Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Zlatan booked a page in the local L.A. newspaper

FB_IMG_1521816446053.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jayo26 wrote: »
    Zlatan booked a page in the local L.A. newspaper

FB_IMG_1521816446053.jpg

Zerked

Ibrahimovic would have had a good career at united only for that injury.I doubt Lukaku would have been signed had Zlatan not incurred the injury.

Mad to think lukaku is pretty much on paar to where zlatan was last season at this stage.

I think zlatan had a really special aura about him and no doubt that is missing from the team this year but I think lukaku brings more to the team but the team ain't bringing enough to him.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Zerked

I post a picture tho not some half assed Twitter post that I didn't see :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Never liked him anyway ;(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Who called that deal first in terms of journos? Remember reading about it being at an advanced stage a little while ago and that united were willing to cancel his contract to facilitate the move.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Never liked him anyway ;(

Cheer up Jayo!

He did his part for us, after that injury there was very little left for him with us.

On the plus Lukaku is firmly becoming a fan favourite and has many years left in him!

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Cheer up Jayo!

He did his part for us, after that injury there was very little left for him with us.

On the plus Lukaku is firmly becoming a fan favourite and has many years left in him!

To be honest I miss his interviews more the anything haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He's gone from United now so I can go back to thinking he's a gowl again.

His whole persona seems to be rehashing those Chuck Norris jokes that were popular 10 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

J. Marston wrote: »
    His whole persona seems to be rehashing those Chuck Norris jokes that were popular 10 years ago.

You say it like it's a bad thing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lingard scores for England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Not much United stuff on the back pages except for this. John Cross reporting Bale will leave if Zizu stays

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/977310812346966016?s=21

Great to see Jessie doing well for England too would love for him to make an impact at the world cup he deserves it and could be the making of him.

"De Gea has privately asked to leave after talking to Madrid"....... mustn't have been that private a conversation if The Star were reporting it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I presume the rumors suggesting United will go for Neymar are Bollox. Asides from the fact there is little evidence the club would spend over 200mil on one player the question has to be asked as to whether or not Neymar (or Bale ) is what the team needs.

I’m not saying Neymar wouldn’t be a superb addition but would there be any budget left to fix the areas we clearly need reinforcements? I’d also be a bit concerned that he’s not exactly a team player but that’s just a minor issue.

If we got 4-5 top first team players (CB, CM, RM, FB) I would be happier then signing one top player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Drumpot wrote: »
    I presume the rumors suggesting United will go for Neymar are Bollox. Asides from the fact there is little evidence the club would spend over 200mil on one player the question has to be asked as to whether or not Neymar (or Bale ) is what the team needs.

I’m not saying Neymar wouldn’t be a superb addition but would there be any budget left to fix the areas we clearly need reinforcements? I’d also be a bit concerned that he’s not exactly a team player but that’s just a minor issue.

If we got 4-5 top first team players (CB, CM, RM, FB) I would be happier then signing one top player.

I could see City going for him. They don't need major numbers added this summer so might be looking to add a big name or two instead.

"De Gea has privately asked to leave after talking to Madrid"....... mustn't have been that private a conversation if The Star were reporting it. ;)

So if he talked to Madrid.. report them to UEFA and ignore them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

astradave wrote: »
    So if he talked to Madrid.. report them to UEFA and ignore them

Don’t think the “tapping up” stuff applies to non English clubs.

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »

No club football to report on. Check.De Gea off with the Spanish team. Check. Print a click bait article. Check. Zero sources. Check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

He’s been United’s best and most consistent performer for the last few seasons. He’s been world class. He’s prob on half the wages of our highest earner.

Unless the club has tried and he didn’t want to sign ( no indication) I would be asking why he wasn’t given a bumper payrise. It doesn’t matter that he can have his contract extended to 2020, he deserves to be highly paid in comparison to top earners. It also doesn’t matter he is a keeper who are usually not valued as high, he’s arguably the best in his field.

Even if this is click bait, why is he not being tied down and given higer wages that would turn off Madrid?

GSPfan wrote: »

Pretty certain it’s a FIFA rule but the FA have additional disciplinary measures on top.. it’s proving it that’s the problem. Everything is usually done thru Reps and agents, and guess who is DeGea’s agent... none other than Jorge Mendes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

De gea made some unbelievable saves last night in the spain germany match.

Best keeper in the world by a long way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Drumpot wrote: »

Neymar plays same position as rashford, martial and Sanchez. I think all 3 of those could play in other positions but Jose doesn't seem to Agree so why spend 200million to just create another squad problem?

Also gave to feel if we wanted him at that price point we'd have gone for him last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

bangkok wrote: »
    De gea made some unbelievable saves last night in the spain germany match.

Best keeper in the world by a long way
    I disagree. He's the best shot stopper in the world but in terms of presence and command of his area I think he falls short. Overall I think the German is the best.
    I really like De Gea and think he's up there with the best we've had at United, and every goalkeeper has their own style and way of getting the job done. But I would like to see him being a bit braver to come of his line. He seems very hesitant to take risks, which is ok, he can avoid making complete howlers that way, but for me he's just too conservative at times. Take the Liverpool game for example, I remember a moment where I think it was Young trying to guide the ball back to De Gea along the end line but he just flatly refused to come out even though he certainly would have got there ahead of any Liverpool player. Young had to give away a corner in the end. 
    There are also goals like, against City where players are taking shots from really close range where I feel he could do more to intervene beforehand.
    He could improve in my opinion, even though he is fantastic already.

• Advertisement

Neymar plays same position as rashford, martial and Sanchez. I think all 3 of those could play in other positions but Jose doesn't seem to Agree so why spend 200million to just create another squad problem?

Also gave to feel if we wanted him at that price point we'd have gone for him last summer.

Didn't Neymar's camp not say we did go for him two summers ago, but he backed out at the last second.

Actually, found the story...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-made-145million-neymar-7312263

Manchester United made a colossal £145million bid for Neymar last summer. (2016)

That is the claim made by the Brazilian's father, who says the Red Devils were prepared to pay a world-record fee for his son's services before this season.

Neymar Snr said earlier this week that one side had attempted to activate the forward's Barcelona buyout clause.

He now insists that that club was Manchester United, who have long been linked with a move for the former Santos star.

Not to say we'd take him now, given we have so many LW players as you said (mind, I'd still not be surprised if Martial moved on in the summer....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If Spain win the World Cup I could see him being swept up in the post glory crazy show and signing for Real, there are a few keepers constantly linked with Real now with DDG and Courtois being the predominant English based ones with DeGea having the Spanish number 1 tag being the difference, it will be interesting to see how he handles Messi on Tuesday when Spain play Argentina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hopefully if Chelsea fall short of top 4 Tibor will push for a move and put the DDG question to bed for the next number of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Tibo form has dropped considerably though. I also agree there are aspects regarding sweeping and crosses that De Gea should improve on.

I disagree. He's the best shot stopper in the world but in terms of presence and command of his area I think he falls short. Overall I think the German is the best.
    I really like De Gea and think he's up there with the best we've had at United, and every goalkeeper has their own style and way of getting the job done. But I would like to see him being a bit braver to come of his line. He seems very hesitant to take risks, which is ok, he can avoid making complete howlers that way, but for me he's just too conservative at times. Take the Liverpool game for example, I remember a moment where I think it was Young trying to guide the ball back to De Gea along the end line but he just flatly refused to come out even though he certainly would have got there ahead of any Liverpool player. Young had to give away a corner in the end. 
    There are also goals like, against City where players are taking shots from really close range where I feel he could do more to intervene beforehand.

if Neuer was actually playing this season you could say he is, but he has been injured all season and de gea has yet again been the stand out keeper in world football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Funny how we're on the topic of GKs and The Man Utd youtube channel just uploaded this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Your two CB's have a big part to play when your a keeper imo. The best keepers going have at least one quality CB in front of them that can control the backline. Rio & Vidic for VDSar, Chillieni & Barzagli for Buffon, Puyol & Pique for Valdes, etc
    De Gea is missing that now, bar his first few seasons with us with Rio & Vidic, he could use some quality assuarance in front him.
    If jones could keep fit, himself and bailly would be a brilliant pairing

I think it's time to accept Jones is simply never going to "keep fit" for any length of time which is a shame. He played well this year but you always have it in the back of your head he must be due an injury

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I think it's time to accept Jones is simply never going to "keep fit" for any length of time which is a shame. He played well this year but you always have it in the back of your head he must be due an injury

Yeah would agree with you about that. I think a CB should be bought to be first choice and a long term partner with Bailly.

if Neuer was actually playing this season you could say he is, but he has been injured all season and de gea has yet again been the stand out keeper in world football

You can't proclaim pogba to be one of the world due to pass glories and discount Neur as being the best for being injured this season

You can't proclaim pogba to be one of the world due to pass glories and discount Neur as being the best for being injured this season

One of the best who is out of form. This season he is no where near being one of the best in the world.

On current form, picking a world best 11 de gea is the keeper who plays

One of the best who is out of form. This season he is no where near being one of the best in the world.

On current form, picking a world best 11 de gea is the keeper who plays

Of course Neur wouldnt play he is injured

:pac:

Stories out of Germany that Tuchel has turned down Bayern as he's gotten and agreement to join an English club......Cue the "Jose to PSG, Tuchel to United" stories in the English red tops soon.

More papers Sh1te, the s*n saying that Pogba and Jose aren't talking and Rui Faria acts as intermediary.
    The mirror saying the club will sell him to find moves for Veratti, Kroos,Varane,Marquihnoss and Sandro.
    Some real fantasy writing there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Big spending clubs are defined not by the big transfers but by the money they can afford to waste.

Pogba going out, stacks of money spent on others, is an easy story to write since United are so good at the wasting of money.

The volume of clicks for writing about United makes it a must to have sensational United content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Since the Sevilla match ive been trying my best to avoid this place but from what i have seen there has been some utter ****e thrown around......

Cant wait till the next league match so we can get a good result and just move on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

What's this.

A load of rubbish in the papers during an international break.

So rare.

Since the Sevilla match ive been trying my best to avoid this place but from what i have seen there has been some utter ****e thrown around......

Cant wait till the next league match so we can get a good result and just move on!!

This place is like the rag news papers but no page 3 and horoscopes.

This place is like the rag news papers but no page 3 and horoscopes.

Watch Brinty burst through the door now :D

Next weekend can’t come quick enough. The only thing to talk about is stories in the Red tops with no sources.

Was nice to see Jose at the Scotland game there the other night for McTominays debut, was Tierney playing? Might have been a scouting opportunity

Stories out of Germany that Tuchel has turned down Bayern as he's gotten and agreement to join an English club......Cue the "Jose to PSG, Tuchel to United" stories in the English red tops soon.

Would he not be going to Arsenal?

Would he not be going to Arsenal?

Or Chelsea. There was a lot of chatter about Conte to PSG yesterday, especially since Meuiner said PSG will have a new manager next season.

Also saw Elseid Hysaj's agent has said there's a top 4 club in England willing to pay his €50m release clause. He's a RB and its overspending, so I'd expect suspicions of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Since last Oct we've been pretty gank... but sure were are still second in the table,

secman wrote: »
    Since last Oct we've been pretty gank... but sure were are still second in the table,

Just goes to show how bad the rest of the league are doing I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Just goes to show how bad the rest of the league are doing I suppose.

And the relevance of that is ....exactly what....excuses us playing gank football., excuses the tactics home and away against Seville, excuses not getting best from the squad. ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement