Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Have to laugh at this. Some of us have been making these points all season and more often than not were met with your usual childish thank-whoring posts to the effect of "what have they won?" "winning doesn't matter as long as your playing pretty football?" "would you rather play like Liverpool and lose" etc.

Laugh away. I'm not actually praising Liverpools style just saying that style is effective against City. That doesnt mean its a effective style over an entire season as you boys love to claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Best thing has been thev"Westworld" girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm done with this anyway bringing kids to bed lol.

But they've another 45 minutes to play.

Presumably you're a Liverpool fan? United have superior players in practically every starting XI position bar the front 3. Even then you could make an argument for the inclusion of Lukaku/Sanchez/Martial over Firmino or Mane. There's a reason we took 4 points off yer lot this season and currently are ahead of ye in the league.

Lukaku would not be ahead of Firmino for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Would you take fergie back?

Right now, I'd take Darren back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

shane. wrote: »
    I’ve gone passed caring! I’ve always been a Mourinho fan but he’s now been shown up for the ultra negative style he prefers, if this ends up 5, 6 or 7 today i genuinely don’t see a way back for Mourinho with the United fans

Honestly don’t think it matters mate as he will be here next year and we will go looking for players in the Summer and have 3 months of frustration and eventually end up with 3 or 4 signings with Valencia Young and Smalling still in the team. That’s what depresses me most. It’s like groundhog day.

Our second touch in City's box. #progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

pjohnson wrote: »
    Laugh away. I'm not actually praising Liverpools style just saying that style is effective against City. That doesnt mean its a effective style over an entire season as you boys love to claim.

I don't think I ever claimed that it's an effective style over an entire season but considering it's not too dissimilar from City's style then maybe it is quite an effective way to play the game. It doesn't seem to be too inferior to our style anyway, whatever that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

1 touch in City’s box. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Presumably you're a Liverpool fan? United have superior players in practically every starting XI position bar the front 3. Even then you could make an argument for the inclusion of Lukaku/Sanchez/Martial over Firmino or Mane. There's a reason we took 4 points off yer lot this season and currently are ahead of ye in the league.

Sweet jesus talk about being deluded..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

5 minutes of united pressing now and then back to the usual rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

I'd love to see the stats for completed passes for that half.
    Pass into midfield and watch as they try to run through a blue wall rather than pass it around them.
    The look on Jose's face said it all, it's as if he said to himself, "I gave them a job to do and they go out and do this Sh1te instead."

Very easy for him to have that look on his face. But at the end of the day he is the one coaching them and this **** is getting all to regular and showing no signs of improving. Its practically the same 14 or 15 players he picks from in the big games and they are all mentally weak. Something tells me they are not going to improve under him
    And why does he keep picking Smalling???

I would say that thiugh there are certainly some who make valid points there are others who will go ott as always. This is normal tbf, my own lack of care about today is that it is nothing new. We knew what these players were before kick off today.

The valid points are indeed valid, but by and large they highlight nothing new and there are as many posters waiting to use today as an excuse to rage as there are posters who will find said raging amusing more than anything else.

Talk of it being pathetic that such an expensive team can't manage a shot on goal etc, was this said of City when they didn't have a shot on target at Liverpool? That kind of stuff provokes a laugh from me, sack everybody and no attacking intent etc when we have played for 20 minutes like you would want to play v city. Then the mistake is made and it all goes to ****. This is a mental thing, and this isn't the first time it's happened.

Big second half now for these lads to answer questions about themselves but do you think they will? Do you not think we already know the answers to these questions? I think we do.

We've improved, if we fail to improve next season the knives can be sharpened. Before then is premature imho considering

Bingo. That was my initial point that seemed to cause upset. A lot seem to have not realised just how crap Smalling and Pogba are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Our second touch in City's box. #progress.

And a shot! Who knows, maybe they will wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

pjohnson wrote: »
    Lukaku would not be ahead of Firmino for Liverpool.

Another corner turned for you. And the sh*t I took for suggesting throughout the season that Lukaku may not be the top quality striker we require when compared to the goalscorers of the teams around us. I didn't say he'd be ahead of Firmino, I said you could make an argument for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, I'm in the "not surprised" camp as well.

There's. O new problems here today. Giving away stupid goals (and we got lucky not to give away a penalty within four minutes), Smalling being good for a goal conceded, Pogba and Herrera being aweful, Young and Valencia not being up to scratch.

These aren't new issues, and I've long since accepted it will be summer before it's fixed.

POGBA!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

shane. wrote: »
    5 minutes of united pressing now and then back to the usual rubbish!

I’m meant 8 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Cracking goal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wow that is great stuff.

Herrera you genius, what a chest

Robson99 wrote: »
    And why does he keep picking Smalling???

I said months ago that there must be some kind of major issue with Lindelöf that he has managed to make himself last choice defender when he is competing against fcuking Smalling.

Bailly hopefully recovers properly this summer since IC didnt make the WC. He hasn't had a decent run of games this year at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lovely goal. Team need to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Get in! Who else ha

Holy ****, Pogbaba again

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Wow that is great stuff.

Herrera you genius, what a chest

Well worked, Neville was in the middle of talking about pushing Sanchez further up and it worked.

lol where the Pogba haters gone now

Just play him more advance and get rid of his defensive problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

See thats what u want pogba to do, pass and move, no need for the dancing with the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

That was unexpected :)

What a comeback!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

YOu need to press hard, about time we did so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Never doubted him ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

PAULIE ****ING POGBA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

United have them on the ropes here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pogba class

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

#PogBack

What a turn around this half from Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Herrera showing signs of life today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He’s laughable I tell ya!

Holy fûck!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

What the hell? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Went off to cook a few burgers and comeback and its 2 all

I take credit for the comeback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The guy gets tremendous amounts of stick for the defensive side of his game, but he is clearly our best player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

beno619 wrote: »
    Herrera showing signs of life today.

Thought he was one of the few who had a decent enough first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Go make a few more!

Unreal! Some great football too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    lol where the Pogba haters gone now

Just play him more advance and get rid of his defensive problems

Papering over the cracks don’t ye know....

Atta boi Pogba

Went off to cook a few burgers and comeback and its 2 all

Then **** back off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

About f*cking time he ballsed up!

My doorbell rang as the second goal went in and I didn't even hear it,the guy at the door must have thought I was nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Missed the last 10 minutes and I c9me back to 2-2 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’m not going to get too excited here. Would be nice to sicken them by denying them the win now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thank Christ I changed my mind haha

Sand wrote: »
    The guy gets tremendous amounts of stick for the defensive side of his game, but he is clearly our best player.

If all of our players play a 10/10 in a game, he would be the standout player.

He is our most talented, just gotta get a system to suit

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement