Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Second guaranteed is probably the most important thing from the game in fairness..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Second guaranteed is probably the most important thing from the game in fairness..

Yep let's us play the last game with an experimental squad with a few youths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Making 2 subs for the last few seconds after another **** 90mins. Wtf is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Difficult to blame Martial for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

yabadabado wrote: »
    Brutal game ,too many in holiday mode.
    Really disappointed not to see Martial get some time up top.

Things are really not looking promising for martial. I'd say if a hefty bid comes in hell be off.
    Such a shame really. As soon as we signed Lukaku I was immediately worried for him. He has always wanted to play up top and his chances of making that happen at Utd have taken a massive nose dive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Congrats on the Golden Glove DDG!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Why sure he may aswell of not been on the pitch!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meh.

We'd want to wake the hell up for the FA Cup final.

Silver linings. Second secured. Golden Glove secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Pogba is so **** its unreal haha

Remember the time he bullied the sh*t out of Dembele and made you look silly?
    Good times :)

Quandary wrote: »
    Things are really not looking promising for martial. I'd say if a hefty bid comes in hell be off.
    Such a shame really. As soon as we signed Lukaku I was immediately worried for him. He has always wanted to play up top and his chances of making that happen at Utd have taken a massive nose dive.

I thought he or Rashford should have started again tonight. No point in punishing them for a poor performance by starting them on the bench then expecting them to be top class when given the odd start down the line. The fact that he wasn't even brought on was very disappointing and quite worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I thought he or Rashford should have started again tonight. No point in punishing them for a poor performance by starting them on the bench then expecting them to be top class when given the odd start down the line. The fact that he wasn't even brought on was very disappointing and quite worrying.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭BenK

It's disappointing to see the amount of attacking players not really playing to their potential at United currently- Sanchez, Pogba, Martial, Rashford in particular. And Mkhitaryan before them. You win nothing on paper but there's serious ability in those 4 current United players. Who's to blame- the players or Jose- I'm not sure but we've looked pretty toothless recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

So underwhelming again. I understand it's a meaningless game but there is no cohesion, little movement going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Meh.

We'd want to wake the hell up for the FA Cup final.

Silver linings. Second secured. Golden Glove secured.

Now that I think about it, I think this is what the back three could have been about.. get the clean sheet for DDG..

I wouldn’t worry too much about the result, he tried something different in basically a nothing game.. thought shaw got up and down the pitch well, and Sanchez and Lingard were lively.. midfield was poor on the ball for linking..

astradave wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, I think this is what the back three could have been about.. get the clean sheet for DDG..

I wouldn’t worry too much about the result, he tried something different in basically a nothing game.. thought shaw got up and down the pitch well, and Sanchez and Lingard were lively.. midfield was poor on the ball for linking..

For me, there were no negatives there that we haven't talked about endlessly for weeks now, and which I've not said I hope are fixed come the transfer window. So really not all that bothered about the result anyway.

Its nice to get second finally confirmed though and I really do hope we keep experimenting in the finals. Would like to see some kids given a game.

I reckon they will play on Sunday, maybe it was the plan to play others tonight and those on Sunday all along? Don’t think Sanchez will start on Sunday after playing 90 tonight and running himself into the ground basically

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Remember the time he bullied the sh*t out of Dembele and made you look silly?
    Good times :)

He wouldn't bully a toddler ffs haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Another terrible performance but some will see that it got the pint we needed for 2nd therefor progress and to be forgotten about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

BenK wrote: »
    It's disappointing to see the amount of attacking players not really playing to their potential at United currently- Sanchez, Pogba, Martial, Rashford in particular. And Mkhitaryan before them. You win nothing on paper but there's serious ability in those 4 current United players. Who's to blame- the players or Jose- I'm not sure but we've looked pretty toothless recently.

The players are good individually but it almost looks like they don't practice together. At least with Lukaku he does help link attacks together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,184 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

One of his better games recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Pogba is so **** its unreal haha

You should have been in earlier to say that and then "quote you on it after"

Ha ha he would ffs rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭BenK

FatherTed wrote: »
    The players are good individually but it almost looks like they don't practice together. At least with Lukaku he does help link attacks together.

Yeah it's very disjointed. When you compare it to the pace, urgency and coherency other teams attack with it's very frustrating to watch. That attack is currently not the sum of its parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Being sick in bed has its high points sometimes glad I missed this party hahahahahaha

Comfortable win for spurs, dembele will bully the United midfield

Quote this around half 7

Welcome Back Auroras!

Thought you'd left us after this priceless gem. Nice you hung around.

• Advertisement

I reckon they will play on Sunday, maybe it was the plan to play others tonight and those on Sunday all along? Don’t think Sanchez will start on Sunday after playing 90 tonight and running himself into the ground basically

Possibly. But then if it's an experimental side full of youngsters like the last couple of games last season then himself and Rashford will likely get torn apart again if they're involved in another disjointed, uninspiring performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Brutal game ,too many in holiday mode.
    Watched most of the game and have had enough of premiership football.No Sky payments next season.Will focus on lower divisions and soccer here.Follow clubs with genuine local commitment and character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Another terrible performance but some will see that it got the pint we needed for 2nd therefor progress and to be forgotten about.

Tbf Mitch, nobody has said the poor performances are to be forgotten about.

However there are some posters that will literally find a negative in every performance no matter how good we can be there will always be those that throw their arms up and bitch.

Things are not perfect but they certainly aren't all doom and gloom either, if you don't want them to be that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Not a great game/performance but I have to hold my hands up a applaud guaranteeing second place. I know there are no prizes for second place but I really didn't see us holding onto top 2 at the turn of the year and I was genuinely concerned about CL qualification which was an absolute must.

Hope we can easily go up a few gears for the final and that we've saved a little energy over the past few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What does that make Dembele ?

• Advertisement

What does that make Dembele ?

Well find out in two weeks I'd say.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well find out in two weeks I'd say.

Why, is he attending the finals that Spurs don't seem to think were all that imporant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Why, is he attending the finals that Spurs don't seem to think were all that imporant?

Working in the bar at Wembley day of the cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

One or two looked like they had a pint alrite

Manchester United have drawn 0-0 19 times in the Premier League since the start of the 2013/14 season. Nine of them have come under Jose Mourinho

Martial rashford carrick and romero will all start on sunday

Might see a couple of debuts as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

While others will just mope about whining at every opportunity.

At least it there won't be any calls for pochettino tonight as he didn't manage to beat them at home with his amazing attacking football. There wasn't much calls for him after he got beat by wba. It's all got very quiet on that front recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

bangkok wrote: »
    Manchester United have drawn 0-0 19 times in the Premier League since the start of the 2013/14 season. Nine of them have come under Jose Mourinho

United have had there highest league position since 2103-2014.
    First European silverware since 2008
    Back into the CL last 16 for the first time since 2013-2014
    First league cup since 2010

All under Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar wrote: »

Brilliant

I seen it on Reddit and was searching everywhere for it so Thank you :D

• Advertisement

Laughing at the way he falls it looks like he is trying to head the equipment box out of the way.

Every club needs a phill.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Laughing at the way he falls it looks like he is trying to head the equipment box out of the way.

Every club needs a pill.

So is that what Pep uses on the players these days :D

So is that what Pep uses on the players these days :D

Old news ;)

The bitterness from grown men that a sh*t United finished above their team is good craic if nothing else.

The bitterness from grown men that a sh*t United finished above their team is good craic if nothing else.

I'm enjoying the bitterness from our own fans just as much ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I just seen there that Klopp has been nominated for manager of the year when liverpool have less points than last year and united have moved up to 2nd.

I’m confused do you get nominated for premier league manager of the year for underperforming?

I just seen there that Klopp has been nominated for manager of the year when liverpool have less points than last year and united have moved up to 2nd.

I’m confused do you get nominated for premier league manager of the year for underperforming?

Come on now what else would you expect ha eitherways pep will deservedly get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Klopp is obviously being nominated because of getting Liverpool to the Champions League final. You can argue the merits of whether or not that should impact on the PL manager award, but that's clearly why he's getting that nod. Fair enough to be honest I think, it feels pointless to look at a season through the context of just one competition, when obviously success in one greatly impacts the others.

Dyche would be my choice for it though, just ahead of Pep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's his passion. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement