Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The negatives are what need to be addressed.if they are not, we will continue to see results like that and continue to not press for the title or CL.

The mentality, attitude and tactics vs 'smaller' sides need to be addressed.

Only concentrating on the good times will ignore the problems. How is that going to get us back to the level we need to be at?

Mich this started off with you moaning about the midfield and slowly it gets drawn out to the while mentality if the club.

Last year it was slut attitude against the top six now.its our attitude against the bottom teams maybe next year we will find a happy medium but the fact is united have been excellent against the top clubs the past few months and that's something positive to build on.

The season is over it's nothing match with fringe players been played and to be honest so far they doing pretty well it's going to be a long summer for you at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And here comes the master of ****housery Ander Herrera.

What?

So people can take a shot at me that contains not constructive argument and I can't comment back?

Just pat yer selves on the back so lads. Well done.

Shoot back away Mitch stop making yourself a victim I couldn't give a fuk what was said against me on the internet to be honest but if your moan be prepared to be challenged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jayo26 wrote: »
    Mich this started off with you moaning about the midfield and slowly it gets drawn out to the while mentality if the club.

Last year it was slut attitude against the top six now.its our attitude against the bottom teams maybe next year we will find a happy medium but the fact is united have been excellent against the top clubs the past few months and that's something positive to build on.

The season is over it's nothing match with fringe players been played and to be honest so far they doing pretty well it's going to be a long summer for you at this rate.
    So Jose's penchant for playing defensive football isn't a good evolution discussion from Jose playing 3 defensive midfielder on a nothing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

pjohnson wrote: »
    Oh is this where people start talking about Cliniques?

Poor me :(

• Advertisement

Poor me :(

#metoo

Love that Rojo tackle :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mates, maybe we should just watch the Spurs/Leicester game with 9 goals so far :O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

What do people think of taking a chance on Renato Sanchez? Could get him cheap?

Shoot back away Mitch stop making yourself a victim I couldn't give a fuk what was said against me on the internet to be honest but if your moan be prepared to be challenged.

Being challenged isn't the issue. I'm happy to argue my opinion.

Just taking a shot at me is different and I'll call that out.

To infer I'm simply taking shots over my opinion being debated is fcking sh1t from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mata and Sanchez linking well good give and go style

Oh is this where people start talking about Cliniques?

Pics or GTFO.

rBfFWmw.jpg

So Jose's penchant for playing defensive football isn't a good evolution discussion from Jose playing 3 defensive midfielder on a nothing game.

It's been discussed to death people call everything defensive now if it aint like liverpool.

Today ain't about defensive football Mitch it's like a testimonial game to a great player for the club and it's about fitting him in a midfield and support around him and giving fringe players a go that's all it is.

Jose has not set United up defensively in months the players attitude has made them defensive the lack if desire to run and chase down the ball is the problem noting to do with defensive football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rojo some man for nicking the ball

Sanchez took a bump there get him off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,186 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Probably why we are getting 3 DM's tbh.

It's been discussed to death people call everything defensive now if it aint like liverpool.

Today ain't about defensive football Mitch it's like a testimonial game to a great player for the club and it's about fitting him in a midfield and support around him and giving fringe players a go that's all it is.

Jose has not set United up defensively in months the players attitude has made them defensive the lack if desire to run and chase down the ball is the problem noting to do with defensive football.
    Two defensively positioned midfielders at home to west brom.

Today was a perfect day to give young attacking lads like gomes, chong or greenwood some minutes. But no, defensively set up starting line up and no look to youth attackers on the bench.

Pics or GTFO.

rBfFWmw.jpg

I hoped no one would notice.....

Great from Carrick today

Being challenged isn't the issue. I'm happy to argue my opinion.

Just taking a shot at me is different and I'll call that out.

To infer I'm simply taking shots over my opinion being debated is fcking sh1t from you.

Mitch saying people are ganging up on you is sh1t from you so there you go...

you started the big debate today before the game even started and when the majority if people challenge you then you call it ganging up and your not allowed have an opinion that's making yourself a victim.

• Advertisement

Was that not a mid three with Pogba/Herrera/Matic?

Rashford really does make some strange decisions doesn't he.

Mitch saying people are ganging up on you is sh1t from you so there you go...

you started the big debate today before the game even started and when the majority if people challenge you then you call it ganging up and your not allowed have an opinion that's making yourself a victim.
    Yeah, that's a totally fair representation...

Was that not a mid three with Pogba/Herrera/Matic?

Fellaini and Matic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

what a sh1t end to the season.

1 Shot on target at home to watford

Pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I dont get the “today was a perfect day for kids”, it was the perfect day to give squad players minutes, especially with the Cup Final coming up.. what happens if there’s injuries and we need to rely on these players at Wembley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Rashford really does make some strange decisions doesn't he.

He doesn’t make decisions

Uggh Pogba just uggh

astradave wrote: »
    I dont get the “today was a perfect day for kids”, it was the perfect day to give squad players minutes, especially with the Cup Final coming up.. what happens if there’s injuries and we need to rely on these players at Wembley.

It would've been understandable to have played the kids, or some of them, had there not been an F.A Cup final on the horizon.. But there is, and that's what probably dictated José's thinking... Probably...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

F off City

Fellaini and Matic.

Sorry, you're right. I'm think of the Brighton line up.

Fellaini and Matic.

You must be thinking of a different match. Fellaini was injured....

http://www.skysports.com/football/man-utd-vs-w-brom/teams/373431
    Sorry, you're right. I'm think of the Brighton line up.

Ah cool. I was thinking I remember that game :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

and man city get a late winner to finish on 100 points :(

I’m so gutted City scored that goal. Ruins the season for me.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It would've been understandable to have played the kids, or some of them, had there not been an F.A Cup final on the horizon.. But there is, and that's what probably dictated José's thinking... Probably...

Blind has not been involved almost at all this season, why would next weeks game be so important to have him game ready for when no other game this season has been?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Goodbye Premier League 2017/18

So....when does the new season start :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭thomasj

bangkok wrote:
    and man city get a late winner to finish on 100 points

And they've broken uniteds record of largest gap between them and 2nd going back to 1999-2000

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

We're such a terrible team to watch recently. Good news is so are Chelsea . Would love for us to beat them and Conte to get sacked afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭limnam

Today was a perfect day to give young attacking lads like gomes, chong or greenwood some minutes. But no, defensively set up starting line up and no look to youth attackers on the bench.

A west brom side while going down.

Beat Liverpool/spurs/ Drew with Liverpool/Arsenal

We need to get out of this mentality as do some of the players that we just need to turn up.

"But...but...we're united" Yes but we need to still turn up and perform.

No youth? What's McT?/Rashford?

If he put out a young team and got battered at home people would be whining it was bad prep for the fa cup final and should have given Carrick some protection in his last game and whine whine whine

Blind has not been involved almost at all this season, why would next weeks game be so important to have him game ready for when no other game this season has been?

Hell if I know, that's a question only José and his coaching staff can answer.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Goodbye Premier League 2017/18

So....when does the new season start :P

August 11th.

Great send off for Carrick I'd have him on the bench for next week too McTominay played a blinder even before that eye injury Young man of the match performance again Mata and Sanchez great link up, Romero wow, who needs DeGea(I kidding I kidding) Bailly and Rashford both a little lax at times Rashford gets frustrated so easily Pogba meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭limnam

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    August 11th.

The told you so's will be back with fresh hope that we get relegated

I can't wait.

Wonder if bailly did enough to get back into Jose's good books (according to supposed informed speculation) or the cup final team.

I'd be far happier to see him at the back over everyone else.

limnam wrote: »
    The told you so's will be back with fresh hope that we get relegated

I can't wait.

That's a bridge to cross when August rolls around, doesn't warrant thinking about until then..

Fuk been embarrassed this is what the club is about love our support and values of the club.. get well soon sir Alex.

Wonder if bailly did enough to get back into Jose's good books (according to supposed informed speculation) or the cup final team.

I'd be far happier to see him at the back over everyone else.

As it stands now I think him and lindelof are out best pairing for next year.

As it stands now I think him and lindelof are out best pairing for next year.

Lindelof? Can't see thst at all. Too easily dominated by physical forwards. Needs to toughen up on challenging for aerial balls to get a first 11 spot imo. And I do want him to cause I think he is very good on the ball and has good game reading - but needs to be more reliable in competing for the ball.

Lindelof? Can't see thst at all. Too easily dominated by physical forwards. Needs to toughen up on challenging for aerial balls to get a first 11 spot imo. And I do want him to cause I think he is very good on the ball and has good game reading - but needs to be more reliable in competing for the ball.

I'd have him ahead of smalling and Jones on recent form tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Will actually feel sorry to see the back of Blind this summer. A tidy player and his passing his biggest strength. Just doesnt suit us at the moment. Will do well where ever he goes

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement