Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We on TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bangkok wrote: »
    Would you not prefer chelsea to drop points or draw be ok. Chelsea dropping points would almost mean we guaranteed top 4

That is a good point, I was focusing on 2nd (when I've previously stated 2nd to 4th doesn't make much of a difference to me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

My sister just called to say she is in the same hotel as Jose. Told her to nab him for a picture if she can.

He’s in the Lowry Hotel. On a side note, has he not actually got a settled place to live yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Drumpot wrote: »
    My sister just called to say she is in the same hotel as Jose. Told her to nab him for a picture if she can.

He’s in the Lowry Hotel. On a side note, has he not actually got a settled place to live yet?

At this stage, I picture him like the Major in Faulty Towers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yes,

The Lowry.

His family home is in London so lives in a suite in a 5 star hotel when in Manchester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

pjohnson wrote: »

$$$.
    The arrangement is part of a commercial agreement with the Old Trafford club and sporting authorities in Saudi Arabia, where Al-Sahlawi plays for Al-Nassr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

You sure it's The Lowry?
    Last I heard he was in a Premier Inn, a little crappy single room. Paying week by week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

paulbok wrote: »

I'm going with Alan Partridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

paulbok wrote: »

6a074d8d-bc08-4c96-8ed1-26419295b6d6.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

IT'S A BLOODY APARTMENT FFS

0b53a5156bfbd1440657dcbda51c45f9.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'll keep an eye on him.:):)

Creep ;)

Are we allowed drink on bus? Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We on TV?

We are the 3pm game on Sky, but tbh we are on a channel in most countries :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

jayo26 wrote: »
    Creep ;)

Are we allowed drink on bus? Ha

Brave man to try and hold it in that long :pac:

yabadabado wrote: »
    You sure it's The Lowry?
    Last I heard he was in a Premier Inn, a little crappy single room. Paying week by week.

Yeh the Lowry is where my sister is and that’s where she saw him in a lift.. Maybe he was able to spend a few quid on a more uo market hotel , didn’t he get a new contract :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Id love Chelsea to win tomorrow especially if Liverpool come unstuck, it probably wont happen but palace are playing the best football of the teams down there

If you find the results tomorrow, give me a shout and I'll stick a few bets on for saturday :pac::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/979414755537571840

United to offer discount tickets for 18-25 year olds for lower tier of Stretford End. I think it's a good idea as in this day and age it's damn expensive for that age group to attend games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'd say José has racked up serious points on his IHG Rewards Clubcard at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

United to offer discount tickets for 18-25 year olds for lower tier of Stretford End. I think it's a good idea as in this day and age it's damn expensive for that age group to attend games.

If we play better football it would improve the atmosphere!!!

Natalie Sawyer has left SSN.

A moments silence for Brinty please.

• Advertisement

I don't know why I thought of this when I read your post.

“Halfback passes to center, back to wing, back to center, center holds it! Holds it! Holds it!”
    sh0CY3h.gif

So you think there is a direct correlation between attractive football and atmosphere at a stadium?

Someone should tell that to the fans in Anfield so.

See the French press are saying that Tuchel has got the PSG job.

Hopefully that puts an end to the idea Jose could go there anyway :)

See the German press have LVG bitching and moaning about Woody and him being fired again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Thank god for that.For a moment there,I was getting worried the Arsenal board had become somewhat competent. Very silly of me :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Jose never wanted it anyway

From Press Conference.

Seems most of the injury concerns are finished with, just Romero is out by the looks. So Rojo, Herrera, Jones back. Blind and Young likely too.
    Romero is injured, and I think he will for a few weeks, I think in the end he was lucky because was a strong contusion and will take a little bit of time to recover, Ashley Young had a problem in the last part of the game against Italy but we think there is a chance for him to recover and Daley Blind come back from his treatment in Holland, start training with us in the last few days and is the only one not available, apart from Daley, after a couple of months out, we recovered all the other problems we had, including Phil Jones, Rojo played with Argentina so the picture improved a lot for us in that aspect.

José didn't want to get dragged into Pogba discussion. Surprised he just didn't acknowledge he had a good game and hope he could continue the form with us.
    When asked about Pogba performing well for france:
    I don’t comment on my players’ performances in national teams.

Was asked about Shaws chances of starting tomorrow. With Shaw having the time off and electing to train, while Young got a slight knock you would expect Shaw to start.
    If he’s available Luke Shaw is always an option, Ashley Young was available to play against Brighton so I started with Luke Shaw, so that’s not a problem.

If I hear more will update.
    Updates here:
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-press-conference-live-14475348

José on Zlatan departure:
    For me it’s always sad when the big players go in the direction of the end, I remember for example Figo, last match, with me and with Inter, and I always remember as one of my saddest moments because I always feel v v sorry when the big ones finish or go to the last period of their careers.

Zlatan goodbye moment was more in that direction, he;s a huge big player that top football, European football is losing now and forever because he will not be back to this level of football but fantastic for him in this period, is a fantastic way not to go from being a player to being a former player, this period with Galaxy, these couple of years will be very good for him and American football.

What he can do, teach, attract, his personality, passion for football, he’s always had since his recovery was an example of what a pro should be is more the MLS and US as a football country is going to get, what more is Zlatan is going to get, will be just a way for him to enjoy the last couple of years of his football.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

pjohnson wrote: »

We'll cross over to Brinty now for his reaction..

200.gif

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

pjohnson wrote:

Appreciate it sir
    Thank god Hayley and Kirsty are still there

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Appreciate it sir
    Thank god Hayley and Kirsty are still there

Did Lithium just phone you?

So reading there...

Provided both we and City win this weekend, City can win the title next week against us with a win.

If City win and we don't tomorrow, then a draw next week also clinches them the title.

:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

So reading there...

Provided both we and City win this weekend, City can win the title next week against us with a win.

If City win and we don't tomorrow, then a draw next week also clinches them the title.
    T

Meh. They won the title months ago. We won't have to give them a guard of honour as long as we beat Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So reading there...

If City win, then you HAVE to win tomorrow AND beat them next weekend or Liverpool can no longer win the title and it's obviously "our year", so look sharpish.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Liverpool and Manchester United are set to meet in pre-season in the US, with the second biggest stadium in the world lined up as a potential venue.

The game will be part of the annual International Champions Cup in July.

While a venue has yet to be agreed, Michigan's 107,000-capacity 'Big House' in Ann Arbor is a possible option for the game.

The capacity has been reduced from when 109,000 watched United play Real Madrid there in 2014.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43594746

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Will a generation who watch live events on their phone (as they record) improve the atmosphere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

4 United alumni in Sunderland's line-up tonight. O'Shea, Fletcher, McNair and Love.

Random pointless fact.

Just watching Zlatans La interview. I get the impression he was let go cause United were knocked out of CL. Makes sense that he would of been integral experience had the team progressed.

While it’s prop best that the squad can focus on the future I’m still a bit sad to see him go. Comes across as a positive influence in the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

J. Marston wrote: »
    4 United alumni in Sunderland's line-up tonight. O'Shea, Fletcher, McNair and Love.

Random pointless fact.

Think that McNair is one that we let go a bit early,remember him playing as dm in a league game when we had a few injuries and he was very composed,comfortable on the ball and combative as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Any idea who'll start at CB today?
    I'd say Bailly is first choice until the end of the season IF he stays fit (realise that's a big ask)
    Then Jones over Smalling?

• Advertisement

Any idea who'll start at CB today?
    I'd say Bailly is first choice until the end of the season IF he stays fit (realise that's a big ask)
    Then Jones over Smalling?

Don’t think he will drop Smalling anyways so I’d say we will see Bailly/Smalling pairing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jones and Fellini not with United squad at the hotel

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Jones and Fellini not with United squad at the hotel

McTominay, Shaw and Young are all there. Jose said that Shaw will be in the 18 anyways. Nice to see Scott and Young getting over their knocks anyway.

Now to get ready for golf and miss the match, hopefully catch the second half in the clubhouse

Ray Wilkins in a very bad way after a heart attack.

Well remembered for his stunning goal in the 83 FA Cup Final for Utd against Brighton.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/30/ray-wilkins-cardiac-arrest-induced-coma-chelsea-england

zorro2566 wrote: »

Hopefully he can recover..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

astradave wrote: »
    McTominay, Shaw and Young are all there. Jose said that Shaw will be in the 18 anyways. Nice to see Scott and Young getting over their knocks anyway.

Now to get ready for golf and miss the match, hopefully catch the second half in the clubhouse

....who are you and where’s Dave?

• What channel the match on lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Meh. They won the title months ago. We won't have to give them a guard of honour as long as we beat Swansea.

I would have been disgusted if they had decided to give a guard of honour and I doubt Jose would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What channel the match on lads?

It should be on one of the Bein channels or NBC Sports.If you've an IPTV subscription your provider should have a link too a lot of sports stations,were you'd find a stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What channel the match on lads?

Sky Ireland at 3pm on 402 Mick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement