Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Stupid pass pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

bangkok wrote: »
    Because we are playing **** and will do well to be even 2nd next season the way the team is going

So how does next seasons theoretical finish mean that moving up to 2nd this year is not currently progress?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Maya can’t press the way the rest of the attackers are expected to so they are constantly playing the ball to their left and then up into space as they have loads of time to play the pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,393 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FFS POGBA YOU CLOWN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can we not all just agree that we are fuking sh1te tonight.

pjohnson wrote: »
    So how does next seasons theoretical finish mean that moving up to 2nd this year is not currently progress?

2nd is only a stat. Means as much as brendan rodgers liverpool

Our football is not progressing, its getting worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pogba or Rashford off for McTominay most likely Mata though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Whatching ****ing Brighton better us in every aspect of this game is embarrassing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lol, Knockheart convienantly rolls back onto the pitch...

Rojo all out attack so

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Can we not all just agree that we are fuking sh1te tonight.

Problem is its mot just tonight.

Arsenal, West brom the same. Plenty of other examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭BenK

Such a lack of character in this team it's ridiculous.

As much as I've liked Fellaini hope he is nowhere near the first team until he signs a new deal and if he wont then adios. Let McTominay/Gomes/Hamilton get the minutes instead.

School boy stuff here

Without Lukaku and Sanchez, the workrates have been ****.

We are relying on Pogba entirely, and cause he's having a bad game, everything suffers.

Martial and Rashford have done nothing to justify any complaints they'd have about a lack of gametime. Martial has been utterly anonymous, and against Brighton, he should have been trying desperately to prove himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Oh Pogba what the **** have you been at in the second half.....

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Does anyone believe that we’ll ever win a league under Mourinho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Lads I dunno what’s worse, United losing or this thread when United are losing. Will yis relax the cacks. We’re gonna sneak a goal...

I need a smoke!

Wouldn’t mind but I gave them up 5 years ago :pac:

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Without Lukaku and Sanchez, the workrates have been ****.

We are relying on Pogba entirely, and cause he's having a bad game, everything suffers.

Martial and Rashford have done nothing to justify any complaints they'd have about a lack of gametime. Martial has been utterly anonymous, and against Brighton, he should have been trying desperately to prove himself.

Martials work rate in tracking back and especially pressing is so poor at times

• Oh Pogba what the **** have you been at in the second half.....

Looks a frustrated figure second half

Making wrong decisions

But the team as a whole haven't been good enough

I'm so disappointed with Rashford, Mata and Martial tonight

shane. wrote: »

Yes

City gonna sign mbappe and thiago in the summer and we giving fellaini a new contract. I would rather we let him go and sign savic and fred

• Shaw, I'd run faster than you

Martial has stunk out the place. He had a big auld whinge over game time and since has just wasted his minutes when he was on the pitch. Made minimal effort to actually earn a starting spot.

• Advertisement

It's hardly that unbelievable is it?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yes

Your deluded so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Don't really look like scoring, do we?

astradave wrote: »
    I need a smoke!

Wouldn’t mind but I gave them up 5 years ago :pac:

I'll have two on your behalf. I'm a nice guy like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Shaw, I'd run faster than you

Dunno, if ye were racing for food you probably wouldnt

• Advertisement

Brighton FFS

4 losses against teams in the bottom half. Just ridiculous really that we can't out class and beat these kinds teams.

bangkok wrote: »
    City gonna sign mbappe and thiago in the summer and we giving fellaini a new contract. I would rather we let him go and sign savic and fred

There must be a new mountain in UAE made entirely of man city jerseys if they can afford them under ffp

4 losses against teams in the bottom half. Just ridiculous really that we can't out class and beat these kinds teams.

Could be away defeats to all the promoted teams

Another night if we had 10 hours we wouldn't score

That's a peno

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

That tackle on Lingard is a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

So frustrating how we can beat Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs but lose to these sh*tty sides battling for relegation. Serious issue here

Could be away defeats to all the promoted teams

Jesus.

Terrible shot but if that was anywhere else on the pitch it’s a free, don’t get why defenders are allowed go thru a man after a shot is taken

• Advertisement

There must be a new mountain in UAE made entirely of man city jerseys if they can afford them under ffp

Ffp is farce. Always ways around it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

What pisses me off is that we had no Lukaku and no Sanchez, so there was a chance to impress for so many tonight.

Martial and Rashford have been hopless. Matic and Pogba hilariously bad. City or Liverpool will laugh to the title next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I agree but I think with the upward trend in the league we have every reason to believe Jose can iron out that crease and that maybe this time next season united will be 12 points better off this time next season.

Drumpot wrote: »
    I agree but I think with the upward trend in the league we have every reason to believe Jose can iron out that crease and that maybe this time next season united will be 12 points better off this time next season.

He needs to get rid of an awful lot of crap In that squad first.

For all the talk of not needing any more forwards the ones on pitch tonight have been puke.

So frustrating how we can beat Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs but lose to these sh*tty sides battling for relegation. Serious issue here

At any point has it ever looked like a front line of Martial, Rashford, Mata and Lingard can do anything but struggle against teams?

It's not shocking. Jose brought in Lukaku, brought in Sanchez, and our results improved. They don't play, and it's back to the same old dross. There's a level of player that is slowly being phased out, thankfully. The more that happens, the less these games will crop up.

As far as I'm concerned, this does little but justify calls for a lot of these players to be shipped out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭BenK

There are so many players in the squad I have an irrational dislike for, too many to name really. There are far too many players that just being at United and doing the bare minimum appears to be enough.

With all the money spent, and apart from ability, where are the current players that offer you the leadership and character that the likes of Robson, Hughes, Cantona, Ince, Schmeichel, Bruce, Irwin, Pallister, Neville, Cole, Keane, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, etc. etc. did. All players who just hated losing any match.

Matic is great on the ball, doesn’t panic

This type of game is why I don't trust this team or mour. 2 seasons of it. Too common. Too often. Too predictable.

If Jose could fix it, it would have been fixed.

Beckham would prob still do a job for us on the right tonight

• Advertisement

The one positive thing I’m taking from this game is that Shaw has been very good on the ball since coming on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement