Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Great to have the footie back. Gonna shack up in the house for the day and watch it all day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Pogba getting a bit of roasting on Bein sports this morning

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mother****ers, not a word....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Mother****ers, not a word....

I’m going too be busy today.. my spidey senses are tingling. I’m sure you know the feeling well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Match Thread up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Pogba getting a bit of roasting on Bein sports this morning

What was said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

After watching that previous 60 seconds, I've concluded that Benteke is the worst player in the league.

And the refs continue to be utterly inept.

Staggering officiating.

Lindelof at the back.

Balance in midfield again doesn’t look right. Hopefully enough to get past Swansea anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

DZnlXoMWsAEri43?format=jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Someone throw in the team there for those of us on work with limited internet

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

looking like pogba back in a midfield 2. yawn

I see, thanks, no faith in that team. Let the meltdown begin!!!!!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

de gea

valencia......lindelof.......smalling.........young

............matic..........pogba

mata...........lingard..............sanchez

..................lukaku...................

I'd say it will be Jose's 433 that doesn't work too well against ****e teams

Lingard matic pogba
    Mata lukaku Alexis

With plenty of the ball hopefully pogba and mata can create enough

I'd say it will be Jose's 433 that doesn't work too well against ****e teams

Lingard matic pogba
    Mata lukaku Alexis

maybe, need an early goal anyway to settle the nerves, hopefully get an easy 3 or 4 nil then

Very different Swansea team to what was playing earlier in the season tbf but yeah your right an early goal would do a lot to make this comfortable.

Bollix...

I know Kane is English and de bruyne has been immense but I don't see how you can look beyond Salah for poty. He really does elevate his team way beyond the sum of it's parts. Some season

• Advertisement

Palace collapsed against us. They were always going to here as well.

I know Kane is English and de bruyne has been immense but I don't see how you can look beyond Salah for poty. He really does elevate his team way beyond the sum of it's parts. Some season

yep, has to be salah, de bruyne has been brilliant but salah is on a different level to everyone in the league right now

thought this was funny as well....

In Egypt's presidential election, more than 1million Egyptians tampered their ballots by crossing out both candidates and writing Mohamed Salah instead.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Palace collapsed against us. They were always going to here as well.

Could have been a different story if the ref did his job and sent off Sane when it was 1-1.

Absolutely inexplicable refereeing.

bangkok wrote: »
    looking like pogba back in a midfield 2. yawn

Preferred McTominay but think he withdrew from the Scotland squad so maybe isn't 100%

That team should be murdering Swansea tbh.

Interested to see if Sanchez can put in a shift today

Liverpool ahead of us again and if we don't win, we're probably giving City a guard of honour.

There better be a hugely determined performance today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Does anyone care that much that the players might have to give a guard of honour to City? When the whistle blows to finish any game the vast majority of professional players are respectful to each other. They’re not like us fans talking sh*t about opposition fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    Liverpool ahead of us again and if we don't win, we're probably giving City a guard of honour.

There better be a hugely determined performance today.

Is your game today not in the cup?

Edit: I think you meant after the City match next week?

Ah Christ lads watching on NBC when your starving is a baaad idea

• Advertisement

I’d just love to see someone alongside Matic with Pogba slightly further forward, no quite a no 10 and just play with that formation for a few games and let the team get used to it.

Having said that there comes a point where players do need to take responsibility for their performances and adapt a bit. While I don’t agree with the formation Jose is mostly playing Pogba in it doesn’t excuse his lack of performances and lack of defensive effort. We know he’s not a defensive midfielder but when the likes of Mata are more reliable defensively then the player really needs to look at what he is doing on the pitch. I think it’s a bit of an excuse for him and a cop out.

Ah Christ lads watching on NBC when your starving is a baaad idea

I can understand Americas obesity problem.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is your game today not in the cup?

Edit: I think you meant after the City match next week?

League game today. League game against City.

Does anyone care that much that the players might have to give a guard of honour to City? When the whistle blows to finish any game the vast majority of professional players are respectful to each other. They’re not like us fans talking sh*t about opposition fans.

Absolutely, it's also a show of class and any team who wins the league deserves the respect of their peers. You don't have to like it and you would hope it would spur in a team but there is nothing wrong with it at all. You should strive to be the team receiving the guards of honour obviously

pjohnson wrote: »
    I can understand Americas obesity problem.

Whenever I’ve gone to the States on holiday I’ve come back after two weeks about half a stone heavier and I weigh under 11 stone!

It’s ****ing great for two weeks. Food everywhere, cheap as anything, huge portions etc.

I’d definitely be obese if I lived there.

adox wrote: »
    League game today. League game against City.

I completely f*cked that up :pac: I was fully convinced ye were playing in the FA Cup today.

• Advertisement

Of course he thinks it's a penalty

Absolutely, it's also a show of class and any team who wins the league deserves the respect of their peers. You don't have to like it and you would hope it would spur in a team but there is nothing wrong with it at all. You should strive to be the team receiving the guards of honour obviously

Plus if we can’t beat Swansea today no harm in these players having to give a guard of honour.

Hococop wrote: »
    Of course he thinks it's a penalty

It’s gas. It didn’t hamper Sane at all. Ball at his feet with the defender on his arse. Dive all day long, despite there being contact.

Christ If Pogba doesn’t play well today he’ll get destroyed for that haircut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Agree. City have the league won a long time ago. It will have absolutely no bearing on my day if it’s United players that have to line up and shake their hands. Anyone that might be affected by that can easily change channel.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    It’s gas. It didn’t hamper Sane at all. Ball at his feet with the defender on his arse. Dive all day long, despite there being contact.

You know he would crucify young if he did that

Christ If Pogba doesn’t play well today he’ll get destroyed for that haircut

Not Pogba's fault I'm sure Jose gave him the haircut.

Anyway let’s hope for a good performance and result.

Nothing would make me happier, despite my continual criticism of him, to see Pogba tun the game.

Two whoppers for seven bucks!!!!

Lads I downloaded NaviXSport from the Play Store today. Worth checking out if your out of the house and want to see the game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navixsport.app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I hope Pogba puts in a confident performance. Not concerned so much with his productivity in as much as I just want to see him look like he’s at least trying... That’s not setting the bar too high!

Drumpot wrote: »
    I hope Pogba puts in a confident performance. Not concerned so much with his productivity in as much as I just want to see him look like he’s at least trying... That’s not setting the bar too high!

he was excellent for france v russia, hope it continues

#Redrom

Great start.

<3 Lukaku

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement