Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bangkok wrote: »
    Hopefully its just carrick and fellaini replacements

Fellaini maybe, but neither are a passer to replace Carrick.

Fred would be a bit like Kante, Savic would be more of an attacking midfielder that would need to be played instead of Pogba, imo.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Noway savic would be the perfect type player to play In midfield beside matic and pogba id love us to sign him.

Is he not basically an attacking midfielder goalscorer - in the position Pogba would like to play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Is he not basically an attacking midfielder goalscorer - in the position Pogba would like to play?

No he is more of a box to box player he is great going forward but he is big and strong defensively as well he plays mostly central midfield for Lazio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hopefully Vanja can put in a good word for us :D

From the few occasions he was in Manchester anyway.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Hopefully Vanja can put in a good word for us :D

From the few occasions he was in Manchester anyway.

unfortunately he might have some good words to say about Turin, where he currently lives - with Juventus interested in signing Sergej.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He’s more an old school box to box player, has a bit of everything, has been pushed up to play as a 10 in the last few matches though..

Edit: really should read the next post before replying :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Can see United trying to do business with clubs that deals can be done with efficiently. So links to Fred or players from clubs like Seville or Benfica make sense.

Would be surprised to see United going to do deals with Spurs for example when deals would be slow. No time for messing this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Firminho has been very clearly better. Whatever about goals and assists, he is the fulcrum to which all the spark of Liverpools attacking play comes from. His movement, his technique, his finesse, his pressing and tracking, his running of the channels.

Lukaku for all his ability and talent, isn't in anyway shape or form sparking our attack or being a key part in it operation. And I don't blame him for that. And when you are talking about Football Writers, its very easy to understand why they would omit our players and pick others, and I totally agree with them.
    I get that and in a way I'm simply playing devils advocate.

I just find it interesting how Lukaku was probably not even in contention yet his stats infer that has had a bigger impact on the PL standings this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I get that and in a way I'm simply playing devils advocate.

I just find it interesting how Lukaku was probably not even in contention yet his stats infer that has had a bigger impact on the PL standings this season.

Firmino was the much better player over the course of the season and thats what the award is about. Jamie vardy even scored more than lukaku this season in a worse team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

He needs to increase his finesse stats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Champions league final could be a goal fest the way things are going!

Neither the sides that look like be in it can defend.

Champions league final could be a goal fest the way things are going!

Neither the sides that look like be in it can defend.

hope so, they have been great games to watch for the neutral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

hope so, they have been great games to watch for the neutral

You can’t be neutral watching Liverpool play when you support Man United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

MrMac84 wrote: »

This explains a lot.:pac:

MrMac84 wrote: »

i actually want them to get to the final as it will be funnier if they lose it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Went to see the Avengers, against my will. What a pile of ****é. It's actually worse than pineapple on a pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

i actually want them to get to the final as it will be funnier if they lose it

Anything can happen in a one off game like a final hence reason I'll be watching it from my underground bunker!!

Anything can happen in a one off game like a final hence reason I'll be watching it from my underground bunker!!

one word...

RONALDO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Went to see the Avengers, against my will. What a pile of ****é. It's actually worse than pineapple on a pizza.

Michaelangelo says Cowabunga dude I luv pineapple on my pizza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ElChe32 wrote: »

ImpureScaryHomalocephale-size_restricted.gif

How dare you compare the Avengers to the criminal behaviour that is pineapple on pizza..

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Steak for dinner tonight
    MS Brinty knows how to treat me....

Steak for dinner tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    Steak for dinner tonight

brinty wrote: »
    Steak for dinner tonight

Zerked yourself

jayo26 wrote: »
    Zerked yourself

So good he had to post it twice :pac::pac:

See ye all in 3 weeks or 3 months depending on results

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

http://www.shootjerseys.cc/thai-version/la-liga-spain/thai-version-real-madrid-17-18-home-soccer-jersey-53151.html

Lots of lads will need this link! I’ll be getting mine with Ronaldo 7 on it

Firmino was the much better player over the course of the season and thats what the award is about. Jamie vardy even scored more than lukaku this season in a worse team
    Vardy scored more than Firminho too so that point is irrelevant. Anyway, as I said I'm somewhat playing devil's advocate here.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

It will be truly shocking if Liverpool win the final and end up, despite our domestic dominance over the period, with the same number of Champions League titles as us.

FFS...you couldn’t make it up...Viva Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

We all do very much despise Liverpool as Utd fans on here,and vice versa. But you've got too hand it too Klopp. The mans a genius. He brought in a player in Salah,who he took a risk on,and has him playing on Messi and CR7 levels of unbelievable brilliance.

He's brought a team of Wijnaldum,Milner,Henderson and Lovren to a CL Final and has done so while,also losing one of his best players in mid season.He's deserving of all the praise him and his team will get. He's brought them back too the top table of European football.

It will be truly shocking if Liverpool win the final and end up, despite our domestic dominance over the period, with the same number of Champions League titles as us.

It really is a shame that we didn't win a few more during the 2000's.

It's also crazy to think that the two we did get under Fergie could have slipped through our fingers if it wasn't for some late and dramatic good fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Bret Hart wrote: »
    We all do very much despise Liverpool as Utd fans on here,and vice versa. But you've got too hand it too Klopp. The mans a genius. He brought in a player in Salah,who he took a risk on,and has him playing on Messi and CR7 levels of unbelievable brilliance.

He's brought a team of Wijnaldum,Milner,Henderson and Lovren to a CL Final and has done so while,also losing one of his best players in mid season.He's deserving of all the praise him and his team will get. He's brought them back too the top table of European football.

Id wait till the final, and their standing in the league table at the end of the season, as they can still go 5th (cant see it happen)

I cant stand klopp, whiney son of a bitch that gets away with acting the bollix on the touchline to much.
    But wont begrudge and fair dues to them, as much as us lot dont like them, they did what they had to do and are in the final of the best competition in football.

Dont think they'll win it with Reals depth in squad and having a weak side of defence with TAA and Lovren.

Everyone is crossing their fingers that Ronaldo delivers in the final but I'll be equally irritated if Zidane manages to win 3 CL titles in 2.5 years of managing at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Everyone is crossing their fingers that Ronaldo delivers in the final but I'll be equally irritated if Zidane manages to win 3 CL titles in 2.5 years of managing at this level.

Yeah but more irritated if liverpool win it. We'll sort out zidane next year in the semi's

If real win the 3 in a row and Ronaldo wins 3 in a row ballon dors, and 5 of the last 6, he will go down in history as the greatest player to play the game.

Viva Ronaldo is right

jayo26 wrote:
    Zerked yourself

Proud of that comparison
    Lithium93_ wrote:
    So good he had to post it twice

It was that damn good

If real win the 3 in a row and Ronaldo wins 3 in a row ballon dors, and 5 of the last 6, he will go down in history as the greatest player to play the game.

Viva Ronaldo is right

Along with messi, no matter what happens in the future, they are the 2 greatest players to ever play the game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Along with messi, no matter what happens in the future, they are the 2 greatest players to ever play the game
    The game has changed a lot, 30 years ago they would have been kicked into early retirement. I would still pay more money to watch peak Maradona than anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Wait, what. You mean to tell me Man U have 6 european cups. When did this happen ?

Awkward when you get it mixed, Liverpool have 5 CL wins, to United's 3..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Stats and soccer did not start in 1992

• Advertisement

Oh Andrew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

United have 2 Champions Leagues and Liverpool 1. I'd say that's what they meant. Yeah it's not how its done anyway :pac:

Edit: Never mind. The poster was clear in what they meant actually.

Oops I've reading difficulties:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

“Over the period” for those with reading difficulties.

Wait, what. You mean to tell me Man U have 6 european cups. When did this happen ?

I had to read it twice myself, but it's all there and he makes a very good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Quick Andrew, stick up a net spend graph to distract them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Or the alternative table, quick, someone get the alternative table!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

In the spirit of the off topic discussion about steak earlier I thought I'd chime in and say my personal favourite is to have a nice medium rare rib eye with a decent sprinkling of salt, not too much mind otherwise it'll cause problems for you ;)

About this much

177916Salt1525301999.gif

Nite all.

:p

In the spirit of the off topic discussion about steak earlier I thought I'd chime in and say my personal favourite is to have a nice medium rare rib eye with a decent sprinkling of salt, not too much mind otherwise it'll cause problems for you ;)

About this much

177916Salt1525301999.gif

Nite all.

:p

You’ll get one in the eye if you’re not careful....

• Advertisement

Stats and soccer did not start in 1992

No, but the CL in its modern format did, which is what the OP was talking about.
    The UEFA Champions League is an annual continental club football competition organised by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and contested by top-division European clubs. It is one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world and the most prestigious club competition in European football, played by the national league champions (and, for some nations, one or more runners-up) of the strongest UEFA national associations. The UEFA Champions League final is the most watched annual sporting event worldwide. The final of the 2012–13 tournament had the highest TV ratings to date, drawing 360 million television viewers.

Introduced in 1992, the competition replaced the European Champion Clubs' Cup, or simply European Cup, which had run since 1955, adding a group stage to the competition and allowing multiple entrants from certain countries.
    I think we all know that Andrew meant. His point doesn't even put down Liverpool, it's more a reflection on United's relatively poor European efforts while cleaning up on a domestic front during that period.

Yet here come a group of you in no time at all, not to reasonably debate a fair point, but to twist it into something to be jeered at.

If this is what the next few weeks are going to be like, mods can we nip such shíte in the bud please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement