Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

perfect start

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

100th PL goal for him too

Lovely football there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Delighted for Rom

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Beautifully worked goal!! Lukaku is in great form!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

We look at it today

Note there’s only 6 minutes gone and I’ve been fooled before

When Pogba gets the ball, three Swansea guys converge on him.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    When Pogba gets the ball, three Swansea guys converge on him.

still playing too deep for my liking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Great save

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Great to see the team play so high up the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When Sanchez gets the ball, it looks like he has half a dozen ideas in his head and can't pick one.

J. Marston wrote: »
    When Sanchez gets the ball, it looks like he has half a dozen ideas in his head and can't pick one.

Yep, still seems to be over trying. Feet nearly moving to quicky. Looks tense,anxious and in too much of a hurry whenin possession.

Sanchez!

Picked the right one there though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Yes Alexis boy!

• Advertisement

Well done Sanchez, never doubted him.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sanchez!

Is my stream way behind??

Nothing here.

Edit: yes it is!! Get in you indecisive over trying fecker!!

Taxi for Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

They’re a great bunch of players when there’s nothing to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Swansea are dreadful

• Advertisement

They’re a great bunch of players when there’s nothing to play for.

Not always they’re not.

Cheer up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Least Sanchez seems to of woken up today.

adox wrote: »
    Taxi for Mata.

One of our best on the pitch so far.

mata excellent so far.....

One of our best on the pitch so far.

No doubt. It was just a quip after his failed bicycle kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Got to say, 2-0 up, could be more and a very good display and atmosphere is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Could have sworn Lindelof said “ah ya c*nt ya” when he headed that ball out.

So if a Swansea player stays down the game is stopped but if Utd do the same it isn’t?

Good man ref.

adox wrote: »
    No doubt. It was just a quip after his failed bicycle kick.

Ah yeah, that was ambitious alright.

Have to say, all our attack are playing well together as well as being good individually. Some very nice and effective link-up play in this half.

Swansea have not been good though.

Great half :) More goals in the second please!! Would love for Pogba to get on the scoresheet

• Advertisement

Happy with Pogbas contribution. Good response to the issues he seems to be having. Team look comfortable and could be winning by more. But I just want to see Pogba try and do what he can with whatever role he is asked to do. He looks like he has a spring in his step, is more assertive and involved then he has been in a long time.

This is the kind of team performances I will expect next season in a large portion of our league games against poorer opposition. A few more transfer targets and I think we Will see this very regularly.

There can be no complaints about how much united are attacking. Fans at the ground can give no excuse for not cheering them on. Problem is that we have a ground and fans that just aren’t used to being that loud. It’s not an insult, it’s just an observation I’ve noticed for a long time (even during SAF years) and I’m glad the club is trying to remedy it (18-25 target).

Also been happy with Lindleof who is getting stuck in and looking more comfortable then he has in sometime .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

We won't get many games like this. Swansea putting no pressure on the ball, so much space for us to operate.

Commentator on my US channel: Touches for DDG have been a real rarity in this half.

Me: Not fúcking really since that's about 5 times you've said that in the last few minutes once DDG touched the ball.

I know what he means, but jaysus say something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Very positive performance from us so far. Lots of things to be pleased about. Sanchez is playing really well, both offensively and defensively. Lukaku, lingard and mate all doing well. Pogba has had some lovely moments and is doing well overall.

Swansea have been giving us a criminal amount of time on the ball but Jose will be pleased with the attitude and work rate of the players, particularly Sanchez, who has been tracking back and tackling more than I can ever remember.

FatherTed wrote: »
    We won't get many games like this. Swansea putting no pressure on the ball, so much space for us to operate.

Probably true but isn’t it great to see us do something with it, play with intent, create chances?

More often than not we have been dragged down to the oppositions level(when playing weaker teams) and have been extremely passive and let them dig after the tempo of the game.

I realize Swansea have been awful but it’s a breath of fresh air to see Utd play somewhat freely and creat plenty of chances, win the ball back high up the pitch etc.

FatherTed wrote: »

I think we will get a lot of games like this. United will be stronger and teams will sitback more. People might not like Jose’s tactics but they get more efficient the more he gets it the way he wants it.

Swansea’s performance is not a reasonable explanation for United’s and that’s unfair as they started in the front foot. Swansea’s performance has played a role but As others have mentioned we have seen united start well and fall off or hand the initiative to poor teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Commentator on my US channel: Touches for DDG have been a real rarity in this half.

Me: Not fúcking really since that's about 5 times you've said that in the last few minutes once DDG touched the ball.

I know what he means, but jaysus say something different.

Try our sponsors double dish extra large pizza?

probably our easiest game this season, mata doing well, pogba cruising in midfield although i would like to see him push forward more

bangkok wrote: »
    probably our easiest game this season, mata doing well, pogba cruising in midfield although i would like to see him push forward more

Why?

I’d like to see if he can show great discipline and he is capable of learning to be solid in a more defensive position. Everybody knows how good he can be in a more advanced role, a Pogba who can play deeper when requested is a better asset then a Pogba who can only play one role.

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Why?

I’d like to see if he can show great discipline and he is capable of learning to be solid in a more defensive position. Everybody knows how good he can be in a more advanced role, a Pogba who can play deeper when requested is a better asset then a Pogba who can only play one role.

because he is our best player imo and we should be playing to his strengths and not his weaknesses

pjohnson wrote: »
    Try our sponsors double dish extra large pizza?

Yep, I've the sudden craving for lots of junk food, and health insurance too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

because he is our best player imo and we should be playing to his strengths and not his weaknesses

It's a team game, once the team is playing well and he is performing in the role asked of him I see no issue it need to push him to be the centre of attention.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Should really be 3 nil up!!

You presume him learning a defensive quality won’t compliment his talent.

Uber for Mata :pac:

• Advertisement

And there's DDG's weekly "How did he stop that?!?!" moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just give that man whatever money he wants

Just DDG things.

How is he so good!!! Unreal saves once again

Incredible but also a little annoying in that we switch off twice like that and need him to bail us out again in what is one of our most comfortable games this season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement