Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭limnam

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Rashford!

Jose will be furious if he was going for the 0-0 draw though

Drop him for the final.

That'll learn him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    What was that about a 0-0 draw Mitch :pac:

Still feel Playing only 3 attacking players is an approach that is looking at not conceding rather than scoring. Aiming at 0-0 and hoping to nick one, which is what LVG set us up to do loads too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Think those sort of things should be called offside but will take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Young has been excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

What a pass from Carrick. what a player he has been for us. Legend

mata's touch was sublime as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Still feel Playing only 3 attacking players is an approach that is looking at not conceding rather than scoring. Aiming at 0-0 and hoping to nick one, which is what LVG set us up to do loads too.

Ahh stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Young has been excellent

As always. Great season from him.

But don't worry Jose had nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Liam O wrote: »
    Think those sort of things should be called offside but will take it.

Defenders know the rules. If they’re happy enough to take the chance and leave a player there then that’s their problem.

limnam wrote: »
    Watch Arsenal so.

So as a united fan we can't aspire to have a side that plays enjoyable football as well as attaining success? Like other big teams do. Such as Madrid, Barcelona or City?

We can only chose between done measure of success brought by rubbish football or playing nice and winning nothing.

Awesome.

• Advertisement

So as a united fan we can't aspire to have a side that plays enjoyable football as well as staining success? Like other big teams do. Such as Madrid, Barcelona or City?

We can only chose between done measure of success brought by rubbish football or playing nice and winning nothing.

Awesome.

I've enjoyed plenty.

I'm not restricted to only watching and enjoying one thing about football.

I'm a football fan. I enjoy everything about football.

Branch out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,186 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lindelöf ahead of Rashford for the FA Cup. I mean how dare he score. I mean Jose doesn't allow attacking players perform OR young players perform. WTF is Rashford doing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Romero channeling DDG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ah here Romero that’s just ridiculous:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Good stuff Romero great saves

We’d be midtable without De Gea lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Wow Romero

We’d be midtable without De Gea lads...

Not if we did it fairly and took Kane out of spurs and salah from pool and hazard from Chelsea and could probably leave arsenal the way they are they are wouldn't change much with them.

;)

limnam wrote: »
    I've enjoyed plenty.

I'm not restricted to only watching and enjoying one thing about football.

I'm a football fan. I enjoy everything about football.

Branch out.
    What do you find enjoyable about Uniteds style and general approach?

• Advertisement

I've always said Romero is the best #2 in England by some distance.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Not if we did it fairly and took Kane out of spurs and salah from pool and hazard from Chelsea and could probably leave arsenal the way they are they are wouldn't change much with them.

Did you not hear? If you take those players out of the other teams then other players would step in and do the business. United would never find another keeper that makes saves.

I hope we see Valencia, Jones and Shaw come on for Sanchez, Mata and Rashford now. We need to tighten up. This match is season defining and we must not risk conceding. Not in a match this important.

Did you not hear? If you take those players out of the other teams then other players would step in and do the business. United would never find another keeper that makes saves.

I do genuinely think that relying on your keeper to bail you out every game, with wirkd class saves needed against every level of team, is different.

Against most sides we should be able to get away with a good keeper, we should only need ddg to be out of this world amazing against the best sides.

That we rely so much on Ddg points to our midfield and defence not doing well enough to protect our goal.

Remember, it's not like we are playing all out attacking football which is why we concede so many chances, we play defensive Conservative football which still gives up great chances to the opposition. That's just poor.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I hope we see Valencia, Jones and Shaw come on for Sanchez, Mata and Rashford now. We need to tighten up. This match is season defining and we must not risk conceding. Not in a match this important.

Arctic_Sinful_Fennecfox-max-1mb.gif

I do genuinely think that relying on your keeper to bail you out every game, with wirkd class saves needed against every level of team, is different.

Against most sides we should be able to get away with a good keeper, we should only need ddg to be out of this world amazing against the best sides.

That we rely so much on Ddg points to our midfield and defence not doing well enough to protect our goal.

Remember, it's not like we are playing all out attacking football which is why we concede so many chances, we play defensive Conservative football which still gives up great chances to the opposition. That's just poor.

If United sold De Gea, I’m pretty sure they would be splashing out on the nearest thing to De Gea that’s available. No doubt CBs will be upgraded. I don’t think we have been nearly as reliant on him this season as some try to make out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

So as a united fan we can't aspire to have a side that plays enjoyable football as well as attaining success? Like other big teams do. Such as Madrid, Barcelona or City?

Awesome.

No as a united fan when judging a manager and team you should factor in all variables when deciding where you stand.

Style of football is one variable. Some united fans are allowing rival fans and pundits to wind them up. Every united fan can see that it’s not overly enjoyable watching many united games. It’s just some of us see the progress being made and accept it takes time to rebuild up a great club like united.

You can say “United is a massive club and we should expect more” but on the last 5 seasons united hasn’t been a massive club challanging for top honors. That’s a hollow sound bite that doesn’t factor in the reality of how poorly the club has struggled since SAF retired. Remind me how many top clubs were run by the one manager for 3 decades and how easy it was for them to keep the success going when that manager left?

In most areas the club has had its best season since SAF retired , the team is is clearly improving and the fans have every reason to be positive about our league chances next season.

What do you find enjoyable about Uniteds style and general approach?

That's much like most of your thoughts on football very one dimensional.

In which game?

We've had loads of different "styles" and different approaches in different games against different styles.

Exactly the same way we always had under Ferguson. I'm not saying the styles approaches have been the same but united have always been very flexible in that way and Jose is no different.

Has the execution in some of the games been poor? Of course.
    But that doesn't specifically mean there's a problem with the "style" or approach.

In games like Liverpool at home. Completely nullifying Liverpools threat and paying on their weakness. The difference been that game the players executed it correctly.

Most of our "problems" this year have nothing to do with a style or approach it's been a problem with the execution of it.

Did you enjoy Fergie's defensive approach to big games?

park/fletcher/Rooney on the wings?

Course you did and mostly because the players executed it correctly and for the most part we were successful

Good well executed football is good to watch be it defensive or all out attacking. Again the problem I have is a lot of the execution has been poor. Too many games with too many "big" players getting the simple things wrong.

Nothing to do with style/approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

On any given day any player can have a brilliant attempt on goal. Happened to us plenty this season and DDG is world class because of this.

I see where your coming from though about the midfield and defence. A fit jones and bailly would be a formidable partnership and i think jose had planned herrera to step up like he did last season bit that dodnt happen

Drumpot wrote: »

In most areas the club has had its best season since SAF retired , the team is is clearly improving and the fans have every reason to be positive about our league chances next season.

I'm genuinely not seeing how the performances in the last month, or since January, show clear improvement over the last season. That's the reason for my annoyance. Our style is as slow, predictable and one dimensional as last year. We've ground out some better results, but i feel the football is much the same.

We've played very well the odd time, but our general level of performance is average and slow.

I'm genuinely not seeing how the performances in the last month, or since January, show clear improvement over the last season. That's the reason for my annoyance. Our style is as slow, predictable and one dimensional as last year. We've ground out some better results, but i feel the football is much the same.

We've played very well the odd time, but our general level of performance is average and slow.

Because they have nothing to bloody play for in the league. Against all the top sides this year United have been a match for any team apart from first half against city surely that can give you some hope for flip sake.

• Advertisement

Because they have nothing to bloody play for in the league. Against all the top sides this year United have been a match for any team apart from first half against city surely that can give you some hope for flip sake.

Or we've a small team mentality that turn up for games vs the big boys.

What's the excuse for the approach and performance vs Seville? Twice. Nothing to play for there?

What's the excuse for the approach and performance vs Seville? Twice. Nothing to play for there?

Well at least you've moved on from the outrage over the currently playing midfield.

Is there any new posters with new insight into the Seville games? They have covered multiple times by the regulars?

I have said countless times that result sickens me I agree but players were totally wrong mentality for that thought they only had to show up.

Your ignoring every positive to do with the club over the past few months and concentrating on negatives only it's genuinely amusing.

The problem here is No one is saying everything is perfect but people are saying everything is bad and then when you try argue against the likes of you when you have these views the general comeback is ohh you think everything is perfect blah blah.

I reckon we would have been comfortably top 4 with Romero in goal for the season.

Well at least you've moved on from the outrage over the currently playing midfield.

Is there any new posters with new insight into the Seville games? They have covered multiple times by the regulars?

So other people can bring up past games but you'll have a shot at me if I do?

Is there some rule to follow? Only positive results can be remembered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Chelsea getting a tonking before the cup final can only be a good thing :D

And this proves my point exactly about the counter attack of people arguing against you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Any chance Conte will be sacked before the cup final?

I have said countless times that result sickens me I agree but players were totally wrong mentality for that thought they only had to show up.

Your ignoring every positive to do with the club over the past few months and concentrating on negatives only it's genuinely amusing.

The problem here is No one is saying everything is perfect but people are saying everything is bad and then when you try argue against the likes of you when you have these views the general comeback is ohh you think everything is perfect blah blah.
    The negatives are what need to be addressed.if they are not, we will continue to see results like that and continue to not press for the title or CL.

The mentality, attitude and tactics vs 'smaller' sides need to be addressed.

Only concentrating on the good times will ignore the problems. How is that going to get us back to the level we need to be at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

And vice versa.

• Advertisement

So other people can bring up past games but you'll have a shot at me if I do?

No. I was just noting you've recovered from your first half horrors. I think we're all used to "what about Sevilla" whenever we are winning so thats pretty normal.

McTominay paying tribute to Herrera there with his own bit of shíthousing, love it.

And this proves my point exactly about the counter attack of people arguing against you.

What?

So people can take a shot at me that contains not constructive argument and I can't comment back?

Just pat yer selves on the back so lads. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

McTominay paying tribute to Herrera there with his own bit of shíthousing, love it.

McTominay is learning well from the master of ****housery :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

What?

So people can take a shot at me that contains not constructive argument and I can't comment back?

Just pat yer selves on the back so lads. Well done.

Welcome to the other side.

Oh is this where people start talking about Cliniques?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Chelsea trying to lure us into a false sense of well-being

What are you doing around here today...

We're winning..

No. I was just noting you've recovered from your first half horrors. I think we're all used to "what about Sevilla" whenever we are winning so thats pretty normal.

So the discussion can't evolve either.

Grand.

This performance has been rubbish and boring. Continuing the trend we saw against West brom, arsenal, Brighton etc. But sure its grand, its clearly not a trend of poor performances that should worry us at all.

• Advertisement

Now Rashford paying tribute to Herrera, with a shot into the 2nd tier of the stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement