Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

BenK wrote: »
    Rashford's touch has been very poor.

Very very different team without Lukaku up there. Been obvious last few games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Chelsea just sitting deep now, knowing we aren't great at. Waking down packed defences, especially without Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

The ball forward before that was terrible and got us caught out of position. Our football in general is poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Muck passing get it together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Good god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We are creating alot in the final third but our final ball is shocking or goes in high to Sanchez.

Keystone cops stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Jones is having a disaster out there!!

Really not a fan of our back 4 whatsoever

I was rolling my eyes when I see it.

This is an awful final. It's a poor performance so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Hazard is world class. Jones is not simple as. Two centre halves needed for next year if its are going to challenge city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

That first touch of Hazard's killed Jones and any hope of that going well for us.

Definitely, but if he stays up he can at least try to put hazard under some pressure. Instead he hands him the penalty. It’s blatant idiocy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Im clutching to the memory of th City game to give me a bit of hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Lukaku on at half time please.

Can the Wembley roof close? The sun on the pitch is pissing me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lukaku on crutches would be a better option than Rashford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,187 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How Jones and to a lesser extent Smalling are still at the club is beyond me.

The fact none of Bailly, Rojo or Lindelöf have established themselves over them is so depressing.

adox wrote: »
    Im clutching to the memory of th City game to give me a bit of hope.

It's similar to the league match between two that we came back and won we where crap in first half yet had fair bit of the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jones being Jones.

https://streamable.com/d20pu

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Why does Rashford keep coming wide?? No point going wide to cross the box when there's nobody in there ???

So narrow. Shape a bit all over the place.

Sun won't be in De Gea's eyes in the second half at least.

#Positivity

This system doesn’t work without a target man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

pjohnson wrote: »
    The fact none of Bailly, Rojo or Lindelöf have established themselves over them is so depressing.

I know right. Can’t believe Lindelof hasn’t even made the bench today, yet Darmian has. Lindelof has been continually improving, must be disheartening to be completely dropped then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

What i really dont get with this fkin team is, we work it so well out wide, and with all the falls with fullbacks theree IS never any in the box to cross it to, its a joke

Is Valencia scared of Alonso? Gets one on one with him time after time and won't even attempt to go by him or at least force him into a tackle.
    He's doing Alonso's job for him, getting the ball and going towards the United goal instead of the Chelsea one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Has Valencia even tried to beat Alonso ? Just passes it back or square each time. Doing my head in

KH25 wrote: »
    Definitely, but if he stays up he can at least try to put hazard under some pressure. Instead he hands him the penalty. It’s blatant idiocy.

Looking at the replay, I definitely agree with you.

I'm not trying to absolve Jones, it's just in real time I knew we were in serious trouble the moment Hazard made that touch.

He's some player. Cheeky bid this Summer?

Lukaku will score keep it at 1-0 and we will still do them we need to believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It’s been said a million times for the last few years but the lack of any kind of intelligent runs in the final third is a disgrace.

This team is a combination of idiots (Phil Jones) or players lacking the creativity my 10 year old nephew would possess, it’s a miracle we finished second this season, we need another rebuild of the rebuild of the rebuild. It’s rebuild-ception, and I really don’t see us challenging for a league in the next 3 years.

The scousers win next weekend to top of a throughly depressing 5 years of being a United fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Bailly seems injury prone. Rojo injury prone and a liability with rash tackles and the jury is still out on lindelof. So that's why we rely on Jones and smalling. Need to be addressed asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Has Valencia even tried to beat Alonso ? Just passes it back or square each time. Doing my head in

If we begin next season with him as first choice right back we are fcuked tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

You only noticing that now?

He has been doing that for years.

35 minutes of dross so far from Utd.

• Advertisement

Chelsea players tumbling at every tackle here

I know right. Can’t believe Lindelof hasn’t even made the bench today, yet Darmian has. Lindelof has been continually improving, must be disheartening to be completely dropped then.

Well ones a CB and the other can play either full back role so Lindelöf wasn't replacing him it would need to be Bailly.

Wouldn't mind picking up Rondon to be Lukaku's deputy (we hopefully wont need). Any of our slight wingers/midfielders just dont work as a lone striker.

This is why I didn't comment on anyone mentioning Chelsea conte etc not been up for this because look at us ffs.

All over the place.

Surely it makes more sense to just let Hazard have a shot at that angle rather than hack him down from behind and give him a penalty and risk a red?

Pogba looking like he won a competition to play this half...

Well ones a CB and the other can play either full back role so Lindelöf wasn't replacing him it would need to be Bailly.

Wouldn't mind picking up Rondon to be Lukaku's deputy (we hopefully wont need). Any of our slight wingers/midfielders just dont work as a lone striker.

Thought the same re Rondon be a decent deputy for Lukukau

J. Marston wrote: »
    Surely it makes more sense to just let Hazard have a shot at that angle rather than hack him down from behind and give him a penalty and risk a red?

The rules are once the penalty was given, it was a yellow. It was never going to be a red once he tried to play the ball.

Passing to ghosts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭BenK

I'd be bringing on Lukaku and Martial early enough to be honest. Any of the front 3 could come off really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Sense

Phil Jones

Sense

Phil Jones

• Advertisement

Not to Jones it doesn't,watch the replay when Hazard made the first touch,Jones had zero awareness of where he was going or his position on the pitch. Terrible stuff compounded by a stupid 'tackle'.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pogba looking like he won a competition to play this half...

It’s no surprise anymore which is depressing in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

This performance is getting worse as the game goes on.

Unfortunately it's looking similar to the sevilla and Liverpool games.

Just awful all round really.

Sanchez a beautiful corner to Fabregas........sweet fùck about 95% of corners this season have been abject failures.

adox wrote: »
    It’s no surprise anymore which is depressing in itself.

He must be under instructions to sit so deep,zero influence on the game from there.

KH25 wrote: »

Looking at the replay, I definitely agree with you.

I'm not trying to absolve Jones, it's just in real time I knew we were in serious trouble the moment Hazard made that touch.

He's some player. Cheeky bid this Summer?

I probably should have pointed out that I agreed with you! Great play by Hazard but he got what he was looking for from
    jones.

Fergie will be there in spirit hairdryer incoming

No card for Moses either.

Joke.

He must be under instructions to sit so deep,zero influence on the game from there.

He has feet. He could do far better than he is. Regardless of if he is playing RB he should still manage the basics.

• Advertisement

Matic the only somewhat bright spark and that's only because he managing to do basic things without cocking it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement