see the likes of a SAF v Wenger rivalry for so long ever again.

In many regards Wengers 98 title winning squad pushed us onto the treble in 99.

Maybe have SAF on pitch before the game to give him a gift and a warm handshake. Football rivalry’s (look at poor Liverpool fan in intensive care) can be so toxic, so I would love to see clubs actively promoting respect and admiration for rivals. I see nothing bad with respecting Wenger our own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Db9PQDnWsAEz1Np.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Jaysus if we don't beat that Arsenal side....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Happy with that line up. Glad to see Lindelof start there is a really good player there imo but he needs to get to grips with Epl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Arsenal with 2 kids rest are senior players

Not a weak team!

Fiver on a Lukaku hat-trick after seeing Arsenal's centre-backs.

Watch us lose now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

This could be another 8-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Arsenal with 2 kids rest are senior players

Not a weak team!

Think it's 4 kids, the rest I recognize, but these 4, no bells being rung Mavropanos, Maitland-Niles, Iwobi, Nelson,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Could be a suprise in this yet, arsenals 11 vs atheltico werent great so these starting 11 might put a shift in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Think it's 4 kids, the rest I recognize, but these 4, no bells being rung Mavropanos, Maitland-Niles, Iwobi, Nelson,

Iwobi is in the team a few years now and niles is a first team regular this season at left back.

I don't think it will be walk in the park anyway it could as easily be a battling arsenal team again at a not so motivated United team.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Iwobi is in the team a few years now and niles is a first team regular this season at left back.

Monreal is the arsenal left back no?

Ah right fair enough.

• Advertisement

Monreal is the arsenal left back no?

He has 29 appearances this season most of them came as left back and left midfield.

Classy united as always

Ah look, thats nice. Wenger finally got a trophy.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ah look, thats nice. Wenger finally got a trophy.

?? He has won loads of trophys

I’d love to see them go all out to be honest. We prob won’t see the likes of a SAF v Wenger rivalry for so long ever again.

In many regards Wengers 98 title winning squad pushed us onto the treble in 99.

Maybe have SAF on pitch before the game to give him a gift and a warm handshake. Football rivalry’s (look at poor Liverpool fan in intensive care) can be so toxic, so I would love to see clubs actively promoting respect and admiration for rivals. I see nothing bad with respecting Wenger our own way.

Not often I get these things right!

Delighted the club made a bit of a fuss.

• Advertisement

Nice send-off for Wenger there. Great to see.

?? He has won loads of trophys

giphy.gif

:pac:

Booom

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Get in!!!

Delighted to see him keep the form up.

Unreal work from Pogba there.

Lukaku some man to cross a ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That'll do Pog that'll do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Good to see Sanchez celebrate that. Not a fan at all of seeing players with the fake not celebrating v a former team.

Maybe we can try him at the RW for a while :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Was actually saying this to a one of the lads, lukaku can whip in brilliant balls

Don't even think about it Mkhi.

Pogba doing the biz today great to see Sanchez up for it hope he gets a goal

Sanchez is just a pure workhorse love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I'll be astonished if Xhaka lasts 90 minutes. A very reckless player at times

Jaysus just seen Pallister and Robson in the stands. I remember Utd buying them as a young feller. I am old!!!

Dangerous giving them so much room on the ball we need another to stun them then five more to kill them Lingard is so good.

Lingard's passing, or lack thereof sometimes, in the final third is annoying me.

Valencia going in studs up isn't good to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lingard had been poor enough today

• Advertisement

Lukaku needs to wake up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement