Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Love him was so sick it didn't work out for him and hated off for selling him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

No, this is a headcase.. Bailly :pac:

v9rv6muiidn01.jpg

astradave wrote: »
    No, this is a headcase.. Bailly :pac:

v9rv6muiidn01.jpg

bit harsh from bailly :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

It looks like a video you'd force a kidnap victim to do telling their family they're OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

If you don’t have a brain this link will not please you...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43504631

I think it’s an extremely good point that many who support Jose feel is fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Absolutely delighted we had the a player like Zlatan at our club at the right time for us. In our transitional period this guy came in at 36 years of age and talked the talked, fkin hell did he walk it! Even any neutral can see the passion for the game he has. He bossed our team last year on and off off the pitch. Didn't come in as a legend of the game and just sat quitely but produced and rallied the guys around him, serious on the pitch but off it, always brought the fun side of football.

22 goals(17 PL) (5 UEL), Assist's 8 (5 PL) (3 UEL) in 36 apps in all comps last year is a serious return for a 35 year old at the time, especially when we were struggling.

Really wish he was able to finish out his season, think most neutrals would of liked to seen it, not for the club he was playing for but for the man himself.

A true footballer, he'll surprise those american's yet

7D4862CA950E433C89A964F5A6999F2A.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,0,2000,1125

Farewell Zlatan. One of those players I'm delighted to have seen put in a good shift for United, and almost can't believe that he actually played for us. He's very like Larsson in that respect for me, it was great to get him even if the time was short and sweet.

We have those players like Schweinsteiger and Falcao where we'll have to remind ourselves in time - "Fúck, he did actually play for United at one stage..." but this is not such a case.

With Zlatan there will be no doubt or pause for a second thought, he definitely did play for Manchester United.

All the best to him in MLS, I can't wait to hear some of the stuff he comes out with to endear himself to the US fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

They will love him.

• Advertisement

Imagine what people would say if Jose had thrown/kicked a boot at Shaw that hit him they'd want him up on manslaughter charges

Shaw has been excellent this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I’m convinced Bangkok is the biggest troll on boards.ie .

Why?

bangkok wrote: »
    Why?

Don't you mean 'source'? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Drumpot wrote: »
    If you don’t have a brain this link will not please you...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43504631

I think it’s an extremely good point that many who support Jose feel is fair.

Lord above.
    Jose Mourinho: Man Utd boss says 'people with brains' understand team in transition

It's like playground stuff really. Most people who have been critical of Mourinho have acknowledged it's a transition period, but that doesn't mean they have to pretend the football has met expectations and that we have gotten the best out of our players.

Speaking of transition periods, I wonder how long we will be able to continue to use that argument. Mourinho is fast approaching his 4th transfer window in charge and has already spent up around £300million adding to the squad. I think time is running out for the whole transition period defence and I don't see it working next season.

Yes there have been improvements. We are back in the top 4. But despite this success in the tables/stats, the football has not been anywhere near what would be expected with the squad and manager we have. I can't understand the Mourinho fans who defend him tooth and nail and then criticise the players who are following his orders.

But hey I suppose I don't know what I'm talking about, lacking a brain, words tend to just fall out of my mouth at times.

Ah here he is at the club 2 seasons not 4 transfer windows, I know it's the same thing but it's also not. If you want to make it sound longer then it is use seconds ;)

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Lord above.

It's like playground stuff really. Most people who have been critical of Mourinho have acknowledged it's a transition period, but that doesn't mean they have to pretend the football has met expectations and that we have gotten the best out of our players.

Speaking of transition periods, I wonder how long we will be able to continue to use that argument. Mourinho is fast approaching his 4th transfer window in charge and has already spent up around £300million adding to the squad. I think time is running out for the whole transition period defence and I don't see it working next season.

Yes there have been improvements. We are back in the top 4. But despite this success in the tables/stats, the football has not been anywhere near what would be expected with the squad and manager we have. I can't understand the Mourinho fans who defend him tooth and nail and then criticise the players who are following his orders.

But hey I suppose I don't know what I'm talking about, lacking a brain, words tend to just fall out of my mouth at times.

Ah here, you brought the money into it im going to start there,
    City brought in 100mil for sterling and stones before jose is in the team, pogba bought that same season. They go on to spend nearly 150 mil nearly 200 in their back line alone, thats 3/4 of the same cash jose had to spend to try and rebuild this team. Pep has inheritesd a better squad than jose has.

Your talking about being second and still in a cup, where last year we were not going to make the top 4 as the europa was the beat way to go about the CL.

2nd now, in a cup competiton thats up for grabs

But yet......the last 4 years seem to have forgotten your mind.

Just because we are man united doeant mean we deserve top drawer every year.
    Fergie had time to rebuild when he ****ed up so give mourinho time to put his squad together and go from there.

Clear as day we are doing better results wise, quit looking for the quick fix
    Stability first and work from there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Shaw has been excellent this season.

I feel like Shaw's performances have been elevated far higher than they've actually been based on people really wanting him to work out.

He's been grand absolutely nothing to shout about though.

beno619 wrote: »
    I feel like Shaw's performances have been elevated far higher than they've actually been based on people really wanting him to work out.

Young has been miles better

Yet to see shaw put in a performance like young did against the top scorer in the league or any threating forwatd player like young has.

Young has a great cross of the ball over shaw also.
    Shaw does overlaps better but not much else

Lord above.

£300 million? That’s impressive in comparison to what club united are looking to over take? It’s not anymore then LVG got and if we factor in inflation it might even be less!

This always puzzles me that people throw the massive amount of money spent ignoring that United’s target is suppsedly being top of the league and champions league champions. Yet they don’t spend like a club that’s desperate to be top of the pile. City have spent nearly 30% more.

The thing is that united fans aren’t used to the owners spending much. A decade of under investment has left us with a SAF squad that was primed for him alone and 3 years of poor transfer activity with an even more disjointed squad. Chelsea and city have had a consistent transfer and manager strategy for well over a decade so their clubs are better equipped to manage massive change. United had one manager for decades and spent very little for a club challanging for leagues and champions leagues. It also has a squad suited to one manager and used to minor changes annually.

You would have to give Jose over £100 and matching whatever city are spending this summer for united to financially match city’s support of their manager. That still doesn’t factor in the quality and pedigree of a team Pep took over and other variables that city and Chelsea had over united when SAF and Gill left.

In terms of style of football , I don’t think anybody has defended it. But you have people who are patient and people who are not. People who see the big picture which points to an upward trajectory and people who can’t get past the performances.

I don’t think performances are important while the club is in transition. It would be preferable but it’s ridiculous to expect better performances, the club to be challanging for honors but at the same time accepting that the job the manager has is greater then it would be if United has been like every other club for the last 20 years.

I don’t think the fans have helped much. Putting players (including McTominey) under pressure as the team tries to find the right ingredients. On paper it’s the best season united have has since SAF retired And some fans choose to focus on one aspect that is undesirable.

It’s easy to support a team and manager when it’s all going well. I was glad to hear fans support Jose by chanting his name because that’s the kind of support that gives the manager the best chance of succeeding. Also gives players the confidence and more belief in what their coach is trying to do.

When Jose has a go at players or his team it’s funny that some people default to “he shouldn’t be doing that, passing the blame”. Maybe he is a top coach who expects more from his players to meet his high expectations. Maybe Jose has the exact expectations as united fans and he sees some players not busting a gut to reach those levels.

Lord above.

Did you even read the context of the quote of just read the headlines? He is basically saying that we have improved in terms of position and points, and people should be able to understand that. It’s more a pop at the media comments coming out that Jose is killing football, I was in an appointment yesterday and 3 backpages (I don’t buy papers) where all about Jose or United not being good.

“Looking to us in the Premier League we have one team, one club clearly better prepared than us in the past few years to be first and we have 18 clubs behind us. One in front of us, 18 behind us.

"Of course, in the future we want to have 19 clubs behind us but this is the reality, and the reality is for people with a brain, with common sense, with knowledge of what sports is, we are in a moment of transition.

"And being in a moment of transition and still managing to do what we did last season, and win trophies, and to do what we are trying to do this season, which is still trying to win a trophy and trying to be second... I think we are in a good position."

He is bigging up the team, saying that while we are still in transition we are still in a better place than where we have been before.

• Advertisement

What i dont get is the jose out get potch or someone else....

This isnt even a jose team..scratch that, this isnt a new managers team, has to ship out the dead wood and get the quality in. Of course we'd all love top class for every position but it takes time.

Notice i said new manager...

For half the stuff read here recently wanting jose out we sure are a club by tradition......even though this day and age fergie woulda been sacked after his 2/3rd season there

God I hate the international break!

Would still be the same ****e jose in/out

Shaw great but in a blue moon keep him for what if.../ young has been better consistently

Barry's all talk....did u not sèe the add ;)

Was lyons wasn't it

Transition. Fair enough

Sevilla. Embarrassment

Well I think he has been great.

I looked at the label on his shorts and he always XL's.

So do I , but it it’s come at a good time for united. Players can get a break from the pressure cooker of united and hopefully come back refreshed and ready to fight for their futures with less pressure on their shoulders! (Top 4 all but wrapped up - FA Cup would be bonus but not disaster).

They can treat April - May as an effort to work hard on sending a message that this team is ready to step up for a proper challange next season. Anything other then defeat at City will he a bonus if we factor in where the clubs appear to be at. I don’t think the likes of a 6-1 defeat united suffered to city w few seasons back would be beneficial so I expect a frustrating game as a united fan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's a direct link this year between money spent and league position. Like it or not, money does buy leagues (Leicester anomaly aside).

Worse, do you think City are going to think because they walked the league this year, they dont need to spend big again? Or are they going to splash another 250m on world class players to join their historic side, making them even harder to catch?
    Do you think Chelsea are going to be underspending after missing out CL football? Or they going to splash out big to regain ground?
    Liverpool already have the Keita deal lined up, and will spend big.
    Spurs, God knows.

Point is, regardless of how Jose is doing, the Man United manager not only will have 150m to spend, that's still going to be far less than City are splashing out with a better foundation than the one we have. Trying to hold the idea of Jose spending cash against the club is so incredibly naive.

We absolutely do need to spend big to keep up with City, cause City will be spending even bigger to pull further away regardless.

Transition. Fair enough

Sevilla. Embarrassment

No champions league, no top four, no second in the table, no chaseing for a cup... won 3 cups, highest position since fergie left,

****in embarrssment alright.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    No champions league, no top four, no second in the table, no chaseing for a cup... won 3 cups, highest position since fergie left,

****in embarrssment alright.

I think he is just talking about the Sevilla game, which was pretty awful, well at least I hope he is

• Advertisement

I think he is just talking about the Sevilla game, which was pretty awful, well at least I hope he is

I think he's lost

I think he's lost

I think you cant read what i said

I think you cant read what i said

Transition. Fair enough

Sevilla. Embarrassment

No i read it, just it contributes absolutely **** all and your here to wind people up

Ah here, you brought the money into it im going to start there,
    City brought in 100mil for sterling and stones before jose is in the team, pogba bought that same season. They go on to spend nearly 150 mil nearly 200 in their back line alone, thats 3/4 of the same cash jose had to spend to try and rebuild this team. Pep has inheritesd a better squad than jose has.

Your talking about being second and still in a cup, where last year we were not going to make the top 4 as the europa was the beat way to go about the CL.

2nd now, in a cup competiton thats up for grabs

But yet......the last 4 years seem to have forgotten your mind.

Just because we are man united doeant mean we deserve top drawer every year.
    Fergie had time to rebuild when he ****ed up so give mourinho time to put his squad together and go from there.

Clear as day we are doing better results wise, quit looking for the quick fix
    Stability first and work from there

Did you even read my post?

I'm well aware progress has been made in terms of where we are in the league and cup, I've said it all season. I've also consistently said that I want José to continue on as manager, that doesn't mean he should escape all blame for our performances.

Even in the post you quoted I said it's clear we've made progress results wise. So don't see the point of you trying to point it out to me.

And regarding the money, in the 5 years since Fergies departure City have spent £723million and us £612million. Not worlds apart. Pep has spent a significant amount of that however with around £450million compared to José roughly spending £300million. But I didn't even bring City into this.

My point remains that with the money we've spent and the players at our disposal we should be getting better out of our team in terms of performances.

I'm well aware progress has been made in terms of where we are in the league and cup, I've said it all season. I've also consistently said that I want José to continue on as manager, that doesn't mean he should escape all blame for our performances.

Even in the post you quoted I said it's clear we've made progress results wise. So don't see the point of you trying to point it out to me.

And regarding the money, in the 5 years since Fergies departure City have spent £723million and us £612million. Not worlds apart. Pep has spent a significant amount of that however with around £450million compared to José roughly spending £300million. But I didn't even bring City into this.

My point remains that with the money we've spent and the players at our disposal we should be getting better out of our team in terms of performances.

Dont think he read mine either :)

Dont think he read mine either :)

Well done man, you must be hitting that refresh button hard, let me answer the guy first

Did you even read the context of the quote of just read the headlines? He is basically saying that we have improved in terms of position and points, and people should be able to understand that. It’s more a pop at the media comments coming out that Jose is killing football, I was in an appointment yesterday and 3 backpages (I don’t buy papers) where all about Jose or United not being good.

“Looking to us in the Premier League we have one team, one club clearly better prepared than us in the past few years to be first and we have 18 clubs behind us. One in front of us, 18 behind us.

"Of course, in the future we want to have 19 clubs behind us but this is the reality, and the reality is for people with a brain, with common sense, with knowledge of what sports is, we are in a moment of transition.

"And being in a moment of transition and still managing to do what we did last season, and win trophies, and to do what we are trying to do this season, which is still trying to win a trophy and trying to be second... I think we are in a good position."

He is bigging up the team, saying that while we are still in transition we are still in a better place than where we have been before.

I did indeed read the article. And again, like I've said many times I'm well aware of the progress we've made in results.

The part that annoyed me most in the article was one which you didn't quote.
    Mourinho has repeatedly been criticised for a style of play that is perceived to be unadventurous.
    That intensified after their Champions League defeat by La Liga side Sevilla.

"I understand the sadness of being knocked out in the Champions League, but I don't understand anything more than that," Mourinho told CNN

So from my understanding he understands fans unhappy with our exit but not the criticism towards the style of play. I imagine he's chalking that down to his transition period. Something that you probably know by now I'm not exactly buying.

I did indeed read the article. And again, like I've said many times I'm well aware of the progress we've made in results.

The part that annoyed me most in the article was one which you didn't quote.

So from my understanding he understands fans unhappy with our exit but not the criticism towards the style of play. I imagine he's chalking that down to his transition period. Something that you probably know by now I'm not exactly buying.

My understanding would be that he is saying that he understands thatfans are sad that they got knocked out but we are still second in the league and in the FA cup, we still have very much to play for and the season doesn’t end with us being knocked out of the CL. He’s not saying anything about the style of play really, he is talking more in the overall grand scheme of things. Comparing to previous seasons since SAF left, basically even though we are in a transitional period we are still 2nd in the league and in the Semi finals of the FA Cup..

I do think his intention was to praise and compliment the team to give them confidence for the run in.

That’s just an arbitrary sound bite statement with no benchmark. Why exactly should united be “doing better”? What are you basing this belief on?

United are quite a unique club. Losing SAF and Gill has set the club back some way, this can’t be ignored or brushed under the carpet. The effect that this has had on the club is extremely difficult to quantify. There is a reason Liverpool never recovered their dominance and that top clubs do go through transitional periods! Most spend their way out of trouble and united are not outspending their major rival which means there will be a price to be paid to even things out? (Perhaps style Of football?!)

So when you say united should be doing better, who are you looking at as an example of why united should be doing better? What variables and considerations to you factor in when coming to this conclusion?

Liverpool, Chelsea, City, even spurs are used to regularly changing managers. Their squads are used to significant ins and outs. Our club has only started this strategy in the last few seasons with an inexperienced CEO leading the changes. I’m Not having a go at Woodward but he was inexperienced taking over the role he has, it was unfortunate we lost two highly experienced people (managed and ceo) at the same time.

I don’t see other club buy players who have huge Twitter or marketable personality’s yet it’s clear some of united signings are conveniently very marketable. I’m not sure these clubs get accused of signing marquee players that look good with question marks over whether or not it’s what the team needs. I think it’s s fair question to ask, if some players haven’t necessarily been primary requirements for the first team but they have been popular signings so nobody really delves deep into this potential issue.

City(since 2009) and Chelsea (00s) spent more money then anybody when they were trying to buy success or overtake united. United are not doing that but are trying to be a club that succeeds by sort of Partly doing this.

• Advertisement

See with your earlier post, its very seasaw, contradictory, didnt know where you were coming from, and was yourself who brough the money factor in to it, i was comparing to our closet spending rivals

The players at our disposal are 2 managers worth of accumalted ****e with a some bright sparks, so much money wasted and fergies leftovers.

Jose shouldnt escape blame for all our performances no but the first 4 months of the season when we were hammering teams 4-0 or recent results in the league last month should also go applauded hand in hand

Drumpot wrote: »
    That’s just an arbitrary sound bite statement with no benchmark. Why exactly should united be “doing better”? What are you basing this belief on?

There are some valid points in the rest of your post but I'm just clipping it to the question for my response.

Fair enough if you argue that it's an arbitrary statement, that's your opinion. If you believe based on the improvements, stats, and current standings that we have been performing extremely well, so be it, you have more of a statistical argument to base it on.

My point of view is solely based on what I've watched. What I've seen players do and how I've seen them perform previously. Yes it's how people interpret it and bias can come into play.

With the experience José has and the players he has available I had high expectations of what we were going to see this season. And after the brilliant performances at the beginning of the season it gave more hope. When one of your stars is failing to perform normally you chalk it down to the player struggling or going through a rough patch, but when it happens to so many of your players for the majority of the season you have to look at the setup and manager in my eyes.

Now I don't have a stat to back up my opinion, so maybe it will be thrown away by most, so be it, but I think while José is currently doing enough with his tactics to get the job done, he isn't doing enough to get the best out of our most of our players. This isn't just something that has happened to José, since Fergusons departure so many stars have come to United and been wasted, something you touched on too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Did anyone stick up the Instagram post by Sanchez from yesterday?
    He says he's “tired” and “emotionally and psychologically exhausted”.
    I reckon all the Sh1te at Arsenal and the pressure to perform at the biggest club in the world is weighing on him. A break might do him the world of good and we'll get him back at 100% for the new season.

See with your earlier post, its very seasaw, contradictory, didnt know where you were coming from, and was yourself who brough the money factor in to it, i was comparing to our closet spending rivals

The players at our disposal are 2 managers worth of accumalted ****e with a some bright sparks, so much money wasted and fergies leftovers.

Jose shouldnt escape blame for all our performances no but the first 4 months of the season when we were hammering teams 4-0 or recent results in the league last month should also go applauded hand in hand

I don't see it as contradictory at all, but hey I did write. None of the opinions in my post opposed each-other. There were only really three passages and the first and last reiterated the same point, so I'm a bit lost how it was viewed as unclear.

And yes I did bring finance into it by mentioning how much has been spent, it part of the second passage where I wondered for how long will a "transition period" be used as an excuse, considering we are soon to be entering José's 4th transfer window in charge where he will add to what he has already spent. Never compared it to City, or made claims we should be top of the league etc. And this point isn't one I'm doing to be cheeky, I genuinely wonder how many windows and money a manager can be given until we begin to say transition period is over.

As I've stated before, for me once next season starts the transition argument loses a lot of weight. Finally, the first 4 months of the season trashing people 4-0? I think you mean in August and September, when we started with a bang. Still continued to grind out results since then but apart from some rare occasions the performances weren't the same.

There are some valid points in the rest of your post but I'm just clipping it to the question for my response.

Fair enough if you argue that it's an arbitrary statement, that's your opinion. If you believe based on the improvements, stats, and current standings that we have been performing extremely well, so be it, you have more of a statistical argument to base it on.

My point of view is solely based on what I've watched. What I've seen players do and how I've seen them perform previously. Yes it's how people interpret it and bias can come into play.

With the experience José has and the players he has available I had high expectations of what we were going to see this season. And after the brilliant performances at the beginning of the season it gave more hope. When one of your stars is failing to perform normally you chalk it down to the player struggling or going through a rough patch, but when it happens to so many of your players for the majority of the season you have to look at the setup and manager in my eyes.

Now I don't have a stat to back up my opinion, so maybe it will be thrown away by most, so be it, but I think while José is currently doing enough with his tactics to get the job done, he isn't doing enough to get the best out of our most of our players. This isn't just something that has happened to José, since Fergusons departure so many stars have come to United and been wasted, something you touched on too.

That's fair enough, I am not saying fans shouldn't be disappointed with the style of football, point out underperforming stars or question the managers decisions. All managers make questionable decisions and some gambles backfire.

I remember several gambles Fergie took at times really cost the team. One game we lost 6-1 to city because ferguson went at them when caution might of been more prudent. Another game we lost 1-0 to City (and could of lost by 5) when ferguson reverted to a very defencive formation after blowing a 4-2 lead at home to Everton. That cost us massively You could argue that when leading 4-2 at home to Everton United should of shut up shop!

When Jose does it and it doesn't work out it looks way worse because it hasn't been an enjoyable season. Its been very conservative, functional and generally efficient but underwhelming to watch.

I suppose I feel that there is a bit of momentum building. I feel , as bad the Seville result was, that there are signs that hes stopped the rot and is slowly turning the ship pointing the right way. I also feel that hes given the club a more structured way of sigining players. The one's bought under Jose do look like they have more character and ability to deal with the expectations on their shoulders.

I am not convinced that Sanchez or Pogba are the kind of players/characters that Jose would target, but I do think that the quality they bring would make it difficult for any coach to not accept into their squad. That's not to say they aren't welcome additions, I just think that Jose would of been happier if he could get a top top CM and CB. I am not saying United shouldn't of signed Sanchez, I am still happy he signed, I am just trying to look at what the squad needs.

I feel if Jose gets a very strong CB and a strong partner to go alongside Matic we will see a different team. We will see a vastly more confident team pick up serious momentum. Confidence will spread as United become far more difficult to score against.

As such many teams will be more defencive against united giving united more possession. This will give our forward players more opportunities to work their magic. This in turn reduces pressure on missed chances (5 shots on target in 3 games ?!!!). This also makes United tactics way more effective.

We wont see the likes of Seville being so adventurous and we wont see United look so nervous and disjointed. I genuinely believe the problem isn't the manager, its the quality of the players, their application to his instructions and that a few tweaks will make all the difference. In spite of our potentially best players (sanchez and Pogba) under performing, we are on paper doing ok. The team is still getting decent results, better then all but one team in the league. That's not bad.

Did anyone stick up the Instagram post by Sanchez from yesterday?
    He says he's “tired” and “emotionally and psychologically exhausted”.
    I reckon all the Sh1te at Arsenal and the pressure to perform at the biggest club in the world is weighing on him. A break might do him the world of good and we'll get him back at 100% for the new season.

Too be honest i think a lot of the united players feel like that

• Advertisement

Too be honest i think a lot of the united players feel like that

:D you would have to be blind to not see where this post is leading..

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

@DaleJohnsonESPN: Zlatan Ibrahimovic has taken out a full page advert in the @latimes announcing his arrival at LA Galaxy. Classic Zlatan. https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/977150249318998017/photo/1

Shame Zlatan was never fully able to bounce back, but with his age and Lukaku now as competition it was always going to be difficult.

For a player to join us at the age of 34/35 and go on to score nearly 30 goals total in one season is incredible. Especially considering nowadays so many players get written off by a lot of fans once they hit 30 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

Fingers crossed we come away with no injuries now during the break

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement