Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

TheDoc wrote: »
    Liverpool again with the template here. Don't know how many times I said this season, they have a lightweight midfield with Silva and De Bruyne who wont hold under any pressure or aggression.

Liverpool midfield just dominating them entirely.

Fair play to Liverpool(although I hate saying that). I hope Jose is watching. For the second time, they show the way to get at Man City is attack attack attack. Kompany having a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

My workplace is crawling with pool fans, been telling them for the last 2 weeks that they would do city over 2 games, they are the one PL side thst have the knack of doing city. It was the worse possible draw for City
    Hopefully city are mentally demoralised for the derby game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Jose better be taking notes, this is how you play against a Pep side. Not to retreat to the edge of your own box and hope for 90mins like Jose had us do at OT :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

secman wrote: »
    My workplace is crawling with pool fans, been telling them for the last 2 weeks that they would do city over 2 games, they are the one PL side thst have the knack of doing city. It was the worse possible draw for City
    Hopefully city are mentally demoralised for the derby game.

Are ya joking they will ****ing lash us now haha!!

They will be thinking **** we need to put this league to bed now and respond.

The way Liverpool are throwing them round makes you wonder about the three teams positions in the league and the games in which they have played each other in this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

FatherTed wrote: »
    Fair play to Liverpool(although I hate saying that). I hope Jose is watching. For the second time, they show the way to get at Man City is attack attack attack. Kompany having a nightmare.

I'm fixated on watching Silva and De Bruyne. Watch when Liverpool move forward, the two of them literally dont know how to defend or box of space defensively. Liverpool just cutting through when they want.

Moving through them quickly and pressing them high so the two of them are under pressure, its a template.

They also look toothless without Aguero. Not sure where I sit on Jesus after his initial burst on the scene, but they miss Aguero badly when he's not playing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm fixated on watching Silva and De Bruyne. Watch when Liverpool move forward, the two of them literally dont know how to defend or box of space defensively. Liverpool just cutting through when they want.

Moving through them quickly and pressing them high so the two of them are under pressure, its a template.

They also look toothless without Aguero. Not sure where I sit on Jesus after his initial burst on the scene, but they miss Aguero badly when he's not playing

They probably won’t play them the weekend the way this is going,

Was just thinking the same about Aguero, definitely missing that at the top, someone who can create something from nothing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Makes you wonder how Liverpool have been able to take apart the so called invisible city twice this season yet where below city and ahead of Liverpool!!!

What a going on there...

Makes you wonder how Liverpool have been able to take apart the so called invisible city twice this season yet where below city and ahead of Liverpool!!!

What a going on there...

Well that’s true tonight anyways....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Love how Rio doesn’t hide his love for United at all. Gary Neville takes the neutrality way over the top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

GSPfan wrote: »
    Love how Rio doesn’t hide his love for United at all. Gary Neville takes the neutrality way over the top.

There is no harm in it when your upfront about it. It's the reason why I don't mind carragher but hate souness. One openly admits he loves pool and hates United and the other pretends he is been neutral and honest in his opinions.

I heard that when Ronaldo made contact with the ball for the OH kick, the ball was 8 ft 3" in the air.

That's just insane if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

If more teams played like Liverpool, United would be champions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

ParkRunner wrote: »
    If more teams played like Liverpool, United would be champions!

Surely Liverpool would be champions.

And now I have to go rinse my mouth out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Fair play to Liverpool,said to a few of their fans this week that it would be good for the tie if they could bring a lead to Manchester.

City badly miss Aguero to knit their attacking moves together.Hope Salah isn't seriously injured as Liverpool will need him in away leg.

Jose will find it harder now 'to park the bus '....at the wkd which I fear he will do.A big thing Utd need to do against City is to be more accurate and measured in their passing of the ball.For all the positive things he can do Sanchez for one gives away the ball far too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Surely Liverpool would be champions.

And now I have to go rinse my mouth out

Haven't Liverpool been playing like Liverpool all season since they are in fact ..... Liverpool?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Result suits us.

Bad enough of a beating to force City to rest players, not bad enough to make them feel its an impossible task.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Delighted to see Pep eat some humble pie.

Some performance by liverpool

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Result suits us.

Bad enough of a beating to force City to rest players, not bad enough to make them feel its an impossible task.

I don't think it does suit us at all If it was finely ballanced they would definilty rest players but now pep can't risk losing 2 in a row and destroying momentum they will be up for it.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I don't think it does suit us at all If it was finely ballanced they wpuod definilty rest players but now pal can't risk losing 2 in a row and destroying momentum they will be up for it.

They will need to go balls to the wall on Tuesday, they already have the league sown up, they will defo rest players to have them all fit and healthy for Tuesday, they can’t risk anymore injuries at the back either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fair play to Liverpool indeed but you’d have to question the City players when it is actually put up to them. Perhaps they’ve had it too easy this season.

Didn’t seem to be one character there in the team who was willing or able to dig something out.

No way back for them on this tie. Never fancied them to lift this trophy anyway or get to the final when they came up against the cream of Europe but expected them to manage and get by Liverpool.

Some beautifully silky footballers and they’ve had an outstanding league season but I’d think twice about who I wanted alongside me in a really battle.

Result suits us.

Don’t agree. I think the tie is gone for them.

An outside chance at best.

Brady nailing it with his synopsis.

adox wrote: »
    Don’t agree. I think the tie is gone for them.

An outside chance at best.

A lot of people are falling over themselves to write off City, acting as if this one game is their reality and not an utter anomaly this season.

Pep won't see it as gone. Sure, a tough task, and going balls to the wall against Pool is a pretty bad position to be in. But he needs three points from 7 games to win the league. He will set the team up between us and next week to at least try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing love seeing City lose even to Liverpool

Anything to shut up Pep love ins

Headshot wrote: »
    ****ing love seeing City lose even to Liverpool

Anything to shut up Pep love ins

Klopp deserves huge credit.

Wouldnt be surprised to see them win the european cup

Keita to come into the team for them next season as well. Things on the up for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Just seen this on Twitter:

'The favourites for the CL SFs at this stage are the world's 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 9th richest clubs by income. MUFC are 1st and MCFC are 5th.'

Shows how much United have been underperforming in recent years relative to their wealth.

Fancy everton to beat liverpool this weekend as well now. Early ko sat, they will rest a few as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Poor oul Duffer unhappy,like him as a pundit but he is overdoing his defence of Pep here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

bangkok wrote: »
    Fancy everton to beat liverpool this weekend as well now. Early ko sat, they will rest a few as well

Absolutely no excuse for us not to take the game to City on Saturday evening if that happens.

Klopp deserves huge credit.

Wouldnt be surprised to see them win the european cup

Keita to come into the team for them next season as well. Things on the up for them

I’d be surprised considering his record in finals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

They're will be some meltdown Saturday night if we let City walk all over us again. Fair play to Liverpool, they've showed that if you get up in their faces and don't let them play, you can get a result. The template to defeat them is there. Jose better have been watching / taking notes!!

Edit: To add to that, I hope our fans can turn up to the Etihad and create one hell of an atmosphere. Fans support is gonna be vital on Saturday!!

I also thought that Pool showed you can nullify City by good defensive play in the second half, City ran out of ideas and while chasing the game had no shots on target at all. A good quick counter and they are there for the taking.

astradave wrote: »
    I also thought that Pool showed you can nullify City by good defensive play in the second half, City ran out of ideas and while chasing the game had no shots on target at all. A good quick counter and they are there for the taking.

Yet if Jose tries that, it will be "Parkin da bus!"

Liverpool were 3 up when they 'parked the bus'

• Advertisement

That’s not the point..

That’s not the point..

City used up lots of energy as liverpool never gave them a minute on the ball first half. They were tired and ran out of ideas in 2nd half

If we sit back for 90mins that wont happen

Very hard not to like klopp. Just seen his conor masterson comments there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pretty easy actually.

Maybe for you its not but for most others it is.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Maybe for you its not but for most others it is.

Didnt know you spoke for everyone on here ;)

Didnt know you spoke for everyone on here ;)

Dunno what your on about ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote:
    Didnt know you spoke for everyone on here

Speaks for more of us than you anyways

Watching him screaming at officials game after game makes it pretty easy actually.

I’m astonished he gets away with it. So aggressive.

Media darling at the moment but if/when it starts going tits up with Liverpool he won’t get such an easy ride.

Plus he manages Liverpool so that kind of defaults to hate for me.

brinty wrote: »
    Speaks for more of us than you anyways

Lol

How old are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

What did he say about Masterson?

I don’t think they will be as easy to stop playing deep when they aren’t desperately chasing the game like they were tonight.

When they are in control of possession and the game with the score line level or on their favour, or even close, they play much more relaxed and incisive football. Much more freely than the garbage they served tonight.

I think they bottled it a bit and didn’t have the stomach for it.

One thing is for sure. Liverpool have shown that the way to play them is to have some balls and go for it. Of course it doesn’t guarantee results like tonight and you may get caught out but it’s better than sitting back waiting to be dismantled.

City are poor defensively both in set up and personnel when they are got at or out under pressure imo. Their brilliance further forward and willingness to win the ball back much further up the pitch manage to cover this up to a huge degree.

Would love to see Utd just get in their face and high press like they did in the first half at the weekend. I’d hate to see them take the Chelsea approach and just bend over more or less.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    What did he say about Masterson?

Said he didnt think the irish were so cocky, when he told him he was on the bench he said im ready or something like that and he wad laughing

So 3-0 is the line where you can sit back not 2 or what I get confused :confused: trying to keep up with all the inconsistencies at times

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

When a team is 3 nil up at half time, then the transformation from Ferrari to a yellow bus is ok.

City were schooled tonight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement