Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It's all well and good losing a final but unless it's a final on a grand stage then there's no point.

A proper stuffing, that's what really matters, extra breadcrumbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Agreed.

But when you go in for a dig when feelings are at their rawest, you cant complain when you get some **** for it.

If u go in being a wanker looking for hassle grand but again I taught it was nothing major. I've seen plenty thrown at people in here and in other threads but didn't respond by calling people ***** or excuse for human beings etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

That would be thanx 4 the fish.

We know the jazz.

No wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

So it's okay for Liverpool fans to come in here to rubbish and question Mourinho constantly

Oh do you think he's doing a good job considering the squad he has, the money he has spent and the type of football he plays.. two or 3 managers would have won the league with the squad you have..

The real question is are you actually entertained watching your team considering the amount of time you put into watching your team play or do you watch/follow football just to hear your team winning a trophy so you can brag or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTa5Mxn7tlLN6iYEZIBffXmwN21mAqkCXRqwuVsbInHfezYYfIxNA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

mada999 wrote: »
    Oh do you think he's doing a good job considering the squad he has, the money he has spent and the type of football he plays.. two or 3 managers would have won the league with the squad you have..

The real question is are you actually entertained watching your team considering the amount of time you put into watching your team play or do you watch/follow football just to hear your team winning a trophy so you can brag or something like that?

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, are we ready for the influx of Ronaldo and Bale rumours that will be starting up today, after their statements after last nights match?

I think Ronaldo is probably going to end up in Paris with Neymar the other direction, but think there'll be plenty of legs on the Bale stories.

• Let's be fair. They went into the Liverpool thread looking to rise people and they did. They got their reaction and are utterly delighted with it, boasting about it. This forum (all threads included) is becoming a point scoring ****house.

No I didn't.

Do these scenarios get made up in the head or something.

Go read the Liverpool thread and come back to me with the facts if you're going to post this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So, are we ready for the influx of Ronaldo and Bale rumours that will be starting up today, after their statements after last nights match?

I think Ronaldo is probably going to end up in Paris with Neymar the other direction, but think there'll be plenty of legs on the Bale stories.
    I'm hoping I don't have to see Bale in a competitive shirt for a very long time after last night. Ye can have the other bloke.....he was surprisingly quiet last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    They need some sort of win I suppose
    It's ****e form IMO, complete overreaction

I've only made a tit of myself last week as I was upset Ud lost and very drunk but I apologized

However I wasn't going around screaming for mods to get the boot and hurling abuse at posters like **** this and prick that

As always they need someone else to blame, Ramos, Karius, Madrid's spending power, anyone but themselves really.
    This is supplemented by major deflection, attack rival posters & mods, a huge dose of whattaboutery and this new barrel scraping trend of screenshots of any imagined slights on them and their team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm going to need a bigger cup of tea to get through that thread

Has anyone checked on niallo?

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'm going to need a bigger cup of tea to get through that thread

Best brew a pot so.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's all about the Journey lads.

How lucky were those lads that could not go over those flights been cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Let's be fair. They went into the Liverpool thread looking to rise people and they did. They got their reaction and are utterly delighted with it, boasting about it. This forum (all threads included) is becoming a point scoring ****house.

Who was looking for a reaction and moreso who’s boasting?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lord TSC wrote: »

The replacements or new players for Real will be interesting. Starting the exact same team two finals in a row is amazing but they will need to add to the team. Hard thing to get right but some teams will be worried about Real calling star players.

It is bad news for other clubs on the look out for attackers. Real are the last club you want to be in competition with for major signings and prices could be pushed up again.

Would like to apologise to Liverpool fans now though.

When ye said 6 times I thought it was meant the amount of European Cups ye won.

It's actually the amount of finals Klopp lost in a row.

Sorry for taking it up wrong way

And not catching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Sergio Ramos is emerging as the villain for the Anfield faithful; apparently he can break collarbones/shoulders on demand!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

What a relief ! God that feels good this morning !

It's all about the Journey lads.

How lucky were those lads that could not go over those flights been cancelled.

Must have been Karius Air they booked the flights on but couldn't catch

• Advertisement

Sergio Ramos is emerging as the villain for the Anfield faithful; apparently he can break collarbones/shoulders on demand!

Heard he’s next in line to fight McGregor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Heard he’s next in line to fight McGregor

He's already injured McGregor I heard.

Reading the Liverpool thread makes me happy to be a part of this thread and it’s group of contributors. I’m 100% confident that as a collective, we would never stoop as low as the level of vitriol and downright disgusting classlessness that’s on show there since last night.

No matter how painful a defeat can feel, there’s no excuse for sinking to that level. And it’s not just one or two. Nasty stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That spice box from apache was gorgeous last night it hit the right spot.

• Reading the Liverpool thread makes me happy to be a part of this thread and it’s group of contributors. I’m 100% confident that as a collective, we would never stoop as low as the level of vitriol and downright disgusting classlessness that’s on show there since last night.

No matter how painful a defeat can feel, there’s no excuse for sinking to that level. And it’s not just one or two. Nasty stuff altogether.

It's interesting as clear red cards are turning into yellows.
    In the charter personal abuse is a red.
    It's free reign to hurl abuse at the moment.

Embarrassing behaviour. It's just a game of football ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They are turning on each other this morning. Anyone who tries to make a kick of sense is being called names.
    They cannot accept that Madrid out thought them. Let Liverpool run around like maniacs for half an hour and then when that doesn't work they don't have a plan B.

Reading the Liverpool thread makes me happy to be a part of this thread and it’s group of contributors. I’m 100% confident that as a collective, we would never stoop as low as the level of vitriol and downright disgusting classlessness that’s on show there since last night.

Ya reading how emotional they are taking the loss im thrilled they didnt win as this place would have been septic to read if they had.

jayo26 wrote: »
    That spice box from apache was gorgeous last night it hit the right spot.

Was the pineapple pizza all gone? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They are turning on each other this morning. Anyone who tries to make a kick of sense is being called names.
    They cannot accept that Madrid out thought them. Let Liverpool run around like maniacs for half an hour and then when that doesn't work they don't have a plan B.

Been saying this for months. Teams who are arrogant try to outplay Pool, and don't work on just countering them. They only have one style of football, and if you neutralise it, they struggle. They got to the finals cause they kept facing teams who arrogantly thought "we will outplay them our way".

It was even more evident when Salah went off. They play good football once they are allowed to, but when they come up against a manager willing to adapt against them, they don't have a clue what to do.

Some of it went beyond the pale. You can bet your life that if you told anyone that dished out the abuse to feck off you'd get the ban.
    But apparently we are all pricks because the highlight of our season is laughing at Liverpool lose on the biggest night their club had in years.

• Advertisement

Ya reading how emotional they are taking the loss im thrilled they didnt win as this place would have been septic to read if they had.

Definitely, they are worse winners than they are sore losers.

Or so the history books say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Some of the posts over there are a parody of the typical Liverpool fan.

Recommend you report all these straight reds and quote the rule they broke M!Ck and let the mods follow up. Been a mental 14/15 hours and short staffed

• MrMac84 wrote: »
    Recommend you report all these straight reds and quote the rule they broke M!Ck and let the mods follow up. Been a mental 14/15 hours and short staffed

Fair enough;

Here's the extract from the Charter.

2. Major Offence (see list) will result in a red card infraction. A red card infraction will count as two yellow cards for the purpose of point 3 below.

Major Offences (including but not limited to):
    Blatant or deliberate breach of charter.
    Misuse of tagging system
    Abuse of users.
    Flaming
    Trolling
    Breaking a boards.ie rule

Fair enough;

Sorry, didn’t mean here. Report the post and put the rule in the box under. This isn’t the place for it

• MrMac84 wrote: »
    Sorry, didn’t mean here. Report the post and put the rule in the box under. This isn’t the place for it

Ok thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

It's no wonder there's a free for all in there. Hard to know what's acceptable to type when you see what the moderator of the Liverpool forum is throwing in there.

https://twitter.com/ankdh15/status/1000489213492649989

"I think we should see that goal again"

Gerrard, "I don't want to".

:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Whenever people say boards is declining or gone crap, they only need to experience the Liverpool thread last 15 hours.

Top class entertainment.

Now bring on the world cup and signings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I’m amazed the thread wasn’t locked. It was a free for all.

There are probably at least a dozen posts I could report there but as I don’t contribute to the thread it wouldn’t feel right starting to report people as an occasional lurker of the thread.

I honestly can’t remember seeing a thread so out of control and staying open.

Some of it went beyond the pale. You can bet your life that if you told anyone that dished out the abuse to feck off you'd get the ban.
    But apparently we are all pricks because the highlight of our season is laughing at Liverpool lose on the biggest night their club had in years.

Most Liverpool lads are good eggs I feel for them.

It's the lads who mock United all season(which I have no problem with) and then cry like a baby when dirt comes back.

I laugh hard this morning

adox wrote: »
    I’m amazed the thread wasn’t locked. It was a free for all.

There are probably at least a dozen posts I could report there but as I don’t contribute to the thread it wouldn’t feel right starting to report people as an occasional lurker of the thread.

I honestly can’t remember seeing a thread so out of control and staying open.

I don’t post there at all but f*ck it. The nasty ones needed reporting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement