Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Liam O, I accept your apology.

Not been smart here but you need to read posts properly.

Liam o didn't actually apologies to you and there was no need to either.

If you took offence to what he said originally that's your own problem he was discussing a legitimate observation and has no need to apologise to you so accept whatever you want but follow the thread properly before getting yourself worked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

jayo26 wrote: »
    Liam O, I accept your apology.

Not been smart here but you need to read posts properly.

Liam o didn't actually apologies to you and there was no need to either.

If you took offence to what he said originally that's your own problem he was discussing a legitimate observation and has no need to apologise to you so accept whatever you want but follow the thread properly before getting yourself worked up.

I read the post properly and your contribution above is as ridiculous as it is disgraceful. Please keep out of serious discussions if you cannot understand what is going on. I made a point about Paul Pogba and then race was introduced. As a broader point, the average IQ of contributors to the Soccer Forum does seems low, but then I guess that’s a function of football fans generally. I find your attitude and the attitude of many others appalling quite frankly. This seems to be a Man United love-in where unless you’re naively drinking the Kool-Aid, you’re marginalised. It’s implied that I’m a racist and nothing is done about it...surprise surprise, Club Lord TSC etc and a general fear of lively debate.

Laughable.

When will the Mods do something about the passive aggressive stuff that goes on all over these pages?

Why wasn’t a ban dished out for inferring that another poster’s criticism of Paul Pogba was racially based?

Why are little clubs allowed to cheerlead each other?

It’s like Fox News! The likes of Lord TSC tells people what to think and lesser minds follow like sheep.

Disgraceful...you’re no more Man United fans than the man in the moon!

Thats Man UTD boards for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

I read the post properly and your contribution above is as ridiculous as it is disgraceful. Please keep out of serious discussions if you cannot understand what is going on. I made a point about Paul Pogba and then race was introduced. As a broader point, the average IQ of contributors to the Soccer Forum does seems low, but then I guess that’s a function of football fans generally. I find your attitude and the attitude of many others appalling quite frankly. This seems to be a Man United love-in where unless you’re naively drinking the Kool-Aid, you’re marginalised. It’s implied that I’m a racist and nothing is done about it...surprise surprise, Club Lord TSC etc and a general fear of lively debate.

Laughable.

While I agree that jayo's response wasn't necessary, your over-generalisation's and self-centred incredulity is simply going to unite others against you and "vindicate" those sweeping statements you just made.

Liam O apologised, but I think his response was fair. He didn't actually call you racist, simply drew attention to something that in certain circumstances implies racism, and apologised for any offence it may have caused you. You have accepted that. Well done to both of you.

That you have decided that people's reaction here are because of some "Kool-Aid" that anyone who reads or contibutes (even rarely, as in my case) is sipping here is waffle.

If you want lively debate, engage in it instead of loudly playing your violin of perceived victimhood. You made a statement that others have strongly disagreed with and have done nothing to substantiate your opinion.

I am disinclined to get involved in debates on a players ability, or intellect, or anything like that. I'll leave others do that. I involved myself as accusations of racism against you were grossly unfair and unnecessary, but your response has been equally OTT, aggressive and unnecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Neil and Buzz were big United fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What kind of fúcking car crash is going on here??

Extraordinary ad hominem passive aggressive madness as usual.

Anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the view that all United players are great is bullied.

Inferences of racism ignored.

A victim of a scurrilous accusation of racism is made to feel like a villain.

Logic fallacies and bullying...the Boards.ie Man United thread way.

Incredible...an astonishing bunch of people.

I won’t be posting again; I wish some of you well.

pjohnson wrote: »

Double pivots failed on the car resulting in a crash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

One even Richard Hammond is afraid of

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And a day early for the crucifixion

paulbok wrote: »
    And a day early for the crucifixion

We need the fixtures to hurry up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Bet you guys miss my Memphis debates now!

:P

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Bet you guys miss my Memphis debates now!

:P
    Come back damnit :P

I think we should have kept Welbeck, Dong and Cleverley.

Discuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Back to football, police have released attendence figures for games compared to what clubs release as their attendance. City's are on average 10k more than what actually went to games. Maybe fans go disguised as blue seats. ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

We need the fixtures to hurry up

Wait until José announces the team news and throws the place in chaos again.

"At left-back I will start Luke Shaw, I show I give him chance, media say I don't. I play him even though he's fat and brainless. I saw him eat three battered mars bars yesterday before training even began. Three!"

d8923ac1c00846f28bee868eeea84cfb.jpg

Anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the view that all United players are great is bullied.

Do you want to point out a few posts of bullyingagainst you or accusations that your a racist????

Your the one that started calling people disgracefully and shocking because you didn't agree or see their points.

Hyperbole at its finest right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Neil and Buzz were big United fans

You're too funny at times Kew..

Thats exactly my thoughts too....

Bet you all wished i was posting regularly about the wonderful ladies team, which are now getting a chance to play in the premier league... my battle has gathered steam...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Garbage full stop. Won't be missed. I've on occasions critised players and I've no great faith in the manager full stop but that doesn't mean I don't support the team and my opinion isn't respected. It's a forum where there's plenty of opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Are you Donald Trump in disguise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Attacking TSC and accusing people of bullying..

Now where have we heard that before

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Are you Donald Trump in disguise?

Donald trump is god

astradave wrote: »

Uv_BHt9.gif

I never remember the names just the hoopla

Ander answering fan questions on the Youtube

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Unicrons Dad

Bit of a clique going on in this group it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

sooooo....... football, eh?

No clique at all the funny thing about it is that his opinions on pogba are shared by the majority of the regular posters in the thread and have been sahing them for the past month.

It's when people start accusing others of something that never happened that they will be challenged and then it usually ends up they cry bullying and cliques ha0pens in every thread on here I think your term clique was used widely in the pool thread for a long time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sooooo....... football, eh?

tenor.gif?itemid=7551542

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=7551542

My reaction when asked to explain what the United philosophy is now.

I'd love veratti or kross don't know much about the other lad, I think kross is more the player we need but in a way i like veratti more. To give an answer to your earlier question

Lord TSC wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=7551542

little bit racist there TSC... most unlike you sir....

you probably need to post a kate upton gif to balance things out...

jayo26 wrote: »
    Uv_BHt9.gif

Am i missing something!!!! DM me please

I noticed mr beef is only a member since Dec-17 and seemed dodgy from the start. Ias he one of those things we're not allowed suggest and say for fear of a ban??

Need to get a win at the weekend, home to swansea should be a banker.

I would guess at wins for City and Liverpool, but either Spurs or Chelsea will drop points - hopefully Spurs. We need to get 3 points so that no one gains ground on us, with us away to City for (possibly/probably) a spanking next week. I'd have all the other top 4 contenders down for 3 points next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I would guess at wins for City and Liverpool, but either Spurs or Chelsea will drop points - hopefully Spurs. We need to get 3 points so that no one gains ground on us, with us away to City for (possibly/probably) a spanking next week. I'd have all the other top 4 contenders down for 3 points next weekend.

Would you not prefer chelsea to drop points or draw be ok. Chelsea dropping points would almost mean we guaranteed top 4

I just realised I’m gonna miss the match, feck it! Thought we were the late game and agreed to play in a golf team invitational!

If I had to choose between spurs and Chelsea, though I’d rather a draw, I’d prefer Chelsea to drop points and that would all but consolidate too 4

We owe Swansea a few beatings,under Moyes and LVG they seemed to have our number. (In fairness,a lot of clubs who hadn't beaten us in decades or ever got results against us.)

We owe Swansea a few beatings,under Moyes and LVG they seemed to have our number. (In fairness,a lot of clubs who hadn't beaten us in decades or ever got results against us.)

^^^^^
    Exactly this, i'd love if we went out and go for the throat and put 4-6 on them

Also i believe a few gents (jayo26) are headed over for the game. Best of luck fella's and enjoy yourselves. Don't do anything i wouldn't ;)....

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    Exactly this, i'd love if we went out and go for the throat and put 4-6 on them

Also i believe a few gents (jayo26) are headed over for the game. Best of luck fella's and enjoy yourselves. Don't do anything i wouldn't ;)....

I plan to enjoy :)

I might bump into one or two from the thread there i say :)

Come back damnit :P

I think we should have kept Welbeck, Dong and Cleverley.

Discuss.

No, Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

A pal and his Dad are heading over, they are pretty neutral when it comes to Mourinho, interested in talking to them afterwards to get their take on proceedings, hopefully it's a decent win , with a good performance all round, build up momentum for the spurs game.

brinty wrote: »
    ^^^^^

I'll keep an eye on him.:):)

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/979301558209929218

"Jorginho admits the #PremierLeague ‘suits my game’ but suggests #MUFC do not interest him due to their lack of a pressing & passing ethos."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well jeez Joringho, maybe our lack of passing ability is why we want you....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He was kissing (to put it mildly) Guardiola's arse yesterday and criticising us today.

That deal is already done.

J. Marston wrote: »
    He was kissing (to put it mildly) Guardiola's arse yesterday and criticising us today.

That deal is already done.

It’s the same interview.. just a clickbate headline..

I’ll save ye the click:
    Jorginho admits the Premier League ‘suits my game’ but suggests Manchester United do not interest him due to their lack of a pressing and passing ethos.

United are among a number of Premier League sides who have been linked with Jorginho, but while the Napoli midfielder reiterated his liking for English football, he made it clear he preferred the likes of Manchester City and Liverpool.

“I think the Premier League suits my game, but it also depends on who I have next to me because I need to be surrounded by players with certain characteristics,” he told the Brazilian Press in the mixed zone after Italy’s 1-1 draw with England.

“There are teams in England who play the football I like, keeping the ball on the ground, playing a quick game with one-twos, pressing their opponents high up the pitch…

“if one of these clubs were interested in me, I’d adapt to them well and they could adapt to my way of playing, which isn’t so common.

“It depends on how many opportunities you have. If you have only one option then you don’t have a choice.

“if you have more than one then you can choose the one that’s right for you, your style of play and characteristics.”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Unicrons Dad

Id love Chelsea to win tomorrow especially if Liverpool come unstuck, it probably wont happen but palace are playing the best football of the teams down there

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement