Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018 pt. 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Another 300 million on defenders so they can get to the champions league semis next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Souness is Sounessing again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on Mike Summerbees wall right about now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

First time this season that city have lost when scoring first.. 24 wins and 1 draw in the other 25 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Headshot wrote: »
    My hatred for Souness knows no bounds

Bring back Niall Quinn and that's ****ing saying alot

I turned on Canadian TV and Jim Beglin was on,I quickly switched off at least we don't have to listen to Souness co-commentate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    Oh and Bangkok.. no moaning till we lose again :D

I stuck by them. Pogba is da man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

kate-upton-dance-gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

useless wrote: »
    Pep had a big chat in Pogba's ear at FT... wonder will Sky say anything about it

I’d like to think he was apologizing for stirring with his comments about him the day before.

adox wrote: »
    I’d like to think he was apologizing for stirring with his comments about him the day before.

More thrn likely stirring more ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Incredible comeback. Never, ever expected it. I was/am getting so tired of Pogba's anonymous displays but I'm praying he starts doing this on a regular basis. Thank fúck they didn't win the league against us. That should be 2nd wrapped up too.

Anyone remember this gowl?

https://twitter.com/FinallyMario/status/982668059088424960

• Advertisement

Only just clicked with me that Liverpool drew today ha.

2nd sorted so if we win our game in hand.

Not a bad auld day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Some second half performance. Delighted.

Shouldn't gloss over the need for two FBs, a centre half and a CM.

Currently on 71 points with 6 games left. Win them all and we would finish on the same number of points as we won the title with in Fergies last year.

Mad to think we could do that and still be double digits away from the champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Terrible first half in application and performance.

Much better second half in both. Great to see Sanchez and Pogba perform and impact the game significantly - they are the two we need to look to.

Rode our luck as usual in the second half still. Great save from ddg and terrible miss from sterling, along with young being lucky to mot give away a penalty, so the management still have issues from even the second half performance that need to be analysed and rectified going into next season.

Also, after the talk since yesterday the delight and passion from Pogba at the whistle was great to see (and expected to be fair). People will talk about his chat with pep but on the whistle he wanted to go to the fans - only didn't cause everyone else was shaking hands. As soon as hands were shook, and the chat with pep, he went running over and looked delighted.

Hopefully the passion and application on the second half is something the team can build on.

Match still showed defence needs to significantly improved in the summer. Too easy for city to win their battles with our defenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any clip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Terrible first half in application and performance.

Much better second half in both. Great to see Sanchez and Pogba perform and impact the game significantly - they are the two we need to look to.

Rode our luck as usual in the second half still. Great save from ddg and terrible miss from sterling, along with young being lucky to mot give away a penalty, so the management still have issues from even the second half performance that need to be analysed and rectified going into next season.

Also, after the talk since yesterday the delight and passion from Pogba at the whistle was great to see (and expected to be fair). People will talk about his chat with pep but on the whistle he wanted to go to the fans - only didn't cause everyone else was shaking hands. As soon as hands were shook, and the chat with pep, he went running over and looked delighted.

Hopefully the passion and application on the second half is something the team can build on.

Match still showed defence needs to significantly improved in the summer. Too easy for city to win their battles with our defenders.
    Pogba shrug off the rumors also to the fans.. he was running his mouth and waving with his arms

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pogba on Sky with Henry, analysising his goals.

Guess they roped him in given their scheduled programming got ruined :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MagicIRL wrote: »
    kate-upton-dance-gif

Nothing to say but this can't be qouted enough.

Sanchez' best game for us so far. Showing why we are paying him 500,000 krugerands a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pogba on Sky with Henry, analysising his goals.

Guess they roped him in given their scheduled programming got ruined :P

Thought it was an awful segment but that's because Henry is awful pundit and his analyse is just boring ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Only just clicked with me that Liverpool drew today ha.

2nd sorted so if we win our game in hand.

Not a bad auld day!

I think Spurs are the bigger threat to second place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Thought it was an awful segment but that's because Henry is awful pundit and his analyse is just boring ****e

It was very weird. Sky Sports trying to help Pogba be a better player? Strange stuff.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any clip?

Haven’t got one but Pep was on the pitch shaking the Utd players had and when he was with Pogba he had a good chat in his ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Also, giant efforts must be made with De Gea's contract. Make him the top earner.

Another absurd game-winning save today.

I think Spurs are the bigger threat to second place.

They have city next so someone will drop points! Win win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    Also, giant efforts must be made with De Gea's contract. Make him the top earner.

Another absurd game-winning save today.

I just wish he could work on his distribution. It's been dreadful consistently this season, and he was a massive part in gifting them the second goal today.

Still, pay him whatever.

The way pogba acted at the end i have no doubt he loves utd and never wanted a move to city

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I just wish he could work on his distribution. It's been dreadful consistently this season, and he was a massive part in gifting them the second goal today.

Still, pay him whatever.

His distribution was one of his plus points in his early days with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You know it's funny, remember all the ****e Jose got about young players will be destroyed under him blah blah blah

3 youngster who grew up going through the ranks of utd, take part in the game

Pep=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭useless

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any clip?

I only saw it on my stream so can’t help I’m afraid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

You know it's funny, remember all the ****e Jose got about young players will be destroyed under him blah blah blah

Pep=0

But but but...
    Jose doesn’t play kids and never gives young players a chance....
    pep fosters the academy...

Roles reversed much

Or Jose just showing he can change...

Pep=0

Nearly every thing people used against him hasn't happened. The same with the Mata situation. His biggest flaw with this team has been setting us up to sit back so early in games. It's not until where in major trouble that we get going.

That can't keep happening.

How bitter does Kompany sound...

Classlessness personified

MagicIRL wrote: »
    kate-upton-dance-gif

Breaking out the Kate gifs...
    what about Jennifer,Scarlett,Hayley and Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

brinty wrote: »

His party has being ruined

I nearly puked when Martin Tyler called him a legend

His party has being ruined

I nearly puked when Martin Tyler called him a legend

But... but... but... Tyler is a United fan and his favourite player is Martial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Shows how remarkable The Treble was. Teams lining you up and the number of games means fatigue is nearly your biggest enemy.

I hate liverpool but would love to see them hammer city again tuesday and spurs to do them next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Couldn't be happier Pogba and the lads turned up in the second half. Hopeful this team can kick on now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

brinty wrote: »

SKY SPORTS presenter to Kompany “Do you think you really care that you lost this game, when you could of won the league by beating your biggest rivals?”

Kompany be like

2Eoi.gif

• Advertisement

Shows how remarkable The Treble was. Teams lining you up and the number of games means fatigue is nearly your biggest enemy.

As I said earlier in the week fergie kept going, rotated his team and never lost after Christmas
    That’s legendary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Haven’t got one but Pep was on the pitch shaking the Utd players had and when he was with Pogba he had a good chat in his ear.

The definitely would have spoke about that, pep looked like what he was saying was somewhat apologetic or conciliatory, like he was explaining himself basically and pogba was saying don't worry about it pretty much. He then gestured to the fans not to listen to talk

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Great song choice for the outro on Sky :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That is such a huge result in many levels, haven't stopped smiling

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

bangkok wrote: »
    I hate liverpool but would love to see them hammer city again tuesday and spurs to do them next week

I’ll be cheering on City against Spurs that’s for sure. No reason I can see to wish for a Spurs win.

I think the CL tie is already done and dusted.

Pogba saying carrick has been brilliant with him

What did Kompany say? He’s usually fairly modest. Turned over to the golf ( or was it my stream that changed itself?)

What did Kompany say? He’s usually fairly modest. Turned over to the golf ( or was it my stream that changed itself?)

Mine changed itself. Didn’t realise they continued on SS Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So the bouncy gifs are mod-approved now....? ;)

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

So the bouncy gifs are mod-approved now....? ;)

When you come from behind 2-0 away to city and win 3-2 everything is approved :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement