Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DDG confirmed to start tomorrow by Jose

I didn't see it really discussed in thread and I'm only after reading the comments elsewhere myself, but holy shít...
    Jose wrote:

"There are a lot of high-profile people in football, like old players, some have gone from players to weak & frustrated managers & return to football as high-level pundits. People remember more of what they were as players & not of what they were as managers. They influence public opinion.”

:eek:

xv0vjLe.png?2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

p04nyfrn.jpg

Good morning people it's Fa cup final day.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

No matter how football evolves, this day will always be magical for me. It reminds me of my childhood, watching every final with my Dad...the sunshine at Wembley, and my first footballing memory...Norman Whiteside’s wondergoal.

Come on United!!!

Herrera talking with kind words about Jose

“Let’s put everything in perspective. 2 years ago, we were 5th in the league & won FA Cup. Last season we won 3 trophies & were 6th. This season - 2nd & we can win a trophy. After SAF, we’ve had 4 years of transition & now I think the club is going up with this manager. I really think so."

“This club is about winning titles and reaching finals and this will be my fifth final in two years. If you talk with other football players, they would like to be in our position.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/18/ander-herrera-interview-will-fifth-final-two-years-united/

Really would love Herrera to put this poor season behind him and come back fighting next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Does anybody know of how I can watch FA Cup on my iPhone? I have Sky and BT sports package but don’t know how you access them live on the road?

And f**k this Poxy wedding. Any other year and I would be fine but have to be at a thing tonight so will miss the second half...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,187 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Are we on telly or is the royal wedding shagging things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

pjohnson wrote: »
    Are we on telly or is the royal wedding shagging things up.

Actually looks like it started at same time last few seasons so I can’t really blame the wedding. I will be on the road during the second half, just wondering if there is someway I can watch it on iPhone!!

Drumpot wrote: »
    Actually looks like it started at same time last few seasons so I can’t really blame the wedding. I will be on the road during the second half, just wondering if there is someway I can watch it on iPhone!!

I'd imagine once you have internet you should be able to. Dont have iPhone so cant say for definite :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Does anybody know of how I can watch FA Cup on my iPhone? I have Sky and BT sports package but don’t know how you access them live on the road?

And f**k this Poxy wedding. Any other year and I would be fine but have to be at a thing tonight so will miss the second half...

Tv3 player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was giddy and nervous about recent cup finals. More terrified of this one.

Lose and the ultimate nightmare season is almost upon us!

J. Marston wrote: »

Nah season is over now today is a day to enjoy if we win it tops off a barely acceptable season not a nightmare season.

I love cup final days love them I don't know how some people claim not to care about it.

Given how this thread swings based on what the last result was, I really need this to end on a win to carry us into a positive summer :P

32718463_10155752106817746_8405590373702828032_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=5f5a2b87aa53863ff4980c96808d033b&oe=5B986F82

DJ fuppin Khaled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Search for navixsport on the appstore, works great on android but never tried it on ios.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Wining an FA Cup is never season defining for this current version of United. I’m guessing you’re hinting at losing this and Liverpool winning CL?
    You think winning the FA Cup is going to be any comfort to you if they win CL?

Lads who gives a fuk what they do.

Its cup final day just enjoy it too much time wasted in this thread moaning and fearing what other teams do just enjoy what we achieve I'd we achieve it because people be moaning for next few months no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Losing today and Liverpool winning the champions league would have made for an unbearable summer break. Thank fcuk for the world cup, at least that will distract us if the worst comes to pass :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Talk is that Lukaku is on the bench and Martial starts up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wining an FA Cup is never season defining for this current version of United. I’m guessing you’re hinting at losing this and Liverpool winning CL?
    You think winning the FA Cup is going to be any comfort to you if they win CL?

Yes. It'll be a nice comfort blanket to weep into.
    Talk is that Lukaku is on the bench and Martial starts up front.

For fúck sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yes. It'll be a nice comfort blanket to weep into.

For fúck sake.
    I'd be happy enough, as long as we play to his strengths and not use him as a target man.

A better centre forward than rashford, can't understand why mourinho was playing martial wide of rashford rather than the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

pjohnson wrote: »
    32718463_10155752106817746_8405590373702828032_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=5f5a2b87aa53863ff4980c96808d033b&oe=5B986F82

DJ fuppin Khaled

They put De Gea in charge of the playlists....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Leighton rumoured to be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Better not be, go with your number 1, not some sentimentality selection!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,708 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty may not have existed in this form in 85 but he saw Whiteside score a cup winning goal and headed back to where I am now a couple of months later

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,708 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It was also 10 years ago on Monday (and indeed Tuesday!) that I last saw United play Chelsea in a cup final (and a very enjoyable occasion it was :))

Les Sealey R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'd be happy enough, as long as we play to his strengths and not use him as a target man.

A better centre forward than rashford, can't understand why mourinho was playing martial wide of rashford rather than the other way around.

Yep, I think currently Martial is better up front than he is out wide and I think Rashford is better out wide than he is up front.

If Lukaku doesn’t start I’d be happy to see Martial up there.

• Positive thoughts lads

Business Cat sorted out the match thread

We are going to win it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The queen has gotten ready for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

No matter how football evolves, this day will always be magical for me. It reminds me of my childhood, watching every final with my Dad...the sunshine at Wembley, and my first footballing memory...Norman Whiteside’s wondergoal.

Come on United!!!

Just watching it on telly, it has never felt the same for me since they moved to the new Wembley. The old Wembley was just... better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I miss the game being on early and big build up starting that morning.

Saying that the build up show that was just on was fairly good.

Once news is done and proper coverage starts beer shall be opened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Would love to see Martial cf today

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Would love to see Martial cf today

If he does start up front I hope not getting into the world cup squad will drive him on to prove people wrong.

I mean if something like that can't motivate you.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Owryan wrote: »

Well DiMarzio is usually spot on with his stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If he does start up front I hope not getting into the world cup squad will drive him on to prove people wrong.

I mean if something like that can't motivate you.....

Playing in Wembley in the FA Cup final for United should hopefully be motivation enough!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Playing in Wembley in the FA Cup final for United should hopefully be motivation enough!

You would hope so!!

I just don't know with Martial at this stage though. Hopefully when it's all said and done tonight he's played a great game and contributed to us winning.

Rashford starts up front so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rashford starts up front so.

Yep with Lukaku on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭useless

No Fellaini on the bench....is he injured?

useless wrote: »

He was an injury doubt apparently.

No Lindelof, Rojo or Shaw on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

useless wrote: »

No.hes the same as your username :)

Conte actually looks and sounds like he doesn’t want to be there.

Hopefully a comfortable win, love to see Rom come off the bench to score.

adox wrote: »
    Conte actually looks and sounds like he doesn’t want to be there.

Completely, just going through the motions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Would love it is Rashford scores today. He's been very much maligned this season at times but we should remember he is still only 20.

Shame Fergie couldn't be there. Doubt he's missed many if any of United s finals over his time around the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Massive game this for Rashford I feel. Would love to see him score and then see Martial come off the bench and get on the scoresheet

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement