Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

pjohnson wrote: »
    Exactly its a back up so not gunna be chasing a Cavani or similar. An aged Claudio Pizzaro filled the role at Chelsea. Rondon has proved a handful many times even if he couldnt score, obviously better around but couldn't think of someone willing to sign as a back up.

Scraping the barrel in fairness..He is nowhere near a United player..Keep posting positive thoughts tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    Also reports that Fellaini rejected our contract offer

Good. Hope he moves on and we find a quality replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bangkok wrote: »
    Good. Hope he moves on and we find a quality replacement

The two players you have been most vocal about in your criticism have been Fell and Lukaku. They are about the only two outfield players that looked like they gave a fcuk about winning when ever they played. If some of our "superstar" players had half as much application and desire to fight as those two players we wouldn't have lost yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

A failed winger that couldn't handle the prwssure of the 7 jersey, who was converted into a full-back for his safety first approach and whose captaincy is an indictment of the legends that went before him.

https://youtu.be/G2y8Sx4B2Sk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bar Romero we have no good cover for any position be that defence midfield or striker we spent most of the season trying out different formations and messing about with players out of their natural position. Rashford isn't ready to be put into the role of out and out striker if Lukaku is hurt we are lost.

We need a few forwards this summer and dare I say it a whole new defence and one or two veteran midfield players to shore up that area, we also need a Captain that can reliably control the way the team plays on the pitch during games. There is no flow to our passing during several games players drift about and get lost, big men like Smalling seem reluctant to get up for corners from the get go stop waiting until the middle of the 2nd half to start forming up and attacking go for it from the kick off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

The sad reality is that Pogba is a passenger. He needs to be shipped out, alongside Valencia, Fellaini, and Sanchez, to name but a few.

As others predicted, Sanchez is preventing the development of some of the younger players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Doesn't matter how many signings we make this summer. I think the day of exciting and attacking football at old Trafford will not be seen with mourinho in charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

The two players you have been most vocal about in your criticism have been Fell and Lukaku. They are about the only two outfield players that looked like they gave a fcuk about winning when ever they played. If some of our "superstar" players had half as much application and desire to fight as those two players we wouldn't have lost yesterday.

Dont forget about sanchez. He has been awful since we signed him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bangkok wrote: »
    Dont forget about sanchez. He has been awful since we signed him

As I've said about Sanchez from the get go, I won't judge him on being put into a team struggling for form mid season, next year he needs to ship up. As bad as he has been he does actually try though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just reading Mourinhos comments this morning. We didn’t bother to wait for his interview post match. Minute whistle went gone into the back garden and sun

Think he’s horribly embarrassed him there with that ****e talk and limp attempt as excuses.

Blaming Lukaku and putting out a little dangle to fans questioning his commitment.

Good job boss. Go ****ing annoy the one of like three players that haven’t turned to ****e under you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wait in a drunk state I got Talisca and Taison confused, who's Talisca again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

pjohnson wrote: »
    Wait in a drunk state I got Talisca and Taison confused, who's Talisca again?

Fellaini’s Replacement :D he’s 6”3

He’s an AM/Forward who plays for Besiktas, he’s on loan from Benfica but they have an option to buy for €23m. His stats are pretty decent for this season, something like 20 goals and a fair few assists too. He likes to drift out right too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

astradave wrote: »
    Fellaini’s Replacement :D he’s 6”3

He’s an AM/Forward who plays for Besiktas, he’s on loan from Benfica but they have an option to buy for €23m. His stats are pretty decent for this season, something like 20 goals and a fair few assists too. He likes to drift out right too.

Apparently he's very good at deadball situations too. Not just free kicks but corners as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Good to see the hyperbolic overdrive into full force....

Many saying an FA cup win wouldn’t Alter the perception of the season and waiting desperately to condemn Jose if they lost...

Have I problem with people being pissed off? Most certainly not, awful stuff and unnaceptable but not completely surprising givin the stop start performances we have seen.

I take issue with people saying “Jose signings” because I wouldn’t class Pogba or Sanchez players Jose would identify. Matic, Bailly and Lukaku are the obvious signings I would feel had Jose’s support. Strong characters who work hard for the team... I’m not writing Sanchez off yet by the way just making a point regarding who chooses players to purchase.

The club has been buying players for their marketing potential and it’s inerfering with success. I can’t get how some fans don’t see it, it’s so obvious. The clubs biggest problem is that there has been no obvious direction on the field because there is no clear plan at the club. It’s a clear direction off if (whore market every aspect of the club possible) but 3 years of a mish mash squad growth (youth, marketable players, no real plan) have left us relyin on Jose cause he definitely has an identifiable way of building squads. I would argue that it’s the club wanting trophy signings and people are pointing the finger at the wrong person.

With regards to next season the facts are irrefutable. United are best positioned to challange for the title. How you feel about their football or erratic results/performances doesn’t change that. The key thing is that Jose is allowed to bring in the players and characters he wants. Not the ones the club can market or exploit their twitter followers. Jose has won everything and been successful at every club he has gone to. Woodward has presided over 5 seasons of disappointment and been heavily involved in transfers to the club. The sooner most fans cop on an target the right issues at the club the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Great logic: ‘the signings under Jose that have been successful clearly have his support; those that don’t are clearly marketing gimmicks’. Why can’t people see that indeed!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Great logic: ‘the signings under Jose that have been successful clearly have his support; those that don’t are clearly marketing gimmicks’. Why can’t people see that indeed!

I never said that, but I’ve no problem if that’s how you want to misinterpret it.

Tbf I think going back to 4-2-3-1 would help us. Suited the majority of the squad far better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A thousand monkeys playing FIFA 18 manager mode one of them is bound to create the perfect ideal squad and formation for us somebody get this information to Ed asap, see you next thread this one was fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The sad reality is that Pogba is a passenger. He needs to be shipped out, alongside Valencia, Fellaini, and Sanchez, to name but a few.

As others predicted, Sanchez is preventing the development of some of the younger players.

Ok

We get it!

You don’t like Pogba

Can you change the record for a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Apparently he's very good at deadball situations too. Not just free kicks but corners as well.

Wasn’t Lindelof also ment to sort out our free kick issues? Don’t even think he’s taken one since he signed

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    The key thing is that Jose is allowed to bring in the players and characters he wants. Not the ones the club can market or exploit their twitter followers.

In a way, this is why I'm frustrated reading people bemoaning the Talisca links this morning.

He's not the biggest name (nor, btw, do I think he's being signed for the first team), but Jose has obviously identified him as a player to improve the squad overall. He's not the marketable name, but that nearly excites me a bit more cause he's being bought for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

MrMac84 wrote: »

Ok

We get it!

You don’t like Pogba

Can you change the record for a bit?

Pogba was the club’s record signing and turns in rubbish performance after rubbish performance. He is costing us dearly.

But from your rhetoric, you’d think that I’m having a moan about the quality of the meat pies at Old Trafford.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to focus on the worst signing (on a value basis) in the history of the club when things aren’t going particularly well. This is the club of the Busby Babes and we’re stuck with this guy who’s stealing a living. It is time for us to set aside funky haircuts and Twitter followers and throw this guy on to the scrapheap; and by that I mean find a way to trick PSG into paying big money for him.

He is a conman and a fraud at this level.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In a way, this is why I'm frustrated reading people bemoaning the Talisca links this morning.

He's not the biggest name (nor, btw, do I think he's being signed for the first team), but Jose has obviously identified him as a player to improve the squad overall. He's not the marketable name, but that nearly excites me a bit more cause he's being bought for a reason.

Yep. We have more than enough star names. We need consistent players now. Only star name worth chasing would be Alderweireld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

adox wrote: »

Do the club hand him another £150 million for an all or bust season next season only to hand the reigns to someone else the following season if it fails?

Despite our second place the club still feels like it’s in a mess. Jose has had two years to preside over shaping it and it looks miles off being where we would expectantly hope it to be.

I was actually more optimistic at the end of last season when we finished 6th than I am this season having finished second.

Totally concur with this.
    Last season brought a sense of optimism - of sorts. Two trophies, back in the Champions league and the promise of more signings to improve the squad.

We actually lost fewer games in the PL last year - only lost five times. It was the number of draws that held us back.
    Have to consider that Jose pretty much gave up on the league last year once we made it to the Europa League Semi Finals - so the last month of league games were played at about 50% with plenty of squad rotation.

In that context, this season has not been a progression.
    We're just 12 points better off. And 81 points would'nt secure 2nd place last year (Spurs finished with 86).
    Chelsea have been hugely inconsistent this season too. I think 2nd place flatters this team quite honestly.

Seven defeats is too many and the nature of some of the defeats in particular quite shocking....West Brom (at home!), Huddersfield, Brighton, Newcastle?

When was the last time United lost to all 3 promoted teams in the same season?? You cant throw away games like this and expect to challenge for the title.

We've also become extremely predictable.
    At least Ibra brought extra dimension to our play last year, the ability to produce a moment of magic to transform a game.
    We dont have that anymore.
    Sanchez has been poor....Martial looks lost....Rashford is regularly played out of position....Lukaku is effective only up to a point.

There's so much deadwood in this squad and so much improvement needed.:o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Books can and will be written on the football mistakes, policies, of how the football side of Manchester United was ran post SAF and Gill. It has a lot of errors.

United have very much turned into what the Glazer's wanted and once certain goals are met to meet financial terms they will be very happy. They have a huge brand/franchise. Business is great.

The shared economy of the premier league even saw United in 2nd get more money than City who batterred the league. But that is also the thing I expect they will be looking at over the next few years. Can they afford to get the football side wrong when success in your home stadium and in Europe is so important to keeping the brand strong?

Success at home allows a club like Barca to sell their product like a trip to Disney Land "come see out attractions (Messi, Suarez etc) as we win another home game". Even PSG can go down that route but actually have a Disney attraction near by! Can games like West Brom be allowed to keep happening at OT? I don't think so.

Success in Europe trumps all, as we see with Liverpool and Real who despite domestic results could yet have have huge seasons for their brand pending next weekend.

I know this is rambling but the football structures don't appear to be good enough for such a big "company".

Ask yourselves a question. If you were a football fan and didn't support one team in particular would you pay money to go and watch Utd since Ferguson left.apart from a handful of games at the start of this season my answer would be no. This is my biggest issue. They have totally ignored the way in which made Utd great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Christ you’d be sick of some supposed supporters on here and their constant moaning and bitching. If you can’t back us at our worst you don’t deserve to see us at our best... go glory hunt and support the beautiful football of Klopp and pep if that’s what ye want to see..

At the end the of the day Jose doesn’t kick a single ball on the pitch. The players collectively were terrible in the attacking third and if they were still there now they wouldn’t score. Jose can’t do anything about that.

Scholes and Ferdinand weren’t having a go yesterday at Jose.. and god knows they love having a pop.. time to start blaming the players for consistent failure to perform.

Martial sulked and slouched about the place, if he’s sold I’ll lose no sleep over it
    Herrera was pants and didn’t do the job he was assigned

I could go on but I’m sure I’ll be hammered by plenty for backing Jose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

With regards to next season the facts are irrefutable. United are best positioned to challange for the title..

Not according to the bookies who have Utd 3rd favourites behind Liverpool and City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

brinty wrote: »
    Christ you’d be sick of some supposed supporters on here and their constant moaning and bitching. If you can’t back us at our worst you don’t deserve to see us at our best... go glory hunt and support the beautiful football of Klopp and pep if that’s what ye want to see..

At the end the of the day Jose doesn’t kick a single ball on the pitch. The players collectively were terrible in the attacking third and if they were still there now they wouldn’t score. Jose can’t do anything about that.

Yes he can. It's his job.
    Martial sulked and slouched about the place, if he’s sold I’ll lose no sleep over it
    Herrera was pants and didn’t do the job he was assigned

He played for about 25 minutes and set up our best chance of the game.

• Advertisement

Ask yourselves a question. If you were a football fan and didn't support one team in particular would you pay money to go and watch Utd since Ferguson left.apart from a handful of games at the start of this season my answer would be no. This is my biggest issue. They have totally ignored the way in which made Utd great.

The owners are the problem, not the managers. The managers have done exactly what they have done for their careers... some people are far too quick to write off a proven manager and be happy that an unproven CEO continues to reside over the running of the club, without any question on their competency. How do I know Woodward is no good is the best defence people can make of him. I don’t know if he is any good at all but what I do know is that he has been the one consistent thing at the club since the decline begun and that we don’t know how much of a role he is playing in the clubs issues. That’s enough to ask
    The question.....

Who actually expected anything else from Jose’s brand of football? Hell, Madrid still play a counter attacking form of the Jose inspired strategy. You just need to watch the recent Barca v Madrid game to see the chalk and cheese brand each team is capable of playing. But Madrid have and had a tried and trusted transfer policy that any manager could work with. Quite simply, United have been making up their transfer strategy since they had to start running the football side of things when SAF and Gill left... the squad is not balanced or the same as taking over a top club that is comfortable with their strategy for a long time.

The fact that Jose is taking longer to impose his normal 2 season success on the club is an indictment of how badly the owners are at the football side of things. Any pleb can throw money at a problem , sure look at how long it took city to buy their way to the top. It does eventually work but united have only started this kind of spending in the last 3 seasons and even at that they aren’t spending the most!

Fans know that they can’t change the owners so instead prefer to blame the managers because it’s a change that’s realistic. Most united fans must have an underlying concern that the problem is actually more deep rooted then Jose.

Fans know that they can’t change the owners so instead prefer to blame the managers because it’s a change that’s realistic. Most united fans must have an underlying concern that the problem is actually more deep rooted then Jose.

So its the owners fault that a squad with Pogba, Lukaku, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford etc. loses repeatedly to poor sides like Huddersfield, Brighton, West Brom and Newcastle??

Don't you think thats stretching it a little??

We surely have enough talent to overcome these teams....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We were signing Talisca last night, Liverpool are signing him today.... according to Sky sources.

Not according to the bookies who have Utd 3rd favourites behind Liverpool and City.

Betting is as much based on sentiment as it is factual possibility.... one thing I will give Liverpool fans is their delusional over confidence in the team is consistently unwavering and that would be reflected in these kind of populist barometers.

If Liverpool lose the champions league final that could change the sentiments in the betting arena which is ridiculous. Liverpool are clearly a club better equipped for cup competitions as opposed to league success. Grinding out results, consistency in performances and protecting leads are most certainly not traits that can be leveled at Liverpool and that’s usually important for champions.

Whatever you think about united they have shown more consistency, do not look as capable of capitulating when winning and are more effective at winning ugly. People are confusing pretty football with effective football and are getting caught up on what they want to happen (Liverpool do better then united) as opposed to what is more likely to happen (United more consistent and effective).

United finished comfortably above Liverpool. Liverpool scraped a top 4 spot on the last day of the season. Getting further or winning in the champions league doesn’t change that fact. If united don’t make any FIFA18 superstar signings I would be more confident that Jose has gotten the players HE needs to get the team closer to the way HE feels he can get success. I trust Jose knows what kind of player he needs and that’s how I feel is the only fair way of judging him.

We were signing Talisca last night, Liverpool are signing him today.... according to Sky sources.

The Liverpool link seems to be a translation thing. The Besiktas manager said he would be a "rival" to Everton's Tosun, and the English journalists ran with rival in its more literal sense. The "credible" Turkish and Portuguese journalists are saying is us.

Zeek12 wrote: »
    So its the owners fault that a squad with Pogba, Lukaku, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford etc. loses repeatedly to poor sides like Huddersfield, Brighton, West Brom and Newcastle??

Don't you think thats stretching it a little??

We surely have enough talent to overcome these teams....

you can say that the manager has struggled to get the squad he has to perform well in games against weaker teams. But you can’t say with confidence that the mangager is the one who decided to sign all these players.

And critics of Jose are constantly changing The goalposts.. Before Christmas the issue was our record against top teams, now it’s the record against bottom clubs? People are choosing to latch onto any variable that suits how they feel about Jose.

For the record, In 2007 united won the league and dropped most their points against teams below 7th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

This is condescending utter nonsense.

The absolute cheek of you calling people glory hunters who aren’t happy with the football on display.

Pathetic.

you can say that the manager has struggled to get the squad he has to perform well in games against weaker teams. But you can’t say with confidence that the mangager is the one who decided to sign all these players.

And critics of Jose are constantly changing The goalposts.. Before Christmas the issue was our record against top teams, now it’s the record against bottom clubs? People are choosing to latch onto any variable that suits how they feel about Jose.

For the record, In 2007 united won the league and dropped most their points against teams below 7th!

Personally, I wouldn't complain too much about our record against top teams. We took four points off Liverpool. Beat City on their patch, and beat Spurs at home.

But losing to all three of the promoted teams is totally inexcusable - and there's no hiding from that.
    The book stops with the manager on this, he has more than enough talent at his disposal to dispose of these below-average sides.

And we also dropped points against Stoke and Southampton!

The owners are the problem, not the managers. The managers have done exactly what they have done for their careers... some people are far too quick to write off a proven manager and be happy that an unproven CEO continues to reside over the running of the club, without any question on their competency. How do I know Woodward is no good is the best defence people can make of him. I don’t know if he is any good at all but what I do know is that he has been the one consistent thing at the club since the decline begun and that we don’t know how much of a role he is playing in the clubs issues. That’s enough to ask
    The question.....

Who actually expected anything else from Jose’s brand of football? Hell, Madrid still play a counter attacking form of the Jose inspired strategy. You just need to watch the recent Barca v Madrid game to see the chalk and cheese brand each team is capable of playing. But Madrid have and had a tried and trusted transfer policy that any manager could work with. Quite simply, United have been making up their transfer strategy since they had to start running the football side of things when SAF and Gill left... the squad is not balanced or the same as taking over a top club that is comfortable with their strategy for a long time.

The fact that Jose is taking longer to impose his normal 2 season success on the club is an indictment of how badly the owners are at the football side of things. Any pleb can throw money at a problem , sure look at how long it took city to buy their way to the top. It does eventually work but united have only started this kind of spending in the last 3 seasons and even at that they aren’t spending the most!

Agree totally Woodward is a disaster compared to gill.owners are only interested in the money side of things only but a lot of the tactics in some games this year were diabolical on mourinhos behalf the Liverpool game for instance. Also whoever's to blame for moral I have never seen a more unhappy and dejected looking Utd team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The absolute cheek of you calling people glory hunters who aren’t happy with the football on display.

Pathetic.
    Such comments are becoming more common here. If you have a problem with Jose or the football he has the team playing you don't understand football and aren't a real fan. But don't take it as an attack, it's just you're not smart enough to understand.

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't complain too much about our record against top teams. We took four points off Liverpool. Beat City on their patch, and beat Spurs at home.

But losing to all three of the promoted teams is totally inexcusable - and there's no hiding from that.
    The book stops with the manager on this, he has more than enough talent at his disposal to dispose of these below-average sides.

And we also dropped points against Stoke and Southampton!

My point was that people are selectively changing what they are upset about with Jose as the season progresses. Before Christmas it was top 6 perfomance and when that improved it was Lower teams performance. Like I said united won the league when they dropped most their points against poor teams. I don’t think your post is a concern at all to be honest especially if you look at how poorly most top teams have been the last month against teams they shoulda be beating. Klopp and Poch struggled to get their sides hyped up for the last 8 of so league games as their performances weren’t exactly inspiring so Jose is not alone on that.

The consistent narrative is style of football and the awful performances which I think everybody agrees on. The area that splits opinion is whether or not there are signs of progress or something to make us feel that good things are on the horizon.

Finishing comfortably second is a fact. It’s a fact that this is the best finishing position since SAF retired. It’s a fact that this is an improvement on our league standing last season. These are positives. They don’t mean everything else is irrelevant but they are positives that should be awknowledged when discussing Jose’s progress.

• Advertisement

Such comments are becoming more common here. If you have a problem with Jose or the football he has the team playing you don't understand football and aren't a real fan. But don't take it as an attack, it's just you're not smart enough to understand.

If you compare Mourinho's performance unfavourably to how Klopp and Pep are managing their teams it also means you're a closet City/Pool fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Our football is absolute ****e and thats the Coach's problem and fault not Woodwards or the Glaziers
    We have no offensive game plan. Herrera and Lingard spent most of the game man marking Hazard and Kante. Our only threat looked like coming from a set piece.
    This is Manchester United not Wimbledon. Get in a proper manager whose philosophy is on good entertaining football before the fans start disappearing. The current tactics are completely outdated as is our manager

My point was that people are selectively changing what they are upset about with Jose as the season progresses. Before Christmas it was top 6 perfomance and when that improved it was Lower teams performance. Like I said united won the league when they dropped most their points against poor teams. I don’t think your post is a concern at all to be honest especially if you look at how poorly most top teams have been the last month against teams they shoulda be beating. Klopp and Poch struggled to get their sides hyped up for the last 8 of so league games as their performances weren’t exactly inspiring so Jose is not alone on that.

That's obviously because the results against these sides are changing also.

If you compare Mourinho's performance unfavourably to how Klopp and Pep are managing their teams it also means you're a closet City/Pool fan.

I love the way you say this like the attack’s on Jose are objectively balanced....

Your comments show you are incapable of actually engaging people on the topic of Jose. You have your opinions and close conversations off by acting like victims because people challange you.

I’m not sure who has said Jose has been perfect or that team performances had been all positive. It seems with you guys you can only hate Jose or love him, those of us in between are somehow passively aggressive to your views....

It seems with you guys you can only hate Jose or love him, those of us in between are somehow passively aggressive to your views....

Tbh, this has been an issue in this thread for years. Everything operates on a binary, either "class" or "disaster". There's zero room for a spectrum....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I love the way you say this like the attack’s on Jose are objectively balanced....

Your comments show you are incapable of actually engaging people on the topic of Jose. You have your opinions and close conversations off by acting like victims because people challange you.

I’m not sure who has said Jose has been perfect or that team performances had been all positive. It seems with you guys you can only hate Jose or love him, those of us in between are somehow passively aggressive to your views....
    Would you ever feck off with this Narative. I've proven more than willing to discuss my issues, at length.

When I've shown annoyance is when I get attacked (and that is accurate) for pointing to results and performances vs Seville, West brom and others cause "oh look, bringing up Seville again, just like I said you would"

I was the one in here calling for Jose the most, so don't paint me as a simple Jose hater. Engage in the actual discussion based on the actual points raised and stop saying I just look to shut down any counter debate cause it is simply a lie and I'm fed up of your deliberate misrepresentation of my position and opinion.

What a load of sh*t. I'll happily engage in a debate on Jose. It's the other side that will close off conversations by just suggesting I or others are secretly Pep/Klopp fanboys. Just look at Brinty's post above. Or else we'll just get told by LordTSC that we finished 2nd so that's progress or told by you that City spent 30% more than us so we can't expect any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm still on the fence with Jose,yes there's been an improvement in league position and trophies but as I said yesterday since Ferguson retired we've had 3 managers who seem more concerned with nullifying the opposition instead of imposing our game on them.
    I still think there are certain players that Jose doesn't trust and as a result will continue to play this conservative style,its a bit like the ROI team,the manager doesn't trust the footballing ability of the players so imposes his own style on them. Not pretty but generally effective.
    Next season is make or break for Jose,the conservative style will have to change or even us that are willing to wait will lose patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Pathetic.

I agree.. while I don’t necessarily agree with some of the posts directed at Jose, there is many many well thought out posts and I respect those opinions and wouldn’t even dream of dismissing them. Calling people Glory hunters because they want the best for the team they follow is pretty much a bull**** arguement.

I think most people agree nowadays that the football must improve next season or it’s out the door for Jose, there are also posters who want him out now, but I don’t think that will happen at all. This is were discussion is key and both sides should be able to air their opinions without the need for people belittling them by calling them glory hunters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I can't wait for Mourinho to get sacked. The intensity of head scratching when the likes of Pogba and Shaw continue to under perform for the new manager could be harnessed to power several third world countries.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement