Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »
    Yep but your boy Pogba has been as guilty.

They all have. Its another game to add to the list of us being awful.

Not even 1 shot on target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lord TSC wrote: »
    This is showing why we can't trust Rashford as a first team player tbh. When the pundits are wondering why he isn't starting more often, that moment should be shown to them as an answer.

He got fast tracked extremely fast due to injuries. He has the talent and potential but still soo bloody raw at times.

I don't even know what subs I'd want, the bench is crap.

Herrera for fellaini and lingard for mata. Beyond that it's a bunch of defenders. Brill.

Luke shaw for a bit of an attack down the left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone from midfield onwards can have no complaints if they are subbed at half time.

I’d haul one of the midfield three off just to make a point.

It’s just simply not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭BenK

The type of performance United have put up all too regularly this season.

Lethargic, static and sloppy play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

C'mon ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is it a mental issue? It has to be. But how can the entire team have such a poor attitude though.

Rashford doesnt get a lot of frees he should its wierd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Throw out a handful of kids for the final two games. Only way to keep a passing interest in the games.

These guys aren't arsed and are playing at 40% to avoid injuries before the World Cup.

Anyone from midfield onwards can have no complaints if they are subbed at half time.

I’d haul one of the midfield three off just to make a point.

It’s just simply not acceptable.
    I'd put Lingard at 10 and hook Pogba/Fellaini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Fellaini spending too much time in our half Rashford trying to hard and doing nothing

bangkok wrote: »
    They all have. Its another game to add to the list of us being awful.

Not even 1 shot on target

Be nice if you actually criticized him though. Seems you can single out an individual but when it’s Pogba it’s the whole team that are playing badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

How is that a goal kick? The keeper impeded him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

To be fair to pogba he has played some poor passes but the players around him are not hungry enough to look for the ball off him. Pogba seems to be the only midfielder looking to create something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Is it a mental issue? It has to be. But how can the entire team have such a poor attitude though.

Probably a coaching/management issue.

• I agree, movement around him and in front is not good enough

Mata, Rashford and Martial have been awful

Mata shooting like that sums up the night so far

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Or the players just need to pull their heads out of their asses. Not everything can be pinned on José.

I really find it hard to believe Jose actually tells them to pass to the opposition.

• Advertisement

Be nice if you actually criticized him though. Seems you can single out an individual but when it’s Pogba it’s the whole team that are playing badly.

He has prob been our best outfield player as it stands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Marcus Rashford is like De Bryune, lukaku and salah at Chelsea under Jose.

Potentially great players not ready to lead the line for a club looking to Challange for the league.

It’s easy in hindsight to say Jose couldn’t get the best out of those players but the blunt truth is that very few players are good enough in their early 20s to start in a forward position at a top club.

I’d love to see Rasford go out on loan to an English mid table team or Italy for a season.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I really find it hard to believe Jose actually tells them to pass to the opposition.

Or coaches them to

That wouldn't be hard to be honest

• Probably a coaching/management issue.

Sack Jose so? Who comes in?

I've yet to ask some of you that question

Ah lads. That’s all Pogba is asked to do. Create. He’s somehow absolved from other aspects of the game. Now it’s the players faults for no mov8ng enough for him.

It’s not as if he’s been trying killer passes and them not coming off. He’s just been very sloppy/wasteful at basic passing(not the only one of course but if the three in midfield he’s the one you least expect it from)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Be nice if you didn't try to start a needless argument.

• adox wrote: »
    Ah lads. That’s all Pogba is asked to do. Create. He’s somehow absolved from other aspects of the game. Now it’s the players faults for no mov8ng enough for him.

It’s not as if he’s been trying killer passes and them not coming off. He’s just been very sloppy/wasteful at basic passing(not the only one of course but if the three in midfield he’s the one you least expect it from)

He's led the ball out of defence and shrugged off multiple midfielders on his own multiple times

I think some lads have a hard on for giving him ****

He's by far playing much better than any other player on the pitch at the moment

If he has, so what? Doesn’t address my point at all. He’s been ****.

jayo26 wrote: »
    That wouldn't be hard to be honest

No but at least he is trying. Working hard as well

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's led the ball out of defence and shrugged off multiple midfielders on his own multiple times

I think some lads have a hard on for giving him ****

He's by far playing much better than any other player on the pitch at the moment

And I think some of you lads are absolutely blind to him playing badly.

• Advertisement

I think Simeone is often suggested. Well known for his expansive pretty attacking style of course.

Altho I think Pochettino is the new flavour of the month nowadays.

Ah ffs!

Cool I’ll leave youse to it so.

Try to start a needless argument. Jaysus!

I never said he tells them to pass to the opposition and I never said he should be sacked.

Frustrating first half get it together and hit em hard and fast in second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Anyone fancy a game of "I spy"?

Pogba has been poor, but if he comes off before fellaini or mata it would be a disgrace.

Poor, but by no means the worst.

After that performance fellaini should have his contract offer taken off the table.

• adox wrote: »

I've already said the team as a whole have been awful

But I'm not going to single out Pogba everytime the rest of the team have been awful

Even just there he's trying at least to drive the team, it was a good run

He can be critized fine, but he's not the guilty party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I think Simeone is often suggested. Well known for his expansive pretty attacking style of course.

Altho I think Pochettino is the new flavour of the month nowadays.

Love Pochettino in charge at OT, just look at his pedigree, all the major trophies he's won....oh wait, he got Spurs to 4th :pac::pac:

Go way sure why bother posting lets all just agree with everything. How about ya stop moaning when your at it.

• I never said he tells them to pass to the opposition and I never said he should be sacked.

If your thought process is that it's poor coaching / management then surely you wouldn't want him in charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

End of season, nothing much to play for, fringe players starting... And it shows.
    Diabolical half of football.

Ah ffs!

Cool I’ll leave youse to it so.

Try to start a needless argument. Jaysus!

So I misread you harping on about Pogba to one poster, after they criticised fellaini fir trying to pass through a Brighton player and almost gave up a goal from it. Cause criticising Pogba at that second was needed.

You don't like bangkok and jump on him all the time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm never sure which is worse; a player having a visibly bad game, or players being utterly anonymous.

We have both happening tonight though. Pogba, Rashford and Fellaini are not preforming well, and making loads of big mistakes. But Martial and Mata are invisible on the pitch.

There's a grounp of bench players at the moment on the field, and to be blunt. They are proving Jose's opinions of them correct. None of them look good, none look like they are desperate to earn the first team spots. There's just some patethic indivudal preformances tonight.

No shots on target no shots off target?

Dont remember 1 shot in that half apart from rashford that defender headed out?

The usuals here do little else. Sure look at the replies to my post a few minutes ago.

That's not true to be fair we are all probably calling his performances ****e for past few months and he is bad again tonight but out of all the outfield players he is at least trying.

So I misread you harping on about Pogba to one poster, after they criticised fellaini fir trying to pass through a Brighton player and almost gave up a goal from it. Cause criticising Pogba at that second was needed.

You don't like bangkok and jump on him all the time.

Ah here we go back to #teambangkok again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

That was hard to watch for most the half.

Awful passing all over the pitch Pogba and De gea been our best players.

Missing Lukaku massively. Half thrm don't have clue what to do with it once get into forward positions.

Rashford been awful wtf was he doing not passing it to Martial to play him in on goal ffs.

If I could take off Rojo Fellaini Mata Rashford and Martial at this stage I would!!

• The usuals here do little else. Sure look at the replies to my post a few minutes ago.

I asked you a genuine question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

scudzilla wrote: »
    Love Pochettino in charge at OT, just look at his pedigree, all the major trophies he's won....oh wait, he got Spurs to 4th :pac::pac:

Whats mad is on paper the tottenham squad is probably better as a whole too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement