Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

MrMac84 wrote: »
    And then every time the media link him with PSG or somewhere have to come out with a similar statement? If he doesn’t do so then fans will want blood claiming ‘he must be off this time’

But this wasn’t the media that made up the story, it was a manager of a rival club saying he tried to push a move to them. It was a quote not a fabricated story which would justify a more serious response if there was going to be a response.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anyway, it's not that it's a massive point anyway. Game day! Have a feeling, one way or the other, the press will be discussing other points come tonight anyway, especially if we lose :(

It could be a bad day particularly if united lose and Pogba either hasn’t played or plays poorly!

I really hope Pogba plays and plays well. It just feels like there is so much crap that surrounds him and some of it he brings on himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Drumpot wrote: »
    But this wasn’t the media that made up the story, it was a manager of a rival club saying he tried to push a move to them. It was a quote not a fabricated story which would justify a more serious response if there was going to be a response.

No pep said his agent did. prob did it behind both utd and pogbas back

bangkok wrote: »
    No pep said his agent did. prob did it behind both utd and pogbas back

Do you just automatically default to the most implausible stance on most topics and run with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Do you just automatically default to the most implausible stance on most topics and run with it?

Do you not think it’s very plausible that Mino Raiola tried to pounce on an opportunity to make himself a lot of money?

Pogba dropped - sounds out a move - if there’s anything positive from City then let Pogba know.
    That’s exactly the kind of thing I would expect from him anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Do you not think it’s very plausible that Mino Raiola tried to pounce on an opportunity to make himself a lot of money?

Pogba dropped - sounds out a move - if there’s anything positive from City then let Pogba know.

I'd say the more likely scenario is that Pogba suggested to his agent that he'd be open to a move, and Raiola started examining options.

Clubs might hate the man, but his clients don't, and thats because Raiola has very close relationships with his players. He knows how they feel about their positions at clubs, and it feels to me as if he at least got a vibe from Pogba about being open to a move.

Now, I'd accept Pogba didn't go "Hey man, get me a move to City!". But I think it's foolish to believe Raiola wasn't shopping Pogba round without some belief that Pogba isn't open about the idea of moving. The man won't waste his time trying to set up deals he knows are impossible.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Riola is an agent, his client looks somewhat unhappy and there is a possibility he is just not a fit for his current club and manager. It is entirely unsurprising he'd sound out every top club who could afford to pay for him.

The fact he seemingly offered out mkhitaryan in the sane breath would indicate, to me, that it wasn't a massive push to get Pogba to city. Just a sounding out. The same as I reckon Madrid, barca, Bayern etc got.

Meh to be honest.

Scenes if Pogba ain't starting today though!

If the player didn’t want his agent to whore him to our rivals then he should sack Raiola...

This whole apologetic stance on Pogba is remarkable. It’s like he’s an innocent victim with life happening around him without his control or involvement!

He employs his agent. He decides the parameters that he will Allow his agent to act on his behalf. It really is that simple.

If the player didn’t want his agent to whore him to our rivals then he should sack Raiola...

This whole apologetic stance on Pogba is remarkable. It’s like he’s an innocent victim with life happening around him without his control or involvement!

He employs his agent. He decides the parameters that he will Allow his agent to act on his behalf. It really is that simple.

I would have thought it’s a trade off with an agent like Raiola or Mendes. They will make you a lot of money but they’ll be making as much as possible themselves along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think tsc is slipping into the dark side are we about to see the downfall of club tsc????? :)

Serious tho I'd be surprised if there was any intent there at all i think its just wind up by pep and even if there was any chance of it been true maybe it has something to do with his agent wanting a new contract and his agent sussing out market interest for his negotiations.

• Advertisement

No, im looking at it the way it probably was. There is no way pogba went to his agent asking him to get him a move to city, just like i highly doubt mkhitarayan wanted to go to city either as he prob would have spent most of his time on the bench.

This is why agents are hated so much, they stir up so much ****, make as much money as they can and have zero accountability

Also, for all we know pep made the whole thing up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The one big fact of the matter that people seem to be overlooking is that Pep said he himself was offered the players by Raiola. I seriously doubt that, Raiola despises pep, calls him all sorts in the media. Pep is using second hand info, I’d say Raiola touched base with City over Mkhi, says he has players looking to move and that was relayed onto Pep. Pep still bitter over Raiola calling him a dog tries to get one back on him and tries to put doubt in Jose’s mind on the eve of a Derby to not play Pogba. It’s all a mind game that SAF would be proud of.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think tsc is slipping into the dark side are we about to see the downfall of club tsc????? :)

Im going to start revoking membership cards :P

Also yesterday Pep seemed very rattled he seemed like he was rambling kept referring to being called a dog really hard to know what to make of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wouldn’t be overly upset if we sold Pogba and got decent money for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Did pogbas tweet not refute what pep said, which was excellent ****stirring by the way. Credit where it is due, it doesn't even need to have a shred of truth to do the job.

I thought Pogba’s tweet lacked clarity, maybe deliberately so. Just two small words and hardly what I’d call a denial. But then it’s possible he didn’t know what his agent was up to.

It’d surprise me if he actually wanted to go to City based on how average he has been in England and he doesn’t strike me as a Pep player.

If he did want to go, surely he’d be off to Spain or Paris.

Also yesterday Pep seemed very rattled he seemed like he was rambling kept referring to being called a dog really hard to know what to make of it

There’s a clip of him arranging mobile phones on the table before the presser started. Looked really stressed out about something.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/beardedgenius/status/982337488894251009?s=21

There’s a clip of him arranging mobile phones on the table before the presser started. Looked really stressed out about something.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/beardedgenius/status/982337488894251009?s=21

Some serious ocd going on there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Nice result there. Won't be moving from 2nd today which is good. Nonetheless it changes nothing for this evenings game

Well, Pool stay behind us by a point though we now have two games in hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Kevin De Bruyne,Fernandinho David Silva,Leroy Sane,Kyle Walker NOT in the squad to face fierce rivals Manchester United tonight. Foden,Diaz and Nmecha have been named in the 18 man squad. [ESPN]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’d love it if we beat them, love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Kevin De Bruyne,Fernandinho David Silva,Leroy Sane,Kyle Walker NOT in the squad to face fierce rivals Manchester United tonight. Foden,Diaz and Nmecha have been named in the 18 man squad. [ESPN]

That's a huge boost, surely?

No excuses then.

I know beating them will be met with a barrage of excuses but I don't care really. I'd love to be that blemish on their record, regardless of the technicalities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I do like the look of those socks!

Hope its not like that fan impression though, would prefer a fainter gradient in the red part, rather than definite stripes.

A lot of black on the home kit means we probably won't have a black away kit then -maybe blue and white for away & third (or vice versa)

Pink for one kit and navy for the other is rumoured.

Debate still regarding the pink one.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/search/label/Manchester%20United?m=1?max-results=20

was always going to happen given how the game was between the champions league tie for them and the league is nearly wrapped up for them.

we should go for it right from the first whistle, no excuses today, had a full week to prepare as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

was always going to happen given how the game was between the champions league tie for them and the league is nearly wrapped up for them.

we should go for it right from the first whistle, no excuses today, had a full week to prepare as well

I agree, they really should go for it. It’s effectively a free game. Even if they lose they have a game in hand over pool and spurs.

There’s no pressure on united whatsoever. I fear that they won’t go for it but would rather lose seeing if the team is capable of going toe to toe with a weakened city then a defensive 0-0 where we learn nothing about the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

4312 I reckon.. noice

Strong City team too

So much for a weak City team

A balanced looking midfield. Yay!

Talk of a city’s weakened team was greatly exaggerated it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

adox wrote: »
    A balanced looking midfield. Yay!

Talk of a city’s weakened team was greatly exaggerated it seems.

Not really, neither Jesus, kdb or Aguero starting. Should be easy for utd.

Was always going to happen and yet it didn’t!

Meh it’s was heavily exaggerated. Earlier reports of 6 or 7 starters from the other night not even in the squad. They all are and half them start.

It’s usually one or other with Jesus or Aguero. Anyway they are both on the bench as is De Bruyne.

It’s naive to think Utd should win based on the above players not starting.

It’s still a good team and it’s nothing like the second string that people were suggesting so it was exaggerated.

A 96th minute equalizer from Pogba would be superb.

I know we want to win but I would love if they were celebrating the league title and we snatched it in the last minute! Leave them totally flat for the pool game!

Not at all confident now I've seen the City team tbh.

Fully expect a defensive approach now and can't blame him tbh.

Hope we win 0-0

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not at all confident now I've seen the City team tbh.

Fully expect a defensive approach now and can't blame him tbh.

Why defensive? Top 4 is sorted. Try lay a marker for next season. City missing most of their best players today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Why defensive? Top 4 is sorted. Try lay a marker for next season. City missing most of their best players today

Well there's the narrative for the next 5 days on this thread set now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Surely Jose has to go for it this time. Last time we parked the bus against them at OT, we still lost. Top 4 is sorted, League is already gone, City put out a weakened team, he's got just fcuking go for it this time!!!

Surely Jose has to go for it this time. Last time we parked the bus against them at OT, we still lost. Top 4 is sorted, League is already gone, City put out a weakened team, he's got just fcuking go for it this time!!!

:eek:

Btw, if that's City missing a load of their best players, then it shows how far behind them we truest are.

Take five equivalent players out of our first team (Lukaku, Pogba, Rashford, etc) and see if we could beat third, for instance....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

There is nothing wrong with that City team,all quality players that can do damage

As we have seen in the Pool game midweek the City defence does crumble when put under pressure so lets go at them

Was hoping Scott Mac would start instead of Herrera

Would be great to beat them just to ruin Sky's big derby day BS

Ah FFS Souness is on again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Only 3 players on that city bench that you could say are rested and look what they replace them with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Probably going to be as dire and disappointing as the first game this season.
    We should have a go but we know we won't.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Be gas to win with only 30% possession :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement