Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If anything I hope Pogba can turn up tomorrow and slap City's midfield up. Been a while since we've seen a 'masterclass' from him.

Wouldn't that be interpreted as an audition? Imo, the optics of this are really bad. Raiola has not explicitly denied the statement pogba was touted. Only stated man United would not want to sell him to city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    His agent is denying it according to the article you quoted anyways..

I’m not saying he did anyways, I’m showing you that your arguement in the previous post is just downright bullshît

Mind games imo, Pep trying to wind Jose up, that’s all I think it is anyways.

Edit: Oh and an agent works for the player not the other way around.

anyway, you all know what i think of pogba's agent anyway so i will leave it there...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just to clarify.

We're not talking about a player, like Sanchez or Lukaku, who had multiple offers and chose us. In fact, I can only imagine suggesting that similarity is yet another example of deliberately missing the point in order to get a reaction.

We're talking about someone who is at the club, and midway through the season, his agent is offering him not just to a direct rival, but the team who are setting the bar we should be trying to beat next season. So not only is he not committed to the club, it would appear he was willing to basically move to our biggest rival and actively attempt to keep us down next season. We're talking about someone who came through the academy, and when he rejoined, made a big deal about how United was in his blood, blah blah. If that was even remotely true, he'd never have even let a whisper go from his agent to City.

If its true, how can Jose trust him going forward? There's "Not dedicated to the cause", and then there's jumping ship mid-season to the club's biggest rival.

In a way, I wonder if this will be good news for Jose, in terms of its now public. If this was part of the reason there's tension between the two, Jose having to keep quiet about the attempt to shop him round was probably a rough situation for him to be in. That info being out there might offer a full and frank explanation as to what the issue thats there between them has developed into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads I think it's a bul**** story it probably wasn't even pogba.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just to clarify.

We're not talking about a player, like Sanchez or Lukaku, who had multiple offers and chose us. In fact, I can only imagine suggesting that similarity is yet another example of deliberately missing the point in order to get a reaction.

We're talking about someone who is at the club, and midway through the season, his agent is offering him not just to a direct rival, but the team who are setting the bar we should be trying to beat next season. So not only is he not committed to the club, it would appear he was willing to basically move to our biggest rival and actively attempt to keep us down next season. We're talking about someone who came through the academy, and when he rejoined, made a big deal about how United was in his blood, blah blah. If that was even remotely true, he'd never have even let a whisper go from his agent to City.

If its true, how can Jose trust him going forward? There's "Not dedicated to the cause", and then there's jumping ship mid-season to the club's biggest rival.

In a way, I wonder if this will be good news for Jose, in terms of its now public. If this was part of the reason there's tension between the two, Jose having to keep quiet about the attempt to shop him round was probably a rough situation for him to be in. That info being out there might offer a full and frank explanation as to what the issue thats there between them has developed into.

also, if this is true, Pogba may have known nothing about it, he isnt standing beside riaola 24/7, he may have offered pogba to pep to see what he would say.

speaking of trust as well, didnt jose say not long ago he could have gone to manage in an easier league and have a league wrapped up already? those psg rumours back in oct/nov may have been true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    also, if this is true, Pogba may have known nothing about it, he isnt standing beside riaola 24/7, he may have offered pogba to pep to see what he would say.

speaking of trust as well, didnt jose say not long ago he could have gone to manage in an easier league and have a league wrapped up already? those psg rumours back in oct/nov may have been true

He was talking about before he signed with United.. you would do anything to twist any form of conversation to look negatively at Jose.. cop on ffs

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads I think it's a bul**** story it probably wasn't even pogba.

At the end of the day I think TSC is just speaking hypothetically. That’s my understanding anyways

He was talking about before he signed with United.. you would do anything to twist any form of conversation to look negatively at Jose.. cop on ffs

That's what happens when you feed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

If the story is true, and to me it looks likely it is (after all we know Miki was offered out) there is no way Raiola would offer Pogba to another club without running it by him first.

Pogba like many players would kill to play under Pep, if you thin he has and UTD infinity over City then prepare to be disappointed. Given the footballs we are playing under Jose and how its worlds apart from what City are doing, and given his constant playing a more restricted role you can't blame Pogba for looking at City with envy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Looks like next seasons kit will feature more black than usual. Will have to see it in the wild before forming an opinion.

https://twitter.com/Footy_Headlines/status/982326769645707266?s=19

those comments were only a few months ago....

"The other day my son decided to go and watch a match in Paris rather than Manchester," he added.

"Why Paris? Because, right now, Paris has something special.

"There's a magic about the place, youth and quality. It's fantastic."

jayo26 wrote: »
    That's what happens when you feed it.

relax there jayo

relax there jayo

Shush

those comments were only a few months ago....

"The other day my son decided to go and watch a match in Paris rather than Manchester," he added.

"Why Paris? Because, right now, Paris has something special.

"There's a magic about the place, youth and quality. It's fantastic."

So you are now talking about different quotes completely...

I give up..

So you are now talking about different quotes completely...

I give up..

Them quotes were from oct/nov.

The win an easy league quotes were when he signed the new contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I do like the look of those socks!

Hope its not like that fan impression though, would prefer a fainter gradient in the red part, rather than definite stripes.

A lot of black on the home kit means we probably won't have a black away kit then -maybe blue and white for away & third (or vice versa)

At the end of the day I think TSC is just speaking hypothetically. That’s my understanding anyways

I am.

I just also don't believe an agent would be trying to move a player unless said player had indicated he would like to,leave if given the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well José's not wrong, Paris is a special place, and not just cause of PSG, but we all know that and not reading anything into comments that are 7 months old..

meanwhile, lol, the Pep quotes about Pogba was embargoed, but DiMarizo broke it, and other journalists are freaking...

https://twitter.com/JBurtTelegraph/status/982283491692998657

https://twitter.com/hirstclass/status/982282132319100928

https://twitter.com/Ian_Ladyman_DM/status/982282393330634752

Alex Shaw's weighed in..

https://twitter.com/AlexShawESPN/status/982308849486098432
    Would love to have been in the room among the UK press pack when foreign sites broke the 10.30pm embargo with Guardiola quotes claiming Raiola offered him Pogba and Miki in January.

I love the way they all jumped at him as if he would give a **** haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Duncan is on the Sidibe transfer story now.

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/982338560077500418

Don't know anything bout him. Anyone know much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So who tipped off DiMarzio?

Anything that has the hacks up in arms is fine by me scourge on the game at the best of times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

DiMarzio is superior to all of those journalists when it comes to transfer news so I'll forgive him this supposed indiscretion in lieu of having to ever read any of their nonsense.

Derby presser notes
    Jose on team news:
    Everybody is coming back but Sergio is injured.

Jose on if he has the players to hurt City?
    Yes.

Jose on if buying Sanchez ahead of city still meant United can attract the best :

Are we? This is your opinion? Did they spend money in January?

Can you confirm we signed Sanchez ahead of that? I have no idea.

Jose on the derby:

My motivation is to finish second, I still have the motivation of finishing top four, mathematically is not done, is a good distance but not done so that’s the first objective but after that I don’t hide. That in practical terms and finish next season to finish second third or fourth is exactly the same, you don’t win the title but qualify for the Champions League group stage, but I prefer to finish third and fourth and second and first, and we have been second for many many months, is out objective to fight for that and for that we need points. My objective for tomorrow is try to have points to finish second.

Jose on if the way the first leg of the Champions League went for City give him different questions to answer?

No.

Mourinho on Liverpool way of beating City:

I'm not a pundit, I'm not going to comment anything about that game.

Mourinho on consistency needed to retain a title:

That's not a question for me.

Jose on if United get closer to City next season?

In the end of the season you see the difference in points and how far we are. In the end of the season, you will see the difference and then is easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Raiola offering Pogba doesn't mean Pogba was in on it. Raiola's in the money-making business, he has no loyalties to Utd. I don't see this being a problem with Pogba's relationship with the club (if the claim is true).

Why are all the journalists going mad with di marzio?

• Advertisement

Cause he broke news that wasn't supposed to be broken until 22:30 this evening.

Which you'd know if you'd read the last page :P

Part of the pressers do be embargoed until 10.30 so that they can release more stories in the evening and generate those precious clicks.. someone leaked the story to DiMarzio but he doesn’t go by the English/British media embargo so he released it. The journos then go mad as they want their clicks but most people already know the story now so don’t need to read it again.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Cause he broke news that wasn't supposed to be broken until 22:30 this evening.

Which you'd know if you'd read the last page :P

Just went to neil custis twitter he going mad

Part of the pressers do be embargoed until 10.30 so that they can release more stories in the evening and generate those precious clicks.. someone leaked the story to DiMarzio but he doesn’t go by the English/British media embargo so he released it. The journos then go mad as they want their clicks but most people already know the story now so don’t need to read it again.

also those "scandalous" back pages for the morning papers.

Sounds like the whole story is bull so??

Imagine the irony of journalists complaining about someone writing about something they shouldnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Pity Pogba didn't go to City, he could have destroyed their title hopes with his sh1te performances.

Glazers Out!

Sounds like the whole story is bull so??

No pep said it but he has been disputed by Raiola an all, Raiola hates pep with a passion, no way he would phone up Pep and offer him players. As Raiola says he would speak to a club not the manager of over players.. I’ve no doubt that Raiola contacted City before Christmas, but I reckon that it was to see if they wanted Mkhi. Pep trying to play mind games by insinuating that he was offered Pogba too.. that part I’d say is more than likely bull****.

Also this:
    https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/982292756935536641?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They talked about that custom recently on Second Captains... how it's not really an official embargo, but more of a gentleman's agreement, and that it's not a custom the European journo's give too much of a toss about.

It came up on the show, because apparently managers have always had seperate presser's for different groups, but that Pep and a few others refuse to do that, and so one group often hears the other groups news, increasing the likelihood of this happening.

That was specifically for Sunday/Monday journo's, but I'd image the same or similar applies to this issue.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    They talked about that custom recently on Second Captains... how it's not really an official embargo, but more of a gentleman's agreement, and that it's not a custom the European journo's give too much of a toss about.

It came up on the show, because apparently managers have always had seperate presser's for different groups, but that Pep and a few others refuse to do that, and so one group often hears the other groups news, increasing the likelihood of this happening.

That was specifically for Sunday/Monday journo's, but I'd image the same or similar applies to this issue.

The two groups are the online group and the paper media with Jose anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Im not for one minute saying i think the storys are one hundred percent true but and its a big but if Pogba or any of Uniteds players entertain the chance of going to city **** them good riddance.

It always bothered me when players left the club and went elsewhere even Schmeichel going to villa/city just felt wrong weather they where on our level or not at the time. For a player in there prime and at the level possible for the likes of Pogba going to a direct and massive rival especially after having a history with the club would be scummy as ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Did pogbas tweet not refute what pep said, which was excellent ****stirring by the way. Credit where it is due, it doesn't even need to have a shred of truth to do the job.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I don’t get why some people are always willing to give Pogba the benefit of the doubt. It’s very believeable it happened and anybody thinking his agent would go off doing this sort of stuff without prior consent from the player is naieve.

It would seem like a very nasty thing for Pep to randomly throw out there if untrue. I’d be curious to know how much shi*t Jose would get if he made a similar comment when trying to unsettle city. The more I think of it the more it’s actually an asshole statement to make. Totally undermines a players already dodgy relationship with manager, team and fans...

Oh please let Pogba score the winner for united today!!! That was be fantastic!

Did pogbas tweet not refute what pep said, which was excellent ****stirring by the way. Credit where it is due, it doesn't even need to have a shred of truth to do the job.

The "you what" post?

Its not exactly the massive denial such a claim warrants imo. In fact, technically that's not a denial at all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The "you what" post?

Its not exactly the massive denial such a claim warrants imo. In fact, technically that's not a denial at all....

That read 100% as a denial to me. It was “Say what” also and him holding his ear

Think he should have went the GIF route

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-gif-8.gif

• Advertisement

I'd rather he just made an actual statement if he felt the need to respond. 2 words and emote leaves ambiguity. Why not a few lines like "Obviously this story is nonsense, I'd never join City, my focus is on Man United," blah blah.

I'd rather he just made an actual statement if he felt the need to respond. 2 words and emote leaves ambiguity. Why not a few lines like "Obviously this story is nonsense, I'd never join City, my focus is on Man United," blah blah.

And give the media more to write about.. think he summed it up perfectly in his Instagram post imo

And give the media more to write about.. think he summed it up perfectly in his Instagram post imo

I'm aware that it's probably just me being selfish, but I feel it just leaves the story lingering. They'll write about it anyway. Two or three sentences could have killed the story. Come the summer, when the papers want "Crisis at United" stories, they've got their foundation in place now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

And then every time the media link him with PSG or somewhere have to come out with a similar statement? If he doesn’t do so then fans will want blood claiming ‘he must be off this time’

MrMac84 wrote: »
    And then every time the media link him with PSG or somewhere have to come out with a similar statement? If he doesn’t do so then fans will want blood claiming ‘he must be off this time’

Does his response yesterday not do that anyway?

I'll clarify; if he's going to respond, do so properly. Not with two words and an emote. Otherwise, stay quiet, or the situation you outlined pops up.

Anyway, it's not that it's a massive point anyway. Game day! Have a feeling, one way or the other, the press will be discussing other points come tonight anyway, especially if we lose :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement