Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The usuals here do little else. Sure look at the replies to my post a few minutes ago.

You said it was a coaching issue but then bristled when asked what coach you would prefer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I really find it hard to believe Jose actually tells them to pass to the opposition.
    It might not be a managerial issue but it's certainly a collective issue. This isn't about individual players being off form or not good enough. The entire team are too casual, on different pages and unable to do the very basics.

Maybe it is the WC but I'm not so sure. Maybe it's the fact that this game is meaningless but that's a real disappointment and doesn't explain similar performances in big games this season. It's all a little worrying.

The good news is we have the quality to up the tempo a few gears and we could easily turn this into a positive result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    No shots on target no shots off target?

Dont remember 1 shot in that half apart from rashford that defender headed out?

Shocking bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

So I misread you harping on about Pogba to one poster, after they criticised fellaini fir trying to pass through a Brighton player and almost gave up a goal from it. Cause criticising Pogba at that second was needed.

You don't like bangkok and jump on him all the time.

I actually think because i defend pogba a good bit, people want to criticise him more ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jayo26 wrote: »
    Go way sure why bother posting lets all just agree with everything. How about ya stop moaning when your at it.

I'm not saying people need to agree

Are you saying that for someone to criticise fellaini for two painfully stupid passes they must criticise Pogba first, and if they don't this should be pointed out to them repeatedly?

Cause that's my problem. The criticism of fellaini was 100% justified and having a go at bangkok for doing so was childish and needless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Midfield is complete and utter ****e. Nobody in the team playing well yet even at that Fellaini, Matic, & PP are standing out with how crap they are.

And why in the name of Jaysus did we renew Rojo's contract??

This is his first appearance since that renewal right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

So I misread you harping on about Pogba to one poster, after they criticised fellaini fir trying to pass through a Brighton player and almost gave up a goal from it. Cause criticising Pogba at that second was needed.

Bollix Mitch.

Bangkok is a big boy and can stick up for himself on here and is well able to.

I don’t jump on him all the time. I just disagree with him on a lot of stuff like he does with me. And shock horror we actually agree on some stuff too and discuss it.

You carry on though policing the thread.

I’m out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

adox wrote: »
    Bollix Mitch.

Bangkok is a big boy and can stick up for himself on here and is well able to.

I don’t jump on him all the time. I just disagree with him on a lot of stuff like he does with me. And shock horror we actually agree on some stuff too and discuss it.

You carry on though policing the thread.

I’m out.
    Bollox adox.

We all read this thread and aiming to start an argument over Pogba after a sh1t pass from fellaini was needless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Can't really fault Pogba in that first half. He's trying constantly whole half dropping deep just to try get on the ball and always looking to bring things forward while so many others are knocking it sideways and backwards.

It's obvious without Lukaku to link up with he has no focal point.

I would rather let fellaini go in the summer and sign romeu as a cheap replacement. For a lad that went to the press during the week and talked badly of united that has been an awful performance from him esp when he looking for a new contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

If 90% of your posts is utter nonsense, it's going to be called out.

That's a lot of posts to be called out on. So it's easy to assume someone is not liked when in fact it's nothing to do with been liked or not, it just means your posting rubbish far too often.

• It's amazing what a poor 45 mins can do in this thread hahah

Have a can lads, relax. I expect a better performance in second half :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm not saying people need to agree

Are you saying that for someone to criticise fellaini for two painfully stupid passes they must criticise Pogba first, and if they don't this should be pointed out to them repeatedly?

Cause that's my problem. The criticism of fellaini was 100% justified and having a go at bangkok for doing so was childish and needless.

Mitch if you had a problem with me report me. I’m getting tired of you with your little digs.

Can't really fault Pogba in that first half. He's trying constantly whole half dropping deep just to try get on the ball and always looking to bring things forward while so many others are knocking it sideways and backwards.

It's obvious without Lukaku to link up with he has no focal point.

Ah you can fault him. There's been a lack of movement but his own passing has been sloppy and his defensive work poor, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I asked you a genuine question

I said nothing about sacking Mourinho in my post. I saw little need to respond to that question and go down the well trodden path of discussing potential replacements which will ultimately end up as a discussion about Pochetinno with the usual lazy posters claiming that because he hasn't won a trophy he isn't a good manager, or doesn't at least have the potential to be one.

Regarding your other post: I don't want him sacked. I would like to see him become a bit more flexible with his teams and tactics. I'd like to at least see some signs of some sort of attacking strategy in this team.

Bollox adox.

We all read this thread and aiming to start an argument over Pogba after a sh1t pass from fellaini was needless.

Fellaini didn't do the only sh1t pass in that half, Pogba also had sh1t passes or was there only one bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Wouldn't be surprised to see Herrera on at half time BTW, he was down the tunnel before Jose

limnam wrote: »

That's a lot of posts to be called out on. So it's easy to assume someone is not liked when in fact it's nothing to do with been liked or not, it just means your posting rubbish far too often.

90% rubbish?

Ah jaysus its not that bad

• Advertisement

I said nothing about sacking Mourinho in my post. I saw little need to respond to that question and go down the well trodden path of discussing potential replacements which will ultimately end up as a discussion about Pochetinno with the usual lazy posters claiming that because he hasn't won a trophy he isn't a good manager, or doesn't at least have the potential to be one.

Regarding your other post: I don't want him sacked. I would like to see him become a bit more flexible with his teams and tactics. I'd like to at least see some signs of some sort of attacking strategy in this team.

Yep. Everyone who disagree's is "lazy" poster

Fellaini didn't do the only sh1t pass in that half, Pogba also had sh1t passes or was there only one bad.

But he did the worst pass of the half that almost led to a goal

adox wrote: »
    Mitch if you had a problem with me report me. I’m getting tired of you with your little digs.

What imagined digs are you sh1ting on about?

Seriously, are you mixing me up with someone else? I barely quote anyone on this thread or comment on stuff that could be digged over and I certainly don't think I'd be aiming any at you.

I'd be far more likely to be having a shot dead donkey or bangkok cause I disagree with him 90% of the time.

Tired of my digs at you.... Wtf like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ah you can fault him. There's been a lack of movement but his own passing has been sloppy and his defensive work poor, as usual.

He's misplaced few passes but who hasn't in that first half? A lot the time he's on his own no one to give it to so he ends up having to force his way threw or play a much more difficult pass.

He hasn't been great but he's working hard and there's no lack of effort there he's actually trying to get us forward and do something.

• I said nothing about sacking Mourinho in my post. I saw little need to respond to that question and go down the well trodden path of discussing potential replacements which will ultimately end up as a discussion about Pochetinno with the usual lazy posters claiming that because he hasn't won a trophy he isn't a good manager, or doesn't at least have the potential to be one.

I do genuinly believe pottechino isn't good enough for the Utd job, it doesn't make it a lazy argument on my end because of this.

Again to be clear, was genuinely interested in your opinion.
    For me, He's yet to prove he has a winning mentality.
    His squad has been good enough to win a trophy for years now and has failed to do so.
    I don't want that risk at Utd, we have pricked around long enough since Fergie left. Football has changed.

limnam wrote: »

He has plenty of good posts that he regularly gets hounded for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I’m not looking forward to after the inevitable Brighton goal :pac:

Anywho..... Let's hope the next 45 is better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you love.

• Advertisement

Jaysus Jose must have houndedthem, look at the redness of his face :D

Its the name... might be better off changing it

Just because you agree with a post doesn't make it a good post.

Surprised there were no half time subs. Jose must have just struggled to decide which one to take off!

Surprised there were no half time subs. Jose must have just struggled to decide which one to take off!

Id say they were all that bad hegave the whole lot of them 10 more mins

Murray is a dirty fûcker

• Advertisement

I do genuinly believe pottechino isn't good enough for the Utd job, it doesn't make it a lazy argument on my end because of this.

Again to be clear, was genuinely interested in your opinion.
    For me, He's yet to prove he has a winning mentality.
    His squad has been good enough to win a trophy for years now and has failed to do so.
    I don't want that risk at Utd, we have pricked around long enough since Fergie left. Football has changed.

Fair enough. I have never advocated for the removal of Mourinho in order to bring in Pochettino though.

Cool the way we are able to pass ourselves into boxes and then win a throw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    Its the name... might be better off changing it

Can we have a poll? New name for Bangkok?

Just because you agree with a post doesn't make it a good post.

And just because you and the lads disagree with it or see that bangkok wrote it doesn't make it a rubbish post either.

Shot!!!! Woohoooo

• Advertisement

• He has plenty of good posts that he regularly gets hounded for.

Again that's not true. When your posting style involves regularly talking up other managers in the most inappropriate times, then consistantly moving the goalposts everytime a point is challanged then post history will continue to haunt you. If you are posting here long enough then other posters surely will pick up on this.

Bangkok posts some good stuff sometimes but I'm convinced he's a genius in another area

jayo26 wrote: »
    Can we have a poll? New name for Bangkok?

Bangklopp.

Smackdik

Pogba coming forward with the ball... Rashford runs the other direction and takes up a spot on the centre spot. WTF?

• astradave wrote: »
    Smackdik

M!Ckok

Bangklopp.

Bangklopep

Again that's not true. When your posting style involves regularly talking up other managers in the most inappropriate times, then consistantly moving the goalposts everytime a point is challanged then post history will continue to haunt you. If you are posting here long enough then other posters surely will pick up on this.

Bangkok posts some good stuff sometimes but I'm convinced he's a genius in another area

I genuinely think some people here are just too sensitive in that regard. I got plenty of playground level sh*t from a few users here too when I praised the likes of Pep and Klopp during the season.

Bangklopp.

Bangkloppepochettino

Bangkloppepochettino

Bangingkloppepochettino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Fellaini best kept as a sub hope McTominay gets on for him soon

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement