Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,187 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Did everyone see Evra doing the horse racing commentary a while back?

Alex Sandro has not made the Brazil squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

pjohnson wrote: »

Nope but if you have a link I'll look :)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nope but if you have a link I'll look :)

3:40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Marcelo and Filipe Luis are manager favourites so no surprise there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

More time to settle in with the United squad then :pac:

Transfer Window now opens Thursday to comply with Fifa rules.

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/996065463372304384?s=21

astradave wrote: »
    Marcelo and Filipe Luis are manager favourites so no surprise there

I doubt Evra was ever in the running ahead of them tbh :P

Lord TSC wrote: »

It makes no difference tho still can't register players until July ain't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So cam we sign Sandro and play him vs Chelsea?

Semi-serious....not to sign him tbursday in reality, but does this mean it would actually be possible?

It makes no difference tho still can't register players until July ain't it.

The transfer window is all to do with registrations. If we can sign a player Thursday we have to be able to register them Thursday.

• Advertisement

The transfer window is all to do with registrations. If we can sign a player Thursday we have to be able to register them Thursday.

He will become an employee of Manchester United but not be registered to play. See Adrien Silva @Leicester until January.

No it's you could always sign players before July you just couldn't register them. We could technically sign a player next August and he would be eligible to play in champions league but not in premier league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thank footballing Christ the World Cup is on this summer to distract from transfer stuff.

He will become an employee of Manchester United but not be registered to play. See Adrien Silva @Leicester until January.

Cause he missed the transfer deadline. If the window is open on Thursday there isn't the same issue like you are speaking of. Your argument would apply to signing him today.

No it's you could always sign players before July you just couldn't register them. We could technically sign a player next August and he would be eligible to play in champions league but not in premier league.

But the WINDOW IS OPENING ON THURSDAY. You are speaking about signing players outside of an open window.the transfer window refers to registration transfer.

'Breaking news', 'Sky Sources' about the actual transfer window itself. This is going to be a long Summer.

Cause he missed the transfer deadline. If the window is open on Thursday there isn't the same issue like you are speaking of. Your argument would apply to signing him today.

Not really you stated transfer window regards registration. It doesnt. The transfer was completed, Leicester paid the transfer money (£22m) and Adrien Silva was then their player and under contract to them. He could not be registered however until January but was recieving his pay from Leicester not Sporting. They are two separate things.

Not really you stated transfer window regards registration. It doesnt. The transfer was completed, Leicester paid the money and Adrien Silva was then their player and under contract to them. He could not be registered however until January but was recieving his pay from Leicester not Sporting. They are two separate things.

His registration could not be transfered cause the deal was not completed before the window closed. It transfered when the window opened, as it is going to do on Thursday.

The registration could not be transfered because the registration transfer window had closed.

If the window opens on Thursday, but you cannot register a player, what do you consider to be the function of the window opening. What needs to happen for a registration to be allowed?

But the WINDOW IS OPENING ON THURSDAY. You are speaking about signing players outside of an open window.the transfer window refers to registration transfer.

Look they can't play the weekend so things don't change :)

His registration could not be transfered cause the deal was not completed before the window closed. It transfered when the window opened, as it is going to do on Thursday.

The registration could not be transfered because the registration transfer window had closed.

If the window opens on Thursday, but you cannot register a player, what do you consider to be the function of the window opening. What needs to happen for a registration to be allowed?

In previous seasons the premier league window was always open before the first of July but you couldn't register the player until July it's just that the premier league window is one even sooner now.

• Advertisement

What would stop them?

For the CL you would need the Uefa comp registration open, and it's not.

For the pl you would need the pl registration window open. Not relevant,dunno.

Is their a squad registration for the fa Cup?

In previous seasons the premier league window was always open before the first of July but you couldn't register the player until July it's just that the premier league window is one even sooner now.

Yes you could. You could transfer registration at a domestic level.

Mitch

Afaik (i.e. what I read on Reddit), players can only play in the finals of the FA Cup if they were successfully registered for the semi-finals of the cup. So no, we won't be able to sign and play anyone for the finals :/

Mitch

Afaik (i.e. what I read on Reddit), players can only play in the finals of the FA Cup if they were successfully registered for the semi-finals of the cup. So no, we won't be able to sign and play anyone for the finals :/

And that's an answer I can happily accept ;-)

I doubt Evra was ever in the running ahead of them tbh :P

Woops :pac: juggling baby and phone

It’s like submitting squads at beginning of league season, they can be signed and ratified by the league before but I think there is something about their contracts,across Europe anyways, running from 1/7 to June 30th, so the new contract would only begin on 1/7.. so even though he would be registered as a United player, he would be paid by Juve until 30/6, if that makes sense.

But as TSC says you need to register players and submit to FA/PL to play in the cups and league before the the competition, with various exceptions like players who move in January or free agents, though for the final they need to be registered and in the squad submitted to play in the Semi final

It’s like submitting squads at beginning of league season, they can be signed and ratified by the league before but I think there is something about their contracts,across Europe anyways, running from 1/7 to June 30th, so the new contract would only begin on 1/7.. so even though he would be registered as a United player, he would be paid by Juve until 30/6, if that makes sense.

But as TSC says you need to register players and submit to FA/PL to play in the cups and league before the the competition, with various exceptions like players who move in January or free agents, though for the final they need to be registered and in the squad submitted to play in the Semi final
    But you can sign a player any day in January so the contract dates argument doesn't stand up to that.

But you can sign a player any day in January so the contract dates argument doesn't stand up to that.

Well yeah, but but they are usually say something like 3.5 year contracts or so and the end of the contract is usually 30/6. Thats my understanding of it, from reading up on it before, it’s been a while since I spruced up on it though.

Edit: I just see what your saying now yeah, might be a different understanding in the January window. Not entirely sure though.

I do know that it’s all to do with EU law, the EU law states that a player/worker should be able to move 365 days a year, so they came to a compromise with Uefa that has a 16week window for moving, 12 weeks in the summer and 4 in the winter, it’s the reason why the window has to open early in England as they are closing early

Well yeah, but but they are usually say something like 3.5 year contracts or so and the end of the contract is usually 30/6. Thats my understanding of it, from reading up on it before, it’s been a while since I spruced up on it though.

I get that, but the contracts can be terminated upon transfer agreement, which is what happens.

I would guess the issue of players transferring mostly from July is as much down to financial quarters issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Has anyone here watched much of him? Tuttosport ranked him as one of their poorer players this season.

fxhv9ov8kux01.jpg

xtal191 wrote: »
    Has anyone here watched much of him? Tuttosport ranked him as one of their poorer players this season.

From what I've read, he's been poor this season, but the blame seems to be that he got his head turned by Chelsea last season and Juvi refused him the move. Seems his heart wasn't in playing for them this season, and his form dipped.

Now, you can read into that what you want, with regards professionalism and stuff. But one poor season shouldn't put us off someone who was top class for a few years before that imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Cup tied like Mata so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Tuchel new PSG manager

Per Sky:

Lindelöf is wanted on loan by Wolves, thats interesting.

Per Sky:

Lindelöf is wanted on loan by Wolves, thats interesting.

Would be very disappointed tbh. He's looked to be improving as time has gone on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Would be very disappointed tbh. He's looked to be improving as time has gone on.

He has improved from absolute sh*te to average at best. I’d rather he was settling in to the PL somewhere else. If he has a good loan spell then great, bring him back to fight it out with what’s there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lindelof needs to get to grips with the league.He is easily bullied by big and strong CFs.
    If a season on loan sorted that it wouldn't be a bad move.

Reading that Poch wants to move Rose, Alderwield and Dembele on quickly so he knows what money he has to spend.

Which would be handy if we are after Alderwield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Reading that Poch wants to move Rose, Alderwield and Dembele on quickly so he knows what money he has to spend.

Which would be handy if we are after Alderwield.

What would people think of Dembele along side Matic and Pogba?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Saw the video of Deadpool taking over United. Best thing the club did was starting their own YouTube channel..

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What would people think of Dembele along side Matic and Pogba?

Don't know, he might try bullying Pogba again and land flat on his ass :pac:

Dembele is my favourite midfielder in the League, whatever about the United game he is an unreal player, the only problem with him is those niggles that he seems to pick up.. I’d personally take him in a heartbeat.. proper box to box player

Dembele is my favourite midfielder in the League, whatever about the United game he is an unreal player, the only problem with him is those niggles that he seems to pick up.. I’d personally take him in a heartbeat.. proper box to box player

Joking aside, would he be a good Fellaini replacement? Older, rough and bench player?

Talk is he's off to China though.

Joking aside, would he be a good Fellaini replacement? Older, rough and bench player?

Talk is he's off to China though.

We need younger players that can get around the pitch quickly. There is a reason spurs are moving him on. 31 start of next season and hes a bit injury prone

I've been impressed with the speed which Jose and Ed have gotten their transfer business done this past 2 Summers. Pogba aside, which was always going to be a saga.

It would leave me hopeful about this coming Summer's business, except for the fact that there's a WC coming up. I've no idea what to expect with it. Could be looking at 3 signings made within the next 3 weeks, could be looking at no signings made by mid July.

bangkok wrote: »
    We need younger players that can get around the pitch quickly. There is a reason spurs are moving him on. 31 start of next season and hes a bit injury prone

And yet he would still be an upgrade on every one of our midfielders bar an in form Pogba

And yet he would still be an upgrade on every one of our midfielders bar an in form Pogba

Yep prob would but still doesnt make it a good deal for us...

bangkok wrote: »
    Yep prob would but still doesnt make it a good deal for us...

I mean, you don't even know what the deal would be. Would you turn him down for €10m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,676 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Saw the video of Deadpool taking over United. Best thing the club did was starting their own YouTube channel..

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/996012485378371585

The marketing is great again for the 2nd film

Is Carrick staying on to earn his coaching badges?

I mean, you don't even know what the deal would be. Would you turn him down for €10m?

Saying 20m.

Yea i wouldnt be signing him even at that price. Need to buy players who can play for us for next 5, 6,7 years not a player who we might get one or 2 seasons out of. Need energy in midfield

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement