Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Fellaini enjoyed that goal. Shame to see him leave. Curious as to where he'll go. Big pay day vs being first choice.

I can understand why he won't renew his contract and wants to move on.

At Everton he was the first name on the team-sheet by the time he left that club. He took his shot to replicate that at United and will leave with a Europa medal and a few domestic medals.

Despite going through phases under several different United managers where he was a regular in the team, he has more or less always been a squad player for us. Even when us fans praise him, more often than not it's with the caveat of 'I know he's not first team quality, but...'

Maybe he wants to get back to that regular football, being the important player in a team while he still has a few years left in his career. He could end up on far less money at a club with nowhere near the ambition or history of United, i.e. Besiktas, but it's likely by now that he just wants to play some regular football more than earn the best money possible.

Also, he's also spent a good 10 years living and working in England's charming but gloomy North-West. He posts some amount of sunny holiday pics during the Summertime. I wouldn't be surprised if a club like Besiktas would be far more attractive to him than we might give it credit for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Another poor performance, another lucky 3 points. Was the same crap nonchalant indecisive play we saw vs West Brom. The team just doesn't learn.

Really..... I for one enjoyed the finish to the match and granted not the best performance but definitely not the worst either. Am going to look at the positives. Really would love to see a bit of glass half full today instead of half empty

Haha, never mind my above post then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thats some change from Fellaini if true :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

irishchris wrote: »
    Really..... I for one enjoyed the finish to the match and granted not the best performance but definitely not the worst either. Am going to look at the positives. Really would love to see a bit of glass half full today instead of half empty

Go ahead.

My stance won't change though. If United continue to perform at those standards the league and CL will remain beyond the team. That type of performance saw us lose to Seville, drop points vs Southampton and West brom, etc. Its not good enough and needs to be addressed.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Delighted for the United fans who fúcked off early, yet again. I know today's second half wasn't great viewing, but it's not just today that Old Trafford started to clear out far too early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

jJJz6b9.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Go ahead.

My stance won't change though. If United continue to perform at those standards the league and CL will remain beyond the team. That type of performance saw us lose to Seville, drop points vs Southampton and West brom, etc. Its not good enough and needs to be addressed.

We have seen it too many times. It’s a major worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

• Advertisement

Imagine if we kept Fell and sold Pogba.

Bangkok would go full trench coat mafia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Imagine if we kept Fell and sold Pogba.

Bangkok would go full trench coat mafia.

Yes i would. It would be another season of **** if that happens. I doubt many utd fans would be happy either

• If we sell Pogba I'd be ****ing pissed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Wow, that would be great if we kept Fellaini, hopefully it comes to pass. What a great option to have in the squad as back-up or to come off the bench for a different option. Always tried and has shown great character to put up with the criticism from fans etc.

Plus other teams' fans mainly hate him :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Amazing how quiet the thread is immediately after we win against a long time rival

LeeJM wrote: »
    Amazing how quiet the thread is immediately after we win against a long time rival

It was a nothing game in the grand scheme of things so I guess that's the reason why.

Hopefully we win our last three games and finish on 86 points. That would set the minimum expectation for the league next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Combination of the lack of any real meaning to the game itself, the fact that Arsenal are at present no longer a direct rival and the fact that the style of play from Utd was yet again painful to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Can someone knock in and check on bangkok :pac:

Just got to the point in the match thread that Fellaini scores.. I'm a bit confused.. since when is a cross from the left flank a long ball?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Chelsea will win their game in hand. Then they’re 3 behind pool and they play them at the bridge.

With liverpool worrying about Roma and a potential date in the champions league final it’s highly plausible that chelsea could beat them at home and then they are level going into the last game of the season.

Imagine the implosion if they finish outside top 4 and lost in final of champions league

It would be spectacular!

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Just got to the point in the match thread that Fellaini scores.. I'm a bit confused.. since when is a cross from the left flank a long ball?:confused:

They've been long balls since lvgs time, buddy keep up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Which you presume I was listening too? :p

I honestly have lost so much time in Sky when its not GNev talking.

Bein Sports is great!

• jJJz6b9.png

I do my best :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So United are sh1te because our goalkeeper is world class have I got this right? Ha.

One interesting point brought up who will our player is the season be? Lukakau would be my bet,

Matic and DeGea next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

One interesting point brought up who will our player is the season be? Lukakau would be my bet,

Matic and DeGea next

All the way with McTominay!:p

Serious, Lingaard has to be in the frame doesn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It's Lukaku by a mile for me.

Thought lindeloff was very good today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bangkok wrote: »
    Thought lindeloff was very good today

He's come on alot compared how he started with us.

He's turning into a very good CB if he keeps developing, only 23 as well.

Been pretty happy with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Young got motm he has been an unsung hero this season with far more great performances than not so great he'll need replacing soon but to garner a recall to the England squad and keep a starting role in this team is impressive to say the least I hope he sticks around next season id put him on the corners rather than Sanchez too. Wonder how long before we know how bad Lukaku injury is.

Lindeloff is excellent at driving forward with the ball which means that the midfielders can stay higher up the pitch, he had a few misplaced passes but overall he was excellent.

Young got motm he has been an unsung hero this season with far more great performances than not so great he'll need replacing soon but to garner a recall to the England squad and keep a starting role in this team is impressive to say the least I hope he sticks around next season id put him on the corners rather than Sanchez too. Wonder how long before we know how bad Lukaku injury is.

Maitland niles won motm...

Lindeloff got voted united motm on social media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Headshot wrote: »
    He's come on alot compared how he started with us.

He's turning into a very good CB if he keeps developing, only 23 as well.

Been pretty happy with him.

It's taking him a while to settle into the league but a very good player there.I really like how he is willing to play out from the back most of our CBS won't.
    I wonder does Jose see him as first choice long term? Youngest CB we have at the moment so plenty of time to become a regular.

yabadabado wrote: »
    It's taking him a while to settle into the league but a very good player there.I really like how he is willing to play out from the back most of our CBS won't.
    I wonder does Jose see him as first choice long term? Youngest CB we have at the moment so plenty of time to become a regular.

Crazy that bailly is only 3 months older the him that's a great combination for the future.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Crazy that bailly is only 3 months older the him that's a great combination for the future.

If he could stay fit, seems to be constantly missing.

although he's been excellent when available.

• Advertisement

If he could stay fit, seems to be constantly missing.

although he's been excellent when available.

Curious as to why he hasn't been in defence lately he is fit and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Have we all recovered from the embarrassment? Last bit of redness is just leaving my face now.

bangkok wrote: »
    Maitland niles won motm...

Lindeloff got voted united motm on social media

BBC has Young as Motm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43854104

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just in from Infinity Wars.

The bit where Fellaini elbows Thanos is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Did you stay until the very end of the movie??

• Advertisement

Ah Sweet RABBIT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Did you stay until the very end of the movie??

I'm not a prawn sandwich fan who leaves early. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

A pattern seems to have developed where if we score first we seem to settle for that lead but if we concede early it sparks us into life. Was really looking forward to this game after the Spurs match last week but it was a fairly tepid game to watch.

Strange season where there is obvious improvement in terms of league position and of course the FA cup final but I'm feeling fairly underwhelmed if I'm honest. Maybe I need a chat with myself but it's just difficult to be positive the way we play these days.

I know people like Young and Valencia but both their final balls are atrocious. Proper full backs who can actually cross a ball is an absolute must. Another central midfielder is another must. Would like to see more of Gomes, Chong and TFM next season too. I know they're relatively young but going by reports they're doing well with the younger age groups.

People may like Young and Valencia but I think the majority feel both players need to be replaced in the starting eleven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Valencia driving towards the box from a right mid position became a particular annoyance.

STOP RUNNING INTO THE MIDDLE WHERE EVERYONE IS. STAY WIDE. STRETCH THEM FFS.

Valencia driving towards the box from a right mid position became a particular annoyance.

STOP RUNNING INTO THE MIDDLE WHERE EVERYONE IS. STAY WIDE. STRETCH THEM FFS.

People show him inside constantly as he has no left foot, under lvg he used just turn around and play it back to the cbs, so running into the middle is actually improvement I think :) just need our rcb to start making some overlapping runs now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

People may like Young and Valencia but I think the majority feel both players need to be replaced in the starting eleven.

They've done a decent job covering these positions until we can sign actual full backs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

• We pretty much always beat them at Old Trafford.
    • They had a second string team out. (Which we laboured to beat)
    • They haven't won away from in the league in 2018.

threein99 wrote: »
    • We pretty much always beat them at Old Trafford.
    • They had a second string team out. (Which we laboured to beat)
    • They haven't won away from in the league in 2018.

The list if excuse continues every time this team wins is amazing I've never seen the likes of it before and is the total opposite to other threads..

United can win trophies but they are the easiest years to win a trophy because all the teams are crap but other teams are called the greatest and in a better direction then us for just getting through rounds before they do anything of note.

Seen a stay pop up on Sky Sports during the match yesterday, absolutely unbelievable stat

United have led at half-time in 268 Premier League games at Old Trafford. They’ve won 253, drawn 15 and lost none.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement