Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Remember Büttner. He was sh*te But there was something loveable about the mad bastard :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Yeah, I had high hopes for him :o

I was talking with a lad in work yesterday about players that fell by the wayside. He was going on about N’gog, Teixeira, Insua etc at Liverpool.
    There’s been loads at United.
    Thinking about the likes of Manucho, Possebon and Henríquez brought back memories :)

Ravel Morrison is actually a teammate of Henríquez in Mexico.

And how could i forget the great

Dong Fangzhou....

Yeah, I had high hopes for him :o

I was talking with a lad in work yesterday about players that fell by the wayside. He was going on about N’gog, Teixeira, Insua etc at Liverpool.
    There’s been loads at United.
    Thinking about the likes of Manucho, Possebon and Henríquez brought back memories :)

Ravel Morrison is actually a teammate of Henríquez in Mexico.

And Ricardo the spanish keeper.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Remember Büttner. He was sh*te But there was something loveable about the mad bastard :pac:

Remember the video of the mad street party when he signed for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

brinty wrote: »
    And Ricardo the spanish keeper.....

He had an alright career with Osasuna.. he’s managing down the leagues in Spain now I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

So far i'm counting our potential transfers as follows

Alderweirald
    Savic
    Alex Sandro
    Fred
    Bonucci

Am i missing anyone....

No Neymar :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,187 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Didn't Büttner and Powell both debut and score in the same match, back when we used to always put 4 past Wigan :pac:

Also Bebe worth a mention both himself and Manucho went on to have quite respectable careers in Spain.

Edit.

Adem Ljajic who nearly joined with Zoran Tosic in a double deal when we were signing all the serbs :pac:

Is Bonucci not like Seri in that he has zero chance of moving to England? Doesn't he have a disabled child which means he ruled out ever leaving Italy?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd say he'd get away with a slight regression in the league if he made the CL semi or finals in parallel.

Yeah, there'd be context things too. If we won the CL, FA and League cup but came 10th playing scoring 200 goals, and so on....

I was trying to keep it purely bout the league though for now.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is Bonucci not like Seri in that he has zero chance of moving to England? Doesn't he have a disabled child which means he ruled out ever leaving Italy?

Iirc his kid is/was extremely I'll and he wouldnt leave Italy when he was in treatment.

I'd prefer Alderweireld, Bonucci is excellent but TA is proven in the league and 2 years younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Alderweirald
    Savic
    Alex Sandro
    Fred
    Bonucci

Am i missing anyone....

Snjeider and Gaitan :pac:

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Snjeider and Gaitan :pac:

and Garay.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Is Shaqiri a mental left field suggestion to snap up from relegated Stoke for our right wing?

I've always rated him, and think he's done generally really well for Stoke. Talk of a £12m release clause in his contract if Stoke got relegated....think we could so worse, there isn't really a long list of RW players of note or quality.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Is Shaqiri a mental left field suggestion to snap up from relegated Stoke for our right wing?

I've always rated him, and think he's done generally really well for Stoke. Talk of a £12m release clause in his contract if Stoke got relegated....think we could so worse, there isn't really a long list of RW players of note or quality.

He always strikes me as the best player in a small team but fails to step up to the big teams cause he wouldn’t be the main man..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

i said this to a mate a while ago, think i would snap take him as long as we get someone else also for right wing and use him as squad player, hes a tank too think he could do a job for anyone in the premier league.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Iirc his kid is/was extremely I'll and he wouldnt leave Italy when he was in treatment.

I'd prefer Alderweireld, Bonucci is excellent but TA is proven in the league and 2 years younger.

His son had major surgery 2 years ago and has recovered well IIRC

In fairness to him had that one game where he had Robben in his pocket (or might have been Ribery) in the CL first leg tie

He was on a bit of a hiding to nothing when the stories emerged when we signed him that scouts where questioning the managers decision and ambition based on him being put in as like the 5th/6th choice LB in a list.

Shaqiri is left footed and cuts inside. If we want a left footed RW that cuts inside we have Mata.

Maybe Gelson Martins as an answer to RW? Sporting Lisbon appear to be literally melting so he could even be a free transfer!

• Advertisement

Maybe Gelson Martins as an answer to RW? Sporting Lisbon appear to be literally melting so he could even be a free transfer!

Can’t say I blame the players for wanting out of there after what happened.. most of the players are looking to have their contracts ripped up.

Shaqiri is a shout. If nothing else, he offers depth on a barren RW in the current team.

astradave wrote: »
    Can’t say I blame the players for wanting out of there after what happened.. most of the players are looking to have their contracts ripped up.
    President seems a looper all together

President seems a looper all together

He threatened the players before saying he would have the Ultras sort them out, he’s bleedin Cuckoo!

He threatened the players before saying he would have the Ultras sort them out, he’s bleedin Cuckoo!

wait this actually happened ? hahahaha

chips1234 wrote: »

A group of Ultra's attacked Bas Dost so bad he can't play this weekend, he has scored 34 goals this year for them....

The Stoke fans never seem to be too enthralled with him for some reason. I get the feeling he loves to step up in the big games, but then goes MIA for the other 90% :/

A group of Ultra's attacked Bas Dost so bad he can't play this weekend, he has scored 34 goals this year for them....

wtf i shouldnt laugh ofc but that is just ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Shaqiri isnt a team player and has a very lazy attitude. We wont see him anywhere near a jose team

chips1234 wrote: »

Yep, there is a thread on it, gives a bit more details

• Advertisement

Why bother with Shaqiri as a squad option?
    Buy a starting RW and have Mata,Jesse,Young Rashford as back up options.
    There is enough squad players already United need to improve the first choice xi and I dont see Shaqiri doing that.
    He may be low cost but id rather spend big and get a major up grade on the postion.

Moyes has left West Ham. I blame Hart. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There is a reason Shaqiri's career progression has gone Bayern > crap Inter > relegated with Stoke.

Nowhere near good enough for the top level despite his occasional screamer.

Shaqiri is a shout. If nothing else, he offers depth on a barren RW in the current team.

Well Luckhurst says that United have held informal talks with Willian. Maybe they took a leaf out of Klopps book and snapchatted him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

bangkok wrote: »
    Shaqiri isnt a team player and has a very lazy attitude. We wont see him anywhere near a jose team

That's weird cos when I watch United this season, I often see attacks / goals coming from moments of individual brilliance rather than team play.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Buy a starting RW and have Mata,Jesse,Young Rashford as back up options.

This is the exact problem. None of them are proper RW players. Mata, yeah maybe, but even then not really.

You can't expect to fill in key areas with players who don't naturally play there. You just end up with shoe-horned players under-performing.

It's much better, imo, to have a quality RW player (Mahrez would be another shout) who starts every game and someone like Shaqiri in the squad so you know, if something goes wrong, at least you have a natural RW to fill in.

This is the exact problem. None of them are proper RW players. Mata, yeah maybe, but even then not really.

You can't expect to fill in key areas with players who don't naturally play there. You just end up with shoe-horned players under-performing.

It's much better, imo, to have a quality RW player (Mahrez would be another shout) who starts every game and someone like Shaqiri in the squad so you know, if something goes wrong, at least you have a natural RW to fill in.

Well now with our 3 man midfield formation Lingard would be considered a RW

Did a good job for them. They stayed up BECAUSE moyes dropped hart :)

Did a good job for them. They stayed up BECAUSE moyes dropped hart :)

• Advertisement

Alderweirald
    Savic
    Alex Sandro
    Fred
    Bonucci
    Willian

Am i missing anyone....

Willian added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Willian added

Tierney?

Tierney?

And Neymar

Oh and we were linked to Matthew Bondswell today

Keep up Brinty :D

If you want to go back a bit from say March or so you would have.

Alderweirald
    Savic
    Alex Sandro
    Fred
    Bonucci
    Willian
    Tierney
    Neymar
    Bale
    Kluivert
    Umtitti
    Sessegnon
    Fekir
    Perisic(again)
    Ghoulam
    Joao Cancelo
    Bondswell(U16)
    Rose

That’s all I can think of

I see the United reddit published their Tier list for the window.

In fairness to that lot, they've had transfer rumour on lockdown for a number of years. I know Lord references reddit every now and then so can probably attest to usually how good this list is.

Their compiled Tier List that while they used to dictate rumours that can have their own thread there, it's usually a good indicator if stuff is based in reality or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/wiki/transfer-reliability-guide

Id want a proper RW bought and have Mata as back up. If both are injured/rested etc there are other options al ready in the squad.Shaqiri imo is no better than whats already at the club,I'd see his signing as adding another squad member for very little gain.

EG. If Willian was signed I'd expect him to start 3/4 of PL/CL games with Mata as the main back up.
    Then players like Jesse/Young/Rashford as additional cover but may never be needed for the postion.
    Chong has the potential to be excellent so he could be a genuine squad option over the coming 18 months.

Spend big on RW and get it right rather than adding unnecessary bloat to the squad.

• Advertisement

From the above:

Guillem Ballague (Sky Sports/Freelance/****) :pac:

I see the United reddit published their Tier list for the window.

In fairness to that lot, they've had transfer rumour on lockdown for a number of years. I know Lord references reddit every now and then so can probably attest to usually how good this list is.

Their compiled Tier List that while they used to dictate rumours that can have their own thread there, it's usually a good indicator if stuff is based in reality or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/wiki/transfer-reliability-guide

That’s the sitewide reddit soccer list, and in fairness Castles should be at least tier 1 or 2 when it comes to Jose/United (and wolves now), anyone else and he’s hasn’t a notion

Jones, Lingard, Young and Rashford get the callup for the World Cup :D

No Smalling.

If you want to go back a bit from say March or so you would have.

Alderweirald
    Savic
    Alex Sandro
    Fred
    Bonucci
    Willian
    Tierney
    Neymar
    Bale
    Kluivert
    Umtitti
    Sessegnon
    Fekir
    Perisic(again)
    Ghoulam
    Joao Cancelo
    Bondswell(U16)
    Rose

That’s all I can think of

Bellerin
    Johnny Evans
    Toni Kroos
    Seri

That’s the sitewide reddit soccer list, and in fairness Castles should be at least tier 1 or 2 when it comes to Jose/United (and wolves now), anyone else and he’s hasn’t a notion

It's used in /r/soccer and other subreddits, but it originated in the United one

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement