Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Would you take fergie back?

In a heartbeat, bring back David Gill also.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

The amount of clear cut chances city have had is quite shocking.

I hope mourinho rips into them at half time. Not one of them is stepping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It's just embarrassing the amount of money spent and none thrm are good enough for a shot on goal in a match where the title is on the line for your direct rivals.

Like a bunch of kids down the park would have more heart here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

pjohnson wrote: »
    City have been Champions for a long time. We dont have the players to play Liverpools way.

No, for the most part we have better ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why not? It's not rocket science to put in a shift and press. Our fellas did it for 20 minutes then conceded a soft goal and just gave up.

Pogba will probably create a rocket for NASA before he actually presses his man. Smalling doesn't understand how to mark anything. We have better individuals but Liverpool have a greater sum of their parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Lukaku and Herrera booked for the same thing that Delph and Sane weren't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

adox wrote: »
    Pogba has been borderline laughable here.

I’m very very close to losing all hope with him. Genuinely looks like he couldn’t give a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

When Liverpool press the whole team goes together

When Utd press its just the front players and the midfield and defence dont move at all so its easy to get around Utds attempt at the pressing game

Individuals yes but as a team with tactics to press City?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

G Neville: "Pogba would be 5th choice central midfielder at City". Quite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think it’s time to accept that this is the level of these players

We have blown a massive, history making, amount of money on a squad not good enough, reality.

Where we go from here is anyone’s guess, Jose was probably right when he said it would be easier starting with zero players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

The team is so incredibly dysfunctional throughout when you think about it really.

2 failed wingers as lb and rb. A donkey at cb. A midfield and attack that doesn't seem to know what it's trying to do. We have no discernible style of play or, heaven forbid, identity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Utd are playing like a Championship side .

Islander13 wrote: »
    G Neville: "Pogba would be 5th choice central midfielder at City". Quite

He probably would be just ahead of Foden tbf. Give Foden a few more years yet.

• Pathetic

Awful feeling as a fan watching this

We should be 5 down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thank Christ for that half time whistle

What a cluster fu*k of a last 20 minutes of that half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What Denial? Were you not praising Smalling a week or so ago saying he shouldn't be sold? Pogba again being a useless show pony.

We have one good central midfielder and one half decent CB. When were we not going to get ripped apart?

What is new today?

You with your passive aggressive posting with “oh here comes the meltdown” post. You’re in denial if you don’t think people are making valid points about the game and you think it’s just a meltdown.

Smart arse quips don’t go down well when are losing.

“Ah sure we are sh1te so it should be expected” by you in the middle of a game when others are commenting on the game is just a little too smug for my liking.

We can discuss the game you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Such an embarrassment. Not one player standing up here . Jose can rip into them all he want ma but it doesn't change the fact that this team is mentally very weak . Bunch of spineless losers out there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

When Liverpool press the whole team goes together

When Utd press its just the front players and the midfield and defence dont move at all so its easy to get around Utds attempt at the pressing game

Thats a coaching problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

BenK wrote: »
    The team is so incredibly dysfunctional throughout when you think about it really.

2 failed wingers as lb and rb. A donkey at cb. A midfield and attack that doesn't seem to know what it's trying to do. We have no discernible style of play or, heaven forbid, identity.
    Who’s fault is it though? Has to be down to Mourinho, would love to see what pep would do with this United team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Jose's retort that without City, Utd would have won the league is a poor indictment of the league. Imagine what cracks a league win would paper over with this squad of no-hopers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Best thing that can come from today is they get the confidence boost to go and dump the other lot out during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pogba will probably create a rocket for NASA before he actually presses his man. Smalling doesn't understand how to mark anything. We have better individuals but Liverpool have a greater sum of their parts.

I swear to God,if anyone here tries to defend Smalling after today I'll get more cards than Hallmark fooking them out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I forgot Sanchez was on the pitch.
    City have been Champions for a long time. We dont have the players to play Liverpools way.
    Could we try to play our way though? What is our way though? Jose has had two seasons and I'm failing to see any coherent shape or style to the team.

We might be in 2nd but we look years away from even challenging for the title never mind winning it. Absolute no heart out there at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

City are a cut above us and everyone else in the league. This is not coming as a surprise to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

City are a cut above us and everyone else in the league. This is not coming as a surprise to me anyway.

Our team capitulating isnt a surprise either, and thats the worse part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

You're very funny, ever think of stand up..?

How the hell have Liverpool battered them twice this season then?

City great team but they have been allowed play there game for most the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’m over the whole Jose Out / Players Out debate. I just wish I could be Out and not care anymore.

• Advertisement

You with your passive aggressive posting with “oh here comes the meltdown” post. You’re in denial if you don’t think people are making valid points about the game and you think it’s just a meltdown.

“Ah sure we are sh1te so it should be expected” by you in the middle of a game when others are commenting on the game is just a little too smug for my liking.

Well this is no suprise. Who honestly expected Smalling, Pogba, Sanchez, Herrera, Young to suddenly play better than they ever have/played in months?

I dont understand the shock that this is happening. Bailly is good but still moreso potential ability than current ability and has no competent defender beside him so how were we ever not gunna be ripped apart? We only have one midfielder so theres not much protection from their either. And thats the defensive aspect with no midfield how on earth are we supposed to create anything? I'm suprised the amount of people who seem to be amazed at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

TheDoc wrote: »

That’s it in a nutshell. We go from having a decent shape, good pressing, decent amount of possession and then concede a pathetic goal and then capitulate totally.

We are lucky to be only 2 behind.

Watching that United backline in the first half...

4Y0LjKA.gif

3/4 of them should not be regular starting players for United next season. Once they are, we'll see the same over and over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

I swear to God,if anyone here tries to defend Smalling after today I'll get more cards than Hallmark fooking them out of it.

You could include pogba in that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I never ever turn off a United game but I did today :( what I difference a week makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Nope. Story of the season. We’ll win a few and soldier on and it will all be forgotten about until we lose again. Then another meltdown. Rinse and repeat.

Nothing will change until there are a few leaders in the team. They are mostly all just so passive and the ones that aren’t are just not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

De gea must be calling his agent for a move
    Valencia what was he doing with that half assed lazy clearance
    Bailly not fit
    Stalling Has never been top quality
    Young a converted winger being shown up as such
    Herrera has been laughably bAd
    Magic not much better
    Pogba terrible
    Jese useless
    Sanchez anonymous
    Lukaku chasing himself to a stand still with no support

It's a continuation of the second half against Swansea except it's City we are facing who will punish a team who are going through the motions.

Individuals yes but as a team with tactics to press City?

Have to laugh at this. Some of us have been making these points all season and more often than not were met with your usual childish thank-whoring posts to the effect of "what have they won?" "winning doesn't matter as long as your playing pretty football?" "would you rather play like Liverpool and lose" etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I would say that thiugh there are certainly some who make valid points there are others who will go ott as always. This is normal tbf, my own lack of care about today is that it is nothing new. We knew what these players were before kick off today.

The valid points are indeed valid, but by and large they highlight nothing new and there are as many posters waiting to use today as an excuse to rage as there are posters who will find said raging amusing more than anything else.

Talk of it being pathetic that such an expensive team can't manage a shot on goal etc, was this said of City when they didn't have a shot on target at Liverpool? That kind of stuff provokes a laugh from me, sack everybody and no attacking intent etc when we have played for 20 minutes like you would want to play v city. Then the mistake is made and it all goes to ****. This is a mental thing, and this isn't the first time it's happened.

Big second half now for these lads to answer questions about themselves but do you think they will? Do you not think we already know the answers to these questions? I think we do.

We've improved, if we fail to improve next season the knives can be sharpened. Before then is premature imho considering

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Watching that United backline in the first half...

4Y0LjKA.gif

3/4 of them should not be regular starting players for United next season. Once they are, we'll see the same over and over again.

I still think unless we get a midfield partner for Matic it wont matter who is in defence we will be opened up against this style. Pogba may aswell stay in the stands for all his use to actual TEAMwork.

I'm done with this anyway bringing kids to bed lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Matic - if that’s what 40m gets you these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'm done with this anyway bringing kids to bed lol.

Ah lad, it's not their fault :pac:

I'd say put Mctominay on at this point but it's game over anyways here . These lot don't have it in them to fight back. 2nd half is going to be a hard watch

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I’m over the whole Jose Out / Players Out debate. I just wish I could be Out and not care anymore.

I’ve gone passed caring! I’ve always been a Mourinho fan but he’s now been shown up for the ultra negative style he prefers, if this ends up 5, 6 or 7 today i genuinely don’t see a way back for Mourinho with the United fans

not yet wrote: »
    You're very funny, ever think of stand up..?

Presumably you're a Liverpool fan? United have superior players in practically every starting XI position bar the front 3. Even then you could make an argument for the inclusion of Lukaku/Sanchez/Martial over Firmino or Mane. There's a reason we took 4 points off yer lot this season and currently are ahead of ye in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

How the hell have Liverpool battered them twice this season then?

City great team but they have been allowed play there game for most the season.

Liverpool continuously pressed them as a unit ,had a ferocious work rate and exposed City's soft underbelly in defence with their pacy widemen.

Utd have made City look good ,they gave away an appalling first goal allowing City to get their confidence up .

There are big question marks over this City sides temperament in the big games but its Utd who have thrown in the towel today .

I'd love to see the stats for completed passes for that half.
    Pass into midfield and watch as they try to run through a blue wall rather than pass it around them.
    The look on Jose's face said it all, it's as if he said to himself, "I gave them a job to do and they go out and do this Sh1te instead."

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Ah lad, it's not their fault :pac:

Haha!

Gonna go watch adventure time with me son cheer me up lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement