Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I think young will play left wing, 4 at the back

MUTV saying Martial is injured

Tony Blair also said iraq had wmd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Antibac wrote: »
    I think thats a shop window line up. Trying to clear out a few of them

But that makes no fecking sense.

likely going to be a rubbish end of season game, it isn't going to help sell anyone.

If he wanted to play Blind he could have dropped Young and played him left back - giving some possibility to play someone a little attacking in midfield.

This type of crap is why i am struggling to stay on board with Jose.

At home, last day, no need for a result.... and we play 3 defensive midfielders.

Its just such irritating rubbish. Has gone from a potentially fun and exciting final day to a likely turgid affair that I can't be arsed watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

It isn't 3 defensive midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

MUTV saying Martial is injured
    bangkok wrote: »

I know MUTV are bluffing that Martial is on his way out, or actually possibly injured, but comparing it to Blair saying Iraq had WMD's weirdest ****ing comparison I've ever read in a football thread..

TL;DR Couldn't think of another comparison eh Bangkok..

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    It isn't 3 defensive midfielders.

oh, so you are going against MUTV which said Blind in a midfield 3 with Carrick and McTominay.

Can you tell me where you have seen a differing account of the formation?

Might well be tghe case, but I see no reason to argue against the formation MUTV have put out, when we have nothing else to go on (that I am aware of)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

clap clap clap we lost the league but you've just won the Internet

I happen to know Jose has sent Martial to London 6 days early to get into position.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

oh, so you are going against MUTV which said Blind in a midfield 3 with Carrick and McTominay.

Can you tell me where you have seen a differing account of the formation?

Yes. MUTV arent always correct. Blind will play left back I'm sure.

Seems to be giving the guys who were around the squad but didnt get much game time a game he could have thrown in some youngsters but sure meh

• Advertisement

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Yes. MUTV arent always correct. Blind will play left back I'm sure.

But what are you going on to say that they are wrong, in such a matter of fact way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I would expect Blind at LB and Young LW and I hope it is that for no other reason than to see Alexis RW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Drumpot wrote: »
    Neymar feels like Di Maria 2 in the making. I know he is class but I’m not convinced these sort of characters will thrive in Manchester!

His behavior and antics at PSG would have me certain that Neymar should be brought nowhere near the club, no matter his talent.

It' would be a disaster relationship between the manager and himself and would seriously cause dressing room unrest.

He made his bed in Paris and he can stay there for all I'm concerned. He's transpired to be a real prat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I actually thought this was pretty funny tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Genuinelly toying with just not wasting 2 hours of my life on this game. Lineup is brutal and doesn't look that interesting for our final home game and last game of the season.

Jesus FA Cup doesn't even matter for me at this stage, need this horror show to end and start a fresh season ...

Martial situation is somewhat typical and just sums up my mood at the moment. I pretty much doubt he's injured

TheDoc wrote: »

Jesus FA Cup doesn't even matter for me at this stage, need this horror show to end and start a fresh season ...

For the life of me I'll never ever understand this crap.

So what if the team is playing **** or not entertaining that could easily be fixed next year if Jose is sacked because things don't work out but winning trophies is always what it's about if we can't get behind the team in a cup final what's the bloody point?

It just goes to show some people let the bloody hyperbole agenda take over. I've the past 5 months we have been as good as anyone playing against top teams we have scored goals and cone away with positive results and even if we weren't why wouldn't you give a sh1t about fa cup final.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right lads. Dare to dream. Anyone got a half/half scarf with United and Brighton on it? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

On TV today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Fully agree lads. Great idea but if we run this Monday evening it’ll be easier

Yeah your right, i'll repost it monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's a crap line-up in the nothing-est of nothing games. No point watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

jayo26 wrote: »
    For the life of me I'll never ever understand this crap.

So what if the team is playing **** or not entertaining that could easily be fixed next year if Jose is sacked because things don't work out but winning trophies is always what it's about if we can't get behind the team in a cup final what's the bloody point?

It just goes to show some people let the bloody hyperbole agenda take over. I've the past 5 months we have been as good as anyone playing against top teams we have scored goals and cone away with positive results and even if we weren't why wouldn't you give a sh1t about fa cup final.

The reason the last few games have been boring is Cause united comfortably qualified for top 4. The reason Liverpool’s game is on today is cause they have been awful for the last month and have nearly managed to throw a top 4 spot away and conceivably not make champions league next season...

Cue Pep saying Liverpool will be the biggest league challengers and the narrative is switched from success being based actual end of season position/honors to the entertaining football falacy.

When it comes to United , the Pundits and hyperbolic fans =

8fe05d98693ec031856f6ebc5b87003f.gif

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's a crap line-up in the nothing-est of nothing games. No point watching it.

Don't get this.

Even at the height of VanGaalBall, I never missed a game I didn't have too. I hate to pull out the "real fans" bull**** but I couldn't imagine ever going "I'm not going to watch United play"....

TheDoc wrote: »
    Genuinelly toying with just not wasting 2 hours of my life on this game. Lineup is brutal and doesn't look that interesting for our final home game and last game of the season.

Martial situation is somewhat typical and just sums up my mood at the moment. I pretty much doubt he's injured

you wont be saying that next sat evening...

3 defensive midfielders. Embarrassing.

People need to chill about squad players getting a game in a nothing game

Mitch, I may be wrong here but I'm picking up some vibes you aren't impressed with the midfield today. not sure whats giving me the impression tough :pac:

People need to chill about squad players getting a game in a nothing game

Why? Why could it not have been some of the young lads? Why does Jose have to be conservatively defensive to the last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It’s night like he’s playing them sitting back in front of the defence, they are tasked to play higher up the pitch..

Why? Why could it not have been some of the young lads? Why does Jose have to be conservatively defensive to the last?

Surely lads like blind mctominay darmain etc deserve a game for being in or around the squad all season

Surely lads like blind mctominay darmain etc deserve a game for being in the squad all season

So play blind left back and then an attacking midfielder in the three.

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    It’s night like he’s playing them sitting back in front of the defence, they are tasked to play higher up the pitch..

Not the pattern of play that I'm seeing. And, simply, they don't have the ability. They're defensive players.

Irish guy in Ontario is worse than anything I've heard since Danny Murphy

So play blind left back and then an attacking midfielder in the three.

Maybe blind wanted to play midfield who knows, it means feck all this team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭limnam

Jose is obviously sh|tting himself against watford in a nothing game.

Morto bud.

Maybe blind wanted to play midfield who knows, it means feck all this team

So play an attacking line up and involve some youngsters. Players that will be part of our future.

Mctominay doing good things again so far

So play an attacking line up and involve some youngsters. Players that will be part of our future.

Mctominy and rashford are playing, preference seems to have gone to senior squad players over youngsters and rightly so youd be fair pissed off to sit on the bench or stands all season and then have youngsters start over you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Irish guy in Ontario is worse than anything I've heard since Danny Murphy

That's Keith Andrews.

Mctominy and rashford are playing, preference seems to have gone to senior squad players over youngsters and rightly so youd be fair pissed off to sit on the bench or stands all season and then have youngsters start over you

So what? Blind and Darmian are very likely to be getting sold. And haven't played cause Jose doesnt trust them.

And you could still play both if you just drop young out, meaning you aren't playing with 3 defensive midfielders at home to Watford on the last day.

• Advertisement

So what? Blind and Darmian are very likely to be getting sold. And haven't played cause Jose doesnt trust them.

Maybe they wont be sold and this keeps them happy. So what is right your getting embarrassed over absolutely nothing

Maybe they wont be sold and this keeps them happy. So what is right your getting embarrassed over absolutely nothing

So play them at full back and don't go totally defensive when not needed. It's an embarrassing attitude from United, going for a 0-0 draw. Pathetic.

It's an embarrassing attitude from United, going for a 0-0 draw. Pathetic.

What's pathetic is the constant childish whining.

Give it a rest.

limnam wrote: »
    What's pathetic is the constant childish whining.

Give it a rest.

Nah, I'll continue to vent my frustration over Jose's insistence against playing attacking football.

I like to enjoy the football I watch. Sorry about that, do you just wait for the result, if that's all that matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What was that about a 0-0 draw Mitch :pac:

Rashford!

Jose will be furious if he was going for the 0-0 draw though

• Advertisement

rashford!!!!

, going for a 0-0 draw. Pathetic.

And he even fuked that up now Rashford just scored jose will be furious his plan is going down the swanny....

Nah, I'll continue to vent my frustration over Jose's insistence against playing attacking football.

I like to enjoy the football I watch. Sorry about that, do you just wait for the result, if that's all that matters?

Watch Arsenal so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ha. Get in Rashford.

Thread is gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Michael Carrick !! Beauty of a pass. Take notes Pogba

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement