Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Also regarding Shaw.

Posted it before but he's opted to spend the international break training in Carrington rather than taking holidays like most of the others not called up. Some fans seem to be speculating that this was the intentions of José being somewhat critical again of him after the game.

Hard to know, but for all the talk about how poor his work-rate I'm happy to see him putting in extra hours training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Drumpot wrote: »
    Also interesting that he says SAF was tough on him. We don’t know exactly what this entailed but I wonder if it was the kind of “bullying” that Jose is using to get Shaw to raise his performances.

Every manager pushes players to get better, its just they dont do in public like jose does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Also regarding Shaw.

Posted it before but he's opted to spend the international break training in Carrington rather than taking holidays like most of the others not called up. Some fans seem to be speculating that this was the intentions of José being somewhat critical again of him after the game.

Hard to know, but for all the talk about how poor his work-rate I'm happy to see him putting in extra hours training.

He did similar his second summer with United under lvg and came back like a man possessed.

Maybe the problem is that he has to be kept reminded of this and thats what the frustrating thing is for mnanagement and team mates.

It's only a couple months we were saying how good foot was to have Shaw back and if he stayed fit out left back position is sorted for years to come now all of a sudden he is doing extra work in Carrington to get himself back into shape again.

I like Shaw and really hope he succeeded but he has to working hard all the time not just after receiving another bollocking in public.

bangkok wrote: »
    Every manager pushes players to get better, its just they dont do in public like jose does

Of course they do lvg did it with Shaw also!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ferguson allowed Keane to have a go at players on his team and the Prawn sandwich eating fans. I also remember SAF having a very public spat with Rooney which wasn't long before he retired . .

The evidence that Shaw needs pushes and special treatment of sorts to get him moving is quite large. Between Young, previous coachs at United/Southampton and Jose , at some stage you have to look at the player and accept that maybe they are the problem and its not everybody else having a go at them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Adamocovic wrote: »
    What I think people have a problem with regarding the style of football is the fact that despite the talent added and successful manager by their side the football has not lived up to expectations. People can compare the improvements to the team under LVG all they want but can they say they've truly enjoyed watching us this season?

First quarter of the season where we were tonking teams 4-0 was great. Second quarter was dodgy. Felt like we were coming good again recently, up until the Sevilla game. The football wasn't great but we were grinding out results at worst.

The thing that keeps me on Jose's side is I don't believe this is what he wants. The Liverpool game as an example, he was roaring at the players to push up when they retreated back into the box, and brought Fellaini on which did result in us taking control again further up the field. That's not to act like he doesn't go for conservative football sometimes when needed, but I am sure he was expecting a better display again, for example, Sevilla at home than he ended up getting.

Given that he's got the results improving, I think he's aware he's going to need better displays next year. They'll come when he continues to improve the squad, which no one should be able to argue he isn't, even if some players are out of form for whatever reason. The reality is that for all people think "Oh we're so far behind City", I genuinely don't think there's another club in England in a better position than us to take the fight too them next season.

The evidence that Shaw needs pushes and special treatment of sorts to get him moving is quite large. Between Young, previous coachs at United/Southampton and Jose , at some stage you have to look at the player and accept that maybe they are the problem and its not everybody else having a go at them!

Thats why I find it so weird that so many anti-Jose people are choosing that hill to die on.

Like, there's so many legit reasons to be frustrated by Jose, but choosing Shaw as the primary argument is so stupid. Literally every manager that gets near Shaw says they are disappointed in how he handles himself. Jose has given him chances (I'd bet Blind or Darmian would love the shots Shaw has gotten) so obviously wants him to succeed.

Giggsy in

Screenshot_20180322-164245.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thats why I find it so weird that so many anti-Jose people are choosing that hill to die on.

Like, there's so many legit reasons to be frustrated by Jose, but choosing Shaw as the primary argument is so stupid. Literally every manager that gets near Shaw says they are disappointed in how he handles himself. Jose has given him chances (I'd bet Blind or Darmian would love the shots Shaw has gotten) so obviously wants him to succeed.

Pogba is the one for me.

The guy is massively talented. His ability to drive forward with the ball, take on players, hold them off and evade them and his range of passing is practically unparalleled - but from an attacking point of view he has been really subdued.

Obviously you could, and people do, point fingers at Pogba himself - but at the end of the day I can't help but think Pogba is the player we should be building our 11 around, and we absolutely are not. We are not getting the best out of him and if you blame him or not - you must apportion some blame (at least) to Jose.

If Jose can't get Pogba performing and contributing to our attack, who TF are we going to get that will do a better job on the pitch?

Pogba is the one for me.

The guy is massively talented. His ability to drive forward with the ball, take on players, hold them off and evade them and his range of passing is practically unparalleled - but from an attacking point of view he has been really subdued.

Obviously you could, and people do, point fingers at Pogba himself - but at the end of the day I can't help but think Pogba is the player we should be building our 11 around, and we absolutely are not. We are not getting the best out of him and if you blame him or not - you must apportion some blame (at least) to Jose.

If Jose can't get Pogba performing and contributing to our attack, who TF are we going to get that will do a better job on the pitch?

Like, that's a perfectly fine view point, and one I'd mostly agree with. Pogba HAS shown he can be world class, so I can utterly comprehend people getting frustrated he's not showing it for whatever reason.

I'm very interested to see what happens this summer. All reports are we're after another CM, and you'd have to imagine it would be with a view to support Pogba and Matic in the three man midfield.

• Advertisement

Ferguson allowed Keane to have a go at players on his team and the Prawn sandwich eating fans. I also remember SAF having a very public spat with Rooney which wasn't long before he retired . .

Was that the time rooney was pushing for a move to city??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Pogba is the one for me.

I really do believe that Jose’s plan was to have Matic and Herrera doing the donkey work and that would free up Pogba. Thats why we are seeing more and more of McTominay at the moment in midfield with Herrera out, he obviously wasn’t up to speed at the start of the season and with Herrera in such bad form it was left to have him back in a two with one of the AM in there instead. Probably why Jose says he will be targeting midfielders this summer.

That’s not to excuse either of them btw, just my two cents on what I believe happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Fergie's last act as manager was setting up Rooney's departure, im surprised anyone could forget that whole episode.

As Fergie walked out the door, he pretty much tried to throw Rooney under the bus, revealing Rooney was thinking of leaving too.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8709526/wayne-rooney-has-put-in-a-transfer-request-to-leave-manchester-united

The 27-year-old forward was omitted from the squad for Ferguson's final game in charge at Old Trafford, a 2-1 win against Swansea, fuelling the rumours of an impending exit.

By most accounts, Fergie had it set up that Rooney would be going that summer, only for Moyes and Woody to come in and give him a bumper contract increase. Had Fergie stayed, it looked sure that Rooney would have gone that summer.

Over a period of 3 years fergie criticised Rooney several times he accused him of been stocky one time then he had a go at him after he scored 4 goals in a game I think it was against villa. He had a go at him another time in his final season after taking him off at half time said the opposition players were running past him.

He had a go at nani one time for giving away possession that lead to a penalty.

He had a go at Ronaldo and Beckham and smalling I'd say there are many more over the years.

Managers critisise players in public all the time. “Jose is the only one that does it” is a very poor argument and only said when there is an agenda at flow

The difference between fergie and jose at managing players are chalk and cheese.

astradave wrote: »
    Managers critisise players in public all the time. “Jose is the only one that does it” is a very poor argument and only said when there is an agenda at flow

I'm not knocking him but I remember klopp having ago at one or two of his players a couple times on side of pitch after a game last season?

#passion

The difference between fergie and jose at managing players are chalk and cheese.

Who said they were the same?

No one said that ... people are pointing out that you are wrong in your statements yet again and yet again you ignore these points and completely change the argument.

If you truly believe in an opinion defend it don't go from one to another.

If moving the goalposts was an Olympic sport, you sir, would be the world record holding champion!

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Who said they were the same?

No one said that ... people are pointing out that you are wrong in your statements yet again and yet again you ignore these points and completely change the argument.

If you truly believe in an opinion defend it don't go from one to another.

When did he critise smalling, nani?

To the level jose has with shaw?

City derby it was when smalling let kompany get ahead of him and nani was around same time.

Edit: will you ever stop!! You said fergie didn't criticise players in public now your saying to what level!!!

Shaw has been called out because the manager feels the need to do it. It wasn't anything excessive he explained why he subbed him off that's it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Wish zlat the best, delighted to have seen him in the red. The injury robbed us of what might have been but his contribution last season was immense.

Happy retirement!

Just been announced in the last few minutes in case anybody missed it or is wondering what I'm on about.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Stop. You'll cripple your back.

City derby it was when smalling let kompany get ahead of him and nani was around same time.

Edit: will you ever stop!! You said fergie didn't criticise players in public now your saying to what level!!!

Shaw has been called out because the manager feels the need to do it. It wasn't anything excessive he explained why he subbed him off that's it!!!

Please Mr, take me off boards

Wish zlat the best, delighted to have seen him in the red. The injury robbed us of what might have been but his contribution last season was immense.

Happy retirement!

Just been announced in the last few minutes in case anybody missed it or is wondering what I'm on about.

He gone LA galaxy, didnt retire yet.

Pogba will join him in the summer :)

Ah no if you were gone you'd be taking a lot of comic relief with you.

Stay!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

He gone LA galaxy, didnt retire yet.

Pogba will join him in the summer :)

La Galaxy is retirement, he said as much himself before sure

Handy retirement for him

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Happy retirement!

Guardian saying he's considering a move to LA and we've just cancelled his contract early? Or has he announced he's retiring elsewhere?

Edit: Ah, I see what you were doing now....

• Advertisement

Chiropodist appointment already is it?

Legend

downloadfile.gif

616649f3cc2f1a53d261faa426ca2536.gif

downloadfile-2.jpg

Whatever you think yourself that response was just about expected.

Whatever you think yourself that response was just about expected.

Give it a few hours and it'll be somehow Jose's fault Zlatan couldn't recover this year.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Chiropodist appointment already is it?

Yea tell your ma i'll be late :)

Yea tell your ma i'll be late :)

So you are a necrophiliac aswell then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

If Zlatan gets even half fit he will score some sh!t load of goals in the MLS.

Fair play to the manager and the club for agreeing to terminate the contract and allowing him go easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Giggsy in

Screenshot_20180322-164245.jpg

I though all the Giggsy comments were for him to be the United ladies team manager......

Great to see zlatan in a utd shirt and the right time for him to leave as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

@Drumpot

Look what you did. You created a Jose v Fergie argument from a post I posted with nothing to do with Jose or Fergie.

@Everyone Else

If the pro-Jose posters keep bringing up the Shaw thing then you are going to trigger anti-Jose posters who will respond. Can we not just move on at this stage? I like a good debate but I feel like this one has run its course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Zlatan will always be remembered fondly by most Utd fans. Despite his advanced years we probably got about 90% of prime Zlatan which is truly amazing at his age.

I’ve read him mentioned in the same breath as Schweinstiger which is an insult to him as far as their Utd careers go. Couldn’t be more different.

Schweinstiger was there in name only, underperformed, got mysteriously injured late in the season only to make a full recovery for the major summer championship. We know where his priorities lay. An exciting signing at the time but untimely a poor one and a waste of time.

Zlatans brief time at Utd probably went better than any of us could have imagined. To be in such good shape and still have such a hunger for the game, despite all the honours he’s one, all the money he’s made is hugely admirable. He will be remembered for years to come as a Utd player whereas Schweinstiger will be forgotten about.

Imagine what people would say if Jose had thrown/kicked a boot at Shaw that hit him they'd want him up on manslaughter charges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Sad to see Zlatan go :(

That's the number 10 jersey up for grabs too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Poor Jose.......... heart bleeds for him .. such a nice guy too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Imagine what people would say if Jose had thrown/kicked a boot at Shaw that hit him they'd want him up on manslaughter charges

Just spat out my pint ha ha !! Brilliant!! Like fellas who tell ya Fergie never parked the bus!! Never happened Ted. He never played O Shea/Park/Fletch as the extra man in midfield, never played 1 up top, never asked CFs to play on the wing. It was always 4-4-2

secman wrote: »
    Poor Jose.......... heart bleeds for him .. such a nice guy too :)

landscape-1476431559-chris-rock.gif

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Just spat out my pint ha ha !! Brilliant!! Like fellas who tell ya Fergie never parked the bus!! Never happened Ted. He never played O Shea/Park/Fletch as the extra man in midfield, never played 1 up top, never asked CFs to play on the wing. It was always 4-4-2

Never ever ever would even think about throwing a defender up front when chasing a game.. no siree bob

MrMac84 wrote: »

Would love to hear about these games where fergie parked the bus.

Playing o park/fletch in midfield had nothing to do with parking the bus. United for majority of fergies career were attacking teams

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement