Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Confidence looks very low. Players looking very nervous and are making a lot of simple mistakes.

We don't look the slightest bit solid at the back either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

An attacking sub is not what I expected actually.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lingard looks like he won a place in this team in a competition. He's just running around fairly aimlessly all game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

duffman13 wrote: »
    It's a wider issue than just United fans. 15-20 years ago fans paid to support the team. Now fans pay to be entertained. The atmosphere at every ground has taken a knock in recent times. Intimidating grounds like Upton Park are gone and the local fans to an area are really being priced out of games.

Tbh you might aswell get used to it because nothing will change unfortunately

It is getting worse but I have been at plenty of united games were it was like a library during a game. It’s where the prawn sandwich statement from Keane came from...

I think it’s sad cause it serves no positive purpose to boo your own team. It’s literally sh*tting in your own ground. Do fans think players are not aware of how they play? Has booing your own team ever improved a teams perfomancd, particularly a team that’s already nervy after a big defeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

There always seems to be a gaping channel of space between each of our full backs and the corresponding centre half

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Don’t think I could handle another half hour of this.

Edit: phew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No attempted shots in the second half.

At home.

To Brighton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Don’t think I could handle another half hour of this.

Noice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Great goal MOTM from Matic tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Young assist, Subs pay off again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Good goal

Two decent crosses.

Two goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

We'll done Matic. Nice delivery from Young.

That 2nd goal was badly needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Great goal MOTM from Matic tonight

Agreed. I think he’s by far been our best player today.

Great stuff!

Performance is still a major cause of concern, dropped off big timeast season too over the course of the season. May be worth looking into over the summer.

Anyway, the result is the most important thing, they needed to give us a performance tonight and they didn't. Not exactly surprising thiugh is it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Rashers has developed a bit of a tendency to dive into tackles, could end up seriously hurting someone else or himself.

Rashers has developed a bit of a tendency to dive into tackles, could end up seriously hurting someone else or himself.

Yeah, has that trying too hard to show passion/make an impression thing about him at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

That should be us through then. Performance still very unsatisfactory. Very flat all game nothing to get excited about tonight really

Nice to see no need for VAR

• Advertisement

Martial has been awful sh*te again tonight.

mctominay not for first time bundled over great temperament to get straight up and carry on

Martial has been awful sh*te again tonight.

I blame him, and yet I don't. Very conflicted :)

Jose will be on a horn that he got to make the subs he wanted and got to send his message. Thank **** he did too

Nice for the two lads to sit on the bench in the cold for the duration. Hopefully they won't want to do it again anytime soon.

Job done not pretty but a win is a win

I blame him, and yet I don't. Very conflicted :)

Whatever about tactics, I’d rather he looked like he was trying.

• Advertisement

Big pile of meh but job done.

Next.

I fcuking love the way Rom hangs back to salute the crowd.

Such a likeable guy.

Whatever about tactics, I’d rather he looked like he was trying.

Yeah I get it, I make allowances for him in my head, that I probably shouldn't, that he has been messed about and I make excuses for him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Passing in the final third was dreadful.

Martial and Shaw needed big games and didn't deliver. As usual. Mata and Lingard struggling to take hold of the game too, again, as usual.

As usual, Lukaku and Matic the best performers, looking like the give a damn. But for all the cribbing bout Pogba and Sanchez, without them, we struggle to look creative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Who is the attacking coach? I dont believe that a team with those players actually are that limited going forward.
    Job done at least which is good.

• Advertisement

We do, bit they needed to be dropped and have to watch from the bench. I'm happy it worked out and expect Jose to be full of praise for the team after it to hammer home the point even more.

Then I expect him to be torn asunder on here and elsewhere by people who think he believes what he says and ignore his angle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Martial was getting ganged up on, three on one, constantly and without support. Shaw wasn't offering that support going forward imo.

Bar the cut back to matic for the cross he did nothing. Young did more in 5 minutes than shaw did in the first 45.

If anyone is wondering every bloody match why no shaw. Tonight is why imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Result is all that mattered tonight but that was another painful watch.

Mata looked really pissed off to be subbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

adox wrote: »
    Result is all that mattered tonight but that was another painful watch.

Is there ever a scenario when it’s not about the result

Nope, when it comes down to it nothing else actually matters.

A performance after that **** show Tuesday would have been nice though

There are scenarios when it’s not only about the result.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Passing in the final third was dreadful.

Martial and Shaw needed big games and didn't deliver. As usual. Mata and Lingard struggling to take hold of the game too, again, as usual.

As usual, Lukaku and Matic the best performers, looking like the give a damn. But for all the cribbing bout Pogba and Sanchez, without them, we struggle to look creative.

I'd imagine that's the last time we see Shaw play for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Win is a win. It looked a right horrible night for a game of football.

Possible for Lukaku to get 30 goals for the season. Van Persie last United player to get 30+ goals??

Summer transfers hopefully focuses on left and right backs

I'd imagine that's the last time we see Shaw play for us.

Dunno, when Young went down hurt, I was starting to imagine our options there for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

This business of playing Lingard as the player that's meant to meld and bring the play together needs to stop, spends more time being told by players where he needs to be instead of being there. Not completely his fault it should be said, he was never that player to begin with so to expect it of him is unfair.

• Advertisement

I Wonder now will Jose start putting the players under pressure until the end of the season to see how they react. Demand more from them for their futures.

Drumpot wrote: »
    I Wonder now will Jose start putting the players under pressure until the end of the season to see how they react. Demand more from them for their futures.

Sounds like it from the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

José putting it on the players.

Genuine question - do you guys think this is all calculated? Or is he losing it a little?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I think Shaw will be sold as will Darmian and Blind. Ibra sadly will not be offered a new contract (wish he was younger)and Carrick retires.

Thats 5 first team squad vacancies. Lets say 2 are prmoted from the youth set up it means possibly 3 to be bought in the summer

It’s a fine line he’s treading with those comments but I agree with him completely.

Jose loves Scot McT.

I like the way he came out and explained he didn't want all this sideways passing.

So if he doesn't want it why do they keep doing it. Bizarre

SlickRic wrote: »

Genuine question - do you guys think this is all calculated? Or is he losing it a little?

Calculated.

I wonder did he want to wait until they qualified in FA Cup Before hammering them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Gotta say, Lukaku has been unreal the last while, by the way.

Didn't sound like he was losing it to me. Very calm and calculated

• Advertisement

Gotta say, Lukaku has been unreal the last while, by the way.

Bit like City overshadowing us, Salah is overshadowing Lukaku, making him look less impressive. But I adore Lukaku; he busts his gut every game, scores goals, gets assists and is a proper leader. He's been a brilliant signing, and I'm hoping he builds on it next season too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement