Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I dont fully get how the coaching/management can be bashed for everything. Sure complain about "long balls to Lukaku" or "sitting to deep" or the like but there has been so many times this year where players have failed abysmally and I can't understand how it can just be pinned on Jose. Like yesterday alone for instance:

Did Jose tell Fellaini & Pogba to pick out Brighton players with routine passes? I highly doubt it.
    Did Jose tell Rashford to under no circumstance pass to Martial and to only shoot? I highly doubt it.
    Did Jose tell Martial to keep running into dead ends and loose posession? I highly doubt it.
    Were Martial, Pogba and Fellaini all told by Jose not to track Brighton players that ran past them? I highly doubt it.

None of those are particularly advanced demands for a schoolboy footballer, let alone a professional footballer. They should all have enough of a brain all by themselves to manage to 1) pass to person wearing same colour, 2) Follow running person wearing different colour. Its the basic errors we see constantly. Things that really shouldn't need to be intensively coached.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

There is less and less accountability amongst footballers for abysmal performances on the pitch.

Guys like Roger Federer or Tiger Woods make mistakes and they blame themselves. Paul Pogba plays a match where he can’t string two simple passes together and the pitchforks are out for Jose.

Last night’s debacle was entirely on the players and Jose was dead right to make the points that he shared during his post match interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I am hesitant to say this as I don’t want to cause a debate on this but there was one point of the game that Pogba got the ball and was running through midfield and decided he needed to change direction by doing this skipping inside of the heel type movement that shifts the ball to the right and instantly lost the ball.

I was frustrated and so was he but that is the type of decision players make and no matter how boring Jose’s tactics it cannot ever be his fault that a player decides to do a trick with no pressure around him and looses the ball.

Some of my posts take shots at Jose, some at players, but there is an argument that both need to get a hold of themselves this Summer if they are still at the club next season and cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Good ****ing riddance Stoke and don't let the door hit you on the way out

Made my weekend

Happy Stoke are gone. Sick of them using our games as a stage to look like heroes every year only to roll over for every other team.

Huddersfield have City, Chelsea, Arsenal in their last 3 games so they may not get another point. I’d be happy for Swansea and Southampton to stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Headshot wrote: »
    Good ****ing riddance Stoke and don't let the door hit you on the way out

Made my weekend

Love the pretend sad faces on Shaqiri and Butland like their agents aren't already working on moving them out of the club :pac:

Feel sorry for Shawcross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

pjohnson wrote: »
    Feel sorry for Shawcross.

Nope, he has shown thuggish leanings more than once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Delighted Stoke are down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Econ_

I dont fully get how the coaching/management can be bashed for everything. Sure complain about "long balls to Lukaku" or "sitting to deep" or the like but there has been so many times this year where players have failed abysmally and I can't understand how it can just be pinned on Jose. Like yesterday alone for instance:

Did Jose tell Fellaini & Pogba to pick out Brighton players with routine passes? I highly doubt it.
    Did Jose tell Rashford to under no circumstance pass to Martial and to only shoot? I highly doubt it.
    Did Jose tell Martial to keep running into dead ends and loose posession? I highly doubt it.
    Were Martial, Pogba and Fellaini all told by Jose not to track Brighton players that ran past them? I highly doubt it.

None of those are particularly advanced demands for a schoolboy footballer, let alone a professional footballer. They should all have enough of a brain all by themselves to manage to 1) pass to person wearing same colour, 2) Follow running person wearing different colour. Its the basic errors we see constantly. Things that really shouldn't need to be intensively coached.

You can make this argument for literally every football manager in the world that presides over an under-performing team. It's a classical cop out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Econ_ wrote: »
    You can make this argument for literally every football manager in the world that presides over an under-performing team. It's a classical cop out.

Not if you have a manager who has won everything and been successful at every club he has been at and a bunch of players who have failed to perform at a high standard at the club that he is taking over....

Drumpot wrote: »
    Not if you have a manager who has won everything and been successful at every club he has been at and a bunch of players who have failed to perform at a high standard at the club that he is taking over....

Iirc thats the lad who tried to post about Fascist Mourinho and Liberal players so might be a bit biased of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I agree. But Milner is far from a top European player. He spent much of the last 2 seasons at left back and slots seamlessly into midfield when needed. Henderson has been a key player for them, and Can was played his part in a very effective side up until his injury. Oxlade-Chamberlain only joined Liverpool in January and became a key part of their team - playing as good as he ever did at Arsenal up until his injury. Coutinho left in the same month and Liverpool arguably improved.

When players come and go into a team like that and it still maintains a high level of performance with almost everyone consistently in form then it's a clear sign of a good coach who has found a system that works for everyone. Meanwhile we're talking about potentially selling the best young player in our squad and one of the best young talents in Europe after a performance in which he was no worse than some of the senior players that are making more money. Many here still bring up the possibility of signing Bale and Neymar etc. every now and then. Jesus Christ.

We have plenty of talent in our squad. We just need to use it better. That starts with the manager. Throwing a couple of lads in their early 20s the odd start here and there, more out of necessity than design, after putting them out in the cold and expecting top class, cohesive, match winning displays in front of a shockingly poor Pogba and Fellaini and alongside a completely anonymous Mata is a bit unfair and unrealistic.

Maybe google before a rant brah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Econ_

He's been there two years and spent hundreds of millions.

If things aren't going very well, I'm sorry but that's on Mourinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good generals share their success, bad ones take all the credit for a victiory and blame their troops for a loss. Mourinho has thrown almost every player under the bus at some point or other this season. I can't imagine why he imagines this practice to be good man and squad management.

Good generals share their success, bad ones take all the credit for a victiory and blame their troops for a loss. Mourinho has thrown almost every player under the bus at some point or other this season. I can't imagine why he imagines this practice to be good man and squad management.

For a busted flush, with outdated tactics of bus parking and really poor player management skills he does alright. I can only imagine how he'd do if he was any good

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Probably all the trophies he's won, at a guess....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Probably all the trophies he's won, at a guess....

Has to be the reason surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We've dropped 16 points against newly promoted teams and teams in the relegation this season. That's desperate.

• Advertisement

If (Jose) doing the same things he has always done inevitably leads to trophies then it sadly inevitably leads to a disastrous 3rd season and the sack. Interesting season ahead.

And they want us to have pochitino tho.

GSPfan wrote: »
    If Jose doing the same things he has always done inevitably leads to trophies then it sadly inevitably leads to a disastrous 3rd season and the sack. Interesting season ahead.

Well it's either going one way or the other ain't it we either going to progress or he will be gone if we don't have a successful season next year they won't be much arguments.

jayo26 wrote: »
    And they want us to have pochitino tho.

Thats too fatal a blot on his CV now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Clearly Darren Moore should be our next manager

Thats too fatal a blot on his CV now.

The lack of success is even more fatal then any single result.

• Advertisement

Not near enough cuddles this year. Its love they need.

Econ_ wrote: »
    He's been there two years and spent hundreds of millions.

If things aren't going very well, I'm sorry but that's on Mourinho.

Who Said things aren’t going very well?

Mourinho is world class coach and has won everything....

See , I can make broad sweeping comments with little context to the discussion aswell....

GSPfan wrote: »
    If (Jose) doing the same things he has always done inevitably leads to trophies then it sadly inevitably leads to a disastrous 3rd season and the sack. Interesting season ahead.

3rd season thing is pretty much a combination of, media fabrication, managing clubs with high manager turnovers and partly jose (being jose and also wanting to move to bigger clubs then currently he was managing)

The lack of success is even more fatal then any single result.

Nah. I think the high prettyness ranking makes up for the lack of success. No excuse for WBA mind.

Well it's either going one way or the other ain't it we either going to progress or he will be gone if we don't have a successful season next year they won't be much arguments.

I’ll call it now that if the squad is not significantly revamped this Summer then he will be gone. If Valencia and Young are starting the season as first choice then it’s been a bad Summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You are talking shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

J. Marston wrote: »
    We've dropped 16 points against newly promoted teams and teams in the relegation this season. That's desperate.

And funnily enough we're exactly 16 points behind City. Jose needs to sort this out!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

3rd season thing is pretty much a combination of, media fabrication, managing clubs with high manager turnovers and partly jose (being jose and also wanting to move to bigger clubs then currently he was managing)

Jose loves getting the sack, it's great for the aul ego

Lukker- wrote: »
    Jose loves getting the sack, it's great for the aul ego

I know (think) your joking just not really sure where you are going with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Good generals, I mean posters, come in here regularly to partake in the discussion. Bad ones appear like clockwork after every game United don’t win.

Jaysus Rooney completly dropped from Everton squad

Jesus. Chelsea beat Liverpool and It’s a three way playoff final day for the 3rd and 4th spot!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

If people are ready to get rid of jose.
    In all seriousness who is out there that can replace him.

Imo

We are in that time of year which the players have are thinking they have nothing to play for when playing a league game. They should be playing full on every game. Every game should be treated like a top 4 side. The mentalilty can fade completely.

You put out the same 11 last night for the fa cup game and you'll a different performance. Sometimes the players just have to take the stick of it, if they dont perform you cant point the finger at jose.

Now jose should been pointed the finger at in some games this season this season no doubt,

Guess my point is, if we loose to a side like huddersfield, its the lads on the pitch that should take the brunt of the blame .

Jesus. Chelsea beat Liverpool and It’s a three way playoff final day for the 3rd and 4th spot!!!

Wow, Spurs lost? Somewhere Sky are crossing their fingers for that scenario.

Also, means even a draw last night would have secured second fully :(

Actually, fair play to West Brom. 10 points from 12 against us, Pool, Spurs and Newcastle.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wow, Spurs lost? Somewhere Sky are crossing their fingers for that scenario.

Also, means even a draw last night would have secured second fully :(

Only need a couple points from our last two hopefully they can get the finger out.

2007/08 season united win league

Draws: reading, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Blackburn , spurs
    Lose: city twice (when they were muck) , Bolton , west ham,

Blackburn were the highest league positioned team of that list in 7th. 9 of the 11 league games united didn’t win were against teams below 6th!!!

This on its own doesn’t excuse underperforming against weaker teams but it shows it even happened in seasons when united won the league. Sometimes getting top players motivated for smaller teams is hard, I’d say it’s even harder if you are just playing for 2nd!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

The “Jose’s 3rd Season” thing is a fallacy.

He’s either been moving to a bigger job or been sacked by a badly run club.

He’ll be with us for many seasons, and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The “Jose’s 3rd Season” thing is a fallacy.

He’s either been moving to a bigger job or been sacked by a badly run club.

He’ll be with us for many seasons, and rightly so.

No way is it certain Jose stays at the club long term. If next season goes in a similar vein to this one I'd expect him to be under huge pressure and very high chance of him leaving.
    I hope it doesn't happen as I am happy with the way things are progressing so far but that needs to continue and be improved on.

Good signings are key to his future imo.He needs to be backed to the tune of 4 or 5 top class players and also be given free reign to ship out all the duds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

**** that ****, hope Liverpool hockey them, and they lose the rest of their games. Don’t want a full of confidence Chelsea in the FA cup final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

2007/08 season united win league

Draws: reading, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Blackburn , spurs
    Lose: city twice (when they were muck) , Bolton , west ham,

Blackburn were the highest league positioned team of that list in 7th. 9 of the 11 league games united didn’t win were against teams below 6th!!!

This on its own doesn’t excuse underperforming against weaker teams but it shows it even happened in seasons when united won the league. Sometimes getting top players motivated for smaller teams is hard, I’d say it’s even harder if you are just playing for 2nd!!!!

This

astradave wrote: »
    **** that ****, hope Liverpool hockey them, and they lose the rest of their games. Don’t want a full of confidence Chelsea in the FA cup final

Ah no keep them occupied as long as possible in my opinion

Them Chelsea boys just kinda turn up randomly and whenever they want hopefully they choose the Liverpool game over the final

Them Chelsea boys just kinda turn up randomly and whenever they want hopefully they choose the Liverpool game over the final

Bit like our boys so.

• Advertisement

Southampton got robbed there. Game should have been over. But even with that I have no idea what Ryan Bertrand was doing keeping the ball in play like that.

I’ll watch any aul game at this stage of the season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement