Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This hopefully is a horrible rumour with no legs, but in case...

https://twitter.com/mhchehade/status/992830801275482114?s=21

Darren Ferguson, son of Sir Alex Ferguson , missed his team's match this afternoon due to a "severe family issue". Rumours Ferguson has been rushed to hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

GSPfan wrote: »
    Southampton got robbed there. Game should have been over. But even with that I have no idea what Ryan Bertrand was doing keeping the ball in play like that.

I’ll watch any aul game at this stage of the season.

Jon Moss is a disgrace. Hewas literally willing Everton to score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Lord TSC wrote: »
    This hopefully is a horrible rumour with no legs, but in case...

https://twitter.com/mhchehade/status/992830801275482114?s=21

Darren Ferguson, son of Sir Alex Ferguson , missed his team's match this afternoon due to a "severe family issue". Rumours Ferguson has been rushed to hospital.

Rumours he's in a coma, hopefully none of its true

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Heart attack apparently

https://twitter.com/MrAhmedKhan/status/992833741050531840
    Former @ManUtd manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been rushed to hospital following a cardiac arrest and is said to be in critical condition. #MUFC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sad sad news RE Sir Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Sky reporting it now :(

Sky running with it now..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Sky running with it now..

Bein sports announced it 15 minutes ago and Richard Keys nearly crying and lost for words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Undergoing surgery tonight by the sound of things. Hoping it goes well and we hear good news soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Only last Sunday he seemed in great form.

Was he shown in the crowd actually last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Bleed on the brain appears to be the reason.

Exactly same thing more or less happened to me granny years ago and was out of no where.

So ya just never know what's round corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Shocking news about Fergie. Just read it on Twitter.

Hopefully can make a full recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Exactly same thing more or less happened to me granny years ago and was out of no where.

So ya just never know what's round corner.

Bleeding brains is a thing in my family. My mother had a bleed and brain surgery but she's fine, thankfully. Her brother and two first cousins died of haemorrhages. The brother who died, his son had a small bleed on his brain discovered last year.

My best friend also had a haemorrhage when she was a teenager but thankfully she's fine too!

I wouldn't even be surprised if that was my demise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Horrible news hope it's not serious issue.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Bleeding brains is a thing in my family. My mother had a bleed and brain surgery but she's fine, thankfully. Her brother and two first cousins died of haemorrhages. The brother who died, his son had a small bleed on his brain discovered last year.

My best friend also had a haemorrhage when she was a teenager but thankfully she's fine too!

I wouldn't even be surprised if that was my demise!

It's cancer and heart problem s in me mas family. Uh its not worth thinking about! Since had kids think bout it lot to.

• Advertisement

It's cancer and heart problem s in me mas family. Uh its not worth thinking about! Since had kids think bout it lot to.

Dementia for me, on both sides. I try not to think about it tbh.

Looks like the players have been told..

https://twitter.com/JesseLingard/status/992844187899965440
    Thought and prayers sir alex ����

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

that's shocking news!! genuinely shocked after hearing that. hope he pulls through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

No words.

Sister had a brain haemorrhage a few years ago. Thankfully it was caught early and she has not suffered any long term consequences. She is 40 odd years younger than Fergie though.

I feel like I've been told a family member has been taken to hospital. Fergie IS Manchester United for me.

Fcuk sake.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

At least the news from the hospital is positive. Let's hope he makes a full recovery.

• :(:(

**** news, hopefully he pulls through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Was in the shops when I got the notification and all I could think about walking around, was this man, who probably gave me some of the best times of my life. Hoping he pulls through this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

No words.

Sister had a brain haemorrhage a few years ago. Thankfully it was caught early and she has not suffered any long term consequences. She is 40 odd years younger than Fergie though.

I feel like I've been told a family member has been taken to hospital. Fergie IS Manchester United for me.

Fcuk sake.

This

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

He's not just a United legend, he's a football legend, end of.

Hope be gets through it. He deserves a long enjoyable retirement, not just 3-4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what horrible news. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Heart is a thing on my Dad's side. He has had stints put in, his brother has been permanently signed off work, the granny had a quadruple bypass and my aunt is on medication for arrhythmia.

Diabetes makes the appearance on both sides too.

Thankfully cancer has not been a major issue in my family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fantastic reply and never a more appropriate use of the phrase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

adox wrote: »
    Fantastic reply and never a more appropriate use of the phrase.

100%

Who gives a flying fcuk what religion or lack of religion someone who is seriously ill is?

SAF has been an adversary and general pain in the ar$e for most of my Liverpool sporting life but no one can deny his success and dedication to United and football in general so at times like this local rivalry has to be put aside including personal religious cr@p and we should all just hope he recovers and has a nice few years to enjoy his retirement.

Hearing him give out about how easy Liverpool won their 6th European Cup is something I look forward to 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Please rename the thread to the Benjamin Mendy Supertread 2018.

****ing legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just messaging my brother who lives in Vancouver and has only just heard, I was reminded of this cracker.

e3cae3188aea1eb5a0ab54c27bd78ea0.gif

Fcuk off.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Thoughts with Sir Alex and his family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,219 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

A quick venture in due to the shocking news. I was in work when I heard it start to filter through and got choked up and had tears in my eyes. Alex Ferguson is Manchester United.

This man is a giant to me, so strong so powerful for so long, so in control of his own destiny. To hear and be reminded that he is yet just a man and is as fragile and vulnerable as any of us is a tough one for me to wrap my head around.

He won't lack for fighting spirit that's for sure, the man is the embodiment of everything I love about our club. I'm not ready for anything but a full and speedy recovery and I refuse to contemplate the other.

Hopefully the press leave him and the family alone to recover at this time.

GGMU

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Im actually gutted. Still cant believe what has happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

bangkok wrote: »
    Im actually gutted. Still cant believe what has happened.

My wife told me earlier and I was shocked. I’m genuinely unsettled, you know like when you get a fright from some news!

My dad died of a stroke just over 2 years ago at a very similar age to Sir Alex, so it sort of brings that back a bit. I know I never personally had the pleasure of meeting the great man but it’s hard not to feel like I’ve gotten bad news about a good friend.

I always smile when the camera pans to his face during a game. To be honest, sometimes I’m smiling on the inside cause the match is sh*t and the team is playing sh*t. I really hope he makes a full recovery cause I don’t think I have ever thought about the club without him.

Strange as this may seem, I have no words right now. I'm just seeing the news fresh.

Come on, Sir Alex.

Some really heartfelt words from Anderson here.

https://instagram.com/p/BiaRDp2HO1u/?utm_source=ig_embed

There's so many messages on social media from clubs,players management and those involved in the game. It shows the measure of the man that he's held in such regard all over the world.

In other United news.
    From The S*n so the usual pinch of salt needed.

"JOSE MOURINHO has agreed a stunning £80million summer deal for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.

The Manchester United boss is set to make the Lazio midfielder his first mega-signing after a breakthrough in talks last week.

United were reluctant to meet the asking price for the Serbia international but have accepted they must pay top dollar to land him now."

Savic seems the type there will be a lot of interest in, so relative to the market £80m doesn't sound far off tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

This is one of my favourite Ferguson clips. Its just the joy he gets from Nani and Ronaldo doing well even if its not for his own benefit. Nice reaction from the players too.

https://twitter.com/BigFootballGB/status/993039589819453441

Drumpot wrote: »
    My wife told me earlier and I was shocked. I’m genuinely unsettled, you know like when you get a fright from some news!

My dad died of a stroke just over 2 years ago at a very similar age to Sir Alex, so it sort of brings that back a bit. I know I never personally had the pleasure of meeting the great man but it’s hard not to feel like I’ve gotten bad news about a good friend.

I always smile when the camera pans to his face during a game. To be honest, sometimes I’m smiling on the inside cause the match is sh*t and the team is playing sh*t. I really hope he makes a full recovery cause I don’t think I have ever thought about the club without him.

Yea im the same. Father passed a few years ago and he gave my father so much joy down through the years and i still see him when i see fergie. Same cheeky grin and all that. Hope he makes a full recovery

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement