Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Martial really needs to do better

We are ripe for a whopping :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

Not a very inspiring opening 20minutes. Little or no threat, lack of urgency, little or no imagination or off the ball movement.

If we get knocked out of anthoer cup off the back of another terrible performance things will start getting very nasty foe Jose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

McT has done well so far, everyone else unremarkable.

Matic very deep he's getting involved in most moves shaw very much alive out on the wing too

Good job Romero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I’m not surprised they look nervy. I would say confidence isn’t sky high and this is really the last thing worth playing for this season. Pressure is on, like it was against Seville.

That was an epic shot of DeGea on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Thought the mata and Martial move deaerved a goal

• Advertisement

Great give and go move more needed to break through

Legend.

Yes

Yay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

:)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Excellent

• Advertisement

Now get 8 more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

Scott is havimg a great game.

If we delivery quality balls into the box lukaku will score for fun. Our final ball into the striker has been far too poor far too often.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whatever else happens, my faith and love in Lukaku will remain steadfast. Adore him so much.

Need another goal for insurance slog of a game so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Whatever else happens, my faith and love in Lukaku will remain steadfast. Adore him so much.

Just the 25 so far.

Who knows how many he'll get should ever reach good enough to play for united.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

I love Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lovely goal but the same problems remain. So passive when not in possession.

Hoping for a nice early goal in the second half to hopefully settle them down.

The shot of De Gea on the bench was epic.

Hmmmm....first I'm I didn't care, now it's been mentioned again I really wanna see this **** of de gea :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Hmmmm....first I'm I didn't care, now it's been mentioned again I really wanna see this **** of de gea :)

https://twitter.com/ManUtd_HQ/status/975105613402464256

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shaw off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    That wee video before the first goal against Seville on BT summed up the problem... Ken Early's been banging on about it for ages, and to be honest I thought he was being overblown, but it does seem clear that defenders are just not allowed to pass the ball into centre midfield. Jose himself has said he doesn't want this type of pass multiple times in the media. But sacrificing that big an aspect of play just makes everyone uncomfortable, as Pogba and Sanchez have been.

Smalling passing the ball to a midfield player is not a god idea. Any time he actually passes to the right team they will be under pressure.

Pogba is uncomfortable defending, he has no problem taking the ball in generally and struggles on the ball lately would be due to injury.

You are right about Sanchez though. I still think Jose wanted Pogba in a two to get him close to people like Smalling so he would get the ball moving forward.

Anyway, thank god for Lukaku and the bit of spark we get from Martial and Mata linking up.

Shaw was good in first half I thought

I love that. It’s suggested to Scholes that performance should matter after Tuesday and he says “Does it really? A little bit I suppose, yeh you want a good performance especially after the other night but the most important thing tonight is to get into the semi final”.

Shaw was good in first half I thought

Martial was getting ganged up on, three on one, constantly and without support. Shaw wasn't offering that support going forward imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

So we’re comfortably passing the ball around our own half, and then for some reason there’s a deep long ball played. There’s absolutely no pressure and loads of other viable passes to make. This is Brighton and Hove Albion we’re playing. Shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The hell was that? Bailly and Valencia just stood there and let him line up a shot on the edge of the box.

Brighton defense formation is impressive they're getting grouped in with serious organization

Romero with another great save

We just seem way too lazy, as of 1-0 is enough.

Great save from Romero, but shocking header from Valencia.

How the hell does Romero stay that sharp.

So many wayward passes again.

I'm sure Sanchez is responsible somehow.

Doesn’t seem to be any risk takers out there, need Pogba or Sanchez on even if they are out of form

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭KH25

Valencia is so frustrating. Dithering on the ball so much instead of crossing or taking his man on.

• Advertisement

Need some Rashford creativity

Martial off soon, Pogba Fellaini or Rashford

Getting boxed in here some passage of play by Brighton

Didn't Mike get a whack in the junk midweek too?

Ouch.

I don’t think united fans help the team. Sitting back quietly and waiting for everything to go our way or to be entertained. Then putting the team under more pressure with “attack attack attack” even when the team is struggling to get into a game. It just piles more pressure on the team and serves no positive purpose in galvanizing the players.

It’s one thing believing that we should be playing better football, but I don’t understand the logic of putting your own team under more pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Seriously, Jose make a fcuking change. Being outplayed here

• Advertisement

Martial off soon, Pogba Fellaini or Rashford

Not sure if trolling or...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

This is boring and it’s still in the balance.

Reactionary

Why Mata ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Drumpot wrote: »
    I don’t think united fans help the team. Sitting back quietly and waiting for everything to go our way or to be entertained. Then putting the team under more pressure with “attack attack attack” even when the team is struggling to get into a game. It just piles more pressure on the team and serves no positive purpose in galvanizing the players.

It’s one thing believing that we should be playing better football, but I don’t understand the logic of putting your own team under more pressure.

It's a wider issue than just United fans. 15-20 years ago fans paid to support the team. Now fans pay to be entertained. The atmosphere at every ground has taken a knock in recent times. Intimidating grounds like Upton Park are gone and the local fans to an area are really being priced out of games.

Tbh you might aswell get used to it because nothing will change unfortunately

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement