Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Phil Jones with possibly the worst paper airplane I've ever seen! His face when he sees how far the others go is priceless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Phil Jones with possibly the worst paper airplane I've ever seen! His face when he sees how far the others go is priceless!

Fcuk sake Phil :pac:

449986.png

pjohnson wrote: »
    Fcuk sake Phil :pac:

Brilliant! Looks like he just realised how bad his was going to be! The pure shock of the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Carricks bemused “What’s that?” gets me there :pac:

astradave wrote: »

Tbf it is quite shocking how in 26 years Jones has clearly never saw a paper airplane before.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Tbf it is quite shocking how in 26 years Jones has clearly never saw a paper airplane before.

At least he didn't get paper cut that could rule him out for the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Memphis would clean up on the right of United's current attack imo. A really good crosser of the ball. Shame it likely won't happen for him at United as when he was in full flight you could see the potential he had. A Morata type deal would be more likely depending on the buy back option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

One of the guys I work with is a Liverpool fan so he put up a LFC squad poster in my line of vision. I made some alterations. He hasn't noticed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Valencia looks weirdly like Mourinho when he smiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Antonio is thinking "Qué están diciendo??"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Valencia's got past the table with ease, but then stopped, came backwards and went across to Phil.
    His second attempt went straight into the legs of the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ligue 1 is a step up from the Dutch league, which is good for him, but not anywhere near the bigger leagues. There are a handful of good teams in the league but there are some pretty poor teams underneath that.

I'd be very wary of Memphis and his ability to step up to a big club with expectations. His issues have always been confidence and of the mental variety, not the type of person to get us to take the next step.

Agree about Memphis but to broaden the point, i dont think we should be looking backwards at all in terms of squad building.

I squirmed when I read on here suggestions about bringing Evans back to the club and I`d feel the same about Memphis.

The club should be looking forward and signing new names and not re-visiting past signings and hoping they work out on a second visit.

adox wrote: »
    Agree about Memphis but to broaden the point, i dont think we should be looking backwards at all in terms of squad building.

I squirmed when I read on here suggestions about bringing Evans back to the club and I`d feel the same about Memphis.

The club should be looking forward and signing new names and not re-visiting past signings and hoping they work out on a second visit.

That wouldn't be like something we would do at all....

J6MNJIt.png

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

On Justin Kluivert I think a lot of the speculation comes from this at the Europa League final. Apparently if you want to believe the reports, Jose said one more season at Ajax and then you come to Manchester. That would have been this season.

Not sure I buy it tbh. Skip to about 18-19 seconds because the first part is just repeated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,387 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That wouldn't be like something we would do at all....

J6MNJIt.png

:pac:

look at that haristyle - now there is a guy serious about his football.

On Justin Kluivert I think a lot of the speculation comes from this at the Europa League final. Apparently if you want to believe the reports, Jose said one more season at Ajax and then you come to Manchester. That would have been this season.

Not sure I buy it tbh. Skip to about 18-19 seconds because the first part is just repeated.

Don't think he even played that game. I'm sure Jose knows of his talent and wanted to talk to him, and of course about his father but I doubt that was the conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I doubt that was the conversation as well. I mean it even sounds made up.

But something like that is enough for the papers to run transfer stories for the next 3/4 seasons :pac:

look at that haristyle - now there is a guy serious about his football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Any team news for tonight?

I'd like to see an experimental team, give a few of the perennial subs a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That'll be released an hour before kick off, I would imagine anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MEN saying we're starting with a front three of Rashford - Martial - Lingard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »

Excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »

I hope Matrial rips them apart! And that he smiles at least once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pogba united player of the month for April

Sanchez hasn’t travelled to Brighton.

adox wrote: »
    Sanchez hasn’t travelled to Brighton.

Chile didn’t make the World Cup...

Mata starts! No Jesse or Sanchez! Rojo and big Fell too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

• Advertisement

I had such high hopes for Darmian after his first few games. Now I just sigh when I see his name.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So everyone involved in that podcast is dropped.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Strong team given that Brighton are all but safe this season hope we decimate them 10-0

Beasty wrote: »

Which podcast is this? Anywhere I could source a transcript?

What podcast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think he means the video one of Jones and all doing the paper plane?

I'm surprised to see Fellaini in the squad tonight after the interview he gave outside the club this week...

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-transfer-news-marouane-fellaini-contract-latest-sport-interview-a8332826.html

It's nothing explosive, but clearly he opines that United were wrong and made a mistake by not offering him a new contract last season. Especially when he was playing so well. Now all the cards are in his hand and we'll see what happens.

Right, I know he's angling for the best new contract possible, but I disagree with the very direct method here. Especially during game-week. I can't help but feel that if one of the players the manager didn't trust gave this interview, it'd be straight to the 'man management chamber' with that player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

They've probably neither been murdered or gone into hiding.

I'm surprised to see Fellaini in the squad tonight after the interview he gave outside the club this week...

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-transfer-news-marouane-fellaini-contract-latest-sport-interview-a8332826.html

It's nothing explosive, but clearly he opines that United were wrong and made a mistake by not offering him a new contract last season. Especially when he was playing so well. Now all the cards are in his hand and we'll see what happens.

Right, I know he's angling for the best new contract possible, but I disagree with the very publicly direct method here. Especially during game-week. I can't help but feel that if one of the players the manager didn't trust gave this interview, it'd be straight to the 'man management chamber' with that player.

I think it's a sign that a contract has all but been agreed to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Right, I know he's angling for the best new contract possible, but I disagree with the very publicly direct method here. Especially during game-week. I can't help but feel that if one of the players the manager didn't trust gave this interview, it'd be straight to the 'man management chamber' with that player.

And maybe José is throwing him into the first XI with the train of thought possibly being "Go ahead and prove you deserve the new contract you're angling for"

• Advertisement

He shouldn’t have gave the interview the way he did but He’s not really wrong in fairness, if they gave him a new contract last year we wouldn’t have to splash out for a replacement this summer if he leaves. Even a replacement costs a tonne of money these days, and if he wanted to leave this year we could have got a few bob for him.. think it was poor planning by the club..

I'm not really care but you wonder what Shaw has to do to get a start :)

I'm not really care but you wonder what Shaw has to do to get a start :)

He’s on the bench which is an accomplishment for him. :pac:

I think it’s a pretty important game. I really want Utd to finish second and will be really disappointed if they don’t.

Jones deserves to be dropped for crimes against origami

Once he makes 100 planes, he gets back into consideration.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think it's a sign that a contract has all but been agreed to be honest.

Could be it alright.
    He shouldn’t have gave the interview the way he did but He’s not really wrong in fairness, if they gave him a new contract last year we wouldn’t have to splash out for a replacement this summer if he leaves. Even a replacement costs a tonne of money these days, and if he wanted to leave this year we could have got a few bob for him.. think it was poor planning by the club..

No, he's not wrong in what he says, I just disagree with him saying it publicly. It comes across a bit too gloaty. But hey, if he comes out of it still in Jose's good books and with a new contract, then it was a ballsy move.

He basically told Jose he was wrong during the week, publicly, and still got named in the team tonight.

I expect Fellaini to do a Vinny Mac strut out from the tunnel just before 8pm :pac:

So alexis has a knock.

So alexis has a knock.

He's in Knock, apparently.

Pogba and Herrera got to go to Euro Disney last week. Alexis is very religious and has been rewarded by the manager with a trip to Ireland's Catholic equivalent.

So alexis has a knock.

Where’d you hear that?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where’d you hear that?

Straight from the horses mouth

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/992475406325436417?s=21

He also said the three attacking players have freedom, so expect some interchanging

Noooooooooooooo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement