Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Matic runs into space,Pogba shouts at Valencia to pass to Matic, Valencia instead plays it backwards and the impetus is lost. So fooking annoying seeing stuff like that constantly happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well ones a CB and the other can play either full back role so Lindelöf wasn't replacing him it would need to be Bailly.

Wouldn't mind picking up Rondon to be Lukaku's deputy (we hopefully wont need). Any of our slight wingers/midfielders just dont work as a lone striker.

Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Look at difference when ball actually beats the man and gets into the box for once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,187 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jesus.

A focal point that the ball might stick with and give the speedsters a chance to run behind. I see why you wouldn't want this mind.

Rashford hits the wall and his following corner finds Giroud. Fooking hell.

• Advertisement

A focal point that the ball might stick with and give the speedsters a chance to run behind. I see why you wouldn't want this mind.

Yeah I'd like United to remain a top 4 club.

Ah Rashford,what a time to miskick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Why is rashford taking set pieces,

Young shoukd be on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Piss fūcking off, Rashford...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That is rashford off for lukaku 100% now, what kind of shot was that ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Jesus.

You haven't a hope of getting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Awful from Utd.

Chelsea competent no more than that with their star man influencing the game.

Players should hang their heads in shame again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ander best defender Rashford get off the pitch and go home

J. Marston wrote: »
    Piss fūcking off, Rashford...

I still really think we need another forward for when Lukaku ain't there or ain't performing.

We can't trust Rashford or Martial to perform on there own often enough. Potential is nothing.

An older experienced forward there for backup would be very important.

Yeah I'd like United to remain a top 4 club.

I suppose you think Sanchez/Rashford at CF will manage this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Absolute shambles of a performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

First time we go through the centre and something nearly comes out of it.

mosstin wrote: »
    You haven't a hope of getting him.

I don't think he'd do too well in this side anyway, no one else seems to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭BenK

Think Jose needs to be bold at half time now. This Chelsea team are hardly playing great themselves and there are good options on the bench. Changes need to be made.

Shearer spot on about Jones, everything seems last ditch with him,his reading of the game is very poor.If I was a centre forward playing against him, I'd be confident he'd make at least one mistake a game.

• Advertisement

I suppose you think Sanchez/Rashford at CF will manage this?

Not really, but Mourinho seems to think so. He can do no wrong in your eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Could be a blessing in disguise. They will have to get rid of the slackers and do a rebuild after this performance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Surely Martial would of done better through the middle.

I can only see Rashford as a left winger. Can't see him developing into a striker atall.

Would kill for Ibra in this game.

Jose needs to take his share of the blame for this too.

The shape up front is all over the place. Rashford has spent more time out on the right than up top. Sanchez has spent more time in the middle than wide on the left. Slow ponderous build up(when the players can pass the ball to each other).

Sigh. It’s just ****e all around.

Would kill for Ibra in this game.

Not much good if the rest can't string 3 passes together.

Could be a blessing in disguise. They will have to get rid of the slackers and do a rebuild after this performance

We have seen this numerous times this season. I don’t think that half will make much of a difference in the decision making.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Last attack of the half aside, we have been abysmal.

Pogba
    Lingard
    Rashford
    Sanchez

It's almost like they've not been on the pitch

Jones has been a complete liability at the back, misplacing simple passes, poor positioning...

As for young and Valencia, I'd say the more time they have the ball in wide positions the happier Chelsea will be.

Herrera has made a few mistakes too but he's defending relatively well.

Overall it's been horrendous stuff.

This is why I didn't comment on anyone mentioning Chelsea conte etc not been up for this because look at us ffs.

All over the place.

A disjointed team who finished outside the top 4, disinterested players, a manager surely on the way out in the Summer. How on earth could they win an FA Cup final or even be up for it?

Well, 'they' did, only 2 years ago.

Unfortunately I'm not surprised to see Chelsea put in a performance in this game.

Be great to see our lads do something similar in the second half.

What is our attack even supposed to resemble? Took me way too long to notice that Jesse was playing.

• Advertisement

Some actual good punditry on BBC. Obvious but still good.

adox wrote: »

The shape up front is all over the place. Rashford has spent more time out on the right than up top. Sanchez has spent more time in the middle than wide on the left. Slow ponderous build up(when the players can pass the ball to each other).

Thats why we need a target man up top to force us into having a shape there. Someone to provide an outball. Like Giroud has for Chelsea even this half.

None of Chelsea's defenders are worried.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Some actual good punditry on BBC. Obvious but still good.

Not one thing said that we can disagree with.They are calling it as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Slow sideways ponderous build-up is killing any sort of penetration through the middle. Not going to beat up Rashford for that. We improved after going behind in the semi final but have brutal in every game since then. Hopefully it'll improve in the second half

Thats why we need a target man up top to force us into having a shape there. Someone to provide an outball. Like Giroud has for Chelsea even this half.

Well if Rashford could hold his position in the Centre then there. May be something for the likes of Pogba and Sanchez to aim for with through balls.

Also Jose knew Lukaku wasn’t going to start so should adapt accordingly.

It’s just been a bit shambolic all around.

The only bit of light is that we are only one behind.

Not much good if the rest can't string 3 passes together.

Ah even just an experienced head up front. Everytime ball cones in Rashford gets ball drops deep there's no one up front!

No sense no responsibility of his position.

Where struggling without Lukaku what does he do he stays where he's meant to be he gets hold ball holds it up brings other players in. Rashford can't play on his own up there he's not good enough Martial more or less same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I can't believe how poor sanchez has been since he signed. He has constantly been a top performer since he came to the premiership but lately he has looked below average. He might have had one or two half decent games but personally i expected a lot more

I think the move to a 3 in midfield has killed Jesse aswell. He was brilliant in the #10 role coming out of the Christmas period but since he has been shunted out right he hasn't been near as effective :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

pjohnson wrote:

He's a striker who can't put the ball in the net. Why the hell would you want that.

I know it's only a backup option so can't go for someone who'd want to be playing week in/week out but there's a lot better options than Rondon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

adox wrote: »

This is the biggest problem. The more time goes by the more obvious that Mourinho and his coaching / tactics are outdated. We haven'tt created a thing. Pure negative ****

titan18 wrote: »
    He's a striker who can't put the ball in the net. Why the hell would you want that.

I know it's only a backup option so can't go for someone who'd want to be playing week in/week out but there's a lot better options than Rondon.

Exactly its a back up so not gunna be chasing a Cavani or similar. An aged Claudio Pizzaro filled the role at Chelsea. Rondon has proved a handful many times even if he couldnt score, obviously better around but couldn't think of someone willing to sign as a back up.

• Advertisement

No need to stop the game there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

They are just leaving Valencia in space because attack’s die on that right side

We really are poor, look to the bench and a half fit Lukaku is the only inkling of hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Running at Chelsea players isn't working

40 minutes of Italian dark arts coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Faster we bring Lukaku / Martial on the better. We need a change

Not much in that young knew what he was doing.

Rashford must realise he is fùcking poison at dead balls?

Jesūs just sign Willian. We need a player who can take a free kick. We offer no threat if teams foul/concede a corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Faster we bring Lukaku / Martial on the better. We need a change

Is Lukaku fit?

That was better need to put more pressure on them. Push them back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement